• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Obviously its not gonna be a past stage who would think that?

Its just gonna be remodeled to have the same (I would presume) design as battle field (With the more natural feel to it) and the background well... it would be great if it soared over places from past games (Like it flies over Phazon mines and Hyrule field as well as Mushroom kingdom).

O yhea what do you think the other Pokemon stage will be (We are obviously not gonna have only one) I think it might be in a contest hall with Pokemon randomly popping up and performing moves.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Obviously its not gonna be a past stage who would think that?

Its just gonna be remodeled to have the same (I would presume) design as battle field (With the more natural feel to it) and the background well... it would be great if it soared over places from past games (Like it flies over Phazon mines and Hyrule field as well as Mushroom kingdom).

O yhea what do you think the other Pokemon stage will be (We are obviously not gonna have only one) I think it might be in a contest hall with Pokemon randomly popping up and performing moves.
People were arguing with me...you would be surprised.
That is what I said.
You read my thoughts. I think a contest hall or another thing like the floats...maybe a parade?
PS to Lego-
we got ethan with that other Rick Roll...two in a roll. Ha Ha, get it. Roll-Row.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping for the Poke'mon stage to be Blane's Stadium. For those of you who don't know what that is, here's a picture to give you an idea:

NOTE: This is the broken stadium, from Episode 59, Volcanic Panic. In the game, it would be balanced out, and repaired to the fullest. Also, it'd be a plain and simple, flat stage. The only twist would be the lava on the bottom of the stage, acting the same as Brinstar's stage.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I like the idea of a new FD that flies through the different game universes. The Lylat System and Delfino Plaza stages are progressive stages that could really only be super small scale examples of the progressive nature of the stages.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
i don't think it's any, i think sakurai made it up. it is a pretty cool name.

i wish they could do something like that for the mario kart stage. i would love to visit banshee boardwalk and rainbow road instead of staying in one spot
Or maybe Miyamoto gave him inside information about a new Star Fox game (probablly for the Wii), and that ship could be in it. Hmm...that makes me REALLY wonder... :urg: :psycho: Where did Sakurai come up this stage (idea)=??? And ya, it is a pretty sick name, I searched it on wikipedia, and I saw that there was a system of stars or something with the same name.

Anyways, I bet the Mario Kart course will move. There hasn't been a racing course stage in SSB yet not to move (then again there is only Big Blue and Mute City=ya).

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
It'd sure be sweet if everytime you picked the Mario Kart course, it was a different stretch of that track, or if it were the same platforms, but a different track each time.
I could already see the trouble that it would cause in tournaments if thats how it were though...

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
i'm a little worried though
allthe stages have one large platform with 2or three small ones
i love those stages but playing in a unique and bizarre course is also refreshing
so far only delfino plaza has that

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
From the original vid you can tell they've got some good stuff coming for us. The one with the crumbling stage looks awesome. I'm not worried at all. I've got all the faith in the world for Sakurai.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
the most hectic and crazy stage possible

a Mario Party stage

random cameos will cause damage, and anything can fit in it

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Well the Fire Emblem stages are looking to be quite original. I think the indoor one has multiple platform levels and the outside one has a slope in the middle of the main stage and then a floating platform over each flat side. They look promising. And so far... I'm not upset with any of the new stages. At least we don't have a million "Three Platform Pyramid" levels like we did in Melee.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I like basic stages but the Pit stage that crumbles is a great twist and I hope they have more like that. Also, Yoshis Island(brawl) is the design of the Metal Mario stage with one slanted platform in the middle except the ghost part. Metal Marios stage is my second favorite next to Kongo Jungle 64.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I like the update today. I definitely think it could mean one or two LoZ levels. The Final Battleground would be a sweet one too. I would be in hysterics if they had the metal mario bros. stage as a past stage. It was just so cool...

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice
I want to see the legend of zelda levels.

Does anybody know if they're going to orcastrate the music or synthesize it, or just depending on what person is doing the music? i hope they orchastrate all of the music. it doesn't look like that from what they r posting on the brawl website. All of them r not orchastrated, maybe the menu theme is, the LoZ Ocarina of Time Medley is great but it sounds kind of synthesized, still cant stop liscening to it bc it great how it is. i hope they r just posting the synthesized versions and then there going to orchastrate it later when they have all the music down.

i wonder if this week is supposed to be Legend of Zelda week for the brawl website

SuperLinkBrothers

Smash Ace
How about from Origonal Metroid and Zero Mission,
It starts off right in front of the Brain with a samus in the background shooting the brain,
the hallway would be bigger than in Metroid though, you would have to dodge the guns!
Then the brain would blow up and you go in the next room where you have to jump up the shaft quikly ( sort of like Icicle Mountain, but always fast ), once you reach the top, Everyone gets beamed into Samus Starship ( beam me up scotty:laugh: ) This is a small little arena in here, but you'll soon be where you origonally land! Then you go right, up, left, and you see the two statues of Ridley, and Kraid! There eyes glow and you go past them, then you go through the shafts where Metroids Attack you, you end up where the brain blew up, and samus starts chasing people up the shaft untill you're at her ship again, then it goes around again, and it just has Samus chasing you everytime you get there!

Oh Yeah! That would be sweet!:chuckle:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm having a feeling that sakurai will put up the Mario Kart stage very soon in seeing he already put an item from it

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
i guess i;ll be the one that restates this but the banana peel is classified as a smash item

even though it's obviously from mario kart

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
No it is not oblivious because it is not. Clearly if you knew anything of Mario Kart, they have eyes on the banana. Clearly it is Donkey Kong. Even though those weren't weapons or items, it has to be from that or Mario Party.

OmegaXXII

^^ yeah you have a point there I just wasn't thinking straight :chuckle: anyway I would like to see a stage from twilight princess which we probably will but i'm wondering what kind of stage will it be? any ideas?

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
ok so this has surely been addressed, but i'm not into reading over 100 pages of posts. Everyone pretty much has a fairly sure guess of all the stages we have seen so far, but there is one stage I have never read any guesses about, and I have no idea what it could be from-
the second trailer (as in, the most recent one that showcased fox) has a stage that appears quite dark and seems indoors, and there are large statues that look liek they support some platforms. the background looks like a throne room or somethign of inside a castle, but could this be another FE stage? i mean, it certainly resembles the style shown in what many of us have come to assume is the stage top of a FE castle, but i would be surprised to see more than one stage released for any franchise- especially a franchise with no officially released characters yet.

Edit: the stage I'm talkin abotu can be seen soon after they show the yoshi's island stage change seasons, and then right after the quick cut to the Mario Kart stage.

OmegaXXII

I'm guessing it's the same stage, meaning the stage will move around while fighting and those statues are inside it while the stage moves

OmegaXXII

well the Battlefield stage and Lylat Cruise are two that dont actually change the stage itself just the background, but i think it's great that sakurai is putting alot of these moving stages

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
No, they'll be two separate levels. I'll bet anything they are. There would be too much hastle to go from inside the castle to outside on the roof. This isn't Mortal Kombat where if one character gets smacked through a wall the fight moves. If a character gets smacked through a wall in Smash, they die. This game involves more than two characters, meaning all the characters would have to move just to accomodate the one who fell. That would ruin the fight especially if, say, player 3 was whoopin' player 4 and then on the other side of the stage player 1 knocks player 2 inside the castle, taking a pause from the fight and sets the characters back up in a completely different scenario. Player 3 would lose his momentum and it could ultimately be his downfall.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
yeah i hope if they are the same stage, it doesnt involve what Dyce was saying. It should just move around like the Delfino isle does, or something similar.

I also like some moving stages, but I also like lots of variety, and that is what is best suited for brawl- variety! I just hope they keep some more similar to lylat cruise and yoshi's isle - stages that will be simpler to play in, and not so involved

Top Bottom