• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Scav Hijack Again!

Normally I'm against tons of stickies, but since we have a confirmed character sticky, we should also have a repository for stage knowledge. The original post will be updated with new screens of any confirmed stages.

We'll be deciding soon how to handle these threads, but for now, speculate away on what we've seen. Threads involving unconfirmed stages should get their own speculation topic.

Get out of my post Scav!

Geez, how can you live this way? You've left pizza boxes and soda cans everywhere...

Hey, half of this trash is YOURS

I don't remember leaving that yaoi there...

I believe that was McFox's. Same with those Tentacle High videos.

Mario Circuit

Yoshi's Island

Yoshi's Island seems to be the only stage to go through varying seasons.

As I thought...

Entering Corneria atmosphere... NOW!
Actually, I believe I recognize Exatctly where that stage is from. It looks like the indoor portion of Mission 3 from Starfox Assault. I believe it's called the Sargasso Space Zone.
Shadow Moses/Alaska

Angel Land

Looks like Battlefield after a big redesign, but popular opinion is that this is a Kid Icarus level, what with the Greek pillars, the logo on the stone circle, ect.

Nintendo Power claims it's battlefield, but it's still not 100% confirmed.

Fire Emblem Castle Stage
Gamers battle both on top and inside the Daein Castle from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance as it's bombarded by catapult fire. ~Nintendo Power

This one's obvious, Metaknights ship. It appears that you fight inside the hanger on a platform

then the ship takes off

and the platform follows the ship, similar to Mute City in SSBM.

Also, the director was quoted as saying "Since Snake will be in Smash Bros. I'm going to be making new stages for him to have fun in the game." which means we will have at least one stage for him. And here's a pic of his stage, fresh from the Dojo.

Not a lot to go on for his stage really....

Those are great, but I can't wait to see if ther'll be a bowser's castle stage, or a better/more accurate zelda temple, smaller too.

1st post!

nookrulz

Smash Ace
Yeah, the one you said was Link's looked much like (EXCUSE ME FOR THE MASSIVE BRAIN FART HERE) that place where Link pulled out the Master Sword during OoT.

Banned via Administration
There's also the stage of the giant castle, aka Hyrule temple, that looks like it's being sieged.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
The metaknight one reminds me of a sonic airship.

Also the hyrule castle pan shot looks like the stage is sideways. Sorry campers!

KaNif

Smash Cadet
so wait.. on the stage with the metaknight ship, can you go onto the ship too? or is it just background? looks like the platform moves around, so maybe its got one of thoe rainbow cruise deals where you gotta keep moving? i dont know. anyways, wouldnt it be badass if they had a level editor in the game? prolly not gonna happen, but just a thought.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
The style of the castle seems more reminiscent of Fire Emblem than Zelda. But considering the new material's probably based on TP, there's really no tellling for certain.

Still, it just says, Fire Emblem to me.

Blind

Honorbound
I would also like to point out a few things.

With Nintendo adopting a more open stance on characters in the game, that likewise indicates a greater variety of level. I am incredibly optimistic on the variety. Besides new character stages, I think we can also expect increased numbers of stages regarding existing characters. In short, we will NOT be bored.

So... Nintendo wins?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Resting_Fox said:
The style of the castle seems more reminiscent of Fire Emblem than Zelda. But considering the new material's probably based on TP, there's really no tellling for certain.

Still, it just says, Fire Emblem to me.
you know how in TP hyrule is like invaded by the darkness or something, I think it's the TP hyrule castle

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
The first picture is Battfield I'm thinking - look at the very bottom of the stage. Also, nookrulz, you're thinking of the Temple of Time. :p

co_and_me

Smash Lord
I dont think that temple or castle looks much like a stage. Atleast not the way its staged in the picuters. I think they would have to use the castle wall or something. I just dont see it working with being up on the castle and fighting on level ground. I think the metanight thing looks like it will be 2 stages. 1 maybe like venom or corneria and 2 is the flatter one.

-West Coast Wes-

Smash Journeyman
Looks to me that on metaknights stage, a char like marth CANT reach thru..

he could on both left and right sides. but pause and look closely. Those sides are his only change. I think they did this on purpose. Why else does the stage dip down in the middle?

Also looks like that stage "metaknights stage" will change around a bit. From the movie it shows a form without any platforms.

All I know is that the main temple like stage is beautiful.. T_T

xianfeng

Smash Hero
co_and_me said:
I dont think that temple or castle looks much like a stage. Atleast not the way its staged in the picuters. I think they would have to use the castle wall or something. I just dont see it working with being up on the castle and fighting on level ground. I think the metanight thing looks like it will be 2 stages. 1 maybe like venom or corneria and 2 is the flatter one.
I think the metaknight one is like the mario one with the ship and the level moves on (sorry i never play that level :p) but better and it will move around and change

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
Judging by the large forest area next to the castle picture, I'm tempted to say that it's Hyrule Castle... likely from Twilight Princess. It has that darker, grittier feel that Twilight Princess gives off. And the drawbridge with high walls screams it at me.

I mean, we -did- already fight atop the castle once before. A second arena would be like a nod to the original SSB's Zelda arena.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
JediNaruto said:
Judging by the large forest area next to the castle picture, I'm tempted to say that it's Hyrule Castle... likely from Twilight Princess. It has that darker, grittier feel that Twilight Princess gives off. And the drawbridge with high walls screams it at me.

I mean, we -did- already fight atop the castle once before. A second arena would be like a nod to the original SSB's Zelda arena.
yeah we fought on top of hyrule castle from OoT in SSB, and on top of Peach's Castle from SM64 in SSBM so a castle roof type level for SSBB wouldn't be weird

Kais

Smash Ace
In light of the "castle under attack", I have strong beliefs that it's a Zelda stage. I mean, by the time SSBB comes out, we will have all beaten TP and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a goblin(?) attack on Hyrule.

On another note, ZOMG the Wii control style for TP looks sooooo good! All of my fears have been quelled.

~Kais

Johnmazz84

Smash Rookie
If you watch the movie, during the part where this stage is shown:
http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/4916iA7vX/865507.jpg
There are cannons shooting. Imagine if the stage is destructable, so when the cannons hit, they blow off part of the castle. So while your playing in that level, the level itself is slowly being destroyed by cannon fire until there is only a few platforms left to stand on. Sounds cool, though I dont have any proof, the cideo doesnt show that for sure.

mathos

Smash Champion
This level is clearly from zelda. If you pause it near the end when snake is coming out of the box, and look at teh concrete thing behind where the characters are battling you can see a triforce. Just to let you know :)

F8X

Smash Ace
Lets just hope that the Pokémon stages do not Suck.
Any way that metaknight stage, Would it be banned in tornimant play because it looks like another Mute City(no real ledges)?

It looks like another Mute City IMO and I understand That it did not come out yet

mathos

Smash Champion
It wouldn't be banned because it doesn't have edges. But you can't tell if stages have ledges until you play on them.

Card

Smash Lord

I can't believe no one figured that this stage could also be from Kid Icarus?
That level, in my mind, instantly reminds me of Kid Icarus Stage 4 "The Palace in the Sky". Columns, Clouds, Trees, Vines wrapped around those columns, as well as some broken pillars (since Medusa had taken over)

I can totally imagine it having the Stage 4 Palace in the Sky music as well; http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/nes/KIst4.mid
They showed Meta-Knights stage, so why not Pits?

mathos said:
This level is clearly from zelda. If you pause it near the end when snake is coming out of the box, and look at teh concrete thing behind where the characters are battling you can see a triforce. Just to let you know :)

That does NOT look like a Triforce. It appears to be a Half-Sun Icon, which also ties into my Kid Icarus Theory (You know, all the Myths about Icarus and the Sun; as well as since in the game you actually start off in the underworld and "climb" to the palace in the sky. I know its not the best of quality screenshot, but you can tell if you watch that its not a Triforce, especially since there is a circle in the center....

I could be wrong, but its definitly a possibility!

mathos

Smash Champion
Well I thought it would be a triforce above a rising sun. Kinda like in Lake Hylia in Ocarina of Time. But I could be wrong, especially the more I look at it.

Nice job on the screenshot.

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
The stages look so freaking awesome!!!
Give me this game now!!! I'm going crazy!!! Just woke up, see a new section for the new smash, watched the trailer. HAODUIFHLWIEHROIAUDYFLAHF! Too much excitement!
So far, from the trailer, this game is defenitely teh pure nintendo sex!
Beautiful!

Zink

Smash Champion
I think that castle looks very Fire Emblem. TP castle IMO isn't under attack because it has already been taken over by the twilight, so there's no need to attack it. Also TP twilight atmosphere looks kind of sooty and grainy. This looked more like a stormy evening. It looks a lot more FE to me.

Xelyst

-_-
Kid Icarus level. where ever it may be from it looks like a new BF w/out the risky edges. looks good

Top Bottom