• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omari

Smash Journeyman
What's good SWF members? Ya'll can call me Omari (forum tag) or Iramo (tournament tag). Most of you guys are probably thinking WTF is BFC? BFC stands for Brawl Friend Codes & is another brawl website along with AiB, BD, etc. BFC is where I first learned about the online brawl community. Honestly, I'm a quiet type online & the opposite offline. I love to have fun, improve, teach & learn while playing SSBB. Long story short, I started off an online newcomer (noob, nub, new-b, whatever ya'll wanna call it), got ****ted on (trolled), didn't feed into the bull****, came back a better brawler, earned massive respect from the BFC community, went to offline tournaments, got my *** handed to me, kicked bad wifi habits, learned from many cool peoples (Will, Kirin, Vinnie, PD, Boss, Big Lou, Doom, Zucco, D-Rock, GB, yeah yeah ya'll get the point) offline, starting to win more & now I'm truly starting to get into brawl. My goals or objectives? Hm ... improve Mario's tier listing (lol?) IDK honestly. All I want to do ATM is brawl on the main stages under the spotlight, brawl on livestream like my Idols and get hype! Yo, I'm talking too much so I'm just gonna STFU. Feel free to hit me up anytime if ya'll have any questions, comments, critique, etc. I'm open & negotiable to all. 1L : )

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Welcome man. Good luck with your dreams, I hope you do what you can to get into the spot light. Yeah offline and online is like un comparable. There are a lot of wi-fi scrubs that think it isn't very different at all, I should know I used to be one of them :p

Anyways yeah, Welcome to the boards. The Mario boards are your friend :p

:251:

PD4FR

Smash Ace
It's nice to see you make the transition over to SmashBoards! I think you'll find less trolls here.
Haha, online never worked out for me. Too much lag.
:urg:

I see you've found the Mario boards! They should help you a lot. I would visit them myself, but the Dark Lord won't let me.
:ganondorf:

That aside, I hope you enjoy your stay here! You'll surely find somewhere you simply belong in soon, whether it's the Media Metropolis, the Mario room, the Forum Game Room, or something else.

Skai, you shouldn't have. :embarrass:

Bebopped

Smash Rookie
Hey Mr. Smashboards. Long time reader, first time poster... I just moved to the Indianapolis, IN area and had to leave all my gaming buddies and am looking for good players in the area to Brawl with. I would consider myself a decent player and am looking to improve my game. My best characters are Falco, Marth, Wario, and to a lesser extent Kirby, though I have started playing with ZSS a bit. So if you're in the Indy area hit me up!

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Welcome! Although I'm not in IN, I will show you to this thread, where you can ask people for wi-fi matches. Or maybe you've already found it by now. :3

Good job playing so many characters! I only play the Dark Lord. :ganondorf:
Oh, and Marth when I just want to make people cry.

Maybe if I ever start playing Wi-Fi I'll play you. ;)

Have fun!

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
Well I hope you enjoy your stay here Bebopped, if you want to find Indies you might wanna try fsmash.org
I know some Indianopolis peeps on that site :3

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Why should I let him do it Skai? I let him do it for this guy and he did a decent job, should have mentioned this though.

Bebopped you were looking for Indianapolis right? Here is the regional Calendar for smash, Go nuts.

CLICK THIS FOR REGIONS

Wi-fi is there if you need it, PD4 showed you where most of the wi-fi people hang out and ask for matches, so I've not much else to say but good luck and happy smashing.

EDIT: Heres your Indianna Social chat with most of the brawl/melee players in it.
SOCIAL THREAD

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Why should I let him do it Skai? I let him do it for this guy and he did a decent job

Welcoming people is not only to give newcomers a ton of useful sources, you know.
I try to make them feel welcome; no one wants to be welcomed just like the last person did.
I do admit that I forgot to give him that link, but it's not like I'm the only one welcoming people here. We're a team. :urg:

Skai, this is not a competition.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I wasn't trying to be rude man, I was just curious why also said that, I know :) and you do a good job at making them feel welcome :p

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
Naw, I was just playing around :p, I dunno if i should welcome the above because he/she has more posts than me :(

DARKDRAGONHIEI

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4828-5788-9766
hello, I am called Hiei by my friends. I consider myself to be a very logical and fun loving person. I say i control my emotions better than the next man, but no one ever believes me ^_^' (oh well) i've had this account for quite awhile but never really posted much. I'm going to enter a tourny on the 17th of November and I kind of bite in this game, so i'm hoping to get better, mainly to defeat a good friend. Please to meet all of you!

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
Skai, you keep sending broken links with http://http://. It's a bit annoying to click something and then not getting anything.

Anyway, I'm Dourin, I've joined the forum in February but I haven't posted that long. I have been reading a lot, but never bothered posting. I noticed about a month ago that I have an account here and started posting :bee:.
I live in Norway, haven't seen anyone from Norway yet, + I'm in some dump where no one lives ;_;.

Anyway, I'll see how I'm going to enjoy this forum.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Hi Dourin, just read the above post i made, i'm too lazy ^_^;
Links fixed
Your third link still doesn't work because it's missing a colon near the beginning of the url.

Skai, you keep sending broken links with http://http://. It's a bit annoying to click something and then not getting anything.

Anyway, I'm Dourin, I've joined the forum in February but I haven't posted that long. I have been reading a lot, but never bothered posting. I noticed about a month ago that I have an account here and started posting :bee:.
I live in Norway, haven't seen anyone from Norway yet, + I'm in some dump where no one lives ;_;.

Anyway, I'll see how I'm going to enjoy this forum.
I'm trying to figure out how he's managing to do that every time.

Well, it's nice that you're going to start posting now. It's always great to have new members to talk to! :bee:

Norway? Well, I'm not in Norway myself, but I'm sure you could find some people in this board. Just find your Region in there. :)

Well, I'm willing to bet you know your way around the site pretty well by now, but don't be afraid to ask questions if you do have any!

Enjoy your stay, Dourin. :012:

hello, I am called Hiei by my friends. I consider myself to be a very logical and fun loving person. I say i control my emotions better than the next man, but no one ever believes me ^_^' (oh well) i've had this account for quite awhile but never really posted much. I'm going to enter a tourny on the 17th of November and I kind of bite in this game, so i'm hoping to get better, mainly to defeat a good friend. Please to meet all of you!
It's good to see you posting, finally!

We'll see about the emotions, Hiei. You will find that I am much more modest than you are. :p

Well, good luck at the tourney, and I hope you beat that friend of yours. :bee:

I know you've been here for a while, so I'll just remind you about the Pit Room. They'll toughen you up.

Keep having a great time, Hiei! :bee:

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Ya'll is Learnin' somethin' Gooood. I'll still post my occasional welcome, but you two should be able to handle things, Just wish I could help out and like edit your guys stuff sometimes.

Ah well, hahaha Have fun guys, and Welcome to Dourin and HIEI. Hope you two have a wicked time on these boards.

DARKDRAGONHIEI

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4828-5788-9766
Hello Skai and Dourin. I saw both of you in the fighting boards yesterday but didn't get the chance to challenge you. Hope we can fight someday. Thanks for the links and correction about the links XD

Hey PD4FR, thanks for the luck in the tourney. More modest? do i sound like i think highly of myself? sorry if i do. oh you're a Gannondorf mainer, haven't seen many of those, hope we can fight one day too.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Hey PD4FR, thanks for the luck in the tourney. More modest? do i sound like i think highly of myself? sorry if i do. oh you're a Gannondorf mainer, haven't seen many of those, hope we can fight one day too.
I was just joking about the modesty, lol. Read between the lines. ;)

Nah, you don't sound like that at all. I'll be sure to play you online sometime. ^_^

imag

Smash Rookie
Hey guys
i'm imag joined in january but I really started using this account a month ago. Been lurking for a LONG time (this is like my second post lol) so it's finally nice to be able to talk and whatever. Played melee for a long time but sucked cause i was real young. Now i play brawl and I'm not gonna lie i like it more than melee even though sheik was nerfed hard. Trying to get better and find a new main. nice to meet all of you

PD4FR

Smash Ace
It's always nice to see lurkers start posting. ^_^

I used Sheik in Melee, too. Fair was too good. :3

Well, I'm sure there are several threads about how to choose your main, but I still think the best way is to play around with different characters and see who you have the most fun with. Or you could try some C-C-C-C-Combo videos and let that take you places. Messiah ( a Marth Combo video) is a really popular one right now.

Or you could embrace the Dark Lord.

Hopefully you'll enjoy the site even more now that you're posting! :bee:

Have a great time. ^_^

imag

Smash Rookie
Hi PD4FR
You're right that fair was beautiful too bad it's gone :(
I've been looking at falco, diddy and lucario but I'm not really sure. I've seen a few combo videos but not too many do you any recommendations? I'm sure Ganondorf won't work though hes crazy powerful but too slow. I need my speed I love running away too much :) How were you able to transition from sheik in melee to ganon in brawl?

DARKDRAGONHIEI

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4828-5788-9766
Hey Imag, i know what you mean. Shiek was my main in meele, and yeah most people do like brawl more than meele. Shiek is still playable though. He has a decent amount of combos an easy one would be to use F-tilt. when you hit the first one you continue to do F-tilt for a certain number of time(depending on the character you're fighting). after you can U-smash or f-air which yeah was nerfed. i use a combination of both(shiek/Zelda) now. Dont give up on shiek yet.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Hi PD4FR
You're right that fair was beautiful too bad it's gone :(
I've been looking at falco, diddy and lucario but I'm not really sure. I've seen a few combo videos but not too many do you any recommendations? I'm sure Ganondorf won't work though hes crazy powerful but too slow. I need my speed I love running away too much :) How were you able to transition from sheik in melee to ganon in brawl?
I don't think Lucario is the one you're looking for; he's pretty slow.

Falco is fast, and so is Diddy. They would be fine choices, considering you enjoy playing them. They are also pretty good characters. Lucario is slow, though, so I don't know why you would pick him when you want a fast character.

Hm...how did I transition to Ganon? When I stopped playing Melee, I was Sheik. I first used D3 in Brawl, and I think that worked for me because he has decently fast attacks, despite how slow he looks.
Then I played DK, and then Bowser. As you can see, I stayed with the heavy, slower people.
After Bowser, I settled on Ganondorf. :) It was a slow process. (Bad pun, I know)

I'm actually more used to slow characters than fas ones, now, lol.

Some good Combo videos? Well, here's a couple:

My favorite Marth Combo video
A good Falco Combo video
Diddy Kong. That is all.

I tried to keep the videos fairly recent. ;)

It's kind of hard to suggest a character based solely on someone "liking speed", but I did the best I could.

Also, don't just give up on Sheik because she was nerfed. Sure, she's not as good now, but she still has some things going for her.

Good luck finding a new main! :bee:

kalem333

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone. Original smash64 player. i was one of those god-layers in melee and quickly fell from that throne with the advent of brawl. and love the challenges it brings. I don't live in a area that has much smash activity, but look forward to the tourneys that i can make it to.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Welcome, Kalem! I was pretty god-like at Melee, too, but I like to think my skill moved over to Brawl pretty well. ;)

I'm sorry to hear you don't have many people to play. Maybe this will help a little.

Or, if you prefer local play like I do, you could try to find some people around you here.
Just find your region. ^_^

Have a good time! :bee:

imag

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys
Welcome to SWF Kalem. Hope you enjoy your time here at Smashboards.

Hey Hiei it's nice to meet you.
I haven't given up on sheik. I actually love playing her, she is one of my seconds for sure. It's just that I have trouble killing with her. This was partly solved by DACUS but not completely. I'm the kind of guy who likes to use a lot of characters so I will be using like 10 characters but i want to find one (or two) characters that i will use the most. But she will definitely be played a lot.

You're right PD4FR that was a long post :)
You're right about Lucario he is a bit slow (Not that slow though i just went to training mode and hes close to Falco's speed: It's his air speed that slows him down) but his fast attacks make up for it and Aura Sphere is a nice bonus. I think i might try my luck with Marth again after seeing that video. (I used to second him but he just kind of drifted away). Those combo videos were actually pretty nice to watch. I might pick up a few tricks from them :p

Thanks for the help with my character problems for the first time it feels like there is progress.
Bye

DARKDRAGONHIEI

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4828-5788-9766
hey Kalem, its good to hear that you were at a god level in one game. I never reached that point in any smash game but i still have hope. I also live in a place where its not very smash active so i don't get much practice besides my Friend mKBy beating the daylights outta me XD

Imag, did you know that Shiek's B-up is also a killing move? This helps a lot since many people don't think that it will be used, it can also be used to play mind games like Zelda, but it doesn't reach as far so you'll have to be carefull too. you can also run to the edge of the stage and do you B-up. You will drift/float/fly in the air while going outward. it a good way to kill enemis who are trying to get back on the stage, just make sure you make it back alive ^_^'''

imag

Smash Rookie
you're right it's sick. Vanish gliding actually works because no one expects it. They're like "oh crap needles" but you can just kill them with vanish. Sometimes you can just kill somebody who is trying to fall back to the stage but you need to time it well. I use mostly up smash and bair to kill though.

Sube

Smash Rookie
im sube

i had smash since i was 10 i believe, but never knew about wavedashing or such until recently, i use luigi and sometimes jigglypuff and ganondorf, i hope to learn from you guys, and im from houston texas.

peace

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Welcome, Sube!

I play Ganon Ganon plays me, too! ! I'm thinking about having Jiggly as a secondary, but I don't have any practice with her. :embarrass:

Do you play Brawl or just Melee? :bee:

Have a nice, dark time.

Venhammer

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5215-0896-2881
Hey everyone Venhammer here. So I found out about all of this from The Last Tier War video on youtube (How many newbies do you guys get from that vid? :p) Brawl is my first and only Super Smash game, although I have played Melee in the past. I don't really consider myself to be that skilled at Brawl, but I'm practicing! I'm a huge Lucario fan, I dunno why. I guess I just like his versatile movepool (His Aura ability doesn't hurt either) So yeah, I'm just watching and learning right now, trying to get into the swing of things. Looking forward to talking with y'all! P.S. I'll have my Brawl FC on soon. I'm such a newb. :p

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Welcome!

I actually have never seen that before. D: I'll look it up soon!

I never could get used to Lucario's playstyle, lol. Do you have any secondaries?

Once you have your FC, feel free to go here for matches!

Also, this room might help you with your Lucario. ^_^

Have a great time! I'll be sure to play you some time once you get your FC up. :3

Venhammer

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5215-0896-2881
I guess my secondaries would have to be a certain yellow mouse and Toon Link. I like speedy characters. Looking forward to the fight! ^_^

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I guess my secondaries would have to be a certain yellow mouse and Toon Link. I like speedy characters. Looking forward to the fight! ^_^
A "certain yellow mouse"? You lost me. Too vague. xD

I like slow characters. these fights we're going to have will be interesting. :bee:

Hi Venhammer

P.S. I reccpmend you pick uo marth and mk ;)
I have enough Marth's to deal with as it is, lol. Oh, and MK is banned in some places, so I wouldn't depend on him. :woman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom