• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
...i though that in yoshis story, you couldnt pass throught them...oh well, i cant remember anything.

anyway, i think its pretty obvious (IMO) from the screens that we have that the platform isnt always going to be there...that its going to drop down every so often...so do you think it will move from side to side (not as in from one side of the main platform to the other)? maybe it will sway back and forth for a bit before dropping back down.
That Yoshi stage shown is Yoshi's Island from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island=almost the exact same graphical style. But what I find is odd is that update=Yohi's Story song. Maybe we'll get a Yoshi's Story stage again, along with that SMW2: Yoshi's Island stage in the trailer. In other words, I think we're getting another Yoshi stage=awsome=Yoshi's Story in Melee was sweet!

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
...i though that in yoshis story, you couldnt pass throught them...oh well, i cant remember anything.

anyway, i think its pretty obvious (IMO) from the screens that we have that the platform isnt always going to be there...that its going to drop down every so often...so do you think it will move from side to side (not as in from one side of the main platform to the other)? maybe it will sway back and forth for a bit before dropping back down.
I think that it will act like the Chancey / Goldeen floats in Poke'floats.
They come up for a short amount of time, and then drop down unexpectedly!
Only I think it'd be a little better if the blob swooped down at random, and made it so fast that any characters on it wouldn't be able to jump off in time.

It's also very possible that it will spring up on the other side of the stage, since it seems a little empty over there. Or maybe there's two of them, but one of them is up and the other is down in the screenie that I took.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
That Yoshi stage shown is Yoshi's Island from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island=almost the exact same graphical style. But what I find is odd is that update=Yohi's Story song. Maybe we'll get a Yoshi's Story stage again, along with that SMW2: Yoshi's Island stage in the trailer. In other words, I think we're getting another Yoshi stage=awsome=Yoshi's Story in Melee was sweet!
I always get the stages mixed up when it comes to Yoshi's _____.
Yoshi's Story is the default stage formatted one, right? With the three platforms and the tiny little cloud? If so, then I absolutely love that level ;)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Pikachu had some slight changes, they managed to make him look like an actual real-life animal. KIRBY on the other hand... I don't think he changed at all in the first trailer. I've watched it numerous times and still can't figure out what they did to him.

I have a feeling that the blob/ghost/hill/platform might pop up randomly with the season changes. Not so much at a given season because I think I've seen gameplay snapshots of a spring season with it, and then a different one with the spring season without it. He might pop up for summer, fall, winter, spring, and then go away until fall, then pop up again in the spring, then go away for the whole year. But from this point, there's no telling, but it's definitely agreed that he won't be around 24/7/365.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu had some slight changes, they managed to make him look like an actual real-life animal. KIRBY on the other hand... I don't think he changed at all in the first trailer. I've watched it numerous times and still can't figure out what they did to him.

I have a feeling that the blob/ghost/hill/platform might pop up randomly with the season changes. Not so much at a given season because I think I've seen gameplay snapshots of a spring season with it, and then a different one with the spring season without it. He might pop up for summer, fall, winter, spring, and then go away until fall, then pop up again in the spring, then go away for the whole year. But from this point, there's no telling, but it's definitely agreed that he won't be around 24/7/365.
Oh, Yoshi's Island goes through Seasons?
I just thought it was like, Day and Evening, such as Battlefield.
But that's even more awesome!

I think it'll just pop up or down at any random momment.
Let's see Ken time THAT little cloud! ;)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Oh, Yoshi's Island goes through Seasons?
I just thought it was like, Day and Evening, such as Battlefield.
But that's even more awesome!

I think it'll just pop up or down at any random momment.
Let's see Ken time THAT little cloud! ;)
Mwahahaha! BURNED!

I wonder if Ken will play Wi-Fi Brawl? I know I'm gonna sh;t myself if I ever come across anyone with a gamertag "Ken".

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Mwahahaha! BURNED!

I wonder if Ken will play Wi-Fi Brawl? I know I'm gonna sh;t myself if I ever come across anyone with a gamertag "Ken".
Probably, I think everyone popular will at least attempt to, since it's introducing online play. I wonder if they could work out a Tournament over the online play, just for fun, no money involved. I'd do that right when I get home from school, and skip homework!
(not like I do homework regularly anyways, but, hey ;o)

As I was re-watching the trailer, I noticed something that gained my interest. While introducing Zamus, and showing some of her movesets, it shows her some sort of space level, floating. I believe this stage to be the Star Fox related level, which we see at the end of the World Wide Trailer:

So in all, does the Star Fox space level involve with 0 gravity? Judging by how high off from the stage the characters are in the first image, and how Zamus easily glided those flips, I'd say yes. If so, this is also easily one of my favorite levels.

Metric

Smash Cadet
So in all, does the Star Fox space level involve with 0 gravity? Judging by how high off from the stage the characters are in the first image, and how Zamus easily glided those flips, I'd say yes. If so, this is also easily one of my favorite levels.
Exciting! Plus, you can see earth. No gravity level in SSBM ruled, I was dissapointed to find you couldn't make gravity a setting.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Exciting! Plus, you can see earth. No gravity level in SSBM ruled, I was dissapointed to find you couldn't make gravity a setting.
Actually I wasn't expecting anything gravity related in SSBM.
But I am expecting for Brawl, so there may be disappointment in the future. Or, maybe I'm right in my theory, and there's joy and pwning gravity.

Kirby / Purin / Pit would be so fun to play as in that level xD

Legolastom

Smash Hero
In the single player sometimes when you faced the wire frames didn't they have low gravity?

But this stages looks brilliant

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I don't think you could play with lower gravity in VS. modes, only when fighting the Wire Frames in Classis Mode.

And as for low gravity modes in Brawl, there's no telling really from this point. Samus has low gravity in Melee but no one else. I'm betting Zamus will have low gravity too. I am keeping my fingers crossed for "Low Grav Brawl" as a special brawl mode. And I think it actually might be more fun to play with bigger characters like Bowser and Ganondorf or characters with high jumps like Luigi, Falco, Ness, and Yoshi. Floating characters too, but I'd rather see characters get so much more height than we're used to.

Tera253

Smash Ace
it's called the Bunny hood.
that front post need to be updated with the confirmation that yes, it IS Battlefield, and the existance of Delfino Plaza.
~Tera253~

Devastlian

Smash Lord
They could've just slowed down that shot of ZSS for effect or something; the fighting in Fox' section seems to be in normal gravity.

Also, it'd be "low gravity" not "zero gravity". If it was zero gravity she wouldn't come back down. :x

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Well, of course it isn't 0 gravity, I was just trying to put an image into your minds ;)
I really do think that this stage is "low gravity", and there shouldn't really be any low gravity mode, but low gravity just for this stage.

It makes perfect sense, considering this stage is in space.
And yeah, in Adventure Mode for Melee, you can float higher while fighting the Female / Male Wire Frames. It's fun to do.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
You could fight on Ridley's head, back, and tail...He can be up to, like, 60 feet long, too.
A weird level, who'd be crazy enough to fight on Ridley's back? lol.
But I guess it could have it's advantages, a non-challenging level to test and determine skill. Basically just like Final Destination.

TheDream

Smash Rookie
A little off topic guys, but I was browsing aorund character discussion, and someone mentioned that a stage shown in the trailer comes from Fire Emblem. I'm not too familiar with Fire Emblem so can someone confirm this for me?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'd like to see a battle fought on the back of that HUGE whale pokemon (I don't know names, I've given up on remembering them after the second generation). And at certain times, it blows water out of its blowhole! Hehehe!
A fight on a Wailord (the biggest Pokemon ever=njk) would be epic, as well as a little odd. i'd like to see a fight where you fight on like a Wii, or a bunch of Nintendo systems for sheer randomness, much like Super Flatworld: Flat Zone. That would definitely be a original stage, or at least that's what I think. I'd lol if you could push the reset button and Resetti beats you up, lol!

O, and yae Marth! All I want is Roy to return and I'm good, but Marth should return as well.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Roy doesn't have a real good chance of returning seeing as him being in melee was more of an advertisement and Ike might replace him

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
id love a level a metroid prime based level, impact crater anyone? or a aether based level where the atmosphere changes from dark to light throughout the game. ANYTHING OTHER THAN BRINSTAR PLEASE

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
ANYONE CATCH THE UPDATE THIS MORNING?!?!

This is a big one. Though they don't tell us exactly how certain controls will work, they tell us we will be able to play the game (combat, not just mini-games) with the Wii-mote, Classic Controller, and Wii-mote/Nunchuck combo!

P.S.= If they can manage to play Brawl on the Wii with just the Wii-mote limitations, I don't see why they couldn't make a DS Smash.

nesstee

Smash Apprentice
W0000t its official. we can play brawl with the GC controller. PLUS....Sakurai himself recommended the GC controller meaning that more likely than not the controls will remain the same, c-stick and all

soaz

Smash Ace
even though i like talking about the new update i think that we are getting off topic.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Is there a schedule anywhere for when Smashbros.com releases what info (like Monday is weapons, tuesday character, wed stages etc.) or is it just whatever and whenever Sakurai feels like it?

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Nice, fun update.
I think trying to Classic controller looks the funnest to play with.
The GameCube controller looks like a loner compared to all of the other silver/white remotes, lol.

The updates are random, no specific order.
Soaz is right though, this type of discussion belongs in the "Official Brawl" or "What's going on at..." etc. Here is where we discuss stages :p which is pretty fun to discuss.

Low gravity FTW.

soaz

Smash Ace
thnx for the support Green Shell(first time i got to point out when some1 post in the wrong topic:))

the grim lizard

Smash Master
This thread hasn't been updated in forever...

And where are the stage speculation threads?? (as in...What stages might return, what types of stages - from various franchises should there be, ideas for stages, etc.)

soaz

Smash Ace
yea i think that they should update it they could add delfino plaza and all the facts we know about batlefield.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps if the original owner of the thread doesn't update, we could start a new thread?
Much more active and such?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Is there a schedule anywhere for when Smashbros.com releases what info (like Monday is weapons, tuesday character, wed stages etc.) or is it just whatever and whenever Sakurai feels like it?
It depends on where you live. In Japan they send out news at 4:00PM (their time), the end of the Japanese work day. I live in New Jersey, East Coast, EST (Eastern Standard Time), we get the news at 3:00AM every morning because of the 11 hour difference. So just do the math from where ever you live.

BUT I'm not Sakurai. He can change the update schedule whenever he wants. That is if he sticks to his word about the "daily weekday update". We all should know if he doesn't we're going to meet outside his house and riot.

Top Bottom