• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
In my opinion we're going to need at least one more FE stage... Something specific. That or a brand new Hyrule Castle stage.
I'm too hoping that their will be another FE stage, and a new Hyrule Castle stage (the one in Melee was crap). But the way Nintendo are going, I think they'll do both, Nintendo are going all out with this one.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Well it really looks like that Nintendo is trying to grab that 'market leader' title this time around (albeit with unconvention), so they will really want to satisfy *everyone*.

Keeping those core-gamers in mind, it makes sense for them to really give them something to MAKE those people want the system.

I think Smash will be one of those creations, just as Metroid will be.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
I didn't hear "the one in melee was crap"....
That did not pass through my ears. Hyrule was uniquely huge and unkillable and they need at least one like that. It was a big part of the game really. Remember the early days "Oh,this levels huge!!! WII" LOL
Oh my..
Nah, Hyrule in Melee was crap, it "TOO" big. When you are fighting and other character are on the other side of the stage you can not see your own character. And OMG it take a lot just to kill some one, my friend was on 432% just to kill them.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Nah, Hyrule in Melee was crap, it "TOO" big. When you are fighting and other character are on the other side of the stage you can not see your own character. And OMG it take a lot just to kill some one, my friend was on 432% just to kill them.
You can't see yourself, unique from every level
432, you can do that anywhere else.
Natural sudden death only exists there.
TOO big? it's the closet things to one of those "side scroling" stages in SubEmissary.
Hyrule "or a level as big and imortallity giving" will be back.

My opinion CChandad: Trace back to you roots and relax from all the tourney and competitive smashing. The mindless "just use Special Moves to try and win" or "get five buddies all Peach or Jiggs and float around all the time" days are how it all really began from the original 64 release...

IC's and their SM both this week, FTW

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

I have to disagree with you because it was one of the BEST stages ever!! besides Brinstar, and yea it was good if a person survives with that much percentage which is always good

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Gah! O_o

Do we really need this new board? Doesn't seem like something that really needs it. Maybe if they merged it with the character board, but that's a stetch in my opinion. Oh well, I wonder who this will turn out.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I have to disagree with you because it was one of the BEST stages ever!! besides Brinstar, and yea it was good if a person survives with that much percentage which is always good
I agree, except for the Brinstar thing lol

Gah! O_o

Do we really need this new board? Doesn't seem like something that really needs it. Maybe if they merged it with the character board, but that's a stetch in my opinion. Oh well, I wonder who this will turn out.
This ain't new, it's just been moved..

Nice thread lizard.. I'm in lol

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
When I made this, there wasn't a lot known. I did do a big update for it, but the forums spazzed out on me and I lost it and got frustrated. I'd close this and sticky Grim's but unfortunately I don't have mod powers in here (yet)

hectichobo

Smash Ace
They need to make like a splitscreen race between characters... Tha twould be awesome... Me and my friend did that on debug mode without the split screen part... They should make Target Test's And The Homerun Stage Playable too... With like a Gravity Ratio... Or there could be a stage just in a box where you beat the hell out of eachother without items... And make it impossible to die unless on hp mode..

Wreked

Smash Lord
I just had an idea for a stage. Well kinda. Ok how about weather? Like it could sync with the weather channel on your wii. Say today's forecast is rainy. On one stage, probaly smashville, it would be rainy. The weather would also affect the stage. Like if it's snowing or raining, the stage would be somewhat slippery.

I decided to post this in here, you think I should make a thread about this?

DeathAngel

Smash Rookie
Castle siege

Man, castle siege is gonna be awsome, wether or not it is used a lot. I personaly like the stages that change or move, except for Ice Mountain! Most of these new stages are gonna rock and be used freqently, I'm sure, but the other ones will suck and never be played twice.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
Man, castle siege is gonna be awsome, wether or not it is used a lot. I personaly like the stages that change or move, except for Ice Mountain! Most of these new stages are gonna rock and be used freqently, I'm sure, but the other ones will suck and never be played twice.
I'll give everything a try, but I don't much expect to like DK's stage, unless there's something really awesome at the top. And I agree; IM sucked. Fitting that such a crappy character should have such a crappy stage. Faves include Castle Seige (CS from now on), BoE, Battlefield, LC (Lylat Cruise), and Skyworld. Seconds are everything else besides DK's stage, Rumble Falls; and YI (Yoshi's Island). So...Smashville and DP, I guess. (Delfino Plaza) And those are just the confirmed ones, the ones on the Dojo. I have a feeling I'll love the Halberd and the Mario Kart stage. (Mario Circuit? In that case, MC.)

DeathAngel

Smash Rookie
Well, I will agree that the DK stage will probobly(?) be just as bad as IM, but then again, we never untill we play, so we just have to wait and see.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
I'd like to see a unique Pokemon stage, this Pokemon Collesuem is too bland, like Pokemon stadium, but I don't want something as speratic as Poke Floats, something like Saffron City was, try to involve something like the tecnology described in the anime instead of having Pokemon pop up everywhere.
I have actually liked all the Pokemon stages so far...Poke Floats, Pokemon Stadium, and Saffron City. I hope the Colliseum stage has more, and different, forms than Melee's version.

Plomid

Smash Ace
this thread reeally needs an update.
and hey i think there is a new stage or the transformation of pokemon stadium in this screen

could be DK stage though
edit: nope thats not a stadium transformation

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
and hey i think there is a new stage or the transformation of pokemon stadium in this screen

could be DK stage though
Pretty sure that's just Rumble Falls. You can see the falls in the background.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

could be DK stage though
duh, it's obviously a close of Rumble Falls, anyone could tell easily

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I think it would be pretty cool (if Sonic is confirmed) that Tales' airplane was a stage. And it flies around, and it acts like a real airplane also. So, if all characters are on one side of the plane, the plane will tilt, and if it is raining, your character might slip off the stage. The stage will also have weather effect (i.e. Sunny, Rainy, etc.) The plane will also end up doing backflips and stuff, and the game will also warn you beforehand that it is about to do a backflip. In order to prevent your character from falling, you'll have to grab onto handles that are on the side of the stage.

Another possible stage could be King K. Rool's ship from DKC or any other Donkey Kong game. So, basically, you're on the ship, and it is going out at sea (obviously). There are a few trap doors, but they don't lead to your doom, instead you fall inside the ship, and the only way you'll be able to see the character is through the ship's windows.(or some other way). King K. Rool might make cameo appearances and just shoot Cannonballs at you, which will lead to more holes in the ground, but will eventually repair themselves, And then after a while the ship will crash so now you all go underwater, and well, the fight still carries on! Then there's this stage's hazards, which include Sharks, eels, etc.

Sounds stupid, but it's just some wacky ideas I had.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Interesting, Interesting. But If you want a REALLY cool Sonic Stage you need to REALLY spice it up. I mean, Tail's Plane is cool and all, but in the Sonic Games It's a one person plane, small. Not ideal for Brawling.

My theory: Dr. Robotnic's lab- Robot's run amuck as you pass on a conveyor belt, passing by welding arms and other platforms and a Bio Tank (Breakable, of course) that contains either Shadow (If not an alt for Sonic) or Omega. The backround would be the spectacular, Seeing giant Eggbots being built and some of them coming to life and affecting the stage. The floor would constantly be moving in one direction, so standing still results in a KO. Running with the conveyor belt moves you quickly, like having a bunny hood, and going against it is like running on a slippery surface in Melee.

Either that or Green Hill Zone. Sounds bland, I know. But it represents Sonic so well.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
random question....
does anyone else think that making a generic FE stage was a good way to impliment other FE characters? (like Marth)
i just thought it was a good was of showing PoR wasn't the only game they had in mind even with Ike being in brawl

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Perhaps...

We haven't seen the Underground part, and they did say that the Castle Seige was meant to represent Fire Emblem in general. Yeah, that is a good way of looking at it.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
random question....
does anyone else think that making a generic FE stage was a good way to impliment other FE characters? (like Marth)
i just thought it was a good was of showing PoR wasn't the only game they had in mind even with Ike being in brawl
It was actually a pretty insanely good idea on Sakurai's part to make that stage. The "generic" FE stage means he can put whatever FE character in that he wants, and doesn't have to appease each FE character with their own stage and waste memory. Incidentally, it also means that we have no idea what other FE characters will be included. Also, with the addition of PT to the character roster, there's no telling who may or may not be in the final cut.

Marthwill definitely make the cut though. You needn't worry about that.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
i sure hope Marth stays in.....he and Ike the probably the two most well known "Lords" of the series

Top Bottom