• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

Legolastom

Smash Hero
You don't get warped you get carried on a big platform a bit like mute city... but much better.

Maybe they will do a part where your being carried along on one of those boats (Like in rainbow cruise).

GenG

Smash Lord
What I didn't like of Mute City was that you couldn't ledgegrab the main platform, thus most characters dieing in lame ways at minimal %. I expect this new platform to have ledges, I main Falcon and because that I ended hating my own homestage :dizzy:

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
Huh, this is the second mute city-type level we've seen (the first being the halberd, or so it seems). I'm sensing a theme.

So, Delfino Plaza. I actually can't believe I didn't think of this one, what with how much Sunshine was the 'theme' of most GCN-era Mario games. Next up: Luigi's Mansion

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hmmmm... i wonder how they will do Luigi's mansion (Maybe on the roof)

And the halberd isn't really like mute city its more like a stage with a moving back round and occasionally it lands on the halberd or something.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Scav or Mic or whoever's in charge of this thread needs to get on that. Update this thread NOWZORZ!

I'm personally looking forward to Delfino Plaza. So they fly you in and stop you off at random places. we know you'll stop at the fountain and in front of the statue, possibly on a few rooftops, hopefully on top of the tower with the big shine sprite, I'm guessing on the beach somewhere, possibly by the lighthouse, and then they'll cycle you through again.

I

i8waffles612

Delfino Plaza looks like a GREATTTTTT map!!! I never played Sunshine though..

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Decent game. You don't really need to pick it up. It was fun, but it wasn't really that long or big or hard... (heh heh heh)

Just play Delfino Plaza in Brawl, you'll get the same experience out of it.

Do you think they'll take you other places on the island? Like to the carnival? Or the sea port?

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
You never played Sunshine? That's too bad, I strongly suggest that you do. It wasn't as great as Super Mario 64, but if you're a Mario fan, it's still a must-play (in my book, anyway.)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I doubt they would take you anywhere out of the plaza But maybe a separate stage on ricco harbor would be nice.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Mmmm that level looks beautiful. I like the changing backgrounds / scenery in Brawl. They did it in Melee too but this is much more beautiful.

jb254

Smash Apprentice
This stage is really beautiful. I wasn't expecting Isle Delfino because Mario Sunshine is an old game, but it's a nice edition (Isle Delfino may appear in Mario Galaxy though).

It'll be cool if they put some residents in the background cheering, chanting a fighter's name, and making those shocked-crowd noises (maybe even throwing some items onto the field).

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'd rather have Pinna Park than Ricco Harbor, but...I'd much rather have some random new stage.

Oh, but Delfino Plaza does look pretty awesome. Can't wait to play there!

Oh, and mods....definitely ADD this stage to *confirmed* (as well as Battlefield, since that still isn't updated...)

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
And the halberd isn't really like mute city its more like a stage with a moving back round and occasionally it lands on the halberd or something.
True, but that sounds like more or less the same thing from a gameplay perspective: A main plaform that land on or goes to different parts of the stage (i.e. the ship). Guess we'll have to wait until the Halberd is put on the Brwal site to know for sure

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
The way Delfino Plaza is set up, it seems like the Halberd is going to act just the same. You can see in the videos how the Halberd level flies around and even docks on the ship.

I guess you can say both of these levels are like Mute City. Where there is one main platform but the bottom floor changes over time. When C. Falcon returns I'm sure we'll see another level like this.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I've really never played Mario Sunshine before but this stage looks beautiful, like someone mentioned already it will definatly be one of those moving stages like Mute City & Rainbow Cruise, my assuption about a new stage was indeed correct*phew*

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
This stage looks pretty cool. I'm guessing it will be similar to Mute City. I just hope that they make the platform slightly larger, and no obstacles running through the level either

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I couldn't imagine Delfino Plaza being anything but what it is. It's a tourist spot, and that's what our fighters our doing, taking a tour while having a brawl!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I just saw the new Isle Delfino stage a few minutes ago and it looks awesome to me. I personally can't wait to play in it. This is the info that is worth waiting for...or at least for me. This can easily hold me over until Monday.

Press22

Smash Journeyman
I think that stage is a good idea, but feels to me as one of those places that a tournament player as me wouldn't play at.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I thought of an isle Delfino stage before but i couldn't think of how they would implement it but this is great (I wonder how many parts it will visit).

Cloud360

Smash Rookie
Delfino Stage will definatly be FTW! I liked Mute City, but the whole care thing, I didn't care for, maybe in Delfino, there will be sludge thrown at you..?

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
I hope they reveal more stages, since it seems like stages actually give insight into possible characters, even if they don't reveal the characters themselves

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea and ike / Black knight have a much higher chance of being in this because they have a stage from their game (Castle look at the flags and and general waring theme).

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Maybe this will be shadow Mario / (and or) Baby bowser's home level.
Or maybe they are level hazards and throw sludge at you like said above.

I hope they reveal more stages, since it seems like stages actually give insight into possible characters, even if they don't reveal the characters themselves
True...It is sometimes a two for one deal.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
Like the apples from Green Greens, except in multiple forms like Bananas, Pineapples, Chili Peppers, Watermelons, etc. They can either heal you, be thrown, or explode! Yay random exploding fruit!

Personally, I don't see Shadow Mario in Brawl. He was just a tool used by Baby Bowser in that one game to frame Mario. Baby Bowser... maybe. I wouldn't mind him.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Delfino Plaza looks pretty cool.I wish it wasn't another one of those floating platform stages though.I would like to see you can select a stage and maybe one specific location to play on,such as choosing one side of the island.It could work for a few stages I suppose.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Why? its much better that way and the floaty stages in this look to be better than the melee ones (Bring back big blue!!).

And maybe baby bowser could transform into shadow Mario like Zelda into sheik

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I think the only way they could use Shadow Mario in the game would be to make him a clone of Mario. And to transform a clone of Bowser, into a clone of Mario, would just defeat the purpose of having them there in the first place. They aren't really original, and aren't that important.

Just have Baby Bowser. Give him an original moveset. Forget about Shadow Mario. But, maybe they could have him jumping on rooftops being chased by police in the background while you play Delfino Square. That would be neat.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea and sometimes he comes onto the stage and pushes people out of the way (Like the cars in onet)

Neiteio

Smash Cadet
The correct name of the new stage...

Just for the record, guys, the stage is officially named DELFINO PLAZA.

(NOT Isle Delfino, Delfino Isle, or Delfino Isle Plaza).

Just check the Stages section of Smash Dojo, where it's listed as Delfino Plaza. Or look at the title of its blog entry.

I'm just a stickler for getting names right. And to clarify, Isle Delfino is the island as a WHOLE. Delfino Plaza is its central town, where this stage takes place. Hence, Delfino Plaza.

Mmmkay?

That being said... I LOVE THIS STAGE! Back in Mario Sunshine, I'd have a blast flipping off tightropes and running across shingled rooftops. This stage looks like an exacting reproduction of the city. I can't wait to see Mount Corona in all its majesty, as I zip from one tourist hotspot to the next!

I strongly suspect this may be the main Mario stage. It'd be a nice change of pace to fight somewhere else other than Peach's Castle, in my opinion. I can't wait to hear their arrangement of the famous Delfino song!

- Neiteio

Top Bottom