• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I'd really like to see what that "NOTICE" icon is there for. I'm thinking it's either there just in case of the worst-case-scenario that they give us a release date and then have to push it back a bit (NOTICE: We got ahead of ourselves!) or it's there to notify us of changes to the game from Melee such as things like game mechanics and things they left out such as characters or items (NOTICE: Sorry, but it had to go!).

I think I just want that icon to be highlighted like the rest of them. I have a peeve about symmetry and equality. :urg: Unbalanced things skeeve me (unless we're talking about Shiek. Hehehe).

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Yup, that'd be something.
I want to see Olimar appear in some trailer xD
I wish I could go to E3, but I'll just get all the info from the internet.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I hope sakurai will update us with some more very soon at E3 and btw I really like the new Wario stage it's freakin awesome!

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman

This definately got me excited.
Awesome, this is what stage I've been waiting for.
Now I am complete. Definately the best week of updates yet.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
How are they breathing? And why is there gravity? I suggest that you not worry about it too much.

- - -

I just realized my theory on semi-0 gravity is false.
Darn =/ still awesome though.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait for E3! NEW STAGES! NEW CHARACTERS! RELEASE DATE! Also, I read that the release date was leaked, it said September 27...true or false? We'll find out anytime from July 11-13! Also, Lylat Cruise looks awesome, can't wait to play it!

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
**** that stuff, man. I'm having an orgasm over this stage. Just imagine what I'll be like playing on it!

YES YES YES! Star Fox fandom, strikes. Three Star Fox updates this week... here I come, Wolf.

On Topic: This stage looks so... ****ing... pimp. Traveling throughout the Lylat System on a Lylat "Cruiser" (battleship, more like). I wonder how many places you visit. You obviously visit Corneria and Meteo and I'm sure we can assume you visit Venom, but what about some of the other more well known planets? Fortuna? Fichina? Sector Z? SOLAR(OMG that would be cool)? Sector Y? Zoness? Sargasso Space Zone?

The possibilities are endless. No one say Dinosaur Planet, either. That planet isn't in the lylat system. I'll slap you if you say that. It'd be cool to visit the Aparaoid homeworld... again, not in the Lylat System... unless... you go through the orbital gate... wow, this stage has so much potential.

Sorry... I'm one happy Star Fox fan.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
This stage looks good. I like the atmosphere place with clouds. It seems pretty graceful to fight and look at there.
We did not get a Wario stage people.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
YES YES YES! Star Fox fandom, strikes. Three Star Fox updates this week... here I come, Wolf.
There were only two SF updates. The other three this week were: Link's FS, Pika's FS, and Wario

Lylat stage looks pretty pimp so far. I'm holdin out for a rele epic zelda stage.

and wario stage!??!?! WHA!??!!?
I think the Wario stage definitely needs to be based off of WarioWare. Like...every once in a while, it could pop up a word like "Dodge!" wherein a bunch of crap will fall on you if you don't get out of the way. Or...other such things where it gives you a "word of warning" :chuckle: and you have to follow it...while battling, of course.

Oh yes, on topic...this thread is SERIOUSLY behind in updates. It still has in the first post "this is supposedly 'Battlefield', buuuuttt...we'll wait and see about that..." It has nothing about Delfino, and Lylat and Yoshi's Story aren't updated either.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
It looks like this is based on star fox 64 but the design of the ship your battling on looks like something out of assault so im not sure if we will be visiting the orbital gate or Aparaoid home world but we should defiantly be visiting Katina and i think this is sector Y looks like it!

But it might just be a space battle outside Venom or Corneria (Like in the opening of assault)

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice
Am i the only one with the problem with some of the stages. Sure the Lylat Cruise looks great in the backround, the backround is awsome. But, the coarse is just oneplatform with 3 platforms over it just like a lot of other coarses. I want something unique about this map that really makes me want to play in it, besides the backround. Maybe in different areas different things happen. Like if your in a battle you may get shot.. Or when your in space u stay in air a little longer, that would make air battles great, and when u go into Corniria they jump like normal. Or maybe even when your in a huge battle your ship maybe get shot and the the whole place just shakes up for a little bit. And if your playing a tornament and want that not to happen they should put in the options something to turn that off, Idk, i just want some unique about these maps besides the backround. Everybody mensions how good the backround looks and how detailed, i agree with them. Its great. But it doesn't affect the gameplay that much. Im a guy who looks more for the gameplay then the graphics.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Like most people and most of us presume that the backgrounds usually change the battle like the halberd stage and haven't you even watched the trailers? This stage does have low gravity.

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice
i watched both of them

Edit. After watching them again they only show a little part with the lylat cruise. Im still not convised. The last part of the second video they go upclose to fox and he jumps up and it seems the same

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Am i the only one with the problem with some of the stages. Sure the Lylat Cruise looks great in the backround, the backround is awsome. But, the coarse is just oneplatform with 3 platforms over it just like a lot of other coarses. I want something unique about this map that really makes me want to play in it, besides the backround. Maybe in different areas different things happen. Like if your in a battle you may get shot.. Or when your in space u stay in air a little longer, that would make air battles great, and when u go into Corniria they jump like normal. Or maybe even when your in a huge battle your ship maybe get shot and the the whole place just shakes up for a little bit. And if your playing a tornament and want that not to happen they should put in the options something to turn that off, Idk, i just want some unique about these maps besides the backround. Everybody mensions how good the backround looks and how detailed, i agree with them. Its great. But it doesn't affect the gameplay that much. Im a guy who looks more for the gameplay then the graphics.
I know what you're saying. But I don't think having a simple stage design is that bad, the most popular maps in melee were the simple ones like final destination and dreamland.

Also, we know little about how the stages work right now. We know what they look like, and a couple of other things, but not everything. If I recall, one of the trailers did show low gravity for a stage (zamus floating).

Too much stage interactivity could be a bad thing, as is seen in stages like Big Blue and the Ice Climbers stage.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Ty, yes GG does indeed rock!

I hope that in the lylat stage they have the Starfox team talking from time to time like the super-taunts of melee. Like when they're about to enter Meteo they say something like "Hang on!" heh. It would feel like a theme park ride almost.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Maybe they could make a stage based on that theme park in mario sunshine that would be interesting.

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice
I know what you're saying. But I don't think having a simple stage design is that bad, the most popular maps in melee were the simple ones like final destination and dreamland.

Also, we know little about how the stages work right now. We know what they look like, and a couple of other things, but not everything. If I recall, one of the trailers did show low gravity for a stage (zamus floating).

Too much stage interactivity could be a bad thing, as is seen in stages like Big Blue and the Ice Climbers stage.
Your right, but i don't like every map to be simple like that. It gets boring.

Yhea in the second one in the last part of it with fox and this stage watch how they jump.
Yes i already said in the second film at the last part it does show fox jump up close but it still doesn't look a like any difference to me.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
The tour of Isle Delfino is actually the tour of Delfino plaza and they include loads of Mario stages so what harm is another one gonna do (I could be similar the Mute city and Big blue somehow).

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice

O, and also, i think they put that in slow motion. Lol. if it was like that it would be a little to slow compared to the other clips in that trailer. In the other maps they already said whats unique about it but not for the lylat cruise. The team thats making this game is smart, i hope they r just not telling us bc it such a great map. Lol, thats wishful thinking. i hope the map changes when playing though.

QUOTE BY LEGOLASTOM: The tour of Isle Delfino is actually the tour of Delfino plaza and they include loads of Mario stages so what harm is another one gonna do (I could be similar the Mute city and Big blue somehow). UNQUOTE

Well, if u look at the pictures closely u can see when u land the layout of the map changes. So u got the main centere of it that floats around, but u also got the area to the left and right that has changed that i think u can play on. So wherever u land, the layout of the map with change

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Anyone else notice the name of the ship they're riding on? It's name is Pleiades.

I got to thinking why he would choose that name, so I did a wiki search, and got some interesting results.

Pleiades is the name of the Seven Sisters and daughters of the titan Atlas in greek mythology. They were companions to Artemis and apparently like to get friendly with the Gods.. lol.

Also, there is a cluster of seven stars called the Pleiades cluster, probably named after the mythological sisters.

And lastly, and more interestingly, Pleiadians are said to be a race of extraterrestrials (!) from the cluster of stars I mentioned above. Many people have said to have interacted with this humanoid race over the years, as far back as the 1940's and several times during the 70's and 80's.

Quite an interesting name choice if you ask me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleiades

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice
I think they were looking for an interesting greek or roman name since a lot of them have to do with space. Probably one of the only ok sounding name that wasn't taken, lol.

lol, getting friendly with the gods. HA. lol, still cant get over that. Nice choice of words. O, i wonder what that could mean ;) ;) . lol. ha ha. HA

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Battlefield: Standard stage wth three platforms.
Delfino Plaza: So far the two areas we saw were a flat stage in mid air and when landed at one point there are stairs going up on both left and right sides.
Yoshi's island: Main platform, one tilting platform, and a support ghost on the left side.
Lylat Cruise: Three platforms, but they are aligned (different.)
Halberd Stage: Initially one platform, but one platform comes pops up after a while.
Pokemon Staduim: Two plaforms, most likely will have things popping up like last time.
Angel Land: Three platform stage, but (even the main platform) will crumble sometimes.
Mario Kart Stage: Three platforms, and the two side platforms are different. Plus shy guys drive by through the stage.

So, so far all the stages that we remotely know of (the castle stage(s) and the Snake stage i can't comment on) are all dfferent so stop whining.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
That castle stages has a weird layout but i like that and all the stages have other things poping up and stuff from time to time so they mainly are not simple.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
So, so far all the stages that we remotely know of (the castle stage(s) and the Snake stage i can't comment on) are all dfferent so stop whining.
I don't know if there are two castle stages or one that moves. In the second trailer, you see them fighting on the roof of a castle (same as the screenshot with Pika riding the crate), but it also has a quick "tour" of the inside of a castle stage with statues holding up platforms.

The outside castle, we could see at least two floating platforms in different positions and a bigger platform with some contour to it. Inside, there is a crazy assortment/arrangement of "floating" platforms as well as the ground area (reminds me a little of the rock form of Poke Stadium in Melee).

So anyway, so far, every single stage has been very different in its layout. Even stages with three floating platforms have very different orientations and interactivity. So far, I am very pleased with the new stages. Just from what we know thus far, I don't see any stage that wouldn't be tournament appropriate (that said without having played on them yet), and yet...each one will present something new and interesting.

Top Bottom