• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

Black Metal

Smash Cadet
They need a stage with some kind of teleporting pads or something similar. If Sonic is in the game they should have Green Hills in it.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
The warp pipes were hard to use in ssb64 : ( Believe me,i have died countless times trying to go through them in near-death situations.Also,even if you did get them to work,you may not go where you want to.Perhaps a level with corresponding teleporters on platforms that are consantly moving.No ground,no break,all skill.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
dotdotdot! posted about a stage that was a complete sphere, that didn't spin. All gravity is inward towards the stage, so it would be relatively difficult to KO people.

I think this stage would be incredible fun. Right up with Dr. Mario's pill bottle.

If you don't understand the concept, think back to Raphael the Raven, and boss on Yoshi's Island. Except the stage wouldn't spin.

kmkzSP1K3R

Smash Apprentice
then the only way to KO soembody is either up or to the side at around 300% damage...cuz centripetal force(im learning this is physics right now...i hate physics) will force you back to the center even at great speeds...so if you're on a sphere with gravity pulled to the center...it'd be a real challenge to knock someone off to the side...

but then there'd be no meteor smashing/spiking posssible in a stage like that...(me sad) oh well i just wouldnt play on it.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
That's the whole point though. It would be a completely different stage. A stage NOT designed to be used in tournaments. It would just be FUN, which I consider to be important.

MewMewKachooTwo

Smash Apprentice
McFox's Dead Body said:
dotdotdot! posted about a stage that was a complete sphere, that didn't spin. All gravity is inward towards the stage, so it would be relatively difficult to KO people.

I think this stage would be incredible fun. Right up with Dr. Mario's pill bottle.

If you don't understand the concept, think back to Raphael the Raven, and boss on Yoshi's Island. Except the stage wouldn't spin.
I love that idea. Though I'd want it not to be perfectly round, but outcroppings and pits on all sides. Oh, might gety confusing though. Like, when you're upside down, are the directional controls inverted or do they stay the same? Hehe!

-Anyone ever play "Mischief Makers" for the N64? Remember the fight with Cerberus Alpha? The Wolf? When you were moving at high speeds, and fighting?

I'd like to see a stage like that. Where everybody is moving at high speed (sliding, falling, etc.) yet fighting like normal! (with cool effects, like dust trails from the running/sliding/falling/etc.)

-Since Snake is in, add the freighter from MGS2. Make it rain, too! <3 (slippery!)

-Add a layered level! You know how you can enter the dark world in some link games? Make it like that! People in the alternate world look like shadows, and can only hit other shadows! Hmm...nah, bad idea. I'll leave it so somebody can add to it.

-Add a balancing stage. You know like some platforms in "Rainbow Cruise"? Only make the ENTIRE STAGE like that! Would that be trippy or what? No edge guarding, or you'll fall off first! <3

That's all for now. I'll post more if I think of anything! :laugh:

Edit: What about that pirate ship from Mario 64? The one that rocked back and forth? That'd be fun, too!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
MewMewKatchooTwo said:
-Add a balancing stage. You know like some platforms in "Rainbow Cruise"? Only make the ENTIRE STAGE like that! Would that be trippy or what? No edge guarding, or you'll fall off first! <3
Wow. I love idea a lot. This stage would be incredibly fun.

Zink

Smash Champion
But it'll be in the game over my dead body. Imagine the annoyingness if you were about to spike someone and a platform swung under them, saving them.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I understand your concern,but to a classic meteor smasher like me,they would have no chance.If they did survive,i would go down and meteor smash them again.Or,you could simply smash them up.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I am an excellent edge gaurder,which is how i get 85% of my KO's,but i think a level without ledges would be a little out of hand.One would simply stand at an edge and hit an enemy up.No edge hogging,no dropping of the edge and jumping back up to avoind edge gaurds,no return.I would love it,but my friends would get pissed.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
these are all nice ideas, but i think we should:
1. keep things real
2. make the fair
3. make them FUN.
4. make them fair.

i think a stage like Hotel Demfino from SMS would be awesome, or a place that looks like:

___|___________________________________________________________________|___

the two |'s would mark the death box thing, so there is no edgeguarding at all.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
More Pokestages, and also, Maybe airship from Mario, or just a Mario thing in the clouds, like from NES where you are just in the clouds grabbing coins with not one to bother you.

odinm4gick

Smash Apprentice
I would love one of the air moving stages from mario 3, where there is little spaces to jump to and the screen keeps moving right.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know that one castle stage could be from Twilight Princess. I mean there where no Fire Emblem characters in the intro movie so why would there be a stage of them? It's more likely from Twilight Princess. I guess all of you checked out some pictures of that game huh? I dunno if you all saw the same movie as I but you saw that scene in that movie where Link has to fight a knight riding on a horse in some kind of castle level, that castle could be the one. Wait im gonna try searching this now.

Ok I've found it. The movie is about how Link chases a goblin which rides a sort of warthhog.
I tried to print screen them from the movie but thats nearly impossible with this homosexual computer so...

Still Im not quitte sure if I found the right one.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I loved it too.In fact,owning an illegally downoaded n64 emlator,i am playing it rigth now.I must say,simply superb,simply superb.However,it was harder to smash in the 64version.BYE BYE PIKACHU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zink

Smash Champion
Back to the castle, I'm sure it's an FE castle. Hyrule Castle would not be under seige- gannondorf has better methods of taking over. It is also very much in the FE architectural style and theme, with the rainclouds and epic feel.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Zink said:
It is also very much in the FE architectural style and theme, with the rainclouds and epic feel.
Exactly. Hyrule Castle would look much brighter and happier.

And while I'm talking about brighter, has anyone noticed that the only level that looks bright and happy is the one at the beginning? Where Snake comes out of the box at the end of the trailer? The other ones look much darker.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I don't think the castle under siege looks too gloomy. And the inside-castle stage is obviously going to be gloomy: It doesn't have windows and is apparently lit by torches. ;)

... There will be plenty of Dream Lands and Yoshi Stories in SSBB, I think.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Since I am the best poster in this forum in terms of quality per post, I exclude myself to read everything that has been stated in this thread. With that said, I shall give you all a treat, a new level design!!!!

You're thinking, "Wait, that's not very creative at all! Even my very poor insight can see that!"

But wait! The stage morphs into an even better design!

So I reposted my picture, so what?

Black Metal

Smash Cadet
anyone think the halberd stage is gonna be cool. I hope it works out, but i hope big blue & rainbow cruise are still there more.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Black Metal said:
anyone think the halberd stage is gonna be cool. I hope it works out, but i hope big blue & rainbow cruise are still there more.
Let's quit the chit chat and talk about what really matters: why you ignored my post.

How dare you!

Yeah, that's all I got.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
what do you people mean by an area with no "ledges", does this mean peopl ecan't grab onto the edge or what? I don't understand :( OH well I'm still lookin gforward to the new levels to much. I read through over half of this thread then just gave up and skippe dthe the end :D Hopefully they'll have a bowser level, that would rock.

Baron_54

Smash Apprentice
We need something that will affect gameplay significantly... the air and water stages would be cool, the air being you falling and only being able to be knocked out from the sides, or maybe trying to get on clouds, the water stage being like it, but slower, with sharks, submarines, etc. A Wii sports stage would be cool, like the Pokemon Stadium one, with different types of sports emerging and being potentially dangerous.
A Disaster: Day of Crisis stage would be interesting too, volcanoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, etc...

Top Bottom