• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Our Fsmash should be more broken... A Marth Social thread

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
So, I'm pretty sure Arcnatural tried this last time with a little success so I'll give it another whirl.

Because I have this here, I expect you guys to not be offtopic in other threads like the Q&A thread, match up thread etc.

So, use this to socialize with other marth players and relax and just... be goofy if you want.

Also:

watch the whole 30 seconds of this lol

lol fsmash is funny

So about Marth's fsmash....

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Marth's F-smash isn't broken because you can WD OOS and punish it unless it's spaced perfectly. And it is difficult to space it perfectly in this increasingly speedier game.

And as a combo finisher Knee is better because it's an aerial. Marth can't really like F-smash, see the survival DI, L-cancel his F-smash, jump offstage and F-smash again like a lot of characters with combo finishers.

tl;dr Marth should be able to L-cancel F-smash to cut half the lag and do it in the air and it should have a bigger tipper hitbox.

mers

Smash Ace
That video is nuts.

But I agree, fsmash isn't actually that broken. Marth kills by edgeguarding a lot, and fsmash is only a consistently good edgeguard against like Falcon and Ganondorf.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Really? I think Fsmash is really good. Maybe not completely broken but dam its good xD

And theres any number of things to do against falcon/ganon, I've started to use run off DJ dair to edgeguard them now :laugh:

mers

Smash Ace
I mean, its still an amazing move. But not broken. I'm not sure any moves are truly broken. I could see some arguments for Jiggs' bair, but I don't think so.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
So basically, our fsmash needs to be more broken.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VKXZXCVEB4w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VKXZXCVEB4w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

lol here's an old video of my marth xD

I think our Dair should be more broken too

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
ha marth is broken. i was wondering how you guys record video? do you use a capture card or one of those Game bridge things?

Niko45

Smash Master
lol totally not surprised by the first video. :D

Marth's F-smash isn't broken because you can WD OOS and punish it unless it's spaced perfectly. And it is difficult to space it perfectly in this increasingly speedier game.

And as a combo finisher Knee is better because it's an aerial. Marth can't really like F-smash, see the survival DI, L-cancel his F-smash, jump offstage and F-smash again like a lot of characters with combo finishers.

tl;dr Marth should be able to L-cancel F-smash to cut half the lag and do it in the air and it should have a bigger tipper hitbox.
Dam, that pretty much covers it.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Niko - I'm completely blaming you for giving me a hard time when I was playing otg with my marth.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

ha marth is broken. i was wondering how you guys record video? do you use a capture card or one of those Game bridge things?

I personally use Dazzle (Capture card)/Pinnacle (Software) (Which failed on me hard recently :mad:) but yea gamebridge works just as good if not better.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
xD yea you're better than most players in it.

Though I think my style is weird enough for me to still pull out wins against people who like fighting marth =3

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Clearly cuz they aren't broken enough.

Btw I think sheiks usually complain about jigglypuff and spacies being overpowered. Not about how bad she is.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
woah. there is NOTHING weird about my avatar.

is falcon not ever allowed to have fun? does he always have to be ****ing **** up? NO

he runs in fields of flowers for fun just like the rest of us.

Niko45

Smash Master
Niko - I'm completely blaming you for giving me a hard time when I was playing otg with my marth.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
Haha, sorry :) All credit goes to OTG tho. That guy's prriiiii goood.

Also Tec0 vs Magus brings me back. I remember in like 08-09 when there were ABSOLUTELY NO MARTH VIDEOS EVER ANYWHERE I used to enjoy watching those.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
But why him? He's a freaking troll man A FREAKING TROLL

and all he does is study lolasian

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
lol Joe, silly question is silly.

Travis, you should post vids of your "Totally could have been awesome if I didn't pick white costume" Marth.

Wait wait, did Jungle just call me a troll?

I'm the absolute worst troll you'll ever ****en find on this board. Your opinions are invalid Jungle.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
only reason the fsmash in the OP worked is cuz Falcon does a front flip during his up+B and his feet like, reach up.

in other words, it's Falcon's fault that the fsmash connected. he would've gotten hit by pretty much any other grounded edgeguarding move.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
My response to that is Marth is still a silly dirtbag.

This video for example, after the 2 min mark.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SRKdmwWk4KE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SRKdmwWk4KE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I love this video LOL

Van.

Smash Ace
Does anyone else think Nairing Ganon is the most satisfying single move to do in the game? You can just feel that sword slicing into his flesh...

Top Bottom