• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

Zjiin

Smash Master
I think the 3 platforms will rock, and i'm willing to bet there will be a cheap tactic comming out of that middle platform. (i can sense it, heh) The only thing that worries me about LC(dare i start abbreviating it?) is that the camera seems to rock left to right, which might not have any impact of play, but it sure looks odd.

GenG

Smash Lord
I think the 3 platforms will rock, and i'm willing to bet there will be a cheap tactic comming out of that middle platform. (i can sense it, heh) The only thing that worries me about LC(dare i start abbreviating it?) is that the camera seems to rock left to right, which might not have any impact of play, but it sure looks odd.
As a Falcon player I can see some delicious uthrow to platform tech chase in that stage.

But what really ticks me off is the edges of most stage we've seen are diagonal. A solid hit from that angle and you are done for sure.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Now, I'm not an avid Starfox player and havn't been keeping up with the series, but I don't think the Peleidas is a Starfox ship. I think it was created by Sakurai to have the Smashers tour the Lylat System. I expect there to be other courses much like this (like how you fight on that one grate in Delfino and travel on that one platform around the Halberd, but they're platforms and not ships, ships need names, platforms can be platforms).

And to someone who said that "the simple layout of the Lylat stage will just get boring", I have this to say to you: WTF?! OMG YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT?! Look at the explosions and asteroids and spaceships and dogfights! How could this level possibly get boring at all? I can see myself playing this level, and every other level we've seen so far, countless times!

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice
Now, I'm not an avid Starfox player and havn't been keeping up with the series, but I don't think the Peleidas is a Starfox ship. I think it was created by Sakurai to have the Smashers tour the Lylat System. I expect there to be other courses much like this (like how you fight on that one grate in Delfino and travel on that one platform around the Halberd, but they're platforms and not ships, ships need names, platforms can be platforms).

And to someone who said that "the simple layout of the Lylat stage will just get boring", I have this to say to you: WTF?! OMG YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT?! Look at the explosions and asteroids and spaceships and dogfights! How could this level possibly get boring at all? I can see myself playing this level, and every other level we've seen so far, countless times!
Thats not what i ment. Its just most of the maps have the basic platform with 3 platforms above it. That structure will get boring. Even if the 3 platforms r positioned differently its still basicly the same structure. I don't want to have the basic structure in a lot of the maps. It justs gets boring after a while. Yes the backrounds r great and detailed, definitly the lylat cruise ( the peleidas isn't a star fox ship of what i know), but backround and graphics arn't everything. Im just saying they should have more maps going away from the basic structure and if it has the basic structure they should change what happens throughout the game, like getting shot from one of the ships... i don't want to explain again, just read my other comment earlier. I just want a varioty.

O ya, and about the dogfights, explosions, asteriods and everything theyll be great, but thats all in the backround. and when u play u wont have the time to look at it closely. U'll be too busy playing and fighting. If u do take the time to look at it ull die, lol. u can't do both at the same time.

Its not going to be really boring but it could be better

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Unless you are fighting a n00b online. You can gaze not move and the will charge up an hour long smash, you jump and Dair them then stare again.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
O ya, and about the dogfights, explosions, asteriods and everything theyll be great, but thats all in the backround. and when u play u wont have the time to look at it closely. U'll be too busy playing and fighting. If u do take the time to look at it ull die, lol. u can't do both at the same time.

Well I love the setup, it's never been done before and it's so simple yet practically unthought of. One main platform with two slopes, and three raised platforms all at the same height. Brillian Sakurai!

There's no telling at this point if the dogfights and asteroids and whathaveyou will be purely cosmetic. "Just for looks" certainly isn't the running theme in Starfox stages. I'll bet any money that this course will have some interactivity, there's just too much going on for there not to be any.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I'll bet any money that this course will have some interactivity, there's just too much going on for there not to be any.
I has been a while since i heard on it, but i do remember that they said they would have an toggle option for stage events to occur. (i.e. cars in Onett) So if this is true, we shouldn't have to consider stage interactivity on a tournament playing level.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Thats not what i ment. Its just most of the maps have the basic platform with 3 platforms above it. That structure will get boring. Even if the 3 platforms r positioned differently its still basicly the same structure. I don't want to have the basic structure in a lot of the maps. It justs gets boring after a while. Yes the backrounds r great and detailed, definitly the lylat cruise ( the peleidas isn't a star fox ship of what i know), but backround and graphics arn't everything. Im just saying they should have more maps going away from the basic structure and if it has the basic structure they should change what happens throughout the game, like getting shot from one of the ships... i don't want to explain again, just read my other comment earlier. I just want a varioty.

Look at my previous post, all of them are original. And awesome.

I don't know if there are two castle stages or one that moves. In the second trailer, you see them fighting on the roof of a castle (same as the screenshot with Pika riding the crate), but it also has a quick "tour" of the inside of a castle stage with statues holding up platforms.

The outside castle, we could see at least two floating platforms in different positions and a bigger platform with some contour to it. Inside, there is a crazy assortment/arrangement of "floating" platforms as well as the ground area (reminds me a little of the rock form of Poke Stadium in Melee).

So anyway, so far, every single stage has been very different in its layout. Even stages with three floating platforms have very different orientations and interactivity. So far, I am very pleased with the new stages. Just from what we know thus far, I don't see any stage that wouldn't be tournament appropriate (that said without having played on them yet), and yet...each one will present something new and interesting.
Yeah, my memory of the castle stages are very blurry, but will be amazing.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
**** that stuff, man. I'm having an orgasm over this stage. Just imagine what I'll be like playing on it!

YES YES YES! Star Fox fandom, strikes. Three Star Fox updates this week... here I come, Wolf.

On Topic: This stage looks so... ****ing... pimp. Traveling throughout the Lylat System on a Lylat "Cruiser" (battleship, more like). I wonder how many places you visit. You obviously visit Corneria and Meteo and I'm sure we can assume you visit Venom, but what about some of the other more well known planets? Fortuna? Fichina? Sector Z? SOLAR(OMG that would be cool)? Sector Y? Zoness? Sargasso Space Zone?

The possibilities are endless. No one say Dinosaur Planet, either. That planet isn't in the lylat system. I'll slap you if you say that. It'd be cool to visit the Aparaoid homeworld... again, not in the Lylat System... unless... you go through the orbital gate... wow, this stage has so much potential.

Sorry... I'm one happy Star Fox fan.
I'm just as happy as you are ;)
I thought Dinosaur Planet was in the Lylat system?
EDIT: To go with the current discussion:

All of the levels are original.
Besides, we've only seen four of them ;)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea and how are you supposed to play the game anyways? i mean you cant look at the Tv and press buttons at the same time!

O yeah and Kash Dino planet is in the Lylat system its just at its very edge.(Id expect you to know that)

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I don't want to have the basic structure in a lot of the maps. It justs gets boring after a while.
I hear you, and I agree. After a while, it seemed all of our stages picks were narrowed down to FD, Battlefield, FoD, Dreamland64, Yoshi's Story, and Poke Stadium. I enjoyed the other stages, but they just weren't realistic for a competitive match most of the time. So, I do hope for variety in stage set up.

But, I have no reason to believe that is an issue for Brawl thus far...

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
I hear you, and I agree. After a while, it seemed all of our stages picks were narrowed down to FD, Battlefield, FoD, Dreamland64, Yoshi's Story, and Poke Stadium. I enjoyed the other stages, but they just weren't realistic for a competitive match most of the time. So, I do hope for variety in stage set up.

But, I have no reason to believe that is an issue for Brawl thus far...
I don't think it will be an issue.
It might be banned from tournies, but online play will save your boredom.

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice
Unless you are fighting a n00b online. You can gaze not move and the will charge up an hour long smash, you jump and Dair them then stare again.
Lol, i might just make a game where 2 real players but im the only one so i can look at the backround. I find i cant look at the backround too mcuh when playing in melee

Well I love the setup, it's never been done before and it's so simple yet practically unthought of. One main platform with two slopes, and three raised platforms all at the same height. Brillian Sakurai!

There's no telling at this point if the dogfights and asteroids and whathaveyou will be purely cosmetic. "Just for looks" certainly isn't the running theme in Starfox stages. I'll bet any money that this course will have some interactivity, there's just too much going on for there not to be any.
I bet there just hiding it right now. They've done a good job on the last 2 games, they should be doing an even better job on this one. im just basing what i've been posting on the imformation mostly on the official posts on the brawl website so far. i don't want to get my hopes really high and then for them to be crushed later on. They might make lylat cruise really interactive and probably will, but we just don't know yet. hopefull there working more on the interactiveness of each map instead of changing the basic design. Id rather have a map with the basic structer and it being really interactive then with a huge map that isn't interactive at all.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Warning: Rabid Star Fox fan about to respond to some quotes. Brace yourself.

It looks like this is based on star fox 64 but the design of the ship your battling on looks like something out of assault so im not sure if we will be visiting the orbital gate or Aparaoid home world but we should defiantly be visiting Katina and i think this is sector Y looks like it!

But it might just be a space battle outside Venom or Corneria (Like in the opening of assault)
Alright, folks. This (as can be expected) stage is based off of Star Fox: Assault, one of the newest Star Fox games. It only makes sense that Brawl would be focused on new entries in a franchise (Twilight Princess for Link for example).

How do I know this? Not only is the ship you fight on directly out of Assault (not necessarily Pleidas, but the design) but that red ship in the fourth screen shot is taken directly out of the first battle in Star Fox Assault. As a matter of fact, that even looks like the first battle in Star Fox Assault.

However, the Arwing designs are that of the SF64 Arwings... interesting. In any case, going with the assumption this is the battle, or a similar one, to that in the beginning of Star Fox Assault they are just outside the Fortuna air space, not Corneria or Venom. As for Sector Y, it is quite possible Sector Y could be in the background, but it isn't near Sector Y. I'd bet a pretty penny on it.

A visit to Katina would be likely as there is a Cornerian army base located there and that's the first time you meet Bill. Man... I hope Bill and Katt make a cameo (not characters, I just want cool cameos).

Am i the only one with the problem with some of the stages. Sure the Lylat Cruise looks great in the backround, the backround is awsome. But, the coarse is just oneplatform with 3 platforms over it just like a lot of other coarses. I want something unique about this map that really makes me want to play in it, besides the backround. Maybe in different areas different things happen. Like if your in a battle you may get shot.. Or when your in space u stay in air a little longer, that would make air battles great, and when u go into Corniria they jump like normal. Or maybe even when your in a huge battle your ship maybe get shot and the the whole place just shakes up for a little bit. And if your playing a tornament and want that not to happen they should put in the options something to turn that off, Idk, i just want some unique about these maps besides the backround. Everybody mensions how good the backround looks and how detailed, i agree with them. Its great. But it doesn't affect the gameplay that much. Im a guy who looks more for the gameplay then the graphics.
Alright... this is really irritating me. For starters, think of other fighting games. Or not even just fighting games, GTA for that matter. My point, maps and stages on that are all the same. Sure, DOA might have different stages... but aren't they all just flat stages. Just one flat piece of solid ground with enviormental hazards? Isn't GTA just the same exact layout, just with different looking buildings place in different locations?

My point: Stfu. Sora is obviously putting an extreme amount of effort into their stages to make them enjoyable for all, and as we know from past games, most stages do have little gimmicks or enviormental effects to spice up the stage. I'm not big on graphics, more on gameplay, but you're taking it to too big of an extreme.

Just enjoy the stages for what it is.

Ty, yes GG does indeed rock!

I hope that in the lylat stage they have the Starfox team talking from time to time like the super-taunts of melee. Like when they're about to enter Meteo they say something like "Hang on!" heh. It would feel like a theme park ride almost.
Omg. That sent a chill up my spine, lol. That would be freaking great... really great. One down side, it would get irritating hearing the same quotes after several hundred times of playing the stage. But I think that is a minor concern. Peppy: I got boggies on my tail! Wolf: Not so fast, Fox.

Anyone else notice the name of the ship they're riding on? It's name is Pleiades.

I got to thinking why he would choose that name, so I did a wiki search, and got some interesting results.

Pleiades is the name of the Seven Sisters and daughters of the titan Atlas in greek mythology. They were companions to Artemis and apparently like to get friendly with the Gods.. lol.

Also, there is a cluster of seven stars called the Pleiades cluster, probably named after the mythological sisters.

And lastly, and more interestingly, Pleiadians are said to be a race of extraterrestrials (!) from the cluster of stars I mentioned above. Many people have said to have interacted with this humanoid race over the years, as far back as the 1940's and several times during the 70's and 80's.

Quite an interesting name choice if you ask me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleiades
That's really cool, and very interesting. Seven sisters? Ha. There are four Star Fox members and three Star Wolf team members. Also, the Star Fox team has had seven pilot members. Meh, just me throwin' stuff out there. Very interesting. I was gonna research it myself, buty ou beat me to it.

That's it. This stage will so lag online.
Shut up.

Pleidas is a Star Fox ship. Not Pleidas specifically, but the ship design is. Play the first level of Star Fox Assault.

This is my favorite thus far and it is gonna take one ****ing hell of a stage to top it. This won't get boring for me.

I has been a while since i heard on it, but i do remember that they said they would have an toggle option for stage events to occur. (i.e. cars in Onett) So if this is true, we shouldn't have to consider stage interactivity on a tournament playing level.
I'd like you to point me in that direction, but the main reason I quoted this is because so many people are bringing this up.

You people need to stop thinking in the competitive sense. Smash Brothers is not a game designed with competition in mind, unlike games like say Marvel vs. Capcom and Tekken. Sure those games are designed with other people in mind, but they keep competition a major topic throughout developement. Smash is the polar opposite. It is a party game. A party game meant to have fun with with several friends. Get rid of the competitive mindset, pl0x.

I'm just as happy as you are ;)
I thought Dinosaur Planet was in the Lylat system?
EDIT: To go with the current discussion:

All of the levels are original.
Besides, we've only seen four of them ;)
All of the levels are very unique and bring something new to the table. Very enjoyable, they will be ^_^.

As for Dinosaur Planet, no it isn't. Nor is the Aparoid homeworld and I don't believe Papetoon is part of Lylat either, but I think I'm wrong about Papetoon. It's just far away. Those are the only outside Lylat planets ever dealt with in the Star Fox universe thus far.

Yhea and how are you supposed to play the game anyways? i mean you cant look at the Tv and press buttons at the same time!

O yeah and Kash Dino planet is in the Lylat system its just at its very edge.(Id expect you to know that)
Lies! It isn't in the Lylat system. The planets (and places) in the Lylat system are: Corneria, Meteo, Katina, Sector Y, Aquas, Zoness, Macbeth, Area 6, Sector Z, Sector X, Titania, Solar, Venom, Fortuna, and Fichina. I'm pretty sure that's it. However, in the Assault version of the Lylat system, Zoness and Macbeth are missing and I think Katina might be as well. Let me fetch a picture:

That's a really... REALLY weird image of the Star Fox Command Lylat system. However, that game was messed up, bad (story wise) and I think Sakurai is focusing more on Assault, so here is Assault's Lylat system:

Well, for some reason I can't find it now... *is annoyed* so here is the Star Fox 64 Lylat:

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Bringing that screenie up brings back memories :p
I might have to go out an buy the game again, what an awesome story.
Anywho, the planets from N64 won't have Dinosaur Planet... it's older.
If you can get the Assult + screenie, then I'd believe.

But I just remember Pepper in the Adventures game talking about how it's at the edge of the Lylat System, and that if you don't save it, the system will be in peril blah blah, blah.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Uh Kash you do realize that the Lylat system isn't just those planets? Dino planet is far on the very edge of the lylat system away from all the "Main" planets in the picture but still orbiting Lylat (The sun)(Solar isn't the sun by the way its just a big fire ball in space or something).

O yhea and iv been working on 20 cards for the new thread i just got 6 left!

And yhea Green shell the game itself states Dino planet is in the Lylat system.

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice
Alright... this is really irritating me. For starters, think of other fighting games. Or not even just fighting games, GTA for that matter. My point, maps and stages on that are all the same. Sure, DOA might have different stages... but aren't they all just flat stages. Just one flat piece of solid ground with enviormental hazards? Isn't GTA just the same exact layout, just with different looking buildings place in different locations?

My point: Stfu. Sora is obviously putting an extreme amount of effort into their stages to make them enjoyable for all, and as we know from past games, most stages do have little gimmicks or enviormental effects to spice up the stage. I'm not big on graphics, more on gameplay, but you're taking it to too big of an extreme.

Just enjoy the stages for what it is.

Omg. That sent a chill up my spine, lol. That would be freaking great... really great. One down side, it would get irritating hearing the same quotes after several hundred times of playing the stage. But I think that is a minor concern. Peppy: I got boggies on my tail! Wolf: Not so fast, Fox.
Kashakunaki, stay calm, don't go and say stfu just bc i want to tell everybody what i think of the maps. This is a place where u discuss what u think of the maps of brawl, am i right? Don't freak out man. Just calm down. O, and i don't like fighting games like that. The only one i play once in a while is soul calibor. Yes those maps r flat but what keeps me playing is the large varioty of moves. Lol, hard to master. Yes i will enjoy the maps, but i think they could be better. I just basing my thoughts on what i see right now, don't want to get my hopes too high for them to be crushed. I have repeated this a lot, they hopefully and probably r making and have made more different maps and left out some details about the maps theyve showed. So just calm down.

u shouldn't get in the habit of reply messages like that. Some people will get offended and will argue back and worse. So try not to reply to people so angryly, k. Lol, not tryin to be your parent here, but just watch out about that.

o and also about the starfox characters speaking, i hope they don't do that bc my opinion, those voices get kind of annoying. They probably will at some point in the game, but i hope they don't do it too much. lol

Huzzah for 14?!
Everyone knows Spongebob, even newborns. :)
Lol, i know spongebob, loved the middle part of the series, not to fond of the new upisodes, stopped watching bc of them.

Eaode

Smash Champion
14 FTW!!!

Anyway, KoF:

I really don't know why You are so worried about the stages being more interesting. I mean, All of the levels we have seen so far all have unique layouts (save Batlefield and PS, which are returning anyway). What's there to complain about? Not nly that, but pretty much all the stages change over time in foreground and/or background.

I seriously don't see the problem. :/

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice
Well, im still worried about the stages, lol, i worry about a lot of things, not the best thing. I hope they do. Anything u guys say will not change my mind, unless they release the imformation on the brawl website or when i get the game. I always worry about everything, even the smallest thingsthats just how i am. Lol, what does ftw mean. i know what wtf but not ftw.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

I guess this stage is kind of like the Corneria stage which is a good thing except that it will be moving through asteroids which makes it much more interesting

Top Bottom