• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Peach and other random Discussion (Social Thread)

Cia

das kwl
the most legit john i've ever heard was 'i died because you unplugged my controller.' and the entire room still screamed "JOHNS!!" lol.. smash community..

@DJ - whether or not he was rusty, he still played well and the matches were madd fun.

actually, i'm going to upload them all.

:colorful:

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Mike G is XIF still the buisness? I saw him get semi-trashed by chops the other day and :('d. I actually emulated my peach after his.

Xif is still the same beast as you remembered but he's been busy with other things as of late. I'd comment more but I'll let him do that once he's unbanned lol

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
the most legit john i've ever heard was 'i died because you unplugged my controller.' and the entire room still screamed "JOHNS!!" lol.. smash community..

@DJ - whether or not he was rusty, he still played well and the matches were madd fun.

actually, i'm going to upload them all.

:colorful:
Can't wait :3

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero

most legit john i ever heard was "well i mean, no johns but i did come directly from my mothers funeral to this tournament, and the dreamland song always makes me think about her."

the guy was still wearing the suit and everything, eyes red from crying.

Whole room was yelling "JOHNS!" and "I ****ED YOUR DEAD MOTHER!"

Smash community.

D

Deleted member

Yeah seriously. The commitment is admirable, but yeah, that's pretty surprising. Maybe he needed to get his mind off of it?

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=279708

Sooner than expected too, actually. I originally planned to go back this fall but I was given the option by my admissions counselor to start as early as next week. A few years back, I was attending an IT college for an associates degree in computer programming but after about 2 years, I dropped out mostly due to financial johns and then gradually becoming uninterested in the field altogether. Some time after that, I landed a job at Whole foods as a Dairy buyer and then worked in the kitchen on some days to help out the chefs prepare the dinner dishes or just learn cool culinary tips from them while stopping by delivering heavy cream lol. I've always had a passion for cooking since I was 17 but never thought about going to school for it until a year ago.

So, after traveling around the country with a delivery job and now currently working as a cook at a Kroger kitchen(where the famous Mikey's Meatball story was created), I am now officially a student at a culinary college, Le cordon Bleu in Atlanta and I'm going for an associates in Occupational Science- Culinary Arts.

http://www.chefs.edu/About-Us

My orientation is on Saturday and I'll receive my huge *** Knife set and uniforms. I'll take pics and post them up here too :)

/excitement :)

I'll keep this short and say:

I guess this means I won't be continuing to play competitive melee anymore. I want to focus on this 100%

But it's been awesome playing this game and meeting most of you at tournaments. I'll be gone for a few years or more pursuing an awesome career in culinary arts but I know I'll be back to Melee one day and when that day comes, I hope to see Peach so top tier in this game to the point where she is actually considered to be bannable at some local noob tourneys lol. So, Armada or whoever will be the best Peach in the next year, I want to see you do this and if not, then your "Grandchild" should become the next beast. lol

Well, I guess that's it for me here. Hope to see you guys when I get back :)

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Well that's a huge bummer :/

I'm happy that you're finally doing something that you truely enjoy though ^^

I'll catch you on msn D:

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Wow. That's really awesome that you're going for culinary :) good luck to you Mike! UPDATE YOUR FB! I'm looking forward to some recipes :3

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Best of luck, Mike G. I could always tell by watching your videos that you're a smart guy. Looks like you've got your priorities straight, man. Best of luck in your new endeavors.

Composeur

Smash Ace
That's amazing for you, Mr. G. I know you've been languishing for awhile and it's about time you advanced professionally. I have a friend who went to CB and it changed her life.

Just learn to make a mean peach flambe...cuz god knows the side+B will never be worth ****. <3

Top Bottom