• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

out of curiosity, what makes you guys stick with MK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyr

Smash Rookie
Ill start off by saying this is not intended as a flame post, i am truly curious, what makes you guys stick with MK? with all the pressure to not use him for obvious reasons, and the general hate of the community against you, how do you handle that?

Again, this is not intended as a flame, merely a quest for knowledge, if you will. Have some fun with it eh? =D

Master Raven

Smash Master
He's fun and it also really helps for me personally that he lacks any real bad matchups (I know Snake may very well be the only one that's arguably in his favor but even then it'd be like 55/45 Snake if anything, which isn't bad really). So yeah, the combination of his fun factor + him giving me the best chances of winning out of any character. :p

Nic64

Smash Lord
I'm kind of bored with MK right now so I can't say I stick with him that much, I jump characters frequently, but the pressure from people to not pick him just makes me want to do it more, I recently got some negative comments for switching to MK two games after I ***** him even harder with snake and that kind of crap just makes me want to play him out of spite.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
quickplay magic cards do have decently high priority.
god i haven't done the whole yugi*** thing in like 3 years @_@

DFEAR

Smash Hero
but what if a solemn judgement ****s a mst O-o whats brawls solemn judgement?

Aiko

Smash Champion
i've only just picked him up within the last few months but i stick with him because hes fun, has lots of options and speed.

i don't really care if people think its cheap or whatever

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I can't see why you wouldn't want to pick MK, he solves all your problems.

Are people complaining about how you pick MK, what can they do except get ripped to shreds and get their ***es beat into the ground?!?!?!?!

Muahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
His down taunt explains what his favorite juice is. That makes him Bearable. Btw Prime Material Dragon On solems jugdement xD

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I like kirby's games, I like swords, I like that he can glide, I like his moves, and I like speed. Instant main material. Even if he wasn't top tier I'd still play him. I mained Melee Link in SSBM, for proof that I'm one of the few MK mains that's not playing him because he is top tier.

Staynless

Smash Rookie
I play to win and meta knight helps me to accomplish that. Haters are those who aren't winning but whinning.

Steel_Samurai

Smash Journeyman
I don't main MK, but I agree that he is fun to be
I kinda feel bad for the MKs that mained him since release/use him because hes fun
I think MK mains get too much flame

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I'm a huge kirby fan that also happens to enjoy winning.

And I guess because he's fast and stuff

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
He's fun to use, is good, and is cool. I didn't really get into competitive Brawl until I started maining Meta Knight.

If people ***** about it, then I make it a point to beat them even harder.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
I stick with him because I like winning.

Is that simple.

Oh, and I loved using him on metaknightmare ultra. So much that I decided to use him in brawl despite the previous grudge I had for him for being 'broken' and stuff.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I personally think it helps me because im trying to get better with flying characters and after that I thought I'd just main him. I don't care if people hate me. I supress it * Family guy I'm a tumor, Im a tumor song.

J-Money

Smash Apprentice
i use him because even though he has poor recovery and is easily gimped and has no priority in any of his attacks, he is fun to play as and against. Also I don't care about winning.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
MK is a fun character, hence why he was my first main. I'll admit the mixture of community hate and the fact that I just kind of got burned out on him from playing him almost exclusively got to me though, and now I rarely ever use him...

He's also one of the most fun to play against IMO (Partially because the less good MK players will fall for every trick in the book because as a scrub MK, you have to think you are invinsible because you are MK. For good MKs, it becomes an intense match, which I find a lot of fun.).

Atria

Smash Journeyman
I like MK because he's my favorite character from the Kirby series! :) Those Meta-Knightmare games were awesome... :) Another awesome fact about him is that he uses a sword and IMO, I think swords are cool. Personally, I want to learn how to wield one myself. ;) Also, he can fly! How cool is that? MK has got everything going for him that I'd possibly want in life! MK FTW! Now only if he were left handed, that would have made MK the BEST videogame character in my book! He's still up there along with a few others though.

MK is a fun character, hence why he was my first main. I'll admit the mixture of community hate and the fact that I just kind of got burned out on him from playing him almost exclusively got to me though, and now I rarely ever use him...
Hell yeah MK IS an awesome character! Also, screw them! Who cares what other people say about you using MK! I don't give a **** about what people tell me! Use whoever you like! People have NO right to change who you want to use or what you think! It's their problem that they can't beat you. They are just a bunch of whiners who WANT you to go easy on them by getting you to choose someone else. Show them NO remorse when you use Meta-Knight against them! They'll think twice about telling you to use another character next time! ;)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hell yeah MK IS an awesome character! Also, screw them! Who cares what other people say about you using MK! I don't give a **** about what people tell me! Use whoever you like! People have NO right to change who you want to use or what you think! It's their problem that they can't beat you. They are just a bunch of whiners who WANT you to go easy on them by getting you to choose someone else. Show them NO remorse when you use Meta-Knight against them! They'll think twice about telling you to use another character next time! ;)
I would agree, but as I said, I kind of got burned out on him anyway. The *****ing was kind of a secondary concern (plus the people I play with now aren't about to ***** about MK **** regardless.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom