• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
i think its really funny how the original post was deleted but hyper's quote of it wasnt
Regulation, thy name is superficial.

I'm just surprised that, like, Virgilijus modded it instead of one of the regional moderators.

I didn't notice the video link before, but I watched it and it was pretty interesting. I wonder how drastically Meta Knight performance would increase if everyone started doing those things. Such might sway my opinion on the matter; even though he's my favorite character, I think that everyone else should be able to compete with their favorite characters (should it reach the point where Meta Knight becomes indomitable), and I like using Marth enough anyway that I could just main Marth. However, it hasn't hit that point yet, so I won't concern myself with the matter until it does. Regardless, I should probably start doing that **** while I still can :p

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Regulation, thy name is superficial.

I'm just surprised that, like, Virgilijus modded it instead of one of the regional moderators.

I didn't notice the video link before, but I watched it and it was pretty interesting. I wonder how drastically Meta Knight performance would increase if everyone started doing those things. Such might sway my opinion on the matter; even though he's my favorite character, I think that everyone else should be able to compete with their favorite characters (should it reach the point where Meta Knight becomes indomitable), and I like using Marth enough anyway that I could just main Marth. However, it hasn't hit that point yet, so I won't concern myself with the matter until it does. Regardless, I should probably start doing that **** while I still can :p
yeah, some of the stuff on that video did look pretty cool. anybody not celebrating 4th of july today?

po pimpus

Smash Ace
For interested parties:

Without delving into too many specifics, the SBR has renewed (for the 30th time) the Meta Knight ban discussion, and here is the first part of the pro-camp's YouTube video stating stating their case.

This video alone isn't enough to ban Meta Knight on any grounds, but it is a mighty impressive display of physics/mechanics abuse that no other character in the game is capable of. I'm curious to see what else is in store in the coming days.
That... That's pretty **** gay.

If anyone had the utter lack of testes and sheer, almost black hole-like void in their soul where their courage should reside to do that just so they could beat people in a video game, everyone at that tournament should just stop playing, demand their money back, and refuse to play anywhere an ******* like that would show his face.

**** Metaknight, and the people who defend **** like that as 'Playing to Win'

Now where's David Sirlin so I can kick him in the balls... :mad:

Scud

Smash Apprentice
That video shows a lot about his recovery, but isn't extremely convincing to me, seeing as how it doesn't show his interaction with other character.

I'm interested in learning blaz blue...anyone else?

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I don't think we're at the part where Metaknight starts being gay on offense yet. There's a part 2 coming. The fact remains that there is no one else in the game who has the eleventy-billion IMPOSSIBLE TO PUNISH ways to recover that Meta has. That's if you can get close enough to hit him hard enough to force him off-stage what with the lightning-fast attacks and no lag and all...

Not to mention that his best recovery option, the almighty Shuttle Loop (praise be to Sakurai for designing that one) WILL KILL YOU AT 0% if you so much as dare to entertain the notion of jumping out to intercept his recovery.

The only way to kill Metaknight is to hit him REALLY HARD so that he just straight-up flies off the screen and dies, no edgeguarding can be done. Of course, good luck being fast enough to get inside his ridiculously-fast-disjointed-hitboxes-with-no-lag in order to land said hit...

This argument has been done to death before, so I'll stop there.

I'd love to get into some BlazeBlue, but alas, my 360 just red-ring'd me last week, and I really have no intention of throwing anymore money at either Sony or Microsoft until people start making games for an old codger like me again. Which will probably be never. Which is why my SNES and DS get the bulk of my gaming love.

F.A, I got your PM... If you come to one of our Smashfest or Tournaments, and I'm there, I'll be glad to help you, although I think Scud, Hazygoose, or K0S-MOS would be much better teachers in Melee. Much like Brawl, all I really know how to do is lose 'respectably' *whatever that means* with Luigi... If you're trying to actually WIN, those guys are the go-to people. They are the real pros.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
The video on its own isn't enough to make much of a case for me, either, but it is only the first part, as Brandon mentioned.

Is the thing that makes BlazBlue notable its online capability?

PowaStar

Smash Apprentice
Blazblue is win.

Has anyone played Guilty Gear? That game is a technical players paradise to get better at doing AT's it makes Melee's hardest AT's look easy compared to Guilty Gears.

This whole MK banning thing is making our community look like a bunch of scrubs even the Melee and SSB64 community basically dislike us I haven't seen anyone really learn the MK match-up as how they do others mostly when It's a hard match-up they just find a counter-picj character instead of learning it which could help them progress their character. If MK gets banned it wouldn't phase me I would just go either Falco, Wario, or some other character I'm especislly into Luigi now seriously I think we need to actually try to learn the matchup before we (the brawl community) start griping If Azen beat MK with a Lucario once and Fiction did it with Wario, and lets not forget Ally (Snake) and DEHF (Falco), and Ninjalink's Diddy. Besides I basically look at MK like the team M (Magneto) S (Storm) and P (Psylocke) from MvC2 that team has no bad matchups and the closest ones are even just like MK the funny thing in National tournies not many MSP teams made it into the top ten the only MSP team player that you would mostly see is Justin Wong.

And that ends my rant.

Play moar melee. XD

Happy 4th of July folks :bee:

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
lulz Happy 4TH O' JULY

ya I said that even though it's technically over.

We had two fireworks fail almost consecutively. first one stayed in the tube and 'sploded in front of EVERYBODY. I got hit D: lolz

second one fell over and shot like 5 times all over the place

it was funny as hell though~!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
melee is harder than GG/blazblue.
but i want to learn some blazblue. and sf4. and i hope people want to play tekken 6 when it comes out. if i bring my dreamcast to the next smashfest do peeps wanna play mvc2 and garou 8? plzplzplzplzplz :D

fighting games are too good. i'll MM any of you bleaches in MK trilogy, too.
also, wow. i haven't been home and on my computer relaxing in like 5 days. way for oklahoma to finally keep me entertained.

FattyFatFatso

Smash Apprentice
Guilty Gear is so flashy, but once you are good at it, it turns into fate unlimited. infinite loops that no one can get out, even with guard breaks. I saw a guy do it at Akon, wrecked everyone.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
One of the best southern guilty gear players is from New Orleans, and it's not really infinite loops. There's like one that's just like long, not an infinite, and you can break out of any combos. Just gotta save that shield meter.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
You get one burst that will get you out, and I have never seen an infinite loop in GG or BlazBlue...not that I know that much about them. Plus, once you get that many hits the hits do like literally no damage.

I don't really want my whole game just focused on learning preset combos and tech skill, but I don't think that's all Blazblue is about. I played it with my friend and it was pretty sweet :).

PowaStar

Smash Apprentice
I'm hoping Tekken 6 will be good the graphics and music are just 2 gewd to me so far.

SF4 is too fun especially when I use my one and only Favorite negro boxer and Mistah Shoryuken.

I play CvS2 still

I'm learning KOF so I can understand KOFXII a little.

I miss playing MvC2 Team Clockw0rk FTW!!!

TvC I can't wait to see the newer version.

3rd Strike 4 Life Son!!!!

Dekar173

Justice Man
Epic vid Hanson. But wait, you mean to say... His recovery is the best in the game?! But Ness can PKT1 him and other stuff!!!!!!

You big dummy he's not that broken, he almost has an even match-up! =D

Young Deezy

Smash Apprentice
Drill Rush mixed with tornado makes it next to impossible to be edgeguarded. =(

All Marth can do is Dolphin Slash him.

I am more insterested in the segment that covers his uncanny ability to have an amazing offence without the possibility of being punished =\

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
The drillrush **** is something Lee does all the time lol It's ****ing tight. He can do it on every stage, but he hates MK so whatever.

Also the recovery issue I mean . . . Who didn't know about it already? All 4 of his B moves recover, he has 5 jumps, and he has a glide, like yeah we all know that. But I mean, the dude still dies at 110.

Having lots of recovery options doesn't bar him from being really light. Just makes it so you can't edgeguard him as easily as everyone else, but I mean, glide? Glide's easy as hell to edgeguard, and most MKs don't use shuttleloop to recover cause there's better options so like there's the cape which is risky cause you can just edgeghog and nado or drillrush and drillrush if it goes past the ledge is pretty easy to edgeguard and tornado has to be suspended off stage for a while cause his priority doesn't kick in immediately.

Like, if I were to make an ban mk video, I'd like not focus on the gimmicks that don't really explain like why he's broken. I mean, just a theoretical video about things like Dair camping vs certain characters or just how good he is at gimping should be enough.

Young Deezy

Smash Apprentice
I like comparing MK to Karas in tvc.... Karas has the smallest life bar in the game I beleive, but he still has an offence that wrecks hard.

And when I was watching the Devastation stream all the people in chat were talking about bans, and the game isn't even released in America yet =\

MK may die somewhat early, but landing the KO move is harder tha landing it on alot of other characters and with his ability to chip damage on you from a safe distance makes getting him to KO percent hard as well.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Holy ****, they released Final Fantasy VII on PSN... at the beginning of June. **** late newsletters. They also released Metal Gear Solid, which I'll probably try out.

I don't think that Meta Knight's recovery makes him broken of its own merit, either, but that was only part 1 so they haven't yet presented their case in full.

Though really, they could make all the case in the world, but I don't think it would merit a ban unless it really started to show in tournaments.

Also, I like Tom's idea of going to the tournament at Tokyo in Tulsa.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
I'm not a proponent for either sides of the ban argument, and I've already mentioned that one video based on MK's movements and recovery is hardly a solid case to cast MK in a light of being ban-worthy, but it is only Part 1 of 2 or more videos. Both sides have been filled with their fair share of idiots trying to champion their respective causes, but pound for pound, the anti-ban side has always had a slightly stronger and more reasonable overall argument in the matter.

I will say that if the pro-ban case is executed in the way that I suspect it might, I am very well on the cusp of being somewhat impressed.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Like I'll be honest guys, like, I'm pretty anti-ban but I really think it's gonna happen just cause of the state that the SBR is right now . . . As in like there are just too many members, and a lot of them I don't necessarily agree with like being there.

Like no offense to Europe, but it's pretty accurate to say their membership in SBR is just SWF affirmative action. I mean, if we let people in just cause of that why not let in a player from every state just for kicks?

But I agree with a lot of what the pro ban side states, but I also like recognize that they should still chill a bit cause Ness can get out of infinite grabs and characters are getting past things that were supposedly broken.

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
Tekken is the ****. Roger Jr. ftw

wow, FFVII on PSN? I still got the original ps1 game.

They also have a small smash tourny at Izumicon, but that's in November.

FattyFatFatso

Smash Apprentice
I want to wait for the whole argument of one side before I take a stance. I am pretty apathetic right now. If the SBR is filled with the people that Hanson says it is filled with, we may never resolve this issue.

Tyrannosaurus

Smash Cadet
And when I was watching the Devastation stream all the people in chat were talking about bans, and the game isn't even released in America yet =\
haha, people taking a crossover game seriously

none of the vs games are serious fighters, dudes should just play them however and have fun

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
ness is so fun. ZSS and GaW are on the backburner for now.

bryan: i don't remember if i have my MGS games or if i let them in CT, but if they are here you are free to borrow 1-3.

chris: melee this week? :o or just hang out? i miss you, mang!

Top Bottom