• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach is incredibly underrated

DemonFart

Smash Lord
same with PT, though he is not one of the best characters in the game.

i have to admit, i cant take peach seriously.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Honestly, Peach is an incredible character.
I just don't know how to use her very well...

DemonFart

Smash Lord
well the only reason i dont take peach seriously is because i have never versed any good peaches.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Does not mean you should not take her seriously. Underestimating a character leads to your demise in a way it should not. People who think like that will never be as good as they want

SleeplessInKyoto

Smash Apprentice
Well yeah, of course she is. The problem is that not many players play with her at all. I dont really know why that is, but if i was to guess, it would come down to the fact that her playstyle isnt super fast and takes a lot of thought and effort. Or maybe most players wouldnt want to play because she's a princess and they're well .....insecure.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I think Peach is one of the best characters in the game.
Get bent Fiction.

OF course Peach is one of the best characters in the game. Her matchups are excellent, and if she had better KO moves she would be a very high tiered character.

She's underrated but she will get her dues soon. (below Pit? WTF)

Rainy

Smash Apprentice
Alot of people just don't think to try Peach. I started using her when I got her through randoms once >_>

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Peach,PT and Ness need to go up.But we won't be seeing that until people beat Metaknights with them.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
I like her being underrated (same with PT). It's all better when I beat someone and they are like "WTF!? Peach/PT is actually good!?"

Just had a MK main complain about peach and her spammy turnips and LOLFair last night on wifi. Good times. :)

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Azen got second at ECRC Finals with almost all peach so....

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
A good preemptive strike before I infinite you in tournament.. ;D
Lol I thought we had all established that that doesn't work LOL. Ask Villi

<3

Hm, out of curiosity, why do you think that?
This is all theoretical as of now, but I think I might try peach as a secondary just to try to prove my point. First of all, she can chance the height of her jumps at will (if only they had left in her second jump from melee :( ) which allows her to land on platforms instantly whenever she needs to in a game that is usually considered too floaty to make use of platforms compared to games like melee with wavelanding.

Second to this, she has little or no lag on any of here aerials, which, combined with her ability to hover incredibly low to the ground, allows her to throw out tons of aerials really really fast. I've seen videos (notably dark pch.) of peach performing this trick. This in itself can easily be used for shield pressure and grab setups, which are virtually unheard of in this game lol. This ability also gives her the power to combo very well, even against characters who smash DI her dair lol. using footstools, her amazing bair lock, multihitting aerials (the double damage thing) and this instant aerial cancel ability, she can essentially never allow an opponent to land from a combo until higher percents, where many peach players complain about getting the kill. They completely ignore her fair's ability to gimp offstage and her ability to quickly and efficiently combo into a u smash, which kills early.

She can pluck out turnips fairly fast and has a good glidetoss, allowing her to space quickly even by glidetossing and throwing the turnip into the ground (so many options). She has so many options....

She is just such a great character :D

forestflower

Smash Cadet
huh oh im in imagination land having tea with link
I use peach and PWN my brother when i use her but he keeps going WTF peach isnt good
i dont care if shes underatted
if she goes up good i use her a lot ill be happy
if she stays the same i dont mind
i never really care about teirs or what people think of a character
i think its outragous how people base decisions on how they will do against a character based on where they are on the teir list

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

<3

This is all theoretical as of now, but I think I might try peach as a secondary just to try to prove my point. First of all, she can chance the height of her jumps at will (if only they had left in her second jump from melee :( ) which allows her to land on platforms instantly whenever she needs to in a game that is usually considered too floaty to make use of platforms compared to games like melee with wavelanding.

Second to this, she has little or no lag on any of here aerials, which, combined with her ability to hover incredibly low to the ground, allows her to throw out tons of aerials really really fast. I've seen videos (notably dark pch.) of peach performing this trick. This in itself can easily be used for shield pressure and grab setups, which are virtually unheard of in this game lol. This ability also gives her the power to combo very well, even against characters who smash DI her dair lol. using footstools, her amazing bair lock, multihitting aerials (the double damage thing) and this instant aerial cancel ability, she can essentially never allow an opponent to land from a combo until higher percents, where many peach players complain about getting the kill. They completely ignore her fair's ability to gimp offstage and her ability to quickly and efficiently combo into a u smash, which kills early.

She can pluck out turnips fairly fast and has a good glidetoss, allowing her to space quickly even by glidetossing and throwing the turnip into the ground (so many options). She has so many options....

This man speaks wisdom. And He is a wario main? You have my respect.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Peach's 2nd jump is so so so much better than people realise. Recovery wise it is pretty rubbish but as a spacing move, it's unbelievebly good

Peach is imo underated but...the problem is, who does she deserve to be above at this current time when you take a proper look at the tier list?

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Does not mean you should not take her seriously. Underestimating a character leads to your demise in a way it should not. People who think like that will never be as good as they want
You sound so wise in this post lol.

Um... I'd say we Peach mains are lucky. Unlike most of the other mid and low tiers we have amazing people out there representing her, and placing good with her. I can definately see her maybe at the bottom of high tier.

Peach's 2nd jump is so so so much better than people realise. Recovery wise it is pretty rubbish but as a spacing move, it's unbelievebly good
I agree completely, her second jump is too good.

Sky`

Smash Lord

<3

I'm taking you out of tournament this weekend.

If you see me in winners, You'll be put in losers,
If you see me in losers, Be prepared to get thrown out.

5th in singles at our Regional this past weekend. 2stocked THEEE N4n3rz in tournament.

Yoooo nextttt! (All peach.)
WTF's gonna happen when I counterpick that a$$? XD <3 fiction.

But on a Srs note.

Peach just can't do it by herself. I'm at an armistice with Edrees in saying that although Peach is a Great character, she just can't go and win a regional by herself. She's wonderful, of this I'm sure. But if you want to start winning tournaments and the like, you're going to have to pick up a Sub, that will make her bad matchups cake.

...I'll leave it at that, until somebody disagrees.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I disagree. But that is just me. Then again I did make that thread about Peach winning a big tournament. After what I seen the characters azen Beat with Peach or came close to against good players, Yea I disaggree.

To me, there is only one way this is happening. if someone had the mind of Mike G In brawl like he did in melee back in his prime. And that level is freaking hard. Mike G was a freaking smart and clever man with so much mindgames, made people like Vidjo, cort, and wife look like not much to him.

I want that day to come soon. I been trying too but can't do it, I have to many problem. I hope edreese could.

Sky`

Smash Lord
I disagree. But that is just me. Then again I did make that thread about Peach winning a big tournament. After what I seen the characters azen Beat with Peach or came close to against good players, Yea I disaggree.

To me, there is only one way this is happening. if someone had the mind of Mike G In brawl like he did in melee back in his prime. And that level is freaking hard. Mike G was a freaking smart and clever man with so much mindgames, made people like Vidjo, cort, and wife look like not much to him.

I want that day to come soon. I been trying too but can't do it, I have to many problem. I hope edreese could.
=]

I know you don't like me very much, or what have you.

But I'll do it for you.

This weekend, alright?
I promise, I'll make something out of her.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5761142#post5761142

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
LoL I'm flattered that you are saying this Fiction (no doubt its because of lil old me ;) ) but Peach is NOT one of the best characters in the game. She is good, and has the potential for near the bottom of high tier, and at worst she'd the top of mid tier, and is a good character. She cannot penetrate that elite 8 status though (MK, Snake, Diddy, Marth, DDD, game and watch, wario, etc) because:

A) She has to played near mistake proof to compete with these top characters

B) It is incredibly hard for her to get a KO on most of these characters. It takes awhile

C) She has disadvantaged or even matchups to all of the forementioned characters. The only advantage is Wario. How can she be as good as them ?

Peach is good but lets not get carried away. Trust me, once you get the tournament experience I have with her, you see alot of different things - its pretty hard to win with her once you reach top 17 or top 25 of a tournament, because thats that KOing power really really hurts you. Once I reach that stage of a tournament, to win with Peach you have to outplay your opponents significantly. It's very possible but at that point it is the player more than the character .

Azen doesn't count anything for saying how good Peach is. He could get 2nd with any character. He reads his opponents like books.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
LoL I'm flattered that you are saying this Fiction (no doubt its because of lil old me ;) ) but Peach is NOT one of the best characters in the game. She is good, and has the potential for near the bottom of high tier, and at worst she'd the top of mid tier, and is a good character. She cannot penetrate that elite 8 status though (MK, Snake, Diddy, Marth, DDD, game and watch, wario, etc) because:

A) She has to played near mistake proof to compete with these top characters

B) It is incredibly hard for her to get a KO on most of these characters. It takes awhile

C) She has disadvantaged or even matchups to all of the forementioned characters. The only advantage is Wario. How can she be as good as them ?

Peach is good but lets not get carried away. Trust me, once you get the tournament experience I have with her, you see alot of different things - its pretty hard to win with her once you reach top 17 or top 25 of a tournament, because thats that KOing power really really hurts you. Once I reach that stage of a tournament, to win with Peach you have to outplay your opponents significantly. It's very possible but at that point it is the player more than the character .

Azen doesn't count. He could get 2nd with any character. I'm serious.
QFT!!!!! Still, Peach is a really good character, I foresee many good things happening with her in the future. And this game is still fairly new, we still have new things yet to be discovered :)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I would have to disagree with you here Edreese. Peach has a slight advantage over Peach. I spoke with NinjaLink about this a while back, around the time I played his diddy and it was recorded. He said the only reason I lost like that cause I had no diddy experience. He was the first good diddy I fought. But I did win some matches. So I really would not count diddy.

Peach is not like other characters. Most characters is the same ****. nothing new or creative. The only problem I see with her that is fustrating is killing. But with that, she comes with a whole bunch of options, maybe more than anyone else. Peach is not a character you just play and have indgames with. She is also very stratigic with all the stuff she can do. Thats why I can't stressed this enough, a mind like Mike G would get it done. Dude was all of that and more. he was the creator of melee Peach.

Also the matches with the high tiers and not even domination.

Sky`

Smash Lord
I would have to disagree with you here Edreese. Peach has a slight advantage over Peach (Diddy?). I spoke with NinjaLink about this a while back, around the time I played his diddy and it was recorded. He said the only reason I lost like that cause I had no diddy experience. He was the first good diddy I fought. But I did win some matches. So I really would not count diddy.

Peach is not like other characters. Most characters is the same ****. nothing new or creative. The only problem I see with her that is fustrating is killing. But with that, she comes with a whole bunch of options, maybe more than anyone else. Peach is not a character you just play and have indgames with. She is also very stratigic with all the stuff she can do. Thats why I can't stressed this enough, a mind like Mike G would get it done. Dude was all of that and more. he was the creator of melee Peach.

Also the matches with the high tiers and not even domination.
I'd like to extend an arm of experience here.
In the west coast, we hold two of the best Diddys in the US. N4N3RZ and TC1. I've played them a million times, and recently in tournament. Although I beat N4N3RZ yesterday in tournament, I can safely say that she does not have the matchup advantage. Simply put, Peanuts kill her Air game, and her ground game gets pummeled by Diddy's. Diddy's Ground game > Peaches. Course, it's not impossible, but there's no way that it's in her favor. The only reason I won, is because I had a superior projectile game, and didn't rely on her Air-game as much. I just don't think that Peach has the base advantage in that matchup, and that's coming from somebody with a lot of Diddy Exp.

Further more, any stretch of the imagination to compare Melee to Brawl, in any way shape or form is a contradiction. He invented Melee peach, that does not mean that he can reform Brawl peach. They are completely different characters in that regard. One can't keep throwing around a Melee pro's name and just say that they can recreate anything. That's like saying Silent Spectre can Still make Falcon Top tier, (But he does do decent in tournaments, haha.) Ain't gonna happen.

Imo, at higher levels of gameplay, it becomes less about the character you play, and more about how you play. Dunno if you've ever done this, but you can tell just by playing somebody, who's played Melee, and who just entered in the Brawl Scene.

But those base disadvantages provoke you to reach an intellectual level that's beyond comprehending, and it is because of that, that Peach can't make it alone. To say that somebody can reach that intellectual level to outsmart intelligent smashers with the clear advantage over your character is just wishful thinking.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'd like to extend an arm of experience here.
In the west coast, we hold two of the best Diddys in the US. N4N3RZ and TC1. I've played them a million times, and recently in tournament. Although I beat N4N3RZ yesterday in tournament, I can safely say that she does not have the matchup advantage. Simply put, Peanuts kill her Air game, and her ground game gets pummeled by Diddy's. Diddy's Ground game > Peaches. Course, it's not impossible, but there's no way that it's in her favor. The only reason I won, is because I had a superior projectile game, and didn't rely on her Air-game as much. I just don't think that Peach has the base advantage in that matchup, and that's coming from somebody with a lot of Diddy Exp.

Further more, any stretch of the imagination to compare Melee to Brawl, in any way shape or form is a contradiction. He invented Melee peach, that does not mean that he can reform Brawl peach. They are completely different characters in that regard. One can't keep throwing around a Melee pro's name and just say that they can recreate anything. That's like saying Silent Spectre can Still make Falcon Top tier, (But he does do decent in tournaments, haha.) Ain't gonna happen.

Imo, at higher levels of gameplay, it becomes less about the character you play, and more about how you play. Dunno if you've ever done this, but you can tell just by playing somebody, who's played Melee, and who just entered in the Brawl Scene.

But those base disadvantages provoke you to reach an intellectual level that's beyond comprehending, and it is because of that, that Peach can't make it alone. To say that somebody can reach that intellectual level to outsmart intelligent smashers with the clear advantage over your character is just wishful thinking.
Ok, let me break it down to you. With Peach vs Diddy, you can NOT depend on one thing his ground game is better than yours, so for that you take it to the skiles, he can shoot you down with peanuts or even the bananas, so you take it to the ground. You have to rotate both air and ground game to beat diddy. I said all of this when we discussed Peach vs diddy a while back. And they both have to be equally good, if not, he can just force you to pick up your weakest game (air or ground) and get you for it. Thanks to NinjaLink, I don't lose to diddy kings. I can't even recall the last time I lost to one besides NinjaLink. Even diddys say the match up is a pain for them, even with all the bannas tricks and all. He is the only diddy I have lost to, anyone else so far I don't lose.

Also, you are not getting my example with Mike G. The dude was too freaking smart. I'm saying someone equal to his mind with Peach in brawl will really bring the hurt. I am not comoaring the 2 games.

Yea I ment diddy. or to cover myself up A good Peach has a slight advantage over an average Peach.

Sky`

Smash Lord
Ok, let me break it down to you. With Peach vs Diddy, you can NOT depend on one thing his ground game is better than yours, so for that you take it to the skiles, he can shoot you down with peanuts or even the bananas, so you take it to the ground. You have to rotate both air and ground game to beat diddy. I said all of this when we discussed Peach vs diddy a while back. And they both have to be equally good, if not, he can just force you to pick up your weakest game (air or ground) and get you for it. Thanks to NinjaLink, I don't lose to diddy kings. I can't even recall the last time I lost to one besides NinjaLink. Even diddys say the match up is a pain for them, even with all the bannas tricks and all. He is the only diddy I have lost to, anyone else so far I don't lose.

Also, you are not getting my example with Mike G. The dude was too freaking smart. I'm saying someone equal to his mind with Peach in brawl will really bring the hurt. I am not comoaring the 2 games.

Yea I ment diddy.
So.
Do you think that Mike G can win a tournament with...
Only Yoshi?
Or...
Only CF?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
So.
Do you think that Mike G can win a tournament with...
Only Yoshi?
Or...
Only CF?
If we talking about melee:
Mike does not touch Yoshi. He secretly had a falcon. But did not use so much. Sneak Peak of it in his combo video.

His strongest one was of course the character he created.

Brawl- This all depends on his taste and tolorance. And those characters are limited and not much you can do with them. Peach is not like that. You have so much stuff with her. If he was to play Brawl and still have that sick as mind and he did in melee, then yes I think he could take it, all he would need to learn is to learn all these match ups 100% and he is good to go.

Sky`

Smash Lord
If we talking about melee:
Mike does not touch Yoshi. He secretly had a falcon. But did not use so much. Sneak Peak of it in his combo video.

His strongest one was of course the character he created.

Brawl- This all depends on his taste and tolorance. And those characters are limited and not much you can do with them. Peach is not like that. You have so much stuff with her. If he was to play Brawl and still have that sick as mind and he did in melee, then yes I think he could take it, all he would need to learn is to learn all these match ups 100% and he is good to go.
They are called matchups for a reason.

You seem to live in this Anime world in which if you "Set your mind to things, Ni-chan, you can do whatever you want to do, no matter the odds." And then the Main anime character trains up in a Montage, and does something everybody thought was impossible, and proves everybody wrong, which ends the conflict, only to arise another, and he does the same thing, and then it repeats with some minor twists. XD

But here in the real world, it takes more than that to do anything of the sort. CF will never win a Regional.
Yoshi will never win a Regional.
Alone.
I don't care how smart you are, the base advantages of some characters just fail in comparison.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
They are called matchups for a reason.

You seem to live in this Anime world in which if you "Set your mind to things, Ni-chan, you can do whatever you want to do, no matter the odds." And then the Main anime character trains up in a Montage, and does something everybody thought was impossible, and proves everybody wrong, which ends the conflict, only to arise another, and he does the same thing, and then it repeats with some minor twists. XD

But here in the real world, it takes more than that to do anything of the sort. CF will never win a Regional.
Yoshi will never win a Regional.
Alone.
I don't care how smart you are, the base advantages of some characters just fail in comparison.
If that is the case, what is the point of use learning these match ups for, for that, lets just all stop using peach against high tiers. every time we see one, screw it, whip out our high tiers too. Sorry but I don't feeling like playing chicken for every high tier I run into, or else there be no point in learning them if you won't even try to win with them as Peach. waste of time then. The the reason I go only Peach in tournies.

And the hell with Falcon and Yoshi, this is about Peach here. Different characters, which Peach is better than.

Top Bottom