• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Our Fsmash should be more broken... A Marth Social thread

Niko45

Smash Master
Not a day goes by that I don't wish Megaman had been in Melee. Would have been an easy Samus clone, and yet so awesome.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
OMG SO HARD!!!!!! SO MANY VIDEOS!

Can i have 5 votes? Will you overlook 3 votes if one is for your video? ;)

OverLord

Smash Ace
I'll ask here too cuz in Rom3 thread it seems no one answered. Is anyone going to meet at Penn station in NYC saturday morning? I don't feel comfortable traveling alone

shortyj

Smash Cadet
Sup guys I'm new to the whole melée scene. I main marth and hope I'm as decent as I think i am. Playing Sheridan who's supposed to 15th in all of Socal he's got a mean sheik and unfortunately that's my hardest match up. Any tips ? For that match up or in general?

Niko45

Smash Master
So I was playing as Roy for like 20 minutes the other day, then I went back to Marth. It was like taking those 5000 pound weights off.

Van.

Smash Ace
So I was playing as Roy for like 20 minutes the other day, then I went back to Marth. It was like taking those 5000 pound weights off.
OMG I TOTALLY agree. I feel exactly the same way. If i don't play smash for a few days i use roy for my first match back to get warmed up. Its like baseball players who put weights on their bats in the on deck circle and then take them off right before they bat.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
I was playing him 2 days ago too...and **** I forgot how bad he is. :urg:

My Roy ***** though. I think every Marth main can play him pretty competently actually haha.

Niko45

Smash Master
lol yea I think I might actually continue to play Roy a bit he's pretty fun. Hard countered by Zelda, though (seriously)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Lol he's not THAT bad. In fact I'd say he's almost legit against spacies
Spacies that are playing the game by inputting the buttons with their face maybe.

I actually remember one time catching the thunders combo on Vanz's roy. He had the look of pure despair cuz roy can't afford to give out free hits LOL

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
The Ice Climbers disagree.

I would also count sheik if you look at all the characters and not just base it off the metagame.

Nothing is more awesome than fully charging an upsmash on a Roy.

I swear I almost like 9 times caught a thunders on jigglypuff. If I do that and get it recorded I'm making a 15 minute video of it being looped.

Niko45

Smash Master
Marth has far from the "most lethal" grab combos considering that he doesn't actually have any true grab combos on over half the light floaty *** cast.

I swear Roy is like the perfect combo weight. He's like a fast faller but bigger so you can hit him easier but he's like slightly more floaty than the true FFers so you can start doing ******** **** to him even earlier. It's like every combo every character in the game has works on Roy lol.

I like fire though.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
if roy doesn't di the jab in thunders

all you need to do to beat him with fox is

late nair/dair when you call a d-tilt --> thunders --> uair on him

if he grounds himself u-tilt immediately and then do nairs to setup an edgeguard

if he doesn't ground himself either u-tilt --> nairs and push him into an edgeguard or just do nairs directly

when he gets near the edge shine him, grab the edge and then just time things properly, if he lands onstage with up+b you can just bair him off again or ledgehop u-smash at ko percent

you can also u-throw combo him really hard

roy ****ing sucks just ban fd and unless he gets fod he can't beat space animals

ss118

Smash Master
You aren't dash dancing enough. =P

But yeah, I'm here to rep marth. He's underrated atm and I won't stand for it.

/bigtalkeventhoughidontgotoenoughtourneyslolzisuck

Top Bottom