• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Id like to see a level with that anti gravity thing like in battlefield against the wireframes may be not in proffesional play but for fun. The combos! THE COMBOS!

Etra

Smash Cadet
IVP said:
SSB Past stages:
DL64
Links stage (don't remember the name)
Corneria 64
Donkey Kongs stage (don't remember the name)
Yoshis Island 64
I really liked the Pokemon stage from SSB. I wish they would put it back in. :s

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
That would be cool. They should make more Trophy stages also, but make them playable (ex, trophie tussle, then get the trophy and stage at the same time) and also, id like to see all nintendo things as a stage. Gameboy, DS, 64, NES, its all good!

IVP

Smash Ace
primusfan said:
Oh man, I love that idea. But this game is gonna be for Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii so they probably wont do that.
Why not?

Dream Land 64 is for Nintendo 64 so it wouldn't be in SSBM, but it was.

primusfan

Smash Ace
IVP said:
Why not?

Dream Land 64 is for Nintendo 64 so it wouldn't be in SSBM, but it was.
Yeah, but those stages were from SSB64. They were already made. I just don't think they'll create a whole new stage based on a Gamecube when the game is for Wii.

IVP

Smash Ace
primusfan said:
Yeah, but those stages were from SSB64. They were already made. I just don't think they'll create a whole new stage based on a Gamecube when the game is for Wii.
:confused: Aren't we talking about the Game Cube stage, or what??

primusfan

Smash Ace
IVP said:
:confused: Aren't we talking about the Game Cube stage, or what??
Sorry what I meant was DreamLand 64 and all the other classic stages that they put in from 64 to Melee were already made. I don't think they're gonna make a whole new stage on top of a Gamecube just for a game thats for Wii.

MarkII

Smash Cadet
The map with Link and Mario is from the game Twilight Princess. Does anyone remember that time when E3 showed us the pic of Link and Ganondorf sword fighting? Because the background on that pic looks like the background on the map I'm talking about.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, I'm pretty sure that is a Fire Emblem level (the one where Link D-airs Mario). The reason is because of the banners in the back. And on the platform where he lands. Those are all FE-ish insignias.

As for me, I would really like to see a level that slowly transforms...like it starts out with Final Destination, but the sides slowly disappear, and platforms begin to appear and it becomes Battlefield. And then it could turn into something else. Who knows, it's up to Nintendo.

burrito

Smash Lord
Here is th Daien crest from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance:

Can anyone tell if that's the same crest on the flags in the castle?

Edit: Nevermind, it isn't the same crest, but I have realized that the symbol on the flags are the same in the outside castle area and the inside area. So, they're probably part of the same level.

burrito

Smash Lord
The symbol on the ripped flag is really easy to see here:

Also, if you look closely, it looks just like the symbol on the falg in this screenshot:

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
Yep, they're the exact same flags. Looks like I was right about it being the same stage. Sweet. Good job with the screens burrito.

burrito

Smash Lord
Yeah, it is obviously not the Daien crest, but I still think the level looks very Fire Emblem-ish. The symbol probably comes from some of the older Fire Emblem games.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
I'm one for more fun stages. Sure a few tournament friendly stages are nice, but I'd like more creative ones for when I want to have some silly free for alls. SSBM didn't have enough of that imo, most of them were quite...bad.

rasengan15

Smash Cadet
you have hyrule, peach's castle, so why not...

BOWSER'S CASTLE

i think that would be nice...

also, SSBB needs to bring back saffron, the mario stage with the pipes...

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gahh...I thought SSBM had too many ****ty stages, like Flatzone...then again, I find FFAs to be the dumbest crap ever, and every single one makes me want to kill myself a little more. I hope this game has a LOT of stages. Specifically ones like Pokemon Stadium. PS is simply the top pick for a Past Stage. It is fair, and it has that SSBM feel.

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
I don't care what stages they make, just let them come in BIG numbers.
I've always wondered how a stage with no platforms would be. Like....always falling in the sky...this infinite fall in "zero gravity".

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
I did think about that, but if we can't attack...can't someone hit us so we're back on the fight again?
Never really tried this in Melee.

Office_Shredder

Smash Ace
If everyone's falling the whole time, will fox or jigglypuff be the one who dies because he doesn't fall at the right speed?

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
I reckon the castle is most definitely something from Fire Emblem. I don't see how it is Hyrule as Ganon really never used Calapults to seige a castle before. Meta-knight's ship looks awesome though. THe area that looks like Battlefield is probably Pit's map.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
My comments on the viewed stages

OMG yesh! another mute city stage I cant wait.........

Um I dont think pit's stage is that simple unless the people took that reuqest,It is a little to basic there must be somthing up theyre sleeve!

The castle is uhhhh a fire emblem stage?Hope its renais cuz I like ephraim!although guy is better so guy for top tier!

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Office_Shredder said:
If everyone's falling the whole time, will fox or jigglypuff be the one who dies because he doesn't fall at the right speed?
We're overthinking this, I think it would be like there's a platform (basically) except you're always in your falling animation and all you can do is aerials. You can DI left and right. There will be regular ceilings, and you can use your second jump to get over enemies. In short, you lose your first jump, and if you airdodge, you have to wait till someone hits you for you to be able to fight again. Your sheild would not work, there would be no wding. I dunno, this the level as I see it.

burrito

Smash Lord
Eternal_Samus said:
I wish that they had a course from Marth from the later fire emblem. Or one from wherever Snake is used since he is in the game.
huh? What are you talking about?

Office_Shredder

Smash Ace
sheepyman said:
We're overthinking this, I think it would be like there's a platform (basically) except you're always in your falling animation and all you can do is aerials. You can DI left and right. There will be regular ceilings, and you can use your second jump to get over enemies. In short, you lose your first jump, and if you airdodge, you have to wait till someone hits you for you to be able to fight again. Your sheild would not work, there would be no wding. I dunno, this the level as I see it.
If I airdodge under my opponent, can my opponent get to me? How do you change elevation to go down?

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Oops, didn't see this topic earlier >_> Guess I shouldn't have made my own. Anyway:

Metal Gear Stage in SSBB Confirmed.
Well, not exactly a stage with Metal Gears, but a stage specific to Snake.
http://wii.qj.net/Sakurai-Talks-Snake-in-SSBB-MGS4-and-Game-Philosophy/pg/49/aid/39048

"Since Snake will be in Smash Bros. I'm going to be making new stages for him to have fun in the game."

Cool thing is, he said it in plural. Maybe two stages like most characters had in SSBM?

Nite

Smash Champion
I think that that stage could most likely be a Fire Emblem stage because they didn't have a stage for the Marth or Roy on Melee, so I think that it is a definite possibility. I think that Ippius made a good point about Hyrule never being attacked by catapults, just because nobody does that anymore. Fire Emblem is farther back in the past, so I could see that happening a lot easier than I could at Hyrule Castle.

EclipseWebJS

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if there's going to be a Giygas level? Where you can fight in front of the "Devil's Machine" from Earthbound?

Maxorz

Smash Rookie
i want to see just some neutral, not based on character maps, like a field, a snowy area outside a small cottage, or just something plain

Top Bottom