• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tournament Results (UPDATE! 2/16/12)

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
I'm glad to see you've pick'd up this thread Kyon! I hope your committed to update this every week or so! :p

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
San Diego 13
10-31-2010

17th outta 51

beat some olimar, beat jebus whose this pretty good diddy in socal. it was a rly hard set haha but last stock on frigate round 3 i destroyed his life ;D

i got ***** by larry, only took 1 stock off the entire set

lost to paper whose this pretty good gdubz out here. i beat him last time but he got me this time. this foo is not easy and i shud prob just hard counter him w/ snake next time. gdubz is hard @_@

i learned some stuff

some chudat chronicles worthy stuff happened at the tourney

maaaaaad fun so **** it.

tourney was stacked too so i wish i made it at least one round farther but it's all good.

oh! and i teamed w/ lancestern haha. i was mk he was peach. we were doing pretty well too even though we went 1-2 but it's aaaall good we lost to good teams and we were doing well for never teaming before. we adapted pretty well to **** haha.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I was rocked at the tourney:

San Diego 13: Halloween Havok
October 31, 2010
$5 Entry Fee
33 out of 51

I started off doing good winning against Shiro (a Wolf) 2-0. Chain grabs were the main focus and outspacing him on the ground with Instant Dash Attack (it really works lol). Once I got him offstage I just tried to rack damage. Fair got most of my KOs.

Then I had to play Power Ranked MK Vato. 1st match went close because he SD'd. I got him to ~ 70% last stock before he wiped me out. Game 2 was a 2 stock on me haha.

In losers I ran into Oki (Game and Watch). I have a really hard time getting back on the ground when I'm in the air against him. I took the first match on smashville thanks to instant dash attack (LOLOLOL) and get crushed 2nd game on battlefield 2-stock. Last match we went back to smashville, went down to last hit for both of us: I knock him off the stage and chase (*sigh*) with a turnip... I get keyed in the head for it and die.

I wasn't happy with the placing, but I got a lot of compliments for improving my Peach. SO that made me feel good.

It was AMAZING teaming with Raz lol. And thanks for always giving me tips to improve my Peach. They are golden

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I took 2nd of 15, but I didn't use Peach once. :( Picked another bad character just to prove I could. lawl.
Forgive me.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
vato goes all mk in tourney. he uses diddy on some ppl who he feels it'd be easier on. i don't think he beat anyone ranked in tourney with his diddy but he did take a game off tkd's fox w/ diddy a couple weeks ago.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
APRD3 - Tempe, AZ
11/6/10
4th out of 25
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=290703

Hey guys... I went to a tournament yesterday in Tempe since I wasn't able to make it to MLG Dallas...

It's been three months since I last competed for Brawl. I've been focusing a lot on Melee recently since I've been stuck at home and my city is a Melee city. I will be moving up to #6 with Peach for Melee, ranked among amazing players like Axe, Taj, Forward, GamerGuitarist7, Vectorman, etc. Armada has had a major influence on my Peach and I've learned a lot from other Peach players such as Light, Vidjo, Cort, Pink Shinobi, VaNz, Vwins, MacD, Azen, Mike G, and several others. I finally feel myself getting closer to the top level in Melee and it's really exciting.

Brawl on the other hand I feel like I'm at a standstill. All the best players live in Tempe, about an hour and half away from Tucson, where I live. My technical skill is still getting a lot better and I am making better reads, but tournament fatigue has started to take a toll on my Brawl Peach. It's so exhausting playing her in tournament for 12 hours.

I got second in teams, and in grand finals we 5-stocked Darklink and Kira in one of the matches, I had 188% with 3-stocks left. It was amazing and it made me realize that Peach is a really good character in teams. Seriously, I can see why Nicole, Peachkid, Excel Zero, and other Peach players that have had success in doubles. Once I find a consistent partner that I can work with, I will be more excited about teams in the future. Peach and MK make a great team.

Singles. Gosh darn it... well let's just say things started great earlier on in the tournament when pools were going on. I fought 5 people and went 10-0 in my pool and was 1st seed lol. Before my pools matches, I had an intense Melee match with a Marth player who I have a rivalry with now lol. I ended up beating his Marth, which has given me problems in the past, but I beat him and was so excited! But then I lost to Axe 0-2 in winner's semis and Forward 1-2 in loser's semis. Let's just say that this Melee tournament was extremely stacked!

Anywho, it was kind of difficult switching back and forth from Melee to Brawl Peach. Seriously, Melee Peach has it so much better!! Like I believe she can be #1 lol, but maybe because I also love her a lot too. :p I lost to Darklink in winner's semis and I lost 0-2. It was kinda disheartening... but I'm glad I can take him down to last stock every time and make it close. Later on I had a tough set with my best friend who plays Snake. I have the set recorded, so I will be uploading that later. At this point in the tournament, I was so ****ing tired.

The morning of the tournament, I had to wake up around 6:30 so I could wake up and get ready for my job orientation at Aeropostal @ 8 am. I went to bed around 2 am, so I was pretty tired. Then I left Tucson for Tempe at 11 am so I could get to Tempe around 12:30pm.

So after my set with Tommy, I had to fight Kira, who lost to Jard (Dawei). That was a big upset. Kira went Pit the first match and I beat it pretty solidly. He switched to ROB and OMG we had the most epic and most hyped match of the tournament. He won on Smashville 1-stock... 120% I think. Then I counterpicked to Pokemon Stadium 1 and he timed me out. I chased him til the very end and lost by about 20%. It sucked really bad. I wanted to throw my controller out of rage. I knew I could have beaten him, but at this point I was too tired to pull it through. I believe I have what it takes to be the best player in AZ for Brawl and this opened my eyes at how close I was achieving it.

Yeah, I know I'm johning, but I just really wanted to vent this out. Peach is a tough character to play in Brawl. Irregardless (lol), I love her still and I will continue improving with her.

Go Peach! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

:peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Then I counterpicked to Pokemon Stadium 1 and he timed me out. I chased him til the very end and lost by about 20%. It sucked really bad. I wanted to throw my controller out of rage.
Oh. My. God.

Same thing happened to me this weekend, only it was against a Lucario and on Pokemon Stadium 2. Same percentage difference and everything.

**** the 8:00 timer, that is better suited for Melee. I'm going to run the Tijuana/TKD ruleset minus the silly airtime rule at my tournaments when I start hosting.

Gameswithgoodies

Smash Ace
than there would be even less reason to approach :D it would become a game of patience and who is more willing to stay away.
Time-outs happen in any fighting game.......

Top Bottom