• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yeah my two mains...I like it as well.

Ike will make it and I hope Hector does too but Ike more. I think Ike will be more Bad@$$ then Marth was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!1one.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
If the old stages return, Nintendo will have to revamp them. I mean, Link from Twilight Princess fighting on, say, Mushroom Kingdom 2 from Melee? No. It just wouldn't work. I seriously doubt that more than a few stages will return anyway.

That said, I want FD and Battlefield to return, along with both Zelda stages. And Dream Land N64!

Also, how 'bout a Paper Mario level? For example, everyone is flat at first; when you pause and rotate the camera, you can see that everyone's made of paper. Then, the stage flips, revealing a different angle. Everyone becomes 3-D again. Occasionally, Koopas or Goombas will walk past in the background; when the stage flips, they appear on the stage.

For the Zelda level, they should have, rather than yet another castle, something different, exclusive to Zelda. Oh, here's an idea. You begin on one of the bridges in Hyrule Field where you fight the orc on the boar. The screen scrolls right or left, revealing more of Hyrule Field; some trees, rocks, another small bridge or two, some pits like there were, maybe a couple of minor goblins or something. Whilst you brawl, the time changes from day to night. Eventually, you come to the center of Hyrule Field, and when you arrive, a magical barrier goes up, like in the final stage of the fight with Ganondorf. For a while, you can only be KO'd off the top. When you hit a wall of the barrier, you bounce off and land on your back, and you take about 10%. Soon, the barier goes down, and the screen scrolls back to the bridge, where the entire process starts again. And the whole time, that fantastic Hyrule Field music from TP could be playing!
Can you tell I like Zelda?

Hmm...what else...

If Dk returns, I want more than the ****ing jungles! In DK Country, there was that awesome level...dunno what it was called, but it was the one with all the mine carts--there was a barrel cannon that launched you into a cart, and if you jumped past it, you could get launched straight to the halfway point, basically. They could do a stage based on that--everyone's in a mine cart, rushing at high speed down the track. At points, there would be obstacles; maybe the cart could crash, sending all fighters flying onto a patch of solid ground, where mine carts would crash all around, doing huge damage if one landed on you. After a while, another mine cart could come, and everyone'd have to jump in. Could be fun.

Mario Party stage!
Well, maybe not. But it could be okay, I suppose.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well one, you ain't the only Zelda lover dude. I have an extensive history and a lot of fans that argumented, agreed or whatever can tell you.
The second stage in the second level of the island...Minecart Mayhaem. Love that level and that secret barrel sends you to the end. You just jump over the barrel in the beginning, move left and then your done. Kongo Jungle 64 is the best level in SmashBros IMO but would love another one. Maybe if they want to, Dixie and Diddy can be a team and have Joe from DKC3 be in it. He would be strong, slow but good aerials and awesome. Or they could always have K friggin Rool and his Pirate Ship at the end of DKC. That stage would be perfect.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
If the old stages return, Nintendo will have to revamp them. I mean, Link from Twilight Princess fighting on, say, Mushroom Kingdom 2 from Melee? No. It just wouldn't work. I seriously doubt that more than a few stages will return anyway.

That said, I want FD and Battlefield to return, along with both Zelda stages. And Dream Land N64!
Not too many stages will return, only about 4 did from 64 to Melee. Most likely some of the simpler stages will return from Melee, like FoD, Yoshi's Story, etc. Oh and, have you forgotten that Battlefield is confirmed and returning?

Also, how 'bout a Paper Mario level? For example, everyone is flat at first; when you pause and rotate the camera, you can see that everyone's made of paper. Then, the stage flips, revealing a different angle. Everyone becomes 3-D again. Occasionally, Koopas or Goombas will walk past in the background; when the stage flips, they appear on the stage.
I don't think the developers will add that stage in, it seems like a little too much extra work and unnecessary. And besides that point, I doubt that Paper Mario will even be in Brawl.

For the Zelda level, they should have, rather than yet another castle, something different, exclusive to Zelda. Oh, here's an idea. You begin on one of the bridges in Hyrule Field where you fight the orc on the boar. The screen scrolls right or left, revealing more of Hyrule Field; some trees, rocks, another small bridge or two, some pits like there were, maybe a couple of minor goblins or something. Whilst you brawl, the time changes from day to night. Eventually, you come to the center of Hyrule Field, and when you arrive, a magical barrier goes up, like in the final stage of the fight with Ganondorf. For a while, you can only be KO'd off the top. When you hit a wall of the barrier, you bounce off and land on your back, and you take about 10%. Soon, the barier goes down, and the screen scrolls back to the bridge, where the entire process starts again. And the whole time, that fantastic Hyrule Field music from TP could be playing!
Can you tell I like Zelda?
I'm really not liking that idea for a Zelda stage, it should be one of the more popular places, and probably a stage from Twilight Princess... Hyrule Castle 64 was a good level, I think they should aim their work more to re-making that level for Brawl.

Hmm...what else...

If Dk returns, I want more than the ****ing jungles! In DK Country, there was that awesome level...dunno what it was called, but it was the one with all the mine carts--there was a barrel cannon that launched you into a cart, and if you jumped past it, you could get launched straight to the halfway point, basically. They could do a stage based on that--everyone's in a mine cart, rushing at high speed down the track. At points, there would be obstacles; maybe the cart could crash, sending all fighters flying onto a patch of solid ground, where mine carts would crash all around, doing huge damage if one landed on you. After a while, another mine cart could come, and everyone'd have to jump in. Could be fun.
This stage sounds too much like a mini-game from Mario Party, not a bad a idea, but I would prefer others for Donkey Kong's stage. I've been wanting to see a stage from Donkey Kong 64, like maybe the isle not too far from shore, or Donkey Kong's hideout. There would be many possibilities for stages, from that game.

Mario Party stage!
Well, maybe not. But it could be okay, I suppose.
Mario Kart has that covered. :)

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Some good non-jungle Dk levels would be awesome, especially the minecart one. And I would take Ike over Marth anyday XD

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
I'm really not liking that idea for a Zelda stage, it should be one of the more popular places, and probably a stage from Twilight Princess... Hyrule Castle 64 was a good level, I think they should aim their work more to re-making that level for Brawl.
Well, more castles is what I'm against. We already have one, possibly two castles shown in the trailer. And it seems like what everyone thinks about for a Zelda stage is a castle or dungeon. There's more than dungeons and castles to Zelda. :ohwell:

Now that I'm thinking of it, my Zelda idea could be improved, though. Basically, what I have now is something like Mushroom Kingdom or Onett--a walk-off and off-the-top only stage. I hate those. There should be parts where you can die off the bottom. I really liked Underground Maze in Adventure--the way it was all solid until you reached a Link fight, and then the floor vanished, leaving a Battlefield-esque stage. They could do something like that agin. Of course, they could also do a Death Mountain or Lake Hylia stage. I like how deep Nintendo is going with level design--I'm all for scrolling stages. For Lake Hylia, parts could be underwater, slowing everything down; for Death Mountain--lava, anyone? Not like the lava/acid on Brinstar--more like if you fall in, you die. They could have parts where you have to be much more careful--like parts with only a few tiny platforms. Also, the occasional meteor.

And does anyone else remember the bit in the trailer with Samus floating above Fox's ship? To me, that indicates antigrav.:dizzy: Anyone else? Could be interesting, I suppose.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Well maybe in different points in the travel on fox's ship there are differences in gravity, for instances maybe while in outer space there is less gravity, and when the ship is closer to the surface of the planet the gravity increases. just a thought..

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
I s'pose that's possible. Could be quite fun, in fact! I loved fighting Wireframes in Adventure, with the low-grav.

Here's a stage that would be cool that I forgot in my last two posts. There's probably no way it'll happen, though. The Dark World, from LttP? (Link to the Past, Zelda n00bs.)

Think. You're on Hyrule Castle (I give in, it'll probably happen). After, say, a minute of fighting, the stage transports all fighters to the Dark Pyramid. And here's the thing--all fighters become animals. In LttP, Link became a bunny, and it was later revealed that all who were transported to the Dark World changed to reveal their true nature. Anyway, it would be fun, I think.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
That issue has already been discussed about in this thread, but Sakurai wasn't exactly clear when he confirmed the stage about the gravity. He said that there still was gravity, but it's still unclear if the stage will act like Battlefield in Adventure Mode (melee), or just be like a normal stage.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Yeah, I would say since alot of the levels are seeming to have progressive natures and varied locations, it isn't unrealistic to hypothesize that there can be varied gravity to correspond to the location of the ship.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
No doubt. Whenever me and my buds do friendlies, after an hour or two we're jsut like...forget final destination. Forget all these boring neutral stages, I want something new. We've jsut gone so long with the same levels, that seeing these BEAUTIFUL stages from Brawl, man, it jsut makes the wait so much more worth it.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Well, of course. The Mario Kart stage looks aw--scratch that, they all look awesome. I seriously can't wait to play on the Halberd.

How about this. The masks from LoZ: MM--Poke Floats-style. Each could have its own special effect--the Deku Mask shoots those deadly spit bubbles, Blast Mask explodes and shards fly randomly all over the place, etc.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Well I think each having its own effect would be a bit much, but what if each had it's own taunt? That would be really cool in my oppinion.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
That's true. But what do you mean, "taunt"?

Hmm...maybe the Blast Mask shouldn't explode. Drop Bob-bombs, maybe? But you're right about each mask with an effect--just think of 24 effects in quick succession. That was a little dumb. But it could be a good stage, I think. And the music could be various tunes from that game--like the remix of OoT songs that will be played on one of the stages.
*drools in anticipation of the game*

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
We need to see more of Snake's stage, It look goo.... well I don't know yet, that's why we need to see more, it should be good.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Sorry, I forgot which Brawl Discussion thread I was on! XD I was talking about alternative costumes with someone, and I misinterpreted what you said. Your's wouldn't be that bad, but it doesn't have to be pokefloats style, it could be like the room where you fight the mask, only there are all the other masks kind of flying through.

I defintiely can't wait for snakes level. MGS has been my favorite series ever, resident evil at a clsoe second :p

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Sorry, I forgot which Brawl Discussion thread I was on! XD I was talking about alternative costumes with someone, and I misinterpreted what you said. Your's wouldn't be that bad, but it doesn't have to be pokefloats style, it could be like the room where you fight the mask, only there are all the other masks kind of flying through.

I defintiely can't wait for snakes level. MGS has been my favorite series ever, resident evil at a clsoe second :p
Omg, MGS is my favorite series ever as well, Resident evil 4 is my best game.

Well from what we seen, the stage might have nothing on it, but that all right, because Final Destination was good, right?

twilight_hero

Smash Lord

That's true. The mask room would be fun. But I like the Poke Floats idea. Oh, I forgot about the evil mask itself! Wow...I guess once you made your way through all the masks, you could end on Majora's Mask--just like it was in Trophy Tussle 3!:psycho:

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Omg, MGS is my favorite series ever as well, Resident evil 4 is my best game.

Well from what we seen, the stage might have nothing on it, but that all right, because Final Destination was good, right?
FD was my fave, along with HT and DL64. But seriously, what kind of traps and/or obstacles do MGS games have? That could potentially make it onto Snake's stage(s)?

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
FD was my fave, along with HT and DL64. But seriously, what kind of traps and/or obstacles do MGS games have? That could potentially make it onto Snake's stage(s)?
I've been thinking, but I have nothing, what the hell can they do for MGS. It has to be good as well.

Salaad

Smash Ace
I don't know if this is new, but in the new nintendog picture at the bottom right corner you can kinda see a way into the castle. Maybe thats how you get inside?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
*Thought*

Assist Trophies. Great idea about getting desired characters into the game that couldn't fit in the roster. But I was pondering... Will they put characters in the Assist Trophies from a series that is otherwise unrepresented? And do you think they could get their own stages? Even if the only representation is through being an assistant, and not a playable character.

Well... what do you think?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I think assist trophies will allow them to put characters in the game that they couldn't really put together a passable or balanced moveset for, and it also gives them alot more freedom to put it lesser known characters, but best of all, most of those ridiculous characters people are asking for would fit into that category much more easily than as playable characters.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
It could have calymore trip mines, it could have those laser trip-bomb traps, or it could have some of the guards walk through and deal damage or something. Thats all I could really think of.

Edit: I can't remember if it was MGS2 SOL or not, but I vaguely remember those security cameras that would shoot at you if they were in alert mode. Correct me if I'm wrong. It might be another game I'm thinking of.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^^^
FvCK YES HE'LL GET A STAGE! And it will be beautiful! Most likely it will be Green Hill Zone which was basically the first level in every Sonic the Hedgehog game to date. It could have a spring, a loop in the background, a palmtree to stand on... oh it will be just ever so grand!

@WGWOLVERINE:
There's a lot of games like that.
Goldeneye was one of them. Perfect Dark... Metroid Prime... A lot of games had gun turrets.

...Laptop Gun for Brawl!

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
If Sonic is in fact in Brawl, do you think he'll have a stage? I doubt it. But it would be cool in my opinion...
I think a green hill zone level would accompany sonic if he were in the game. I mean, every franchise represented in smash melee has a level, right? They'll probably continue this in brawl...

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
To be honest, I think he should be in it, or have a stage, even a assist trophie, but I don't think he'll be in it all together. Sorry.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
^^^^
FvCK YES HE'LL GET A STAGE! And it will be beautiful! Most likely it will be Green Hill Zone which was basically the first level in every Sonic the Hedgehog game to date. It could have a spring, a loop in the background, a palmtree to stand on... oh it will be just ever so grand!

@WGWOLVERINE:
There's a lot of games like that.
Goldeneye was one of them. Perfect Dark... Metroid Prime... A lot of games had gun turrets.

...Laptop Gun for Brawl!
I've actually given this more thought than I should, but I think its between prime 2 and Metal Gear Solid for Game Cube. I don't know. I take that back and say every sweet game of that genre had a killer security camera-gun turret, so it should be in snakes level XD

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
If Sonic is in fact in Brawl, do you think he'll have a stage? I doubt it. But it would be cool in my opinion...
Now that I'm thinking about it, it's possible that if he doesn't make it into Brawl as a character, he could be an Assist Trophy...and if he is a playable character, there's no doubt he'll have a stage. Also, if he's playable, Tails or Knuckles could be an Assist Trophy.

Hmm...

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
the chances of sonic being an AT is incredibly slim. Even IF nintendo get the rights to include him in brawl, there's no way they would waste such a major gaming icon on an AT. If he's in, he'll be playable.

Top Bottom