• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Matchup Chart v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'll reword the post Aero quoted because it seems like he didn't read/understand it.
It doesn't matter which aerial you use for vertical momentum cancelling (unless you're playing G&W/DK/Yoshi) except for the stall-then-fall dairs (which are bad).
This is because, for vertical momentum cancelling, your only goal is to fastfall as soon as possible (again, unless you're playing G&W/DK/Yoshi). So, to say that Snake's dair is his 'best' aerial for vertical momentum cancelling is incorrect.
Taking advantage of dual-stick mechanics allows you to produce a frame-perfect fastfall after the aerial. This can be done with any aerial (again, with the exception of the stall-then-fall aerials)
V, hitting down on the c-stick gives you the same thing as holding down and dairing therefore making it just as optimal for non-stalling dairs.

:phone:

Bubba, they are bad because they don't fastfall, ands they don't stall fast enough.
Riddle's post has just made me confused again.

I currently momentum cancel fine with dair vertically, so I'll probably just keep doing that. :embarrass:

Also the last 5 pages of this thread has melted my brain.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Espy: Of course, you just have to wait till the Bowser fsmashes. Makes sense.
You totally missed the point of what Espy was pointing out. At 2:41, after Espy had already dthrow punished the fsmash, Espy took a step forward, just a step. In complete anticipation of some committal action, Zigsta whiffed a jab and tried to immediately ftilt (the VERY thing that you said Bowser should do to make a whiffed jab safe). Espy simply grab armored the ftilt. This is directly contrary to what you have been saying about Bowser just 'reacting' to Sonic with jab and being safe and points out exactly what we've been saying. Sonic can elicit reactions just by walking at you because you're in so much anticipation of a dash.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
he linked the map of the world because as he said and as you continue to prove, you are a lost little soul.

also, real names on swf is weird. why cant you just call me Goggles like everyone else lol.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I type it as it comes to my head and for some reason that pops up before KID or Goggles does lol but you are right it is a bit strange. My b

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
that was stupid, hilarious and inaccurate all at the same time.

theres a dot after the D too.

id make fun of your name back.. if I knew how to pronounce it.... =P

Tesh

Smash Hero
@ grim you can easily cover bowser by just retreating an ASC charge. if he does pretty much anything but shield, you can just release and hit him or spinshot/spring if his option is an actual threat (fair).

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I'm not sure if I'm gonna be there on Friday. I've been having chest pains.
I fear it may be gallstones :(
I started reading this post and was ready to get MAD AS HECK cause im leaving for PS5 right after the fest but wow that sucks dude I hope you're ok :(

Alphicans

Smash Hero
4 just hits them, 3 hits with a fan sound that sends your opponent kind of behind you, and you can grab out of it. 2 trips the opponent if they're grounded, other wise it does a little damage and is basically unsafe on hit.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
If you're feeling lucky, you could always try to get a 2-hammer to cause a forced getup... if the situation deems it possible B)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Judgement is great, but it has low range and a long start up, so you can't really punish with it, but only land a read with it :/.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Judgement is great, but it has low range and a long start up, so you can't really punish with it, but only land a read with it :/.
Trap option out of low percent UpB chase when your jump is gone.

I've played Falco vs. G&W with out local G&W main since the game came out. Pop Falco into the air, double jump aerial, UpB to chase, read air dodge, money shot. You don't have another jump and you can easily be too close to the ground to get a fair. If you don't like your odds with a nair landing trap, Judge gets to come out to play.

Saw the situation arise in tournament when our G&W was playing Kismet and I just got this terrible chill run up my spine where I knew exactly what he was going to through and that itch turned true and Kismet lost a stock at 30. That moment was so hype.

But yeah, I mention a situational move on a character with properties that support getting pummeled on a good read. I've only ever seen solid set-ups for Judge on spacies and D3, so I'm no expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom