• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Shadow Mario has little meaning in the Mario Games, however Bowser Jr. has played a very important roll in the series recently, starring in the #2 selling Gamecube game Super Mario Sunshine and the #1 selling DS game NEW Super Mario Bros (unless the Pokemon games already passed it). Shadow Mario has no point, he'd be Mario with Bowser Jr.=why have Mario. So to heck with Shadow Mario, Bowser Jr.=idc if he's in or not, bu he'd be neat.

Anyways, again I say w00t, Sakurai picked one of the best stages I could have imagine. Now all he needs to do is make a SMB.3 stage, and I'm set and in my happy place!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Maybe when your fighting near entrances to certain levels (Like the pipe on top of the roofs that takes you to the hotel) enemies from that level could pop up (Like boos when your fightin near that pip or bloopers when your on that harbor bit).

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Dunno if anyone else noticed, but there are yellow platforms jutting out from the shine tower that aren't there in the real game. Seems to me that on top of the shine tower is going to be one of the places to punch on.

Beastly.

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
Also, it looks like the big statue in the front plaza area is missing, so we'll probably be landing there, too.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Don't forget the Durians!

No more clones. Sakurai himself said some characters are going to be removed, and I'm 99% sure they are it. Clones are unoriginal. I want original characters, don't you?

soaz

Smash Ace
Why not but the good and popular clones should just be Luigified into the game like Falco and others.
i agree and i love delfino plaza its gona be fun playing on that stage and on all the new ones(gettin kinda tired of playing the same stages over and over again.Btw i dont know if some1 already brought this up but in ssbm pokemon stadium changes after a while then back then change then back(you get the point) pokemon stadium is confirmed in ssbb so will the changes be the same or different then the pokemon stadium from ssbm.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I definitely agree with you. I am getting kinda tired at fighting on Final Destination all the time. The only stage that interests me is my favorite stage...Kongo Jungle 64.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
I'm into great bay, corneria nd big blue. Hope they return as classic stages. :)

If you could have 5 stages from melee nd ssb64 return in brawl, which ones would u pik?
mine would be:

1.great bay
2. corneria
3. big blue
4. hyrule temple
5. mushroom kingdom from ssb64. (thought the pipes nd pow blocks were awesome)

soaz

Smash Ace
1.fod
2.kongo jungle the one with the clap traps
3.pokemon staidum
4.great bay
5.mute city

Neiteio

Smash Cadet
Are the Durians the conch-shelled people? Yea, I forgot all about them. They'd be cool throwable items. Like a hard hitting Mr. Saturn.
Ha! No no no, durians are a type of FRUIT. Namely, the spiny orange ball-like fruit you can kick around.

The conch-shelled people you're thinking of are the Noki. And the big rubbery people with the palm tree heads are called Piantas.

- Neiteio

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
In order from favorite to least:

Kongo Jungle 64
Peach's Castle 64
Planet Zebes 64
Saffron City 64
Hyrule Castle 64

The 64 stages were just better. Those are my favorite stages I want returned. Whoever said they wanted Battlefield to return...wish granted! It is already confirmed.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
oh i hated peach's castle 64, didn't resemble a castle at all.

out of interest, wot's everyone's least favorite stage in melee?

mine's fourside, ABSOLUTELY NO ROOM TO MANOUVERE

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^^^^
mushroom kingdom 2 from the n64? if i recall correctly there was only one...
Oh, yea that was Peach's Castle and Mushroom Kingdom. My bad. I like Mushroom Kingdom from SSB64.

It's not a particularly attractive fruit... by any means.
Looks like... a hedgehog that when you split it in half has baby birds inside it.
Yum my favorite...

oh i hated peach's castle 64, didn't resemble a castle at all.

out of interest, wot's everyone's least favorite stage in melee?

mine's fourside, ABSOLUTELY NO ROOM TO MANOUVERE
I like Fourside a lot actually. But it sucks if you're a Ness player. But rules if your character can walljump.

Least favorite?
Big Blue! Too much cautiously jumping around for your life and not enough fighting.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I want hyrule temple, but twisted around-so you can fight on the temple of time in the background.(its on the right.)

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
hey creo, i'm not blind. i was just conveying my negative feelings towards a stage called 'castle' when in fact u never stepped foot on a castle, so don't get all cocky on me.

Am i the only one that likes big blue? I thought it was awesome, full of adrenalin nd action. Agreed tho, u cwldnt really show off on it

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
everytime i go in a loop on bb i get sick. its unrealistic, anyway, because, if u jump, you should get left behind.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
ye i suppose, but cmon wot cwd be better than fightin someone on the backs of hundreds of ships at 2000km?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
hey creo, i'm not blind. i was just conveying my negative feelings towards a stage called 'castle' when in fact u never stepped foot on a castle, so don't get all cocky on me.

Am i the only one that likes big blue? I thought it was awesome, full of adrenalin nd action. Agreed tho, u cwldnt really show off on it
Okay I wasn't getting cocky. Sorry if I made you fell bad or angry. It was still a good stage by all means.
Big Blue sucks. It is for n00b players. I am not calling you ethan or anyone that likes it a n00b
but like Dyce said, there is no real fighting and you know a n00b, at first impression, they will absolutely love the stage.

Steven Hail

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone. I'm new here and I've used the search engine to find a thread where I can discuss Brawl stage ideas. And since this one was requested by others from what I've seen, I went here. Surely hope I'm in the right spot.

Okay, my stage is based off the battle between Kyogre and Groudon. The stage is set in a stormy ocean with several tall rock pillars as platforms. On one side would be Kyogre while on the opposite side is Groudon. The point of this stage would be to defeat your opponents while also trying not to be caught in the crossfire of these two behemoths. Kyogre would use several attacks like Hydro Pump or maybe Surf to create large tsunamis that may wash away the unfortunate soul who get in the way, maybe destroy some of the rock pillars. Groudon, on the other hand, may use Hyper Beam as a hazard that can be avoided by ducking (because jumping over it is a bad idea;)) He would also use Fissure or Earthquake to cause the entire arena to shake and some the pillars may crumble from it. The battle will continue on like this, until sky splits open and Rayquaza will come down to quell the fighting. His attack can either be Hyper Beam, which he will use to try blowing you all to kingdom come. Or Outrage: Rayquaza turns a flaming orange color and tries to knock you over by running through in different directions. This will happen for a brief moment of coarse, and soon the the three pokemon will leave thus making the scenery calm with a clear sky in the background. This will go on for a long period before the entire cycle repeats again.

So, how's the idea? Please tell me your opinions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Excuse me if this issue has already been discussed about before in this thread, I just don't want to look through 80 pages of posts to find out ;)
Anyways,

Yoshi's Island stage, seems like one of the better stages in my opinion!
Seems basic, simple, and average lengthed. And besides that, I bring up two potential possibilities:

Notice the semi-main difference between the two images? No, not the characters, that's why it's the "semi"-main. It's the platform on top, in the first picture it's tilted to the right, in the second, it's tilted to the left. So it's obvious that the platform isn't steady throughout gameplay.

So, does the platform tilt to the side of the character with the most weight? Such an example with the platforms on Mushroom Kingdom in Melee? Or does it just tilt randomly? IDK, seems like an interesting level to play on.
EDIT ^

Also in the first image, to the left of the screen, there looks like there's another small region where a player could land on. Sort of like the log in Kongo Jungle in Melee. Will the figure holding the tiny area eventually sprint down, and then show back later? Just thoughts to spring out upon!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Yea, I noticed that and put it up in my thread. I don't think it has to do with weight because I don't think Mario will weigh more than Snake. At least Snake will weigh the same as Mario, and I find that even unlikely.

What I find interesting is the look of the realistic characters on the cartoony background. This has nothing to do with the stage or gameplay, but I'm not going to lie, if I didn't see this scene in the trailer, I would have sworn it to be photoshopped.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea i know what you mean that looks so photo shopped and based upon that creatures nature in the game im presuming hes gonna act the same here.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
This has nothing to do with the stage or gameplay, but I'm not going to lie, if I didn't see this scene in the trailer, I would have sworn it to be photoshopped.
Yhea i know what you mean that looks so photo shopped and based upon that creatures nature in the game im presuming hes gonna act the same here.
I took a screen shot of the first image from the trailer myself, the second I found from the forum "Does Size Matter?". Even if it is cropped, the platform on the top is still tilted the other way, so I don't think it really matters.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
i wonder if youll be able to walljump off the blob thing thats holding that extra platform up, so if you fall down there you could make it back up...or if you just go through it.
Actually, if you look at the 'blob', it's transparent. So I think it acts like a ghost, holding up a solid platform. No walljumping there! :)
What an awesome level, no? XD

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
Actually, if you look at the 'blob', it's transparent. So I think it acts like a ghost, holding up a solid platform. No walljumping there! :)
What an awesome level, no? XD
...i though that in yoshis story, you couldnt pass throught them...oh well, i cant remember anything.

anyway, i think its pretty obvious (IMO) from the screens that we have that the platform isnt always going to be there...that its going to drop down every so often...so do you think it will move from side to side (not as in from one side of the main platform to the other)? maybe it will sway back and forth for a bit before dropping back down.

Top Bottom