• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

out of curiosity, what makes you guys stick with MK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legic

Smash Cadet
I just like playing mk, because he's my favourite character and I really wanted to play him in some game.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
I would agree, but as I said, I kind of got burned out on him anyway. The *****ing was kind of a secondary concern (plus the people I play with now aren't about to ***** about MK **** regardless.).
Hmm...That I can't complain about. You should use characters who you are good with. Still, you shouldn't really care about what people tell you unless if it is about something necessary/important. People complaining about you using MK isn't something you should worry about. That's their problem, not yours. That's good if you play with people now who aren't complete ***** about Meta-Knight winning matches. There should be more people like that IMO as those who still complain about MK winning need to shut it and grow a brain as nobody else really cares about it anymore.

Same thing happened with me. MK was my first main too and I was absolutely pysched that he was going to appear in Brawl because he is my favourite character from the Kirby series. When I did pick MK up, I was good with him. However after I tried everyone out, I found out that I was much better at using Ike than I was at using MK. I was also good with some other characters too. I still use MK regardless however because of the fact that I am good with him along with those other characters. Although, I think that I can kick people's ***** better when I use Ike. ;)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Okay, why did viewers start to post Yu-Gi-Oh cards? What the ****? That spell card is the stupidest analogy for Meta Knight I have ever seen in my gaming life! -_-
It's MtG. l2p n00b lol

btw, can anyone else not see the Chain of Vapor I posted in response to Darksteel Colossus or is it just me?

I LAG

Smash Lord
he has like the funnest playstyle and its a game if people hate u for using a certain character they r stupid

Kitamerby

Smash Hero

Yanno, here is where I'd normally put the picture of my favorite card, which I believe was dubbed "Giant Worm" or something.

"When the gorilla playfully wrapped is arms around the worm's neck, the worm playfully bit off the gorilla's head."

But I can't freaking find it. A little help here? ;-;

But yeah, Meta Knight is a fan favorite, and most people have been waiting for his Smash Bros release since the original. Not everyone mains him because he's top tier, although it's become a common reason, and usually supplements any other reason they main him nowadays. :D

Gates

Banned via Warnings

Yanno, here is where I'd normally put the picture of my favorite card, which I believe was dubbed "Giant Worm" or something.

"When the gorilla playfully wrapped is arms around the worm's neck, the worm playfully bit off the gorilla's head."

But I can't freaking find it. A little help here? ;-;

You're welcome lol.

Veril

Frame Savant
Meh... I'd say Kirby and especially Jiggs are both easier to play/learn, though yeah, he's not a particularly complex character.
That USED to be true... like up until December when Jigglypuff's metagame really started developing. Rest interrupts are very technical and difficult to master since you need to know the hitboxes and frame-rates of just about everything to use rest well.

Anyway. MK is awesome. I main Jiggs but MK is so much fun to play as (thus... my secondary). Conveniently he also happens to be a death machine.

MK basically allows you to main a low tier if you have him as a secondary, since he can generally handle any crap matchups you might have. I mean people will say, "Well why don't you just main MK cause he's so broken lolol?". I ignore these people.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
That USED to be true... like up until December when Jigglypuff's metagame really started developing. Rest interrupts are very technical and difficult to master since you need to know the hitboxes and frame-rates of just about everything to use rest well.
Oops, my bad then. I stopped checking the Jiggz boards after a while since nothing new was appearing. Guess I missed out. I'll have to go check that out. Thanks!

SanitysEclips3

Smash Rookie
I love his playstyle, it's a lot of fun. He's also one of my all-time favorite Nintendo characters, Smash. Bros. aside. Day one I knew I had to play as him :p

RazeveX

Smash Ace
sigh...If only I could tell all of those who diss Metaknight mains...
If my sig wasnt so **** awesome (and made WAY before the game was released), then I'd probably put this quote in my sig:

Here's me talking about who my brawl main would be before brawl was released. Not your average *tierwhoring* Metaknight main.

Future: Metaknight FTW (even if they made a new tier called "piss-weak tier" and put him in there, i'd still main him.)
dated 07-15-07. (When I say future, I'm referring to who I would main in the future.)
Ironic that they actually did make a new tier to put Metaknight in, eh? Just not how I expected...lol.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
I really wish i could show the whole world this, as it does bother me when I'm accused of being another noob metaknight main, who only uses him as the last resort to win.
In my old smashboards account (back when brawl was just announced...2006? Or was it 2005?), I made a whole wall of text thread explaining how Metaknight was literally my dream character. It was regarded as heartwarming :)

So to conclude...Metaknight would be awesome without anything noobs complain about.

(Note: I DOUBLE POSTED ON PURPOSE. Something is wrong with something, which doesnt let me post long posts.)

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I'm with RazeveX!!! I realize now, more and more, Meta Knight is like my favorite character ever (all the Kirby chars really, but especially him). I'd use him if he was the worst in the game. I know he's good, and I know people will complain, but at least the hate isn't as bad as it was about a month or two ago. People are beginning to calm down and realize he isn't broken, just good. Weaknesses are emerging, counters stepping forth, other players like Snake and Falco catching up. And thus, I shall use Meta Knight with pride! Hopefully the hate stops completely eventually (not likely, but I can dream!)

Gates

Banned via Warnings

Come on guys, keep it going! This is the most useful thread in the MK forums right now.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
lol at Gates and people.

To contribute to this thread

I stick with him because its like this no matter who I go to tournies as no matter who I play best my favorite character will always be Toon Link.

But I play him because no matter who my opponet is I want to have a challenge to over come.
I love being aggressive.
I'm not 100% no good MK can be and win every match.
So I dont main MK I will just use him at tournies.
I also love not having bad match ups.
extremely low lagg is nice too.
:D

tl;dr cause I can and its free

The flaming and hatered?
Well no one really sees me as a MK so they dont hate me.
The flaming is pointless just cause our characters are different mines considered better means nothing I'm only human like everyone else.

awful

Smash Cadet
isnt challenge fun?

i could never main mk

wheres the fun in the game if its too easy and you know you have extremely high chances of winning all the time?

idk maybe all anyone plays mk is for money

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ok, enough pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom