• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Oh....

Pertaining to the thread...
Why don't we move up/down if we win money matches?

I feel as though Zori and I are way too low on this list :o

z00ted

It seems as though every tournament I can go to: you can't, and vice versa.

-Ran

Smash Master
I think that the disparity in who is better than who in the small numbers can be solved by increasing the values of the top players in the state. In Chess, the tip-top player is 2800+, but if I recall when M2k was entered into the system he was given 2200. Rather, if the tip top players such as Gnes, Razer, Dojo and so forth were given larger values, the differences in the tiers would increase because only the players that could beat the 2400+ individuals would be able to approach their level. This would also make a victory more meaningful against them in bracket.

z00ted

I think I can do better than top of C tier.
Top of B or bottom of A2 at the moment.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to say...I <3 esca...

And about my previous post in this thread...Not all of S tier go to dallas tournys. So even if just razor or gnes show up. Some1 from A tier can still win it.

z00ted

Magik are you going to Hobo 27?

magik magik magik magik magik magik magik magik magik magik magik magik magik

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
MM vs players that are in your tier should be relatively close matches. Granted, somedays people do exceptionally well and poorly. But, if given like 10 MM, they should be 6 to 4 or 5 to 5. Playing 2 money matches is pretty irrelevant as far as skill goes.

Even for me in A-2 tier. The players in B-Tier would still give me a strong run for my money. If I decided to sand bag even a little bit, that could mean an opponent from b tier could take the set away easily.

A player is only free whenever they are like 2 tiers lower than you. For example, I'd imagine anybody from B tier to look at the players in D tier and consider them free money. In addition, S tier compared to A tier...but more so because of the ELO spread which proves their dominance by ELo rating and not by Subgroup.

now that I think of it. WHy is there even an A-2 tier? I go even if not lose to even some players in B tier. And we have similar ELO ratings. Converge A-2 tier with B tier plz. A-1 tier, imo, accurately depicts what A tier actually looks like.

Suspect

Smash Hero
MM vs players that are in your tier should be relatively close matches. Granted, somedays people do exceptionally well and poorly. But, if given like 10 MM, they should be 6 to 4 or 5 to 5. Playing 2 money matches is pretty irrelevant as far as skill goes.

Even for me in A-2 tier. The players in B-Tier would still give me a strong run for my money. If I decided to sand bag even a little bit, that could mean an opponent from b tier could take the set away easily.

A player is only free whenever they are like 2 tiers lower than you. For example, I'd imagine anybody from B tier to look at the players in D tier and consider them free money. In addition, S tier compared to A tier...but more so because of the ELO spread which proves their dominance by ELo rating and not by Subgroup.

now that I think of it. WHy is there even an A-2 tier? I go even if not lose to even some players in B tier. And we have similar ELO ratings. Converge A-2 tier with B tier plz. A-1 tier, imo, accurately depicts what A tier actually looks like.
cool story bro

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Yeah Damien I agree that it would work out just fine to combine A2 tier with B. A 50 point gap means a large skill gap, or at least one that would indicate "I'll win the majority of matches against you." They'll get combined next time I update.

I'm waiting on Xyro or RT to send me the TIO file from the recent Houston MM-fest tourney.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Zac, I already deleted the tio file. It was decided that it shouldn't be counted since it was free, some people used random character, some only played one match for a set, grand finals wasn't played...yeah. It probably shouldn't have been done in the first place. :ohwell:

Besides, Hobo is around the corner, so it will matter more. :)

z00ted

I'm still crying about that :(
We did agree to count it in the beginning.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
They normally count, this time jerm and zori and p4 were complaining so we didnt count it. next time i will leave them out of the bracket and we will submit it like normal

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Updated. Phase 13 added.

Cleaned up the PR list to include the following rule:

* Players must have participated in at least two tournaments to appear on the PR list.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Eh with Keith, Tim, Andy and I there it's very unlikely for anybody else to win it. Maybe Zac because he's been on beast mode lately but other than that I can't see somebody from Texas winning over all 3 of us.
Corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom