• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tournament Results (UPDATE! 2/16/12)

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Nah not really. Either way, a character will have to approach. If Peach is fighting Falco, she'll obviously have to approach. If she doesn't she'll just eat lazers ALL DAY LONG and then get KOed. If Peach is fighting Kirby or DK, they'll have to approach because they lack a reliable projectile(in Kirby's case) or no projectile at all(DK).

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Nah not really. Either way, a character will have to approach. If Peach is fighting Falco, she'll obviously have to approach. If she doesn't she'll just eat lazers ALL DAY LONG and then get KOed. If Peach is fighting Kirby or DK, they'll have to approach because they lack a reliable projectile(in Kirby's case) or no projectile at all(DK).
Not all the time though. In the DK MU, I find it very wanting for a Peach to approach. She has the turnips in this MU to cover his options on her so she can come in clean.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
I know Peach does not have trouble approaching DK, I am just saying she can camp too. @Cspyker lol I don't know how u wouldn't be approaching him without planking.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
With smash attacks that can kill at ridiculously low percentages, a stupidly far range high priority bair, and a fully charge punch with super armor frames, it DEFINITELY can be hard to approach. Turnip spam will only get you so far.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I fight a pretty decent Donkey Kong here in AZ... he's now #7 on the Power Rankings. His name is Stevo... he's KiraFlax's brother lol. In pools he got me down to last stock, but in tournament I 2-stocked him on SV and 3-stocked him on Castle Siege. Something clicked and I realized what to do against Donkey Kong. Turnips are very helpful in the matchup. <3

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I fight a pretty decent Donkey Kong here in AZ... he's now #7 on the Power Rankings. His name is Stevo... he's KiraFlax's brother lol. In pools he got me down to last stock, but in tournament I 2-stocked him on SV and 3-stocked him on Castle Siege. Something clicked and I realized what to do against Donkey Kong. Turnips are very helpful in the matchup. <3
Well again you are playing a "pretty decent" donkey kong. High level you aren't going to be 3 stocking a DK on their counterpick.

Let him learn it a little more

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Well again you are playing a "pretty decent" donkey kong. High level you aren't going to be 3 stocking a DK on their counterpick.

Let him learn it a little more
Lol **** I'm close. I 2 stocked R1ppl3 on his counterpick (Picto). He took forever to die, but this featherweight (but sexy and lovable) princess held out long enough to finish the job. :3

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Well my original point was Peach doesn't have to approach, regardless of how hard it may or may not be to approach DK.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
It's not hard to approach DK, just stay the **** out of the air at mid-long range since you have no business being there against him and figure out ways to bait something from him or fake him out. Approaching Marth makes this feel like a walk in the park.

@ Kyon- I'll update you with my two latest results shortly.

gantrain05

Smash Master
he's just a really smart player, and i was reaaaaally underestimating him, first i was like...oh bowser....whatever...rainbow cruise? this will make it ten times easier....it was a terrible underestimation, he knocked me into losers in the 2nd round lol.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I beat lain a couple games with that bowser

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
my bracket was gay but ima get beast enough so that it won't even matter if I have to play the seibriks and havoks of the world. :|

Nicole

Smash Champion
lets not talk about how gay the bracket was...

But it WAS mad gay for all of us, I'm pretty sure.

gantrain05

Smash Master
if i went to mlg, im pretty sure i'd just end up having to play 2 peaches in a row, no matter what tournament, if there are 80 entrants and 2 peaches......i always end up doing a peach ditto. its ****ing lame.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Yeah it was, no johns though.

The way I was playing AFTER the tournament, I could have placed much better.

still salty

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I always do bad in tourneys.

I start off with really hard brackets since day one. :/

Like seriously, this is starting to piss me off.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah it was, no johns though.

The way I was playing AFTER the tournament, I could have placed much better.

still salty
It's all good. Just make up for it by coming to Pound 5 and ******, and I'll make up for not coming by going to WHOBO. Capice?

Also everyone, click on my sig. It's the most successful series on my side of the Midwest, and the events are very fun. The last one had 117 entrants including but not limited to Ally, Atomsk, TKbro, Allied, Inui, and a lot of the Midwest's finest players. Please give it some thought. :3

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Wahahahhhha.

We should team for WHOBO. (smirk)
Sure, I'm down with that. You can be the Peach support lol. My MK and Pikachu will both be really good by then I'm sure. We can run double Peach on easier teams too I guess.

*whisper* Pikachu f-throw to Peach u-smash...free kill. ;)

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I wanna team with a DK...

Peach's Dthrow to DK's Usmash can seriously destroy a team's stock. @.@

EDIT:

If I team with Will, I'd be the happiest MO FO in the **** tourney.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Sure, I'm down with that. You can be the Peach support lol. My MK and Pikachu will both be really good by then I'm sure. We can run double Peach on easier teams too I guess.

*whisper* Pikachu f-throw to Peach u-smash...free kill. ;)
alreadyyyyyy

Top Bottom