• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pat's House! (San Diego, CA) 11/14-15/09 GO TO RESULT THREAD INSTEAD PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charoo

Smash Champion
hey champ, i read through the first post and you didn't mention how much / if anything people get off for bringing a setup. i'd much rather have $ off than raffle tickets. so how much are we getting, if anything?
i must have accidentally deleted it when i redid the first post

but yeah, venue fee off so 5 bucks.

I think neal slot the raffle tickets so we might not have them unless I go buy them again. We'll still give out raffle prizes though since I already got those.

if there's any more correction then please tell me.

edit: maybe i should do a raffle where the winner is the name of the next tournament we host ... maybe

Shroomed

Smash Master
I'm really excited for this tournament, hope to see everyone again ! :D
Also, does anyone please can provide housing? We are 2 or 3 people going from Tijuana. Thanks.:)
IS THAT? IS THAT EDDY MEXICO?

i hope it's you, bring that beast luigi of yours with u

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Can I have confirmation that the ruleset is exactly what is in the OP right now? A few people I talked to today think that the only thing being adopted from the Pound 4 ruleset is the stage list and that the wobbling compromise is still in effect.

Zoap

Smash Master
I agree is it just the stages from pound 4 or the whole ruleset(stage striking, 3/5 semis and wobbling)?

DJMirror

Smash Master
is it stage striking first or picking characters first? i got so confused today

Adam M!

Smash Lord
i don't have a teammate either, but

i don't expect to do doubles anyway since tofu bailed on me last second and all the good partners are taken

so i'd rather save my money

but if someone good wants to team let's do it

festizzio

Smash Champion
dang if only i got money to come to this... Q_Q
What the hell jopez.

I put your ******* controller in the backseat of my car so I'd have it the next time I saw you. It's been there for 5 months.

Also somebody please team with me! I really want to enter doubles!

Charoo

Smash Champion
I'm really excited for this tournament, hope to see everyone again ! :D
Also, does anyone please can provide housing? We are 2 or 3 people going from Tijuana. Thanks.:)
If you guys still finding housing then contact me ok?

Could anyone possibly house me and gishnak for this event?
contact me on aim or pm me

i can't make it to this ... sry =[[[[[[
aww =( Is there anyway I can help out?

Can I have confirmation that the ruleset is exactly what is in the OP right now? A few people I talked to today think that the only thing being adopted from the Pound 4 ruleset is the stage list and that the wobbling compromise is still in effect.
We are using what is stated on the first page. We are using pound 4 stage. Wobbling is allowed always now instead of compromise. Also, stage strike and then ban after the first match.

I agree is it just the stages from pound 4 or the whole ruleset(stage striking, 3/5 semis and wobbling)?
it's jsut the pound 4 stage list. If we do have time then we'll do 3/5 semis but probably wont.

i was wondering

will the internet be decent in the building we're in??

i wanna live stream, but if we can't it's all good.
The internet is pretty good. It's the school internet so u can estimate from there I guess. It's also saturday so not many people are there thus the connection is faster too.

You always pick char. first before doing anything in a set. After that, you stage strike or pick a stage.

Lastly, Imma make a big post about the bonfire later on tonight. Just now that drinks and food will be provided for every1 that is attending for free woot.

edit: if u're socal, not having a ride is not an excuse:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254737

Charoo

Smash Champion
what the **** was the 'wobbling compromise' anyway
Wobbling is allow in your set if all players agree to it. If one person doesn't agreed then wobbling is banned.

That way, every1 can't make excuses. Then, people were saying things about being indecisive so we decided to not banned it. It's not like this tournament is hosted by ice climbers players such as Neal and Azn_Lep n_n

pockyD

Smash Legend
ok I do actually seem to recall the argument but I don't remember seeing an answer to why "either player can ban wobbling" is any different from "wobbling is banned"

it's a nonpromise

Adam M!

Smash Lord
wow wobbling is allowed?

*** that, i'm def not entering singles now

edit: decided i won't go after all

Adam M!

Smash Lord
nah it works for a lot of reasons

plus all the money i save will be used to travel across socal to play good people 1v1 to get better

way better than blowing money at a tourny and driving 3 hours

GSUB

Smash Lord
Wow... I'm out a ride.
Shoulda known what I was getting myself into with someone who would kick someone out the car for someone else with a few extra bucks.
I promised the deal to only you, but I guess that doesn't promise me a ride.

So if P really isn't going, I need a ride and housing again.
Seng? Anyone? Charoo? Halp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom