• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
God this is all so stupid.
Its an underground magma/lava/fire cavern.
There is no water.
Give up on it.
And @ helterskelters moronic post on the page previous, mario is being thrown off the stage (as seen CLEARLY in the trailer) that the nintendog is obscuring.
Don't you juat hate people who are jerks about trivial things, takun? Oh wait...I guess you don't, as you are being one now...

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
I like Sakurai's update today especially. It helps to dispell the "Replace Marth or Roy" flack.
If you would, please read the quote from the US site.
"It’s an enemy castle in the midst of battle—but it’s not set in a particular castle, nor is it from a particular game in the series. " - Masahiro Sakurai, August 2nd, 2007. Smashbros.com/en_us/index.html.
Faves Marth and Roy will possibly return, and Ike'll be at home too. No more piggybacking the Fire Emblem them as an alternate song on Hyrule Temple. Now who's the real Swordsman Link?
But in all honesty, the bridge is going to be one I play alot.
Is anyone else excited about being able to battle damage stages every so often?

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
I like Sakurai's update today especially. It helps to dispell the "Replace Marth or Roy" flack.
If you would, please read the quote from the US site.
"It’s an enemy castle in the midst of battle—but it’s not set in a particular castle, nor is it from a particular game in the series. " - Masahiro Sakurai, August 2nd, 2007. Smashbros.com/en_us/index.html.
Faves Marth and Roy will possibly return, and Ike'll be at home too. No more piggybacking the Fire Emblem them as an alternate song on Hyrule Temple. Now who's the real Swordsman Link?
But in all honesty, the bridge is going to be one I play alot.
Is anyone else excited about being able to battle damage stages every so often?
I have to say the real swordsman is all the swordsmen...Ike, Marth, Roy, Link, YL, Ganondorf, MK, Pit...

I have to say, this stage truly is awesome.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Don't you juat hate people who are jerks about trivial things, takun? Oh wait...I guess you don't, as you are being one now...
I only dislike people who have common sense, but refuse to use it. :urg:
The game is called FIRE Emblem. :laugh:

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
You could try swimming anyway, I don't think It would be banned in tournies lol.

Ok, judging by those earth pillars in the background I'm guessing that you stand on breakable platforms and there may be falling rocks as well. So basically you'll be multi-tasking your entire battle IMO.

Salaad

Smash Ace
I REALLY hope these kind of stages aren't banned...

I saw a few pages back that Helter said something about Kirby and Mario...WTF. I posted that when we got that picture and noone gives me any goddam credit....Think about how you would feel...-.-

helterskelter

Smash Cadet
God this is all so stupid.
Its an underground magma/lava/fire cavern.
There is no water.
Give up on it.
And @ helterskelters moronic post on the page previous, mario is being thrown off the stage (as seen CLEARLY in the trailer) that the nintendog is obscuring.
Mario is being thrown off? I think you should take another look. The camera is way off center and the characters would already be in those little bubbles showing where they are off the screen.. They are fighting near the bridge, not yet on top of the castle.

Also could you please tell me where in the trailer it shows a drawbridge and characters fighting next to it?

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
So this FE stage is just one, I was thinking it was two stage. A lot of Ssbb stages move around a lot, I really liked this stage, but i'm not sure anymore.

helterskelter

Smash Cadet
I REALLY hope these kind of stages aren't banned...

I saw a few pages back that Helter said something about Kirby and Mario...WTF. I posted that when we got that picture and noone gives me any goddam credit....Think about how you would feel...-.-
Sorry about that man. BTW when did you post your idea about the picture?

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Mario is being thrown off? I think you should take another look. The camera is way off center and the characters would already be in those little bubbles showing where they are off the screen.. They are fighting near the bridge, not yet on top of the castle.

Also could you please tell me where in the trailer it shows a drawbridge and characters fighting next to it?

It doesn't, I don't think.
It shows the nintendog being a big neusance while players fight on Catle Seige and you can see mario fly from the stage down to that little drawbridge/background area.

Also:

WHO'S IDEA WAS IT TO BUILD A CASTLE OVER A MAGMA CAVERN?!?!!?

:laugh:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
the idea of different type of stages is good altough I kinda wish they would keep it simple (like in Melee) but it's a good change imo

Dynamism

Smash Lord
<Maybe there are settings to prevent stage changes? Doubt it, highly. LOL
I'm loving the variety. Well, every level is pretty much the same aside from the changes. Like Peaches castle and FD in melee. Pretty much the same but Peach has a tower dividing it into two. That's a simple change and now they're using other variations.
1: Smashville platform moves side to side and there a theme changes in the backround.
2: Yoshi Ilse platform wavers and seasons change
3: Pit has different arrangement of platforms and they can break (all of them)
4: Plaza is the same in the air but changes when it lands
5: Lylat cruise has similar size and platform set up throughout
6: Battlefeild, well duh.
It's all just slightly altered in different ways but they're not dramatically bizare. They're basically taking every possible stage set up they can and it's great, nothing repeats but the techniques used in one can be used in the next. A little more diversity is popping up recently too. Now they have to fill the gap in eventness between DK's crap and Battlefeild.

GenG

Smash Lord
I just noticed there's someone sitting in the throne. By the armor pattern he seems to be Ashnard.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman

So the arena seen in the trailer is an actual stage? I think it's the Final Destination of Brawl, it looks like it'd be. It's flat terrain, there's edges, it seems to be an important area, in the game's story, etc. I just hope the stage isn't always dark and gloomy with red skys when you fight on it if it's an unlockable stage, it should change from happy skys to violent skys every now and then.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
It's hard to say. Nearly all the new pictures show backgrounds that havn't been used before. The stadium may still be unlockable, seeing as what it is. (Can't scroll side to side with something like that)

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Thats possible, but who knows this is a different game system and can hold a lot more stages/characters...
Oh no, don't get me wrong. It's not that I think it can't hold a lot more stages and characters, because I think they can. I just think that's what they will do, like in Melee that stage when your on that dog pokemon (don't know the name of it). It was only on one player mode, you wouldn't play it on vs mode.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Enteii from an Event Match, if you mean it like that, it tends to be that Adventure Mode is just different Giant Stages... See Melee for examples... some of the stages are too big for a normal game...The Obvious ones are kept out, while we will see all the regular and multiplayer stages through updates...

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
Oh no, don't get me wrong. It's not that I think it can't hold a lot more stages and characters, because I think they can. I just think that's what they will do, like in Melee that stage when your on that dog pokemon (don't know the name of it). It was only on one player mode, you wouldn't play it on vs mode.
But the difference between this level and that one is that that level was a trophy and was only used for one event match so you could unlock said trophy. This level, however, is an actual level. It's very reminesant of Final Destination too, I'd bet anything this is the next Finald Destination. I know it isn't official, but I'm just saying there's a good chance.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
I'm not quite sure whetheror not these will playable or not in VS Mode either, but if they're ridiculously long, probably not...
I mean... we had some levels like that in Melee, that Super Mario Bros. Remake level, the undergroun maze one, and the F-zero race one I think that was it, but still...

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Enteii from an Event Match, if you mean it like that, it tends to be that Adventure Mode is just different Giant Stages... See Melee for examples... some of the stages are too big for a normal game...The Obvious ones are kept out, while we will see all the regular and multiplayer stages through updates...
Yeah that true, some stages are just to big to be a playable stage (that's why I hate Hyrule). But some are fine, and still did not make it like majora mask, the bit when you fight Yoshi's on the Mario bros level.

But the difference between this level and that one is that that level was a trophy and was only used for one event match so you could unlock said trophy. This level, however, is an actual level. It's very reminesant of Final Destination too, I'd bet anything this is the next Finald Destination. I know it isn't official, but I'm just saying there's a good chance.
I agree what your saying, but i'm talking about the little stages.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I'm kind of on the fence for the way they handled the Fire Emblem stage.

It's not any place in particular, but it looks great.

It's kind of a detatchment when they tell you to just 'use your imagination' as to where it is you are fighting... If this is going to be the official "Castle" stage, then I'm not all too excited about the rationale. But it LOOKS SOOOO goood....

In my opinion we're going to need at least one more FE stage... Something specific. That or a brand new Hyrule Castle stage.

On a side note - how ****ing cool would a DK Gang Plank Galleon stage be?? 10/10.

Top Bottom