• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pat's House! (San Diego, CA) 11/14-15/09 GO TO RESULT THREAD INSTEAD PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
delicious chocolate covered cracker sticks D said:
what's the point of the alternates?

i'll bring a wii + melee, but i don't think i can bring a TV
I think having 2 alternates is a really good idea just in case some fluke happens. Say... Mango going link dittos in the first round of WB and murdering the losers bracket. Or if a player just doesn't perform as well as we all know he can (SS at Genesis.) So i feel like the team captain (top placer of the region) should have the option of being able to choose 2 players who're just as good as the top 8, but might have missed the mark. It also opens up options for some counterpicking.

Charoo

Smash Champion
yeah it's Kongo jungle 64

again, thanks Jun for the monster! Since I don't want people to just like take 5 each or something, we'll be marking your wristband to notify that you already taken one. Don't worry, if there's leftover then you can get more. First come first serve still

If I can get a camera, we might just take a picture when you pick up a monster you know. That way, every1 have their picture taken

socal vs world get hype!

I think I'm going to buy 20 power strips just for this tournament and bringing 4 TVS myself. I don't have any system thought but I'm sure you guys got this

Pocky and zoap brought up a good point

How about this:

FULL SET UP = $5 Venue Fee off
TV = $2 Venue Fee off
System = $2 Venue Fee off

So yeah, if you can find some1 to combo with you save more. Sounds fair? Cool

if people still need housing, ask around and contact people please. I don't want you to be stranded with no housing =(

15% off at southwest right now so get them while they're hot if you still didn't buy tickets yet. Make sure this is the cheapest though before buying

http://luv.southwest.com/servlet/formlink/f?kOHpjQSRDW

oh yeah, I'm picking up the 64 man bracket paper 2morrow. It's gonna be sweet!

Adam M!

Smash Lord
lovage is just campaigning so hard cuz he thinks he has a shot

if the money totals are REASONABLE, pay out as many places as possible. as soon as it's just "get your entry fee back," don't do that one and just give more to the finisher right above. it's a WAY bigger accomplishment getting top3 or 4 at a big *** tournament, so if you want the money, earn it and do that

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
yeah larger payouts are whatsup
depending on the amount of people i say pay out top 5 or even top 7

**** i should start looking for a teamate for this

Kira-

Smash Champion
L did you want to MM here or at R3

there's a pretty good chance I'm going to R3 so if you want to wait it's all good

GSUB

Smash Lord
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

Someone PLEASE give me a ride/place to stay if you're staying too. I have a full set-up if you have room for it, I'll pay a gas fee and let you have the discount from my set-up too.
(repost)

Adam M!

Smash Lord
gsub i will give you a ride

pm me your address

and you have to promise you will not take a ride from anyone else and that deal is mine

yes i have room (im making room actually) / have housing

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord

pm me your address

and you have to promise you will not take a ride from anyone else and that deal is mine

am I still maybe getting a ride?

L__

Smash Master
L did you want to MM here or at R3

there's a pretty good chance I'm going to R3 so if you want to wait it's all good
L are you gonna money match me at this
I'd be willing to money match you both at Pat's House, but nowhere near the amount I wanted to previously...

My confidence isn't near where it was when I challenged you both so I don't want to money match at the price I asked earlier

$1-5 sound alright with both of you? And afterwards do you guys mind giving me pointers?

:(

SENG

Smash Journeyman

pm me your address

do you have more room?

I am down to go to this and drive or get a a ride. I saw that 949 ppl needed rides and can drive ppl but If i can jus get a ride from someone that would be better.

festizzio

Smash Champion
do you have more room?

I am down to go to this and drive or get a a ride. I saw that 949 ppl needed rides and can drive ppl but If i can jus get a ride from someone that would be better.
Better for you maybe... meanwhile 4+ people are out of a ride because you don't wanna drive. No johns.

festizzio

Smash Champion
who would he drive? there's no one in our area.
Do I really have to explain this to you?

From his post you could deduce that at least he thought there were 949 people that needed rides, and yet he would rather have someone drive him, which would, in his eyes, leave many people out of a ride.

So if you're saying that nobody from 949 needs a ride, then I'm not the one that's mistaken, it's him.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
do you have more room?

fuuu, we gotta hang again

got some **** to tells yah

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Mehbeh, not making any decisions until I get to the tournament

If you dont have a partner by then see me

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I'm not talking about 949, he lives like 30-40 minutes from there.

whatever festizzio.

SENG

Smash Journeyman
Aite i jus asked adam because it wouldve been easier to for me but Yea I am down to drive irvine ppl since i am going south ne ways. Umm i jus would need to figure out if they wanna go back saturday and what not.

Nate- i work pretty close to where ur at i think so we should kick it for sure

JDM

Smash Champion
If Irvine people can't give me a ride can I ride with you? I wanna come back saturday night.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
hey champ, i read through the first post and you didn't mention how much / if anything people get off for bringing a setup. i'd much rather have $ off than raffle tickets. so how much are we getting, if anything?

Adam M!

Smash Lord
am I still maybe getting a ride?
no because im a **** and i have no loyalty to whoever wants the last spot, so it's basically whoever gives me the best deal as a driver (either i like you a lot or you pays monies) and gsub is basically giving me $10 extra dollars (assuming a setup is worth $10 off)

I'd be willing to money match you both at Pat's House, but nowhere near the amount I wanted to previously...

My confidence isn't near where it was when I challenged you both so I don't want to money match at the price I asked earlier

$1-5 sound alright with both of you? And afterwards do you guys mind giving me pointers?

:(
tsk tsk. you should be a man of your word and pay da cost to be da boss

but yeah whatever, BEGRUDGINGLY i accept

festizzio

Smash Champion
hey champ, i read through the first post and you didn't mention how much / if anything people get off for bringing a setup. i'd much rather have $ off than raffle tickets. so how much are we getting, if anything?
He said you can choose to either get the $5 venue fee waived, or get 10 free raffle tickets ($10 value).

L__

Smash Master
no because im a **** and i have no loyalty to whoever wants the last spot, so it's basically whoever gives me the best deal as a driver (either i like you a lot or you pays monies) and gsub is basically giving me $10 extra dollars (assuming a setup is worth $10 off)

tsk tsk. you should be a man of your word and pay da cost to be da boss

but yeah whatever, BEGRUDGINGLY i accept
why thank you :)

Eddy 007

Smash Apprentice
I'm really excited for this tournament, hope to see everyone again ! :D
Also, does anyone please can provide housing? We are 2 or 3 people going from Tijuana. Thanks.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom