• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

Legolastom

Smash Hero
If they make another stage on top of the great fox that should at least make it much more exciting... it could be in the middle of a massive space battle between star fox and star wolf and every so often their spaceships could crash onto the stage and those star fox bombs would hit parts of the space ship (kinda like the banzai bill from peaches castle).

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I agree with Legolastom, to an extent.

I would actually be saddened if there wasn't another Great Fox stage (I'm praying for more than one Star Fox stage for once. Show some love, Nintendo). I think we could use an update. How's about a Great Fox stage on the Aparoid homeworld. Arwings could be flying around, fighting off Aparaoid machines and occasionally Aparoids would attempt to possess the Great Fox, so Star Fox would fire upon the Great Fox to shoot the Aparoids off.

By the way, that was the most half hearted suggestion EVER. Though, I have always wanted to enter the back area of the Great Fox fin (you know the one).

On that note, bring back the useable pipes in Mario levels! I loved going through that pipe and being randomly spit out of three other pipes in the original Smash Bros.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Wants a stage editor!

Or, at least, a stage with craziness happening in the background constantly. The changing lightning on that first simple stage for example. More that.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea more that and maybe even on the great fox stage you move through every level from lylat wars and you watch as the arwings fight other ships and stuff right next to the great fox.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I really don't see customization much in Brawl. Honestly, I hope there is little to none at all. The Smash series would die out of you got to create your own stages and characters. You wouldn't play anywhere but your own stages, and use your own characters. Soon enough, people would find the best character moveset, and it would get around the internet, and there would be a million people using that same custom character.

Leave Smash to Nintendo developers only. That's what would make it the best.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea but it would be kool if you could play as your mii's (they have their own moves and shape the only thing custom would be their face and color).

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Yhea but it would be kool if you could play as your mii's (they have their own moves and shape the only thing custom would be their face and color).
I agree 100% there. Mii should definitely make the cut. Give them their moveset and standard body shape, but you get to customize their face. There's a DS platformer coming out soon that you get to draw your own character. Can't think of the name, but it looks wicked awesome and inovative.

The level in the new screens with pit in it looks like the Sky Temple from Twilight Princess.
I think that's the Pit level. The one with the break-away floors.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I agree 100% there. Mii should definitely make the cut. Give them their moveset and standard body shape, but you get to customize their face. There's a DS platformer coming out soon that you get to draw your own character. Can't think of the name, but it looks wicked awesome and inovative.

I think that's the Pit level. The one with the break-away floors.
We already know 2 of pits levels now (the one with those statues and the sky one aforementioned) and the games called drawn to life im quite interested in it actually and i think your actually able to draw part of some levels:lick: ... anyways back to smash um well pits sky stage seems interesting what with those breakable platforms and such but his other one with the statues looks a but bland.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I don't think so. I think it is very cool. That just might be me and my fascination with Greek culture talking, but I think it looks fun. Not to mention it is a platform stage, but not your typicalt hree platform stage... it actually reminds me a bit of the original Brinstar level.

I'm gonna agree with Dyce on the former part of his statement. I hope there is little to no customization at all. I want a game made by Nintendo, pure and simple. I think a feature that would be cool is if you had a color palette and you could create your own custom colored character instead of having four choices. That way you could have some more flavor to your character.

I absolutely do not want to see a Mii in Brawl unless it is getting shot. Screw Miis. They are cool for some games, but some... bleh.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
We only know one Pit level. The one with the giant statues is from the same series as the castle, as they both have the same flags on them. I'm 99% certain the level with the giant statues is a Fire Emblem stage.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Wasn't the one with the statues not inside a castle?
But anyways im saying it bland because its just like 3 platforms thats all but it would be kool if its a scrolling stage like the kid Icarus game.

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it's bland in any sense since any level with platforms adds many strategies. Also, the platforms collapse.

There's also a fine line between a non-bland level, and one that is just plain annoying.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I'm gonna agree with Dyce on the former part of his statement. I hope there is little to no customization at all. I want a game made by Nintendo, pure and simple. I think a feature that would be cool is if you had a color palette and you could create your own custom colored character instead of having four choices. That way you could have some more flavor to your character.
Thanks. And as for the color palette, that brings up a thing or two about a well known fighting series called Soul Calibur. They did the same thing in Soul Calibur III where you can customize the color of your favorite character's costumes. I think Nintendo should take a page from their book because SC3 was phenominal. Also, Link was in SC2. Nintendo did Namco a favor by letting Link be in their game. I think Namco owes Nintendo this time around. Let's put a Soul Calibur character in Brawl! Nightmare, IMO, would be great to play as, but he's a bit dark for Smash (though Snake is in, and he's in M rated games). Kilik, Yoshimitsu, and Nightmare would all fit great in Smash and represent SC properly. (Yoshimitsu would even represent Tekken at the same time.)

In short: Come on Namco, give us someone free of charge. (Because I still want Sonic and Megaman.)

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Regarding stages I hope we get a few more stages with many levels (Hyrule Palace springs to mind) and more stages featuring general insanity either on-stage or the BG... eye-candy or strategically relevant changes is always nice.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I hope they dont release another stage like the ice climber one and solid sneak i was talking about the one thats (apparently) inside the castle not the cloud one.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
@ Legolastom and Solid Sneak:
It's confusing when you two argue and have the same icon. One of you please change it? I say Sneak should, since Tom outranks you here.

ANYWAY... yea, I don't like the Icicle Mountain at all. Nor do I like Poke Floats. And I hate Big Blue with a passion. Rainbow Cruise, IMO, was the only good full motion course that was bareable.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
!! Big blue was one of my fave stages (jumping on the floor and then just appearing out of nowhere behind your opponent was classic legolastom).

And i joined in November and i started posting 3 days ago lol but anyway how many stages do you think each character is going to have or do you think that the amount of stages will be based on series? (E.G. Link has two stages but LOZ has 6 or something)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Actually they might just put more stages for the more popular fighters and less for the newcomers and maybe even none for some.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I believe(and I hope) that each character will at least have their own stage like snake for example
Yhea well each character should have a stage this time round and im looking forward to the new fire emblem characters (they have two stages already they cant not be in it) and i wonder what warios stage will be of...

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but on SmashBros.com in most of Pit's pictures and his special move pictures, he's probably on his own stage. I haven't seen any screen shots in the front of that one, excuse me if I'm wrong.

Edit: Sorry, last time I looked at the pictures the one I'm talking about was an X, but now it's a picture... if you know what I mean. I still think it's Pit's level (if that isn't more than obvious).

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Yea, it is Pit's stage. Totally obvious. We've never been told it was officially, but there's no doubt. Clouds, greek architecture... who else's could it be?

And as for every character getting at least one stage... there's no doubt in my mind that will be the case. If they gave Snake, a 3rd party guest, his own stage (and maybe even two) there should be no worry about every Nintendo character getting at least one.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hmmm... im curious about Samus aran's new stages... i hope they put one were you are on that spaceship at the beginning of Prime 1

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea true but you know how each one looks a bit different from the other (Look at the smb,smb2 and smw stages from melee) but seeing as they have a Mario kart stage you think they will make a level based off of any other spin offs?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I don't know if you guys noticed but it shows Snake's stage in the trailers. It shows him in the Lockout place where he is behind Link and it shows a close up of him at the helicopter place.

Top Bottom