• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pat's House! (San Diego, CA) 11/14-15/09 GO TO RESULT THREAD INSTEAD PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun.

Smash Lord
do you work for or have friends that work for monster? is the extent of this "sponsorship" just free drinks for the tournament in exchange for promo pics?
my frat is sponsored by monster so i know people that can just make it happen pretty easily. Its either the event itself getting free stuff or if you're interested i can have like a crew or players sponsored with less free stuff for the event. But you better win..... lol

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Can someone help me and buy my plane ticket for this? I would've bought it myself a long time ago but a really stupid situation came up with the Department of Labor. So I'm dealing with them because they owe me alot of money, which I should've gotten a long time ago. I promised HugS I would make it to this since we're teaming. So once again, can someone please help me? I'll pay back as soon as I can get the problem resolved. Hopefully it doesn't take long =/ If no one can help me, its cool.
Honestly I'd do it if I didn't just buy blunted object's ticket XD

someone help this man out!

Jun.

Smash Lord
Jun is being such a b@da$$ right now! He's opening his house to people and getting this thing sponsored!
i'm just pissed about brawl coming and melee getting shafted by mlg. Not to mention this tourney has UCSD relations.

Charoo

Smash Champion
Well I'm going for sure now since I payed my ticket with Toph! =)
AWESOME! Now we have Mexico AND Canada players!!! We got the whole North America now pretty much yaya

Can someone help me and buy my plane ticket for this? I would've bought it myself a long time ago but a really stupid situation came up with the Department of Labor. So I'm dealing with them because they owe me alot of money, which I should've gotten a long time ago. I promised HugS I would make it to this since we're teaming. So once again, can someone please help me? I'll pay back as soon as I can get the problem resolved. Hopefully it doesn't take long =/ If no one can help me, its cool.
if you need help at all then please IM me or any other T.O. I'll be happy to help u out as long as I can

MANGOOOOO shrooooooomed ... HMW! ... and phillllllll ... we chillin ... omfg lovage too ^_^

man yo i miss u guys =]
I'm glad more EC players are coming! I promise you guys a good time!

my frat is sponsored by monster so i know people that can just make it happen pretty easily. Its either the event itself getting free stuff or if you're interested i can have like a crew or players sponsored with less free stuff for the event. But you better win..... lol
That sounds really awesome actually! I would say yes right away but I need to know the detail first. I don't want something weird to happen you know? AIM me at xuerarit so we can talk please =)

Honestly I'd do it if I didn't just buy blunted object's ticket XD

someone help this man out!
yay Toph made it after all!

AS FOR THE CREW BATTLE

The reason norcal vs socal never works is because by doing that, you are not allowing other players outside of CA to participate which is definitely unfair. Especially when they took the time and money to travel all the way here.

That's why Pat (Azn Lep) suggested a 8 v 8 top 16 crew battle. The people who places top 16 at the tournament would be split into two teams and duke it out. So any1 can be in it as long as u're good.

Socal vs the world? That sounds cool too as long as we get support from outer region which seems like we are. If an agreement can be made for that then I'll Be down with replacing the 8v8 crew for socal vs world crew. Although, the world part might need to be change a bit. CA might also be better than just SoCal if the world have enough people haha

Another thing, PLEASE SAN DIEGO!!!! WHERE IS THE LOVE???? Many players coming all over America to compete at this tournament! They need housing and I really hope you guys can house them! I have already ask couple people in SD to house smashers and you know who you are, and I thank you for that. I might not be able to let you guys enter for free but I guarantee you that I will compensate it with free stuff that I can provide. So please, HELP THEM OUT!!!

LASTLY...

PLEASE BRING SET UPS!!! THIS TOURNAMENT WILL FAIL IF THE COMMUNITY DON'T BRING SET UP!!! THE MORE THE MERRIER!!!

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
actually, is anyone driving from UCLA that could hook me up with a ride? I can pay gas $$

festizzio

Smash Champion
I think they're actually doing a $20 mm, but people are betting on it enough to bring the total value of the mm up to $100. At least that's what I read.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
I don't think I'll able to make it home for this. Sorry SD. =( Sorry Festizzio, good luck finding another teammate.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Gsub lets play friendlies and team friendlies and I can decide whether to team with you or not

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
A few key points:

Jun's a freakin baller.

UCSD folks you guys need to step up the housing.

WE CAN'T EMPHASIZE ENOUGH HOW MUCH WE NEED SETUPS!!!
I know there are going to be a bunch of you guys thinking "Oh I could probably bring my setup, but it might be kind of a hassle and they'll probably have enough already." WRONG! There's no such that as "enough" when it comes to set ups. I'll be providing a bunch of power strips to support all these TVs. Remember, no one has ever complained that a tournament had too many setups.

We're definitely doing SoCal vs World. It's going to be the top 8 SoCal placers vs the top 8 out of SoCal. Each team is allowed 2 alternates of their choice from their respective region.

I'll work on getting a projector for the finals at a meeting tonight. Keep you folks updated.

Zoap

Smash Master
if i bring the tv pocky lets go halfsies on the venue fee since one of us is going to get it for free.

Jun.

Smash Lord
so.... I'll bring a setup i guess

but it will be a hassle and you guys probably wouldn't need anymore

just kidding

news on Monster
My guy at corporate said ok so we are getting 4 to 5 cases of Monster for both days. All the smash community needs to do is just take as big and hyped pictures as possible and hopefully future events down at SD or in SoCal will continue to get free drinks/stuff. It'll be awesome if everyone in the venue was somewhat cooperative with this :bee:

news on Housing
Its kinda crazy and difficult to track exactly who I'm going to be housing. I think I will be able to house 20 people MAX as long as everyone brings sleeping bags and respects the house. The only ones I know for sure that I am housing is blunted and Joeplicate's guys and *maybe hmw, phil and other norcal players. If you need housing, please note that my house is a 10-15 minute drive from campus and whoever stays will need to find their own ride back on the next day. From now it'll be first come first serve to whoever either pm's me or leaves a message. Happy practicing :chuckle:

LuCKy

Smash Master
blue everything ***** !

but holy crap ima finally be 18 when i get to this . . . .18 year old joey is gonna tap LOL

Adam M!

Smash Lord
im bringing two (three if you include sherigami) setups

EVERYONE PLEASE BRING SETUPS

or i'll have no qualms about kicking you off my TV for mms assuming no tourny is going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom