• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

OcarinaLink

Smash Journeyman
yeah, all of the stages look breathtaking...gotta get used to it soon, so we don't get caught up on its beauty while smashing...

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Chibi said:

I can't believe no one figured that this stage could also be from Kid Icarus?
That level, in my mind, instantly reminds me of Kid Icarus Stage 4 "The Palace in the Sky". Columns, Clouds, Trees, Vines wrapped around those columns, as well as some broken pillars (since Medusa had taken over)

I can totally imagine it having the Stage 4 Palace in the Sky music as well; http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/nes/KIst4.mid
They showed Meta-Knights stage, so why not Pits?

That does NOT look like a Triforce. It appears to be a Half-Sun Icon, which also ties into my Kid Icarus Theory (You know, all the Myths about Icarus and the Sun; as well as since in the game you actually start off in the underworld and "climb" to the palace in the sky. I know its not the best of quality screenshot, but you can tell if you watch that its not a Triforce, especially since there is a circle in the center....

I could be wrong, but its definitly a possibility!
Agree with u 100% and i think i said that think about the Kid icarus stage before anyone uyesterday!!!...........as i said before the columns and the architecture of the stage suits PERFECTLY the kid icarus stages from LOOOONG time ago. Also since that is like greek culture and the arch in kinda greek.

I have always dreamed of a stage like.............. u know that flying plataform which is in the lowest part of the SSBM hyrule temple? yeah the one which is near the cave....... well i think that a stage can be just a fliying platform like that one...
it would be a real brawl for space in a tiny stage like that!! Very good to do some very nasty things!!

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I did some screen caps of some of the stages that were not already shown in this topic.

God knows what this is from it looks awesome. It could be a part of the new Zelda Game. Or it could be inside the castle already shown which I'm guessing to be a Fire Emblem stage becase of the sieging and whatnot going on in th background.

This is a picture of the Metaknight stage, probably in its beginnings.

This is the same stage but zoomed out and if those are platforms on the side then it looks fun as hell to play in.

Once again meta's stage due to the one constant center piece it looks like its shaping up to be a Mute city on crack.

Looking at the flooring of the alread posted stage with the vines and columns it might be from sc2

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
Halberd will probably be my favorite stage. And I don't know about anyone else, but I wanna fight atop the Magnet Train. It'd be a pretty ride.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Here's a theory, what if the new FD is on top of a Wii console? That'd be kind of interesting.

On topic- Maybe there are two versions of Meta-Knight's stage? One version might be where you fighting in the hangar, and another version where the platform is floating around the warship?

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
I don't know if anyone has thought of this, but maybe the outside of the castle and the inside of the castle are both the same stage. You never know, after a certain amount of time fighting on top of the castle, the section where you fight might be hit and destroyed (tha castle is under attack afterall..), causing everyone to fall down into the castle and continue the battle inside. Judging by Meta Knight's stage, they're going more in-depth with their stage designs.

Who knows, just an idea..

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
In the pic that Varuna has up with Link's swordplant in the dark hallway. On the far wall at the end of the hallway, isn't that similar to MetaKnight's symbol?

Moving around a stage (not lame Rainbow Cruise) style like fighting on the wall then inside a castle or outside/inside a hanger would be amazing beyond words, although I have a few. I know that's a main reason my friend got...what is it, DOA2? the one that came before the first DOA Volleyball game. it was one of the first fighting games to have hardcore level changing, I think.

cowwa-f'n-bunga

Smash Apprentice
Keep in mind that some of the levels shown in the video might not be playable. Remember the stage in the opening for SSB? The one where master hand is rearranging the books and things? You couldn't play on that one. Some of these stages may only be cinematic. Obviously not the metaknight one but maybe the castle (which I think is from FE), or that battlefield-like level.

Just an idea. Hopefully I'm wrong, because those stages all looked incredible.

Ghettoblasta

Smash Rookie
cowwa-f'n-bunga said:
Keep in mind that some of the levels shown in the video might not be playable. Remember the stage in the opening for SSB? The one where master hand is rearranging the books and things? You couldn't play on that one. Some of these stages may only be cinematic. Obviously not the metaknight one but maybe the castle (which I think is from FE), or that battlefield-like level.

Just an idea. Hopefully I'm wrong, because those stages all looked incredible.
I think you have a very valid point cowwa-f'n-bunga. I think that these levels could be just for ambiance but that had some real time models and fighting going on so I'm leaning more towards them being actual game levels. I think they might have a more power stone-ish feel as far as the levels transforming while playing. Regardless if they're playable or not, they're not going to mess around with the levels in this game, they're just goint to be just as polished and refined as the character models.

**is anxiously waiting to see princess peach's new design*

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
In the pic that Varuna has up with Link's swordplant in the dark hallway. On the far wall at the end of the hallway, isn't that similar to MetaKnight's symbol?
Ah, it's similar, but not it.

That's about the best shot of it in the trailer. There some major differences, such as the definite "M" shape. Though I do believe that symbol is familiar, but I can't think of where I've seen it...

The stage on top of the castle seems like a throwback to Hyrule Castle 64. That was one of my favorite stages, so I hope it's legit. The occasional projectiles would be interesting. They could fshoot uo in the background and make a whistling sound as they fell.

The "Greek Battle Field" stage is a very nice for pure "Brawlin'." I hope it's not in the same vain as the small "How To Play" stage from Melee and not available to battles. Looks like it'd be great for short, intense battles.

I definitely like the Halberd level. If it really does move from hanger, to platform, to ship that would add some very nice depth to the stage. Maybe Dynablade could attack at one point!

Mario52

Smash Rookie
asianpride3491 said:
Am i the only person who wants ALL of the previous stages from 64 and Melee to be available in Brawl?
Pretty much. I dont want them all. Some unlockables mabey, like Melee, but not all, because they would take up too much space.

Player00

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... first ever trailer and we're already seeing generic three-platformed stages. I really hope they don't overuse that level design like they did in melee.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Player00 said:
Hmmm... first ever trailer and we're already seeing generic three-platformed stages. I really hope they don't overuse that level design like they did in melee.
First of all I don't think they over used it at all infact only 4 of melees stages are the three platform design you speak of and all 4 of those stages make up the only 10 tournament legal stages in the game. I for one am all for interesting stages but some more neutral stages for fair competetion would be awesome too.

Brokenskye

Smash Rookie
STADIUM said:
I may be wrong, but as soon as I saw that screen of the "castle under attack" I though in Odama. I haven't played that game, but the screen of that stage reminds me of the few screenshots I've seen from Odama.

Doubt they'd use a Odama stage in SS:B. But I could be wrong. But probably not.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Metaknights ship looks pretty cool. Close to when Pit makes his appearance it looks like the platforms dock onboard the ships deck.

Player00

Smash Journeyman
Varuna said:
First of all I don't think they over used it at all infact only 4 of melees stages are the three platform design you speak of and all 4 of those stages make up the only 10 tournament legal stages in the game. I for one am all for interesting stages but some more neutral stages for fair competetion would be awesome too.
Well, I think you took that statement the wrong way. From the sounds of it you though I was talking about more levels like hyrule and big blue (I hate both, I only like tournament legal stages). I meant that instead of making all those levels with three platforms, they could have made a level like Final D with a single platform. That would have been the fairest level in existence. Why couldn't they have thought of that instead of overuseing three platform levels?

And there isn't just four. Would about Yoshi 64? Three platforms can be seen there again.

Leos_Adrynn

Smash Rookie
if you check the screens on http://www.smashbros.com/en/main.html with metaknight in the second row, you can see some pretty good images of the castle level. To me this definitely refutes the TP theory because the castle looks so different from the castle shown in the twilight princess trailer. Not only that but the flags don't look like legend of zelda, they're some kind of dragon thing, possibly Dragon laguz from fire emblem?

Also that dark hallway has the same flag on the inside so that links the two. If not the same stage, definitely the same franchise.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Player00 said:
Well, I think you took that statement the wrong way. From the sounds of it you though I was talking about more levels like hyrule and big blue (I hate both, I only like tournament legal stages). I meant that instead of making all those levels with three platforms, they could have made a level like Final D with a single platform. That would have been the fairest level in existence. Why couldn't they have thought of that instead of overuseing three platform levels?

And there isn't just four. Would about Yoshi 64? Three platforms can be seen there again.

well there really is no such thing as a fairest level, and you said they over used three platform stages in melee, they didn't.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
final destination isnt fair...

but i think he just meant that they could have 5 platforms in the air. or different positions. anything instead of repeating the standard 3, which seems perfectly fine to me.

i havent read all the pages (so maybe this has already been suggested), but i think a mario galaxy level would be cool. it could be an asteroid and let you walk around the whole planet, so you could even battle upside down. little things like changing gravity, unique ways of getting back to the stage, pretty background and maybe changing to other moons/planets during the level would be good. maybe its a little too crazy lol.

and a level editor always rules. getting to swap maps online and stuff makes it even better :D

Nite

Smash Champion
All of the stages looked great. I think that the first one looked awesome (so pretty). Metaknight's level also looked really cool and I can't wait for this!!! Nintendo why would you do this to me???

Player00

Smash Journeyman
SuperBowser said:
but i think he just meant that they could have 5 platforms in the air. or different positions. anything instead of repeating the standard 3, which seems perfectly fine to me.
Na, I meant Final D, but with one platform raised in the center, you know, just to stop chain throws and stuff. Which would then make it the fairest possible stage imo.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Actually, I think the dev's wanted to show off all their original creations in the trailer. Notice nothing from Melee was on display. Even the four characters from the game were in their newer forms.

So on that logic, I'm going to say the dev's probably did the most evident thing that needed to be done, which was, create a Fire emblem stage and levels for their new characters. Judging though by the absence of a stage, or even gameplay for ZS Samus, Wario, and Snake, they're still works in progress.

So far we have Metaknight and his stage, Pit and his Stage. Yes I'm fairly certain thet new stage is Pit's; It's got different dimensions than Battlefield. and then a Fire Emblem stage, which seems like Daen's castle from PoR, but I can't say for certain, beacuse I haven't played the original Fire Emblem.

Still doesn't it seem logical that the first thing they thought about was, "Well what does Melee feel like ti's missing?" and the obvious answer is a FE stage. EVERYONE else had a stage they realted to. Then "What new characters would be the best?", and Pit and Metaknight were created, along with their stages.

IVP

Smash Ace
I think they will have some Past stages from SSB and some Past stages from SSBM.
I think it would be like this:
SSB Past stages:
DL64
Links stage (don't remember the name)
Corneria 64
Donkey Kongs stage (don't remember the name)
Yoshis Island 64

SSBM Past stages:
FD
YS
Corneria
FoD
BF

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
According to Wikipedia, the crest shown in the screenshots of the castle level(s) is from Fire Emblem. I think it's safe to say those are either one Fire Emblem level that changes as you go(outside to inside, or vice-versa) or two seperate Fire Emblem levels, which seems a bit excessive to show right away, but eh.

Link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSBB

Top Bottom