• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Let's assume, that at best, we get 40 characters. Let's give every one of those characters one stage then we have... ummm... (I hate doing the math)... about 40ish stages? There's definitely going to be more than one stage per character for some characters, like Mario for example. I don't see how it could be crazy to have about 50+/- stages.

But you should also take into account that I'm an optomist.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Let's assume, that at best, we get 40 characters. Let's give every one of those characters one stage then we have... ummm... (I hate doing the math)... about 40ish stages? There's definitely going to be more than one stage per character for some characters, like Mario for example. I don't see how it could be crazy to have about 50+/- stages.

But you should also take into account that I'm an optomist.
About 50 stages you say, if your right, that's so sick. The more the better I say.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
That's rediculous. Sakurai would have to go through all those conferences and meetings between Nintendo, Hal, Sora, and Sega; he would have to spend most of his time perfecting Sonic as to not insult Sonic or Sega; there would be so much planning and work for Sonic... and all they would put him in Brawl as was an AT? No, I don't think so. Sonic is either going in as a playable character, or not in at all.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
Hahaha. Yea, but it's also the truth. They're not going to go through all that work and trouble of getting a 3rd Party character as high calibur as Sonic involved just to make him an AT. Not to mention he was #1 on Sakurai's polls. Fans all around (including myself) would be furious.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Dyce, I've got to admit I don't think I've ever seen someone so reasonable on the forums. FINALLY SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS THE SONIC SITUATION!

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
^^^I know exactly what the two of you mean. And it would be a total injustice to have Sonic as an AT character. I mean, if Sonic is an AT, why not just make mario or Link an AT?

I hope there's a better update tonight. Not that the last one was terrible--you're right, Dyce, it was informative, with the Wiimote and Nunchuk info, plus the Classic Controller (B, huh? Interesting.)--but I really do wanna see Meta Knight or something about Link sometime very soon. I'll explode from impatience if we don't. =/

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
What can I say? I'm one of Sonic's greatest supporters and representatives. I would die for him... well maybe I wouldn't DIE for him, but I'm a loyal Sonic fan, born and raised. I've thought of every possible angle that Sonic could fit, covered all my Sonic bases, have made a moveset for the guy... there's no way that I will be "ok" with Sakurai leaving Sonic out of Brawl. He deserves the spot more than any other 3rd Party character out there, and he's the perfect Smash candidate. I mean look at him... he would fit in the Smash cast like a glove!

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
^^^^
That's rediculous. Sakurai would have to go through all those conferences and meetings between Nintendo, Hal, Sora, and Sega; he would have to spend most of his time perfecting Sonic as to not insult Sonic or Sega; there would be so much planning and work for Sonic... and all they would put him in Brawl as was an AT? No, I don't think so. Sonic is either going in as a playable character, or not in at all.
YES! Finally someone who gets that! I've been plenty of people that,but noooo, no ones listens to the guy with the fairly low post count....

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^Obsessed much? Just kidding. I would do that for Wolf Link if I weren't busy rereading
HP5 for the movie. (Yes, I like Harry Potter. Don't kill me.) What's your moveset for Sonic? And would Tails, Knuckles, etc. be characters as well? Or ATs?
Hey dude, don't you ever feel silly for reading Harry P books. I've got all 6 so far and I'm stoked for the movie to come out tomorrow! (sadly though, I still havn't read HBP yet! :urg: don't be ashamed of me)

This is my Sonic moveset. As for Tails and Knuckles, I'd love to see them in the game in some manner! The only thing that would make Sonic a better character would be if he had Tails to back him up in either an ICs kind of way, or as another playable character. And Knuckles, indeed, would make a sick Brawler, but I really don't see Sakurai putting Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles as playable characters. Sonic would be the one to make the cut as a fighter, then Tails and/or Knuckles should be ATs. Tails could fly around and smack you around with his tails while he flew around, then he would get too tired, fall to the ground, and >POP< he's gone; Knuckles? Oh my goodness, he would MESS PEOPLE UP! Throwin' punches, gliding fist first into people... That's my AT wet dream!

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
The new Zelda stage looks amazing. I love the background. looks like another destructable stage. cant wait to play on it.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
BoE = banned, unless you can turn off destructive environments.

Falco on one side of hole, non-projectile on other. Thanks.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
I love this stage, we need most stages with no platforms. This mofo better not get banned. I mean if Corneria can have ships shoot then so should this level, even if it's just a counter pick. The question is does this stage have ledges, is it big? I mean is it like FD? Or is it more like Yoshi Story/Island, or Mushroom Kingdom?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
If a projectile spammer on the level of Falco exists in SSBB, that is. But ya, non-platform stages for the loss.

My guess is that it's like Mushroom Kingdom but big, with no platforms, and sometimes a big hole in the middle.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Hey dude, don't you ever feel silly for reading Harry P books. I've got all 6 so far and I'm stoked for the movie to come out tomorrow! (sadly though, I still havn't read HBP yet! :urg: don't be ashamed of me)

This is my Sonic moveset. As for Tails and Knuckles, I'd love to see them in the game in some manner! The only thing that would make Sonic a better character would be if he had Tails to back him up in either an ICs kind of way, or as another playable character. And Knuckles, indeed, would make a sick Brawler, but I really don't see Sakurai putting Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles as playable characters. Sonic would be the one to make the cut as a fighter, then Tails and/or Knuckles should be ATs. Tails could fly around and smack you around with his tails while he flew around, then he would get too tired, fall to the ground, and >POP< he's gone; Knuckles? Oh my goodness, he would MESS PEOPLE UP! Throwin' punches, gliding fist first into people... That's my AT wet dream!
The movie comes out on the eleventh, not tomorrow.

Nice moveset! And "my AT wet dream..." LOL!

Holy sh*t the stage looks awesome! :grin: About time we got a Zelda stage! And it looks beautiful. I just wish it wasn't a walk-off. But I like the idea of that section of the bridge vanishing. I wonder, will the Zelda music we got earlier be played there? I think it should be the Hyrule Field music from TP 'cause that music was just so d*mn good. :laugh:

If there's a Sonic team, the Up-B should be doable without the other teammate. That was the only thing I would have changed about the ICs.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
If a projectile spammer on the level of Falco exists in SSBB, that is. But ya, non-platform stages for the loss.

My guess is that it's like Mushroom Kingdom but big, with no platforms, and sometimes a big hole in the middle.
I think big hole in the middle with ANYONE with projectiles is pretty one sided. XD

edit: plus it's a walkoff stage, it looks like. think :urg:flatzone:urg:

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
@Typh:
Yea basically. Fox and Falco could have a field day on that stage unless your character is a 5 jumper.

Speaking of Fox, now don't shoot me for being so late on this comment, but for Fox's B update, it says that his blaster is a good attack for stealing kills. It couldn't do that in Melee right? I mean, you could obviously shoot enemies in the air and they would get hurt, but it wouldn't phase them and if they died after being shot I'm fairly certain Fox didn't get the kill. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm right... then that's hella-gay!

Salaad

Smash Ace
It sucks, I keep wanting to think it's NOT connected to land and it's just floating..

I will still play on it for fun. Looks good for training.

Looks like brawl will have a lot of walk-off stages.

I don't think they will ban it...because it looks like a lot of stages are gonna be walk-off and you can't ban 'em all!

I think the Mario Kart is walk off, and the inside of Daein castle is too..We'll just have to see.

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
@Typh:
Yea basically. Fox and Falco could have a field day on that stage unless your character is a 5 jumper.

Speaking of Fox, now don't shoot me for being so late on this comment, but for Fox's B update, it says that his blaster is a good attack for stealing kills. It couldn't do that in Melee right? I mean, you could obviously shoot enemies in the air and they would get hurt, but it wouldn't phase them and if they died after being shot I'm fairly certain Fox didn't get the kill. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm right... then that's hella-gay!
you're wrong.

Loooooni

Smash Ace
Stuck in the 4th dungeon of twilight princess
@Typh:

i tested it in melee and if u shoot then before they fall to their death u do get the kill

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya, Fox could steal kills that way in SSBM.

And ya, if that whole is there for very long and every characters horizontal jumping skill isn't much better than they were in SSBM (and can somehow protect themselves from spikes (if they're still in)), then this probably won't be a very fair stage.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think they will ban it...because it looks like a lot of stages are gonna be walk-off and you can't ban 'em all!
Oh really. Are you familiar with Japanese stage pick rules? Pretty much only FD and BF. I'm sure we won't have a problem doing that with Brawl.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord

Look on the left and right edges of the bridge. See the supports that connect it to the land? (I'd show, but I don't know how.) It seems unlikely, but does anyone else think it's possible to jump on those supports? I know I'm not being very clear, but hopefully you know what I mean. The parts that stick up off the bridge on the left and right sides. They're probably just part of the background, just like Hyrule Castle in the background there, and Sakurai probably would have mentioned if they could be used in battle, but it's possible.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
This level will be banned in 1 on 1 play. The reason being is that a character, let's say the ICs could chain throw, let's say Fox, across the whole level and then throw them off the stage. Which means BROKEN, which means BANNED!

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
its a BRIDGE, it is connected to land. that is the whole point. this stage is most likely a walk off stage
Which sucks...I don't like those kind. But still, it's a Zelda stage. And it looks great. Maybe King Bulbin could blow off one of the edges? Then it's not quite connected to land. But that would mean the bridge's demise in real life. Who knows...

Top Bottom