• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach grand tour (USA) 2009

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Btw DP I wouldn't go so far as to say that you're better than Sky w/o even playing him. Just handle this at Genesis coz I'm positive that California has just about the hardest smash community to do well in. Sooo many good players. And yes Bento, definitely yes. <3
As people been saying, Peach dittos don't mean anything. So since lots want to say and put it that way. If I was to beat him in a ditto, it won't mean anything. And for the way he is acting, I really don't care about him in terms of this.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
lol Midwest has no love. Oh well I guess Ill just stay and hang with Xyless, Gantrain, and Mikey to represent. :p

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Yet that does not matter to me. It's how you place in tournaments that matter. This is how one is seen up there. By how you do in tournaments and what you place. Again, no one has surpassed my tournament ratio in the USA. I'm not saying this cause I feel like I am better than you are. the fact are right in your face.
Dark, I know you know virtually nothing about Sky, but he's got a VERY long tournament list and has attended many more than you, and places high consistently. I don't think your tournament ratio is unchallenged by him, and you're VASTLY underrepresenting him. Not saying he's better or anything. Just don't undervalue him.

I'm not going to argue who is #2 or #3 here but Sky DOES have a longer record.

No. PRs are about how well you place in tournaments period. You cannot quantify the value of a certain matches because X player may have been better than Y player. If anything, D.Pch might be facing tougher competition due to MD/VA/NY/NJ being the strongest region in the states.

As a member of the WA PR committee, I have to tell you that you're wrong >_> It's who you beat.

Otherwise, a guy who wins two house tournaments with a lucky bracket could be higher on PR than the guy who wins the regional going through all of the top players in the process.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
That list was not done well. cause first off, and I am gonna be honest. how are you gonna rank third when more have done more than you have. Lets do it this way:

You say you are better than me correct and same with bones?

Dark.Pch

1. 9th out of 62 (Montage Presents: The Peak, Already? Princeton, New Jersey) 5/17/08
2. 13th out of 30 (NYC weeklies) 6/??/08
3. 13th out of 76 (Mass Madness 10, Massachusetts) 7/12/08
4. 7th out of 44 (NYC Weeklies) 7/18/08
5. 9th out of 60 (NYC weeklies) 7-25-08
6. 9th out of 65 (Mass Madness 12) 10/4/08
7. 3rd out of 29 (Newbs for brawl 4, Conneticuit) 10/25/08
8. 1st out of 19 (Smash Sundays 11-9 Hamden, Ct (Connecticut)) 11/09/08
9. 25th out of 97 (C3 ECRC- Ashburn, Virginia) 11/22/08
10. 7th out of 18 (Bums Bi-weeklies, New York) 11/28/08
11. 17th out of 30 (ECRC Finals C4, Conneticiut) 1/10/09

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bone

1. 2nd out of 40 (Chula Vista: Brawl Weekly IV) 7/13/08
2. 5th out of 31 (Chula Vista: Brawl Weekly V) 7/20/08
3. 4th out of 23 (Chula Vista: Brawl Weekly VI) 7/27/08
4. 1st out of 27 (Chula Vista: Brawl Weekly VII) 8/3/08
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SKY'

1. 5th out of 38 (QUIZNOS PRESENTS BRAWL II) ??/??/??
2. 33rd out of 112 (Brawl In Oakland) 8-2/3-08
3. 25th out of 87 (Races Tourney: The Dream Bout!) 8-27-08
4. 25th out of 308 (Axis Gaming) 8-30-08
5. 9th of 46 (CGC @ SFSU) 10/26/08
6. 5th out of 76 (CGC @ SFSU V) ??/??/??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Um...these are really old results for Sky, I don't see anything newer than November. And 5th of 76th is higher than any of your rankings, Dark. The closest you have is 25th of 97 and 1st of 19.

I know Sky's been to at least twelve tournaments since the last one in that list. You can see them on his AllIsBrawl profile.

That list was not done well. cause first off, and I am gonna be honest. how are you gonna rank third when more have done more than you have. Lets do it this way:
"The list was flawed, cause I should be higher."
See above. I stand behind the list for its time period.

Also, if WC Peach players are better, how do you explain me being #2 and you have a **** load of Peach players over there? The amount of Peach players you have over there does not mean anything. skills and tournaments do.
...who? Edrees, Sky, Praxis (very high north compared to the rest), and occasionally susannayouuu and razmakazi. That's...it?

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
As a member of the WA PR committee, I have to tell you that you're wrong >_> It's who you beat.

Otherwise, a guy who wins two house tournaments with a lucky bracket could be higher on PR than the guy who wins the regional going through all of the top players in the process.
Actually, I think it's a little bit of both. What if the house tourney consisted of mostly really good players who attend regularly? A fairly good example of this are the Clowsuis tourney's that I go to. (OS, Kel, AZ, Quivo, Sliq whom all regularly attend.) Sure you could say that a players overall tourney placings doesn't matter but you have to admit that it DOES factor to some degree.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Actually, I think it's a little bit of both. What if the house tourney consisted of mostly really good players who attend regularly? A fairly good example of this are the Clowsuis tourney's that I go to. (OS, Kel, AZ, Quivo, Sliq whom all regularly attend.) Sure you could say that a players overall tourney placings doesn't matter but you have to admit that it DOES factor to some degree.
Placings certainly factor. But who you beat is the primary determinant. A player's overall placing does help whittle it down, but if two players tie for fifth, and one of them got two byes and beat a pile of randoms and no ranked players, in WA, the player who beat no ranked players will not be considered for PR.

Generally, higher placing = higher on PR because you have to go through good players to place, with proper seeding xD

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dark, I know you know virtually nothing about Sky, but he's got a VERY long tournament list and has attended many more than you, and places high consistently. I don't think your tournament ratio is unchallenged by him, and you're VASTLY underrepresenting him. Not saying he's better or anything. Just don't undervalue him.

I'm not going to argue who is #2 or #3 here but Sky DOES have a longer record.

Um...these are really old results for Sky, I don't see anything newer than November. And 5th of 76th is higher than any of your rankings, Dark. The closest you have is 25th of 97 and 1st of 19.

I know Sky's been to at least twelve tournaments since the last one in that list. You can see them on his AllIsBrawl profile.

"The list was flawed, cause I should be higher."
See above. I stand behind the list for its time period.
What. Get out of here with this. First off, don't make exuses for sky talking about these are old results for him. cause I am using all tournament results. so dont give me that one.

I'm not buying anything you say ether cause you are the one who made that PR list.You are gonna go and say that he is better than me or w/e cause of that 5th out of 76 crap? Is that how you base things off. ok then, I am gonna enter a with 100 people and come out 7 or better. with that, I am the best Peach in the country just like that cause that is how you are coming off.

Add up all his tournament ratio with mine, I do better than him and everyone else. don't sit here and give me this crap all cause you 2 are w/e or w/e pride you 2 have.

And again, no, who you beat is not all that matters in tournaments. it is how you place in tournaments that matter, seriously wtf?

BentoBox

Smash Master

Yeah I know, I went and looked up @ how PRs were compiled in the regionals threads~ but the PR Sky was referring to is 4 months old and was admittedly flawed and inaccurate, so it is nothing to base oneself upon until you guys come up with something better.

Praxis said:
Placings certainly factor. But who you beat is the primary determinant. A player's overall placing does help whittle it down, but if two players tie for fifth, and one of them got two byes and beat a pile of randoms and no ranked players, in WA, the player who beat no ranked players will not be considered for PR.

Generally, higher placing = higher on PR because you have to go through good players to place, with proper seeding xD
Contradiction? If one goes hand in hand with the other, assuming proper seeding, the people you beat is in fact not the primary determinant, but is only used in case of tie breakers, if I understand what you said correctly. And really, who here went to a random basement tournament and recorded their results in the PRT thread/AiB like it meant anything?

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
I agree 100% lol :p. It would be nice if more TO's would post their brackets up to see "who beat who" but as we all know most people would rather look at a quick "3nd out of 65" then to go into detail.

---

Also my tourney list is flawed yes. Treat it like wikipedia. Sure it's a nice quick list to check up on, but there are so many factors which derail it from being a reliable source (like people not telling their placings, misinformation, general lying etc..)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Also my tourney list is flawed yes. Treat it like wikipedia. Sure it's a nice quick list to check up on, but there are so many factors which derail it from being a reliable source (like people not telling their placings, misinformation, general lying etc..)
Isn't this the reason why you ask for the thread of the tournament and the results?

Also who is BS'ing tournaments with one held in thier basement. if it is sky then I swear, the talk is over and I don't wanna hear another word about him on the ranks or even surpassing me. plain stupid.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Isn't this the reason why you ask for the thread of the tournament and the results?
Exactly the reason. However if you take a quick gander through most of the thread.. there are those who don't.

Yes, there's always the possibility the TO never created a tourney thread (or any net info) and is also the sole reason why I go ahead and patch in most results regardless.

Come March 9th though I'm reinforcing the thread rule set and I will be STRICT.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
What. Get out of here with this. First off, don't make exuses for sky talking about these are old results for him. cause I am using all tournament results. so dont give me that one.
But you're not. The list you posted doesn't show his last twelve tournaments.

Why do you have to take everything with such hostility? :(

I'm not buying anything you say ether cause you are the one who made that PR list.
I POSTED THE PR LIST. I was only one member of the committee, and it wasn't even my idea, it was JuniorMints. You're seriously using the list to dismiss everything I say?

You are gonna go and say that he is better than me or w/e cause of that 5th out of 76 crap?
Dark, shut up, take a chill pill, and read my posts before replying to them with such a hostile and frankly offensive tone. Because I clearly stated, "Not saying he's better or anything. Just don't undervalue him." Then you turn around and say I'm calling Sky better?

Don't be dense. I'm sorry to put this so harshly, but I didn't do ANYTHING for you to turn around and accuse me of giving you crap, being biased towards Sky, and tell me to get out.

Add up all his tournament ratio with mine, I do better than him and everyone else. don't sit here and give me this crap all cause you 2 are w/e or w/e pride you 2 have.
The only thing I did was point out that you had flawed data, and now you're implying that I'm biased towards Sky, and referencing the FLAWED DATA I JUST POINTED OUT to prove yourself right?

What crap did I give you? Pointing out that your data was missing his last twelve tournaments?

You can't write this stuff, folks.

And again, no, who you beat is not all that matters in tournaments. it is how you place in tournaments that matter, seriously wtf?
For the sake of rankings, numerical placing is of lesser importance. Otherwise, Excel_Zero is the best Peach because he consistently gets first in a region nobody knows anything about, and none of this discussion matters. >_>

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This discussion, never mattered in the first place. Not what this thread is for. sky is not better. And and a WHOLE of other people know that. so take all this crap out of here. I get tired of this crap. So ****ing annoying. as each day passes I start to hate smashboards and allisbrawl even more.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Contradiction? If one goes hand in hand with the other, assuming proper seeding, the people you beat is in fact not the primary determinant, but is only used in case of tie breakers, if I understand what you said correctly. And really, who here went to a random basement tournament and recorded their results in the PRT thread/AiB like it meant anything?
Not a contradiction. I said that USUALLY they will be the same. If they are not the same, who you beat is much more important than the numerical placement. But usually beating good people results in a high placement, as with good seeding, you won't get Mew2King round one, beat him, and then lose to Azen.

Sometimes they diverge, usually when there's bad seeding, and who you beat matters much more.

If numerical rankings matter, then I'm the best Peach. 2nd of 250 at PAX FTW! Despite probably 200 randoms xD

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Yeah, let's just drop it.
Hopefully Dark we can meet up at some point ^_^ Peach ditto MM at Genesis? :)

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
This discussion, never mattered in the first place. Not what this thread is for. sky is not better. And and a WHOLE of other people know that. so take all this crap out of here. I get tired of this crap. So ****ing annoying. as each day passes I start to hate smashboards and allisbrawl even more.
Cheer up :D! Look on the bright side; most peeps still respect your ability as a peach player and you have plenty of fans :p. I for one wish you good luck on your campaign and hope many more brawlers may come to realize that peach is a hidden power house.

-Rowan out

Iwan

Smash Ace
I'll just throw in that Sky plays in a tougher region with better players ^_^d

*fuels fire*

:D

kthnxbye

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Cheer up :D! Look on the bright side; most peeps still respect your ability as a peach player and you have plenty of fans :p. I for one wish you good luck on your campaign and hope many more brawlers may come to realize that peach is a hidden power house.

-Rowan out
Yea, that the only reason I decided to do this. I'm doing this for a these peach players and to state peachs name. In a way it is something i wanna give to the Peach community despite the aholes in them.

I'll just throw in that Sky plays in a tougher region with better players ^_^d

*fuels fire*

:D

kthnxbye
Yea ok......

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
As people been saying, Peach dittos don't mean anything. So since lots want to say and put it that way. If I was to beat him in a ditto, it won't mean anything. And for the way he is acting, I really don't care about him in terms of this.
I wasn't suggesting a ditto. I'm just saying that there's really not enough basis imo for anyone to flat out say whose better and who isn't. Don't misunderstand DP. ;D

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Omfg, are you guys seriously fighting who's better? Who cares anyway? x_x You guys are a team, supposed to get Peach to SSS Tier (lawl), instead of fighting like princesses. You guys even got the attitude of the princess. Get over it x,x

But that's just the opinion of a Smash N00b XD

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Dark, it's really irritating when I see you just simply disregard everything that you disagree with when you feel backed into a corner. I just...don't understand you, really.

Please, come to Genesis. I'll be waiting for you. Hehehehe. :chuckle:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Smash n00b or not, I hardly think you're alone in thinking that

Seriously guys, stop. We don't need this

Now, where were we *grabs the rail switch*
When are you planning on flying about the place Dark? Got any times/dates planned?
If anything I'll start in april-may. just have to get things settled. cause this will be coasting alot. But it won't cost that much is I can book plan tickets early. From that list, first state I would hit is Arizona.

Dark, it's really irritating when I see you just simply disregard everything that you disagree with when you feel backed into a corner. I just...don't understand you, really.

Please, come to Genesis. I'll be waiting for you. Hehehehe. :chuckle:
I'm not gonna deal with people I don't like in person. I made that mistake with Niko and turns out he was a liar with the sig and avatar. I'm not making this mistake again. So just stay out of my way and don't talk to me. Nor post to me.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I don't know all the details but I've heard from multiple people in CA that he had quit.

That makes me the 2nd best peach main :O

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
What if I don't give you a choice? Oh whatever, you're too fun. :laugh:

@ Wtf at Edrees not playing anymore, I wonder why.

Sky`

Smash Lord
This board didn't know that Edrees took a break?
I talked to him on the phone about it, he's pretty much picked up the new game, "Life".

So he's getting a job, and he's trying to get a girlfriend and stuff.
he's only gonna go to Regionals and stuff. That's why he dropped off the socal PR, due to lack of attendance.

aaand Oh jesus.

does anybody think that genesis is going to be hilarious?

We can't MM each other, and expect that to like, tell us who's better.
Ditto's don't mean anything.
The placings don't matter too much at Genesis, because I'm not going all peach, because I feel like placing high, so if I place higher than say, Drk.Pch, how valid would it be? I didn't go allllll peeeeeech. Ahahaha.

We should all MM M2k, and let him be the judge, =DD

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
What if I don't give you a choice? Oh whatever, you're too fun. :laugh:
What you gonna but a gun to my head? trust me, I won't speak to you or play you. You really become more like your father each and everyday I see your annoying azz.

I talked to him on the phone about it, he's pretty much picked up the new game, "Life".

he's only gonna go to Regionals and stuff. That's why he dropped off the socal PR, due to lack of attendance.

aaand Oh jesus.

The placings don't matter too much at Genesis, because I'm not going all peach, because I feel like placing high, so if I place higher than say, Drk.Pch, how valid would it be? I didn't go allllll peeeeeech. Ahahaha.

Can you and the rest hope off?

If you don't give him the choice he'll tell everyone you're 1-1 in sets.
I can't tell who is more annoying, you or your son.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
If you don't give him the choice he'll tell everyone you're 1-1 in sets.
I'm guessing you've already experienced this? XD

aaand Oh jesus.

That's too bad about Edrees, but best of luck to him with whatever he does. He's a really cool guy.

@ That M2K idea is the best proposal I've heard. :laugh:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Wierd pool rules? I hope not. I have to deal with these idiots already. I don't also want the tournament to be screwed as well.

Sky`

Smash Lord
Ahahha. We'll ask him what our peach PR is. XDD.

And Drk. Pch, don't flatter yourself there, I was just using you as an example, because you and I were the initial part of the Debate in the thread. It logically makes sense. :D

But ooooo if m2K CP's japes, I'ma be mad. XD

tiem 4 skool.

Sky`

Smash Lord
Wierd pool rules? I hope not. I have to deal with these idiots already. I don't also want the tournament to be screwed as well.
See, and you wonder why the majority of the Brawl Community doesn't like you. Dude, you put it on yourself, insulting everybody and thinking you're above everybody. I guess you can't help it cause you're bi-polar or something, and that mental disorder I guess excuses it, but really, just Don't act dumbfounded when you wonder why you've got so many people with a negative predisposition of you.

Top Bottom