• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
yay i was right again today. im on a role. i said it would be music or the FE stage because of the revelation of Ike. and here it is. well then it will be music tomorrow for sure. I really like this stage and i kinda had a feeling that the floor would break revealing the inside. im surprised that you can go even lower. im guessing now dont expect to see Metaknight and snakes stage before they are revealed on the site themselves.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
*is in love with the FE updates* Fangirling to the max and beyond.

I'm curious to what stages are going to be tourney legal and what have you, but man, I don't care. I'm going to play the **** out of that Castle Siege stage.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
yeah i really think it's about time they show some snake and metaknight stuff. when was the last time we actually saw Snake in a screenshot or anything.im thinking you have to unlock him. what if it's the same with metaknight. either way we already know their in the game so it's alright. I think for tournaments they are gonna have to come up with new rules in order to make everything fair. something is telling me it wont be that much trouble. the characters look more balanced. but we dont really know if a stage caters to a character better than the other.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
there has to be a reason why Sakurai would show all these characters whom of which we knew would be in brawl. then highlight Metaknight in the trailer and wait sooo long just to put him up on the site. maybe because Meta Knight has something to do with the "this world" update so he's probablly holding out until he get's more into that. i dunno it's just weird though.

GenG

Smash Lord
Oh well, since 4chan trollers have disabled the "What's going on in smashbros.com?" thread, I'll post my thoughts here too. Sakurai owned me once but I'm willing to especulate this again for the lulz.

Let's think about why they didn't want to show "the underground"...

The edits show that it's some kind of lava cavern.
Lava caverns are related to dragons.
Dragons are very very related with FE.
This same stage has flags depicting a black dragon.
A black dragon was the final boss of many games, it's a staple.
Deduction: There is an dragon down there.
Biased deduction: The dragon is related to Marth and that's why they didn't show it.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
the same reason he didnt show the top of the DK stage. im glad he's not showing us everything. so at least we can be somewhat surprised

GenG

Smash Lord
He isn't. These are generic armor knights, I've spotted another swordman in the 4th pic, and there's one with an axe too. But all of them have undoubtly a Begnion-esque design.

Serpit

Smash Journeyman
Vienna, Austria, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
The underground is either a stalagmite cave filled with lava or water. Look at the last screenshot after a little photoshopping...

Compare this to the original screenshot, and you can see that the textures match perfectly.

By the way, I didn't make this, someone posted in on the German SSBM Boards and I reposted it here. All credit for the discovery goes to Harliart, not me.

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
but has anyone addressed the fact that the stage with the stautes holding up platforms and the stage showing the outside of the castle could easily be two parts of the same stage (two areas of the same castle). Something could happen that destroys the floor (there is a war going on around the thing) and then the characters fall into that grand hallway area with the statues holding up those platforms. That would be a kickass stage

called it, but didn't think there would be an even deeper section!:eek:

this pic from ZSS's profile is definitely from the deepest section of the castle seige stage

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
The underground is either a stalagmite cave filled with lava or water. Look at the last screenshot after a little photoshopping...

Compare this to the original screenshot, and you can see that the textures match perfectly.

By the way, I didn't find this, someone posted in on the German SSBM Boards, so I doN't know who to give credit exactly =)
this is a cool find. guess when brawl comes out we'll know if it's right, but by judging how it looks, i'd say this is pretty accurate.

but now i wonder will we stay in the underground area, or will something send us back to the top?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^^^
Fvcking... you and my friend. Me and my friend had a long convo about this stage just yesterday. I'm telling him that it's two different stages from FE1 or FE3. Then he's telling me that it doesn't necessarily have to be from any particular game and it's all one stage because the floor will break or something.

I hate when I'm not right at all and he is 100% on the money.
He's going to be so cocky about this.

EDIT:
As for the last part (if that even is the last part of the stage), I think the water will slow you down when you're wallowing in it. It looks fairly deep, unlike the water in Fountain of Dreams and Pokemon Stadium. If you jump you move at normal speed, but your run speed is decreased heavily on foot.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
^^^Uh...out of curiosity, what water? I see no water...I like that you can break the statues inside. That'l make some platforms drop, right?

I really love this stage, and all the others so far. I like how deep Sakurai is going with level design this time around. In Melee, the most complex stages were Big Blue, Rainbow Cruise, and Poke Floats. Not saying they weren't fun, but after the same repetition fifty thousand times, it gets kinda old, you know? If they return as Past Stages, I probably won't play them...we still have, what, four months till Brawl is released? That's enough for another thousand repetitions, you know? I'll just be glad to have some fresh stages and experiences. And they all look good so far!

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Will the Metal Gear stage be like this? From the Nintendo World Trailer, it looks like there's an interior and exterior.

helterskelter

Smash Cadet
Hey guys i think i found something that will add to the speculation!

Alright the first thing i have to say is that this stage looks very interesting and reminds a bit of the original Hyrule stage from Smash 64, solely because of this little roof that you can go under

Zero Suit Samus is the one under it.

And finally i think that the castle stage doesn't end once you reach the underground area. I think in fact you go outside of the castle. See take a look at this picture and notice how Mario and Kirby are below the castle and are right by a lowered drawbridge as if they had just came out of it

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
God this is all so stupid.
Its an underground magma/lava/fire cavern.
There is no water.
Give up on it.
And @ helterskelters moronic post on the page previous, mario is being thrown off the stage (as seen CLEARLY in the trailer) that the nintendog is obscuring.

Top Bottom