• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

killbeast301

Smash Lord
a level with some big circles as platforms that you get attracted to (magnetically or something) and you could stand on the bottom of the circle, and you have to jump between the circles, they would be moving slowly, you could get KO'd off any side. gravity would be much lower too. You fight in the air or on the circle, spikes become less usefull, and characters with good airiels would own.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
dsk said:
I'd trade the Dmg Ratio for Gravity ratio

yay, high gravity...
impossible star KOs.... nice
*Imagines Marth Upthrow Chaingrabbing Jigglypuff*

dsk

Smash Cadet
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

lol
can't wait *cries*

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, I have only read the first and last page, but this is what I wanted to add to the topic:

I hope that they will use the "Kirby Arrives on the Scene" song when fighting on the Halberd stage, since that song is very cool and it fits in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, remixed of course then.

Furthermore, in Melee, 3 classic N64 stages returned on it. What classic stages can we expect to see in SSBB? I hope to see Mute City, Pokemon Stadium and the stage with the Super Mario World blocks and the Super Mario Bros. 3 music from Melee, and for the N64 the 3 already found in Melee and the Hyrule level from SSB.

Can't wait to find out more about the SSBB stages, perhaps we shall see Luigi's Mansion as a stage?

EDIT: This is my 1337 message.

D

Deleted member

I'd love to see some stages based on Golden Sun.

Perhaps a level where you're fighting on Gaia Falls, or in a Lighthouse.

WR3K

Smash Ace
some cool stages, mostly zelda

traveling up/ on top of tower of the gods from wind waker

maybe a mario cart race way stage? with zooming carts like in mute cuty?

inside hyrule castle with the giant link statue from wind waker

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
I thought of that too. The game needs a stage from Wind Waker. The Tower of the Gods would be perfect. Fighting on top of the huge tower looking over the sea, the Overworld music playing in the background. That would be sweet.

Another one from Wind Waker could be area where you fight Ganon in the end. Water pouring down and everything.

Humpski

Smash Rookie
This game needs a retro looking Metal Gear level with the gaurd in the back saying, "I feel asleep."

Sweet_Sacrilege

Smash Rookie
Grmo said:
I'm thinking that a level with merely numerous platforms rather than one main one would be really fun.

It would be interesting, to be sure. And some characters would be screwed. But I would love to see a board like that.

This is really pushing it and I'll probably be bashed left and right, but what about a level with only clouds. Like on the n64 version of 'Yoshi's Island.'

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
A level with only clouds pushing it?You,my friend,have yet to see poke' floats.However,if the clouds were smaller,faster,did not repeat,and had awesome movement patterns,it would work.

You joined a year ago and this is only your first post?

Sweet_Sacrilege

Smash Rookie
Falco&Victory said:
A level with only clouds pushing it?You,my friend,have yet to see poke' floats.However,if the clouds were smaller,faster,did not repeat,and had awesome movement patterns,it would work.

You joined a year ago and this is only your first post?

I actually hadn't even thought of Poke floats, but those clouds are still solid. I suppose the 'pushing it' would be the fact that the clouds start disappearing after you stand on them for a few seconds. It would make for an interesting match. Especially if the clouds were smaller.

Yes, a year. I suppose I've been lurking. For a loooong time. That and for a short time I forgot that I was even registered.

Impp

Smash Ace
I don't want to read through 12 pages on 56K, so if these were mentioned sorry.

A tetris stage: Like you're on the bottom half of the Tetris screen, and can be knocked out on both sides and abpve, while Tetris pieces slowly fill up the screen. You get messed up if one lands on you. And their direction, and rotaion can be influenced if you hit them. Maybe this can tweaked to be changed to a Dr. Mario stage.

A Duck Hunt Stage: Updated realistic graphics; Like in a wooded marsh area. Very scenic and all. You can jump on tree branches as platforms. Ducks appear in the background, then a target appears. It flashes a second before it fires, then lets out three rounds. If you get in between the target and the duck, you get messed up. The duck of course always gets away, because it's a family game and all. Then that **** dog laughs at you.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
These are some pretty cool ideas.What about a stage where bumbers circle the level,and to die you had to be hit in between them?It would be annoying though.Also,in refernce to Snake,a level where You play on mgs2's ending level,and at periodic times a Metal Gear Ray shoots missle or something.

TTemp

Smash Journeyman
I know a lot of people didn't like MP2; Echoes, but I thought the concept with Dark Aether would make a good level. Little bubbles of light that you had to stand in in order to not take damage from the harmful atmosphere. But unlike echoes, the damage would be similar to when a character is no longer visible on stage; 1% every 1.5 seconds or so. That's not the only reason for the idea though. I love the background textures and just the general look ofDark Aether. And once in a while, Quadraxis (giant 4-legged robot boss) could wander by for added visual effect. Maybe he could fire stuff, i don't really know. Just some thoughts.

X_Arre

Smash Cadet
Impact crater......

Like Brinstar depths, except instead of Kraid it would be Metroid Prime in the background, and she would occasionally fire beams and missiles and fireballs onto the stage, and blast little grouts in the battle area, like in the game, only these would be deeper.
It could be a scrolling level, After a minute or so, Metroid Prime would roll into the fighting area, and damage people in her way. Then the ground would crumble, and everyone falls into a different area, with different terrain features and hazards (Phazon pits, giving out a steady stream of damage).
Of course they'd show some "artistic liscence" and add some platforms and such to the field to avoid a blank playing area. Metroids could come in as interactive enemies, and could grab people and give them a little damage.

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
Sweet_Sacrilege said:
I actually hadn't even thought of Poke floats, but those clouds are still solid. I suppose the 'pushing it' would be the fact that the clouds start disappearing after you stand on them for a few seconds. It would make for an interesting match. Especially if the clouds were smaller.

Yes, a year. I suppose I've been lurking. For a loooong time. That and for a short time I forgot that I was even registered.
Maybe instead of little moving clouds, you could have a level from Sky Land in Super Mario Bros 3. The little fast moving clouds could instead be the flying beetles you have to jump on, and if you stay on too long, you fall. That might be a bit more interesting than a bunch of fast tiny clouds...

burrito

Smash Lord
I think he means that the clouds dissapear after standing on them for a bit. Just like in Yoshi's level. It would force everyone to keep moving.

TTemp

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but you run the risk of being like Poke Floats; no edges, repetitive, and annoying. I like the idea, but I think that somewhere along the line there should be edges and maybe some solid ground.

FoolyCooly

Smash Cadet
MeleeMan said:
I thought of that too. The game needs a stage from Wind Waker. The Tower of the Gods would be perfect. Fighting on top of the huge tower looking over the sea, the Overworld music playing in the background. That would be sweet.

Another one from Wind Waker could be area where you fight Ganon in the end. Water pouring down and everything.
If this makes it in, I will be as giddy as a schoolgirl on LSD.

TTemp said:
I know a lot of people didn't like MP2; Echoes, but I thought the concept with Dark Aether would make a good level. Little bubbles of light that you had to stand in in order to not take damage from the harmful atmosphere. But unlike echoes, the damage would be similar to when a character is no longer visible on stage; 1% every 1.5 seconds or so. That's not the only reason for the idea though. I love the background textures and just the general look ofDark Aether. And once in a while, Quadraxis (giant 4-legged robot boss) could wander by for added visual effect. Maybe he could fire stuff, i don't really know. Just some thoughts.
Same reaction. LSD + Schoolgirl + Giddy

I always thought TalTal Heights from Link's Awakening should've been in it. link's Awakening is one of the best Zelda games, and TalTal Heights had fantastic music (This is a good example - Taken from that fansite I know we've all seen)
I think it could be kind of like so:
Moderately flat level with little ridges here and there (kinda like Yoshi's Island in melee). Boulders bounce from the mountain downwards that can slam into players for damage and stun. Perhaps in the background, Turtle Rock is there and sometimes he blows fire. Or, instead, the King Eagle would sometimes fly to one side of the level and start flapping his wings and blowing the players ala Whispy Woods, but stronger and his feathers fly off and do damage.

As for moving levels, I'm a fan of them so I always tried to think of new ones. My idea was a Star Fox based level, and after Assault came out I found the perfect idea:
Your party is fighting on top of one of Oikanny's battleships in the battle above Fortuna. AS you fight, the Cornerian ships will fire lasers at the battleship, damaging anyone they hit, but also destorying the ship. Your party starts to freefall through space (carried from the momentum of the explosion) until they land on anohter battleship. The new battleship might be a differnet size, or facing a different direction, or even be at an angle so that your party fights on a slope or something. The battleship appearances could be totally random, and if you miss the ship after the fall, you get KO'd. Obviously there should be a guaranteed safespot for the fall, most likely the center, that everyone could fight over while they're flying towards the new ship.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
You know what would be really cool? If there were all the new levels, and then there were options at the bottom to go to the Melee stage selection and the SSB stage selection. That way we could access all the levels without it taking up much space on the screen.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I'm really looking forward to the Halberd Stage... I'm psyched to see it so amazingly rendered. ^_^ I remember thinking it was cool in Kirby Superstar, and now this. I'm keeping my pawfingers crossed for incredibly interactive stages.

RuleBritannia

Banned via Administration
Falco&Victory said:
That kind of reminds me of Rainbow cruise.On the topic of levels,i pray to god they take out Icicle Mountain,or make the screen boundary larger.
I think they should make an actual mountain to fight on - with avalanches.

dorkandproudofit

Smash Cadet
I'm thinking they should have another F-Zero level. Like the Long Pipe level in GX. The camera would be aimed at the back of the racers, and the characters would fight on top. The racers would occasionally move to the ceiling, dropping any player on them and possibly KO'ing them. Oh, and maybe the occasional racer/platform would crach into an obstacle and KO everyone on it...

TTemp

Smash Journeyman
I like the dea of the mountain fight. Gives Nintnedo to makea completely new and original stage. Halberd=amazing, I hope. The SSBM and SSB menu idea sound really good, and a nice way to take up less space, and have more maps. maybe a tab menu or something once you finish at the character selection screen? Icicle Mountain, I don't want it fixed, I want it gone.

dorkandproudofit

Smash Cadet
TTemp said:
Icicle Mountain, I don't want it fixed, I want it gone.
I believe that is something everyone can agree upon.

On the other hand, the stationary Ice Climbers mentioned earlier (with avalanches) would be pretty interesting, but why not make it even cooler (get it?) by adding in a vulture like the one in the original Ice Climbers NES game? It would occasionally swoop down and attempt to pick up a character on the stage, and carry them off-screen, KO'ing them. That would be AWESOME!

Visual

Smash Cadet
If they put Wart in the game *crosses fingers*, they should make a level with the pipes that puke veggies.

JmcShocker14

Banned via Administration
dorkandproudofit said:
From what the screen shots show, most of them seem to be pretty darn big.
Well the backrounds seem to be large but i'm talking about the ground the characters will walk on. Hyrule temple is a good example

Sweet_Sacrilege

Smash Rookie
burrito said:
I think he means that the clouds dissapear after standing on them for a bit. Just like in Yoshi's level. It would force everyone to keep moving.

Yeah, I just liked the idea of the clouds disappearing and forcing everybody to jump around. The really fun/frustrating part comes when you jump off of your owm cloud because its disappearing, only to find that the cloud you jump to next is already beginning to disappear because somebody else was on it. Perhaps its more trouble than its worth.

dorkandproudofit

Smash Cadet
Sweet_Sacrilege said:
Yeah, I just liked the idea of the clouds disappearing and forcing everybody to jump around. The really fun/frustrating part comes when you jump off of your owm cloud because its disappearing, only to find that the cloud you jump to next is already beginning to disappear because somebody else was on it. Perhaps its more trouble than its worth.
That kind of problem is what made Big Blue so much fun in Melee, albeit with F-Zero machines instead of clouds. I don't claim to be a combat master (heck, I can't even beat a lvl 7 bot, let alone wavedash)but dealing with changes in terrain is a good skill in a fight.

dorkandproudofit

Smash Cadet
Why not make a level of Luigi's Mansion? The ghosts would be in the background, but would occasionally come into the foreground and either "scare" (shieldstun someone) or "possess" (cause controls to be messed up) players. What do you guys think?

Top Bottom