• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Hey, speaking of Square... I've been playing Super Mario RPG, and since I was bored, I went ahead and fought Culex at Level 13, no Lazy Shell, with Mario, Mallow, and Geno, and I WON.

Of course, I took me getting EXTREMELY lucky with freebies on Rock Candy and Red Essence, but I pulled it off, with my FP down to 9, Mario and Geno KOed, and no Syrups or Mushrooms left, Mallow hung in there and won it with a clutch Shocker attack to win the day.

I love that game. GENO SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN BRAWL, DAMMIT!

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Hey, speaking of Square... I've been playing Super Mario RPG, and since I was bored, I went ahead and fought Culex at Level 13, no Lazy Shell, with Mario, Mallow, and Geno, and I WON.

Of course, I took me getting EXTREMELY lucky with freebies on Rock Candy and Red Essence, but I pulled it off, with my FP down to 9, Mario and Geno KOed, and no Syrups or Mushrooms left, Mallow hung in there and won it with a clutch Shocker attack to win the day.

red essence, invincibility for 3 turns please.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
SMRPG was an amazing game. I think that by today's standards it is still great, though lacking somewhat (though that's true for almost all games of generations past (and subjective)), but by the standards of its own time it was really something.

Culex at level 13? Wow. Is that the lowest possible level at which you can face him, or did you progress further through the game and then go back? I remember the trouble I had with him back in the day, and the time I actually beat him was when I had not intended to; I brought Mallow along just to read everyone's minds, but it turned out that, on the side, thunderbolt ***** everything. Last semester when I was playing the game on the virtual console, I managed to beat him much earlier than I had before (I think I had the Lazy Shell, but it was certainly earlier than I would have expected to beat him) by being gay with Lazy Shell Peach. It was a battle of attrition, though, and I think Culex and his crystals actually ran out of FP, lol.

And Geno should have been in Brawl. He could have been a contender for Meta Knight (though if Sakurai was better at game-balancing, anyone could have (but Geno just seems like he'd be one of those awesome broken characters)).

link2702

Smash Champion

OMFG YES! YES YES YES! PO PIMPUS YES! Geno SHOULD have been in brawl :<

FattyFatFatso

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone! Don't know if I mentioned this or not, but July monthly will be on the 25th. Registration starts at 3:30 and the tourney will run until we are finished. It will be at the OU student Union You are all invited this time! Hope you guys can all make it! Powa, Bassem, FA, Hper, I expect to see you guys there as well!

PowaStar

Smash Apprentice
Lol I have driver's ed on the 25th forgot what time though.

I was playing Ocarina of time today and I was about to enter the shadow temple but first I had to light all of the torch post with the item "Din's Fire" turns out I don't have that and I can only get it if I'm young link which means I have to restart my game just to get one item... Oh how I love Zelda and I'm gonna love going back to the water temple /sarcasm (That temple was hella hard)

P.S I suck at Zelda

SMRPG I'm buying that now good thing I'm getting paid tommorrow *wewt*

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I just fought him as soon as I got to Monstro Town. I went and beat Jinx first, went back to Moleville for the Shiny Stone, got ***** four or five times, then finally took him out.

Yep, I love Mario RPG.

I'll be at the monthly hopefully. I need the extra practice before OHSNAP. I'm still not at the level of a true King, yet, but I'm slowly making progress towards the top.

PowaStar

Smash Apprentice
Ya I'm planning on attending with Falco instead of MK I think I do a little bit more better with him not counting that match where Daniel 3 stocked me at Japes... Dang garlic eating air mobilty fatman... *mumbles*

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
hey FA. guess you didnt see my last post, what's your schedule like? im fairly sure something is going down this weekend. people (not me caus ei can't) usually stay up pretty late so im sure youll get more in than just a few matches.

-Ran

Smash Master
We got tired of Sars. You guys can have him back. We shipped him 3-5 day UPS, so check your door steps frequently.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
LOL @ Ran. Yeah, I guess we'll take him back for now. I hope you guys whipped him into shape, because I'm going for broke at these next few events... the baddest man in Oklahoma is going to be fighting at full capacity from here on out... Just hope I can get the momentum I need to take down the OOS comp at OHSNAP...

A candle always burns brightest just before its flame is extinguished... Prepare to be blinded, children.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I've placed top 10 in every tourney I've participated minus Last 3 where I still feel I got gipped, ****ing played awful. But last tourney I attended I got 3rd, lost to Cyphus twice. Real talk, not fake **** talk son.

link2702

Smash Champion
hey FA. guess you didnt see my last post, what's your schedule like? im fairly sure something is going down this weekend. people (not me caus ei can't) usually stay up pretty late so im sure youll get more in than just a few matches.
well this weekend luckily i'm off both days, but the 4th(obviously) i'm gonna be spending most of my day with my family, sunday IDK, i'll just have to find out then.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
pending onhow south in okc you are, me and maybe fling wouldn't mind driving over there.

FattyFatFatso

Smash Apprentice
**** UPS 3-5 shipping? It takes like a week to process packages in oklahoma, hope you guys left enough food for him in there. That probably means stuffing his box with 40 days worth of food.

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
If I got stuck in a box with 40 days worth of food, it would all be gone in a couple days, plus I would get reeeaally fat D:

hopefully so fat that my body mass breaks through the box.

HHooooooyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah~~!

link2702

Smash Champion
pending onhow south in okc you are, me and maybe fling wouldn't mind driving over there.
i live off sw 44th and agnew, PM me for exact address(sorry, know i sound wierd saying that, but i don't post my full address online.)

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
for those not going to genesis:

there is a brawl tourney at an anime con, Tokyo in Tulsa. 5 dollar entry fee for tourney, not too sur ehow much it is to get in the con though. i imagine not too much since this is their 2nd con.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
For interested parties:

Without delving into too many specifics, the SBR has renewed (for the 30th time) the Meta Knight ban discussion, and here is the first part of the pro-camp's YouTube video stating stating their case.

This video alone isn't enough to ban Meta Knight on any grounds, but it is a mighty impressive display of physics/mechanics abuse that no other character in the game is capable of. I'm curious to see what else is in store in the coming days.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
ha, i liked the last thing in that video. they make a pretty interesting case.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Hey everyone! Don't know if I mentioned this or not, but July monthly will be on the 25th. Registration starts at 3:30 and the tourney will run until we are finished. It will be at the OU student Union You are all invited this time! Hope you guys can all make it! Powa, Bassem, FA, Hper, I expect to see you guys there as well!
Yaaaay! I will definitely try to make it :)

Top Bottom