• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
A "certain yellow mouse"? You lost me. Too vague. xD

I like slow characters. these fights we're going to have will be interesting. :bee:

I have enough Marth's to deal with as it is, lol. Oh, and MK is banned in some places, so I wouldn't depend on him. :woman:
Verrry VERY few places is he banned. the largest MK banned tournament is/was held in Housten, TX. I believe it was held by Xyro.

This is all from memory so I could be wrong :urg: but my point is that there aren't MANY tourni's that are MK banned :p

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Verrry VERY few places is he banned. the largest MK banned tournament is/was held in Housten, TX. I believe it was held by Xyro.

This is all from memory so I could be wrong :urg: but my point is that there aren't MANY tourni's that are MK banned :p
You are correct. I held the largest MK banned event to date. 100 players at HOBO 17.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lololololol Namesearched. Thought so though :p still doesn't mean it's terribly widespread
though. The rarity that MK banned tournaments take place is quiet a bit.

Venhammer

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5215-0896-2881
Uh, quick question. My post count doesn't seem to be going up. Do I have to do something before it does?

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Uh, quick question. My post count doesn't seem to be going up. Do I have to do something before it does?
I'll try to keep this simple. ^_^

In some rooms, such as this one, your post count will not go up. Another one that doesn't up your count is the Forum Games Room.

Seeing as you've only posted in this thread, which is in one of those special, post-disabled rooms, that is why your post count is not above zero.
:)

Edit - Oh, and I didn't realize so few tourneys had MK banned, my bad. :urg:

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
Ehem, i'm going to make a thread about "most promising and intelligent SWF newbies(oct.2010)

/sign if you aggree

Venhammer

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5215-0896-2881
@ PD4FR: Oh, well I guess that makes sense. Sheesh, they could've mentioned that. *Grumbles to onesself*

@ Skai: Erm, Ok. Meaning me or someone else? Probably the latter. :p

Edit: Woot! got ma FC on! ^

DARKDRAGONHIEI

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4828-5788-9766
cool. NOW WE CAN DO BATTLE! oh the names Hiei by the way nice to meet you Venhammer. i think some threads keep adding to your post if you post at least once per day as well.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Ehem, i'm going to make a thread about "most promising and intelligent SWF newbies(oct.2010)

/sign if you aggree
That is a terrible Idea, why would you do that?

so the ones that don't make the cut are shunned and frowned upon. when they get into SWF the first thing they are greeted by is an insult because they didn't make it in? how's that going to make new members what to stay?

That will only cause un-nesessary drama, something this website has FAR to much of at this point in time. I will Find a way to close that thread myself if you happen to make it.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Threads about members aren't allowed anyways, so yeah.
edit: Individual members.

But I'm not sure where you would make such a thread anyway.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
What Nday said.

Don't make threads about users, especialyl lists like that.

Besides, thats what the BRoom is for :3c

kalem333

Smash Rookie
Well, I guess this out of the context of the recent posts, but...
Hello everyone. I love this site and have lurked here doing so much research over the past year+ that I finally signed up.Unfortunately my area has little in the way of tourneys, but I love watching and discussing competitive Brawl(and melee).I look forward to becoming a member of your community.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Well, I guess this out of the context of the recent posts, but...
Hello everyone. I love this site and have lurked here doing so much research over the past year+ that I finally signed up.Unfortunately my area has little in the way of tourneys, but I love watching and discussing competitive Brawl(and melee).I look forward to becoming a member of your community.
Hey Kalem,

The community is interesting right now, but take it with a grain of salt. recent tournaments and drama have kind of off set a few people.

Now At the home page there are plenty of sub forums that you can join discussions in :)

If you want to play Wi-Fi Brawl, here is the link for the Battle Arena Thread

If you have any other questions my man, let me know and I'll see what I can do with an answer alright :)

Have fun on the boards, and at some point or another try reading the global rules, they will make your stay a little more enjoyable, or at least let you know how to go out with a bang ;)

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
Hello.. noft

my gaming name is noft. if you ask what it means ill say you'll never know and give an evil laugh after it. I live in the chesterfield virginia area if your down to smash. I like to paint things do art work PLAY brawl all night , PLAY melee all night all the time. I have my group of friends and is looking for a good group of smashers around the area. If your down im down to smash. I've had experience in hosting tournaments and what not i have good ideas. noft!!

PD4FR

Smash Ace
It seems you have been here a couple months, Noft; how have you been enjoying the boards?

If you are looking for people in your region, there will be a room or two for yours in here.

I think VA would be considered North Atlantic, but I'm not quite sure, and I just woke up. ^_^

Oh, so you draw! You might enjoy going here, then.

...What does your name mean?
:ganondorf:

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Welcome to the site, Lorenzo! (Awesome name by the way :))

Please feel free to ask anyone here if you have any questions about the site. I see you've already got some posts there, so it seems like you've gotten your feet wet. Happy Halloween too! :evil:

Now, I've got to figure out your location... I'm guessing "pokemon website" refers to Serebii or Smogon... hm... maybe Oregon? Kind of a loose rhyme with Smogon, but that's all I can think of, lol.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Welcome, Lorenzo!

Would you happen to be in Cherokee County? You know, Serebii = Cherokee? Or did you mean Serebii isn't the one it rhymes with?

...Gosh! My brain hurts. <3

Edit - Oh, so that's what you meant, OK! :040:

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe how long it took for me to find this topic. >_>
Hey, I guess.
I actually joined this site out of boredom/curiosity.

So the name is Red/(SP) etc.
I too, enjoy Smash bros. and support competitive play.
I do main alot of Ness, actually, but I await for my first Smash bros. tourtament,(This weekend) as a chance3 to really dive into the Smash bros. community and find some worthy opponents.

I also play some others games too.
JUS(Jump Ultimate Stars), Mario kart wii, Naruto: Clash of Ninja rev. 3. Pokemon, etc.

Just listing the online games I play.

I'm also a Tales Fan(I support Lloyd for SSB4), being that ToS is my first "Tales of" game.

I also play Smash bros. based flash games.
For example: SSF, SSF2.

Speaking of SSF2, I'm a member of the SSF2 backroom, where we determine what is legit/legal in terms of competitive play.

Many projects go-on in the backroom...

And for those of you who haven't play SSF2, V0.6 is the latest demo.
We judge Tiers and legal stages/rule exceptions in each demo,
and we try to balance the unbalanced between each demo.(Oh, you should of been there. Waiting for V0.6 was maybe a year at the most?)

Cleod9's(Creator of SSF, and SSF2) at college, so his main priority is that.
Although he wants to get the next demo out by the holidays so we can enjoy it.

As another hobby, I enjoy drawing.(Anatomy is a hard thing to learn)

Wow, alot of typing there. So, uh.
Hey.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
@KrazyGlue

You got it!
Yesssss. As a competitive pokemon player, I would have been so mad if I couldn't get it, lol.;)

I can't believe how long it took for me to find this topic. >_>
Hey, I guess.
I actually joined this site out of boredom/curiosity.

So the name is Red/(SP) etc.
I too, enjoy Smash bros. and support competitive play.
I do main alot of Ness, actually, but I await for my first Smash bros. tourtament,(This weekend) as a chance3 to really dive into the Smash bros. community and find some worthy opponents.

I also play some others games too.
JUS(Jump Ultimate Stars), Mario kart wii, Naruto: Clash of Ninja rev. 3. Pokemon, etc.

Just listing the online games I play.

I'm also a Tales Fan(I support Lloyd for SSB4), being that ToS is my first "Tales of" game.

I also play Smash bros. based flash games.
For example: SSF, SSF2.

Speaking of SSF2, I'm a member of the SSF2 backroom, where we determine what is legit/legal in terms of competitive play.

Many projects go-on in the backroom...

And for those of you who haven't play SSF2, V0.6 is the latest demo.
We judge Tiers and legal stages/rule exceptions in each demo,
and we try to balance the unbalanced between each demo.(Oh, you should of been there. Waiting for V0.6 was maybe a year at the most?)

Cleod9's(Creator of SSF, and SSF2) at college, so his main priority is that.
Although he wants to get the next demo out by the holidays so we can enjoy it.

As another hobby, I enjoy drawing.(Anatomy is a hard thing to learn)

Wow, alot of typing there. So, uh.
Hey.
Hey Red! Welcome to the site. Feel free to ask anyone here about how anything works in Smashboards. If you're a pokemon player, we should talk about it sometime! :bee:

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Welcome, Red(SP)! There are plenty of worthy opponents for you out there, don't worry. :023:

The last time I checked, there was only one Smash Flash game. I'll have to check that out sometime.

Drawing is hard for me in general. Keep it up!

I think the Ness Boards could help you out some. Feel free to go there for any questions you have about your main. Good luck at your tourney! <3

If you like online play, maybe we could battle it out sometime. Or, if I'm not available, feel free to check out the Arena for matches.

I hope to see you around the boards! :040:

Edit - Lorenzo, aren't Marriland and Maryland pronounced the same way? That's not a rhyme. <3

PD4FR

Smash Ace
It's alright, we forgive you. :040:

By the by, do you know about Marriland's playthroughs of the Pokemon games on Youtube? I love his commentary. <3

Edit - Never mind; I overlooked one of your older comments.

Edit 2 - Nice job.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Your not missing much; he stopped making them a while back. Is he still active on his website at least? <3

Fair enough. The next time you go there, let us know. I'd love to know if he's still alive. :3c

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
You can battle online, actually. The'ye just simulators, but you can set all the IVs, EVs, levels, items, and moves without having to train them. I'll send you some links if you want them.

Obviously they're not meant to replace the actual games, but they're good for testing teams made for battling.

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
Welcome, Red(SP)! There are plenty of worthy opponents for you out there, don't worry. :023:

The last time I checked, there was only one Smash Flash game. I'll have to check that out sometime.

Drawing is hard for me in general. Keep it up!

I think the Ness Boards could help you out some. Feel free to go there for any questions you have about your main. Good luck at your tourney! <3

If you like online play, maybe we could battle it out sometime. Or, if I'm not available, feel free to check out the Arena for matches.

I hope to see you around the boards! :040:

Edit - Lorenzo, aren't Marriland and Maryland pronounced the same way? That's not a rhyme. <3
Yup. The second one is in development.]

We get demo's, yearly, wait I mean...

We get them when we get them. The demo's are released to the public too, so everyone can give it a try.
---
Thanks!
---
I could use this to my advantage...
Thanks again!
---
Sure, and will do.
---
Actually, I've been posting in the tier list thread for quite some time now.
I just haven't bothered to post anywhere else.
And I did join today, btw.
And thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom