• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
For Link's stage, we've had Hyrule Castle, Great Bay and Temple. So no Hyrule Castle, anything over water (Lake Hylia) or anything in the sky (City in the Sky) this time. How about Palace of Twilight?

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
City in the Sky would be an awesome place, it doesn't involve any of the LoZ related stages in past SSB games, and it's a pretty awesome idea to boot!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I personally can't wait to see the new Zelda stage(hopefully at E3 we will see a lot more than that). That is a well thought idea(that has been said but it is still likely)and I wouldn't mind it. We can almost guarantee that there will be a stage with the Twilight Realm but how?

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
I think the Twilight Realm stage would just be the area where you first arrive and have Twili people in the distance watching. And another TP stage should be where you battle the mini boss in the fire temple. Plus alot more.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
You know what Zelda level I've always wanted to see?

Picture "A Link to the Past" dark realm. Every character becomes their animal form when the light world becomes dark. Link becomes a bunny, Mario could be a raccoon or frog, Luigi could be whatever animal Mario isn't, and so on and so forth.

But that would be rediculously difficult to think of animals for characters to turn into if they're already animals like the Pokemon and Starfox team.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Dyce, that'd just be weird :p
Would you have to create new movesets and stances for them and such?
I don't think Sakurai and his team would put that much effort into the game, I think the LoZ stage should be City in the Sky.

Frigid_Aztec

Smash Apprentice
I would really like to see a stage based off of one of the Metroid Prime games, mainly Phendrana Drifts (I like snow levels alot).

Considering that the Prime series are the newest Metroid games I think they should have some kind of stage as-well.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I don't think Sakurai and his team would put that much effort into the game, I think the LoZ stage should be City in the Sky.
Have you ever played "A Link to the Past"? No there would be no new movesets, you would just look like an animal. In ALttP when Link entered the dark realm he became an anthropomorphic bunny. Two feet for walking, two arms two legs. Kind of like if you put Link in Peppy Hare's body. Granted, you couldn't attack as bunny Link, but we don't need to go that deep, it's a fighting game and if they cut out the fighting in the game that just wouldn't be fun. Make them change form, but keep their attacks all the same.

Once again, it's just an imaginative idea so there's no real need to shoot it down that hard.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
I've got an idea for a new Pokemon stage: Spear Pillar. It's the temple-like place at the top of a mountain in the Diamond and Pearl games, where you defeat the leader of the evil Team Galaxy, and catch either Palkia or Dialga depending on your version.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
That is a too recent game to through in a stage I would believe. If anything, it would be a Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald place. Or a console Pokemon level.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yes Dyce...Trophies! Plus, that was animal crossing. These are stages. Though it is not impossible they will, but if that was the case, they should have a Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy's stage instead of GC 7 year old title.[sarcasm]
The pokemon stage is the stadium and the second will probably be something random like the floats were.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
As much as I hated that dungeon that'd be for a nice stage. Sounds really hazardous though.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Trophies AND A CHARACTER Creo! If you ask me, I'd say anything in the game that references to future releases has the same level of difficulty to throw in: Next to none.
You didn't help your case at all. The game's still in production anyway, so they can add whatever the heck they want.

And what 7 year old GC title are you talking about?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Mario Sunshine Dyce.
And yes I know that it is still in working progress but I don't see it happening. I know it is possible but I don't see it.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
But the fact of the matter is: it's not like we havn't seen it before. There's going to be something in Brawl that hasn't come out to flourition yet, and Brawl will have a few "technical debuts".

Maybe some music.
Maybe some trophies.
Maybe a character.
And yes, maybe a level.

You just don't know, and it could (and IMO probably will) happen somewhere in Brawl. So I'm going to look forward to it.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I love all the music that's been posted so far. I can't wait to play with some Metroid: Boss Battle Music (Ridley Fight) in the background. And Yoshi's Story: Ending sounds crazy fun. Maybe there'll be an option to choose/randomize the music on generic levels like Final D and Battlefield. Like the items list.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I hope they bring an alternate music to some levels again by holding down L. Example-Pick characters, press start-hold L, Pick stage(ex: Termina Bay), keep holding L and when you start the battle, it plays Sarias song instead.(for anyone who didn't know)

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
^^ yeah i hope they keep that. it gave some of the levels a little more variety. I hope they put in a stage that's shows alot more water. not like Termina. but like having water on the actual floor and it would splash and stuff. I think Kirby fountain of dreams had some but it was kind of unoticable.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
The Pokemon transformation to Windmill had water as well though, I enjoyed the Grass transformation the most.
I loved the alternate music for Infinite Glacier level. I go to that level just for the music. Or I just go to sound tests. Also love orginal Kongo Jungle 64's music.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
lol I used to do that for that stage too. everytime i turn on melee the first stage i choose is Mute city I hope they just keep the music and remix it for brawl

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Obviously, Nintendo's going to want to put in more than a couple trophies recognizing D&P.
They're likely to add Lucario as an unlockable character, and a stage based on an in-game location would be good advertising.
And since D&P were completed in August, it's not only not impossible, but probable.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
lol I used to do that for that stage too. everytime i turn on melee the first stage i choose is Mute city I hope they just keep the music and remix it for brawl
That is the only reason I play Termania, for the LOZ theme song, and Saria's Song. Same thing with both songs in Icicle Mountain, and to a much lesser extent in BF and SSBM Zebes. Still, I love good stages with good music (Hyrule Temple, FD, Mute City, Big Blue, FoD, Corneria, Venom, etc.). I love the music thus far though, that Ridley theme is super intense, and hopefully it confirms him.

I know you are thinking "wtf? Johnknight", but I'm getting to my point bringing up Ridley. What would his stage be=??? Would it be that giant pit shown it one of the MP3 trailers=??? Would it be another MP 3 course, or even a MP 1, 2, or Zero Mission stage=??? Or could it possibly even be a Metroid I or II, or more likely Super Metroid stage? Any thoughts or ideas on this matter=???=I'm intrested, because I can't think of one.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ Ya Chozo Ruins is awsome (and would be a sick stage), but I imagine it is something from Metroid Zero Mission, Super Metroid or more likely Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. I'm assuming Ridley will play a huge roll in MP3, because the developers of the game say they plan on adding drama, and Ridley has already been shown in a boss battle. In other words, his course will more than likely be from MP3, and Sakurai obviously has inside information from Nintendo itself.

However, I think the space colony course (hopefully it's a total war zone=uber pwnage!) will be Zamus' course, and Samus will have either Zebes, or something from Prime 1 or 2. I'm guessing there will be 4 Metroid stages, the series has skyrocked since Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion, though the fact it isn't too popular in Japan is a letback (don't know good games obviously). So overall I expect:

-1 Metroid Prime 1 or 2 stage, maybe 2
-1 Metroid Prime 3 stage, but 3 is more likely IMO
-1 Metroid Hunters or Fusion course

and maybe Zebes from SSB64 or SSBM returning. Plus there is some chance of a Metroid II or Super Metroid stage I suppose, but generally we'll get stages from the 4 Primes, Zero Mission (which I guess counts as The original Metroid, but I assume we'll get a stage that can only be found in Zero Mission), and maybe a Metroid Fusion stage. Just a thought.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
hopefully a really excellent metroid stage. i loved the first one, and the zebes one in melee was pretty good, but i really didn't like the kraid stage. if any, i think a mix between light and dark aether. half and half, where one side is dark and can hurt you, but you have those light staffs for protection, and maybe the Ing and Luminoth fight in the background

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Worst stage ever= the original Planet Zebes. The lava hurt like a hammer and it spent too much time in the stage so you just ended up running away from lava than actually fighting. Similar with Big Blue. Too much trying to avoid falling off a car and being sucked away by the road moving a million miles an hour than actually fighting.

I'm glad they fixed Zebes, and they most likely will do it again. Maybe they'll make it better than now.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Worst stage ever= the original Planet Zebes. The lava hurt like a hammer and it spent too much time in the stage so you just ended up running away from lava than actually fighting. Similar with Big Blue. Too much trying to avoid falling off a car and being sucked away by the road moving a million miles an hour than actually fighting.

I'm glad they fixed Zebes, and they most likely will do it again. Maybe they'll make it better than now.
I say Brinstar Depths was worse than the SSB Planet Zebes.

Top Bottom