• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
If the grim lizard honestly thinks this level is fine good for him. I just want him to honestly tell me that if chain throws are in this game (which is very possible) then they will be a HUGE problem in this level for obvious reasons.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Chain grabbing was removed from the PAL version of melee(except Luigi's), so I have every reason to believe chain-grabbing will be removed from the game. If nothing else, perhaps DI will be more effective in Brawl.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
I've never played the PAL version but I thought they only removed Sheik's stuff. I'm sure you can still chain throw with Peach's up throw. And I HIGHLY doubt that the Ice Climbers can't chain throw, if so, they kinda just suck...

SuperSmashMistress

Smash Cadet
Mmh, I'm actually very excited about this new level (BoE) . It took me by surprise cause I truly wouldn't have thought about it.

I'm not going to predict if it's gunna be banned or not. I don't know, none of us do. It really just depends on the consistency of the hazards and if you can turn them off or not. Ya' never know.

But..I think it's pretty! Just to try and touch on something else (that I'm going to assume wont get my head bitten off T_T People can be so violent about things like this. I don't understand why), just look how nice the level looks all together. I absolutely love how Sakurai decided to add so many true Twilight Princess elements to this stage. I especially love how he's using the portal to warp the bridge piece back in place.

This makes me eager for the other levels. The Melee version of Hyrule Castle honestly didn't feel..Zelda-like to me. It didn't really look like the castle and the only thing that put me in the LoZ element was the music (when it wasn't playing the FE song).

I think Sakurai is really pushing to put us in that visual element this time around, though! The levels he's shown so far have their own unique flare that corresponds to the game they came from.

Oh, and I have a feeling he has another place in store for the OoT Medley. It wouldn't make much since at BoE. Perhaps a new Hyrule Castle? Maybe Kakariko? Hehe, who knows. We'll just have to see.

In conclusion, "fair" or not, I think I'll like this level just because of visual quality and..well, it seems like a great place just to play around on with friends.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
it does, and it works. that's what i love about it!

but another zelda stage should be based on windwaker in my opinion. i mean we had two great zelda games come out since melee, and both should be represented equally. then again the ocarina of time medley should represent ocarina of time, since i don't see it on this stage.

maybe we'll get three stages from a franchise rather than one in smash 64 and two in melee. i hope that happens cause i want two more mario stages. one based off any previous games, and one based on galaxy. it should be out before smash and it would make for some crazy stage ideas

gamelover15

Smash Apprentice
BoE looks great, but I want to know more on how it works! Like, how often the bridge breaks, if the whole thing comes down at once, if the Lord and King runs across the stage, if the bombs are actually thrown, etc.. lol, I can't wait to try it out. Maybe Brawl will have more than two stages from Link games.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
If the grim lizard honestly thinks this level is fine good for him. I just want him to honestly tell me that if chain throws are in this game (which is very possible) then they will be a HUGE problem in this level for obvious reasons.
I never said whether I loved it or hated it, merely pointed out that this was the first all-out walk-off stage we have had. The other stages are completely different from this, or we don't know about htem yet.

And as for it being banned or unfair or whatever...as I said, we just don't know until we play it. As people have pointed out, the game mechanics could change a lot, wherein it wouldn't be a big deal. I'm just trying to calm people down who are overreacting and jumping to conclusions

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Well said Grim.

I think it's interesting because, since the gap created seems pretty sizeable, it could create some close quarters skirmishes if it breaks more towards one side. Imagine two characters trapped on a little spit of land with the edge of the screen right there? That'd lead to some frantic fights.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I just realized that's not true! At that time of day, the sun is on the other side of the castle!

Unless that's in the morning. But I don't think it looks like that until the afternoon. Hold on...I'll watch the sun, it's morning right now.

I'm talking about TP, if ya'll didn't know.

All right, I was right. The sun never goes to that side of the castle. maybe the changed other things from TP to Brawl?

Remember, Wii TP was mirrored to make Link use his "right" hand. Link is normally southpaw, and likewise the sun does not normally rise in the West and set in the East, but it does in Wii TP for this reason.

The GameCube version displays everything "normally."

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I just realized that's not true! At that time of day, the sun is on the other side of the castle!

Unless that's in the morning. But I don't think it looks like that until the afternoon. Hold on...I'll watch the sun, it's morning right now.

I'm talking about TP, if ya'll didn't know.

All right, I was right. The sun never goes to that side of the castle. maybe the changed other things from TP to Brawl?
They're probably basing the game on the version that's mirrored of yours. I'm guessing that, since Link is left handed in SSBB, they're using the GCN version as a basis.

Gosh darnit, ANinyMouse. :/ :\

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t

They're probably basing the game on the version that's mirrored of yours. I'm guessing that, since Link is left handed in SSBB, they're using the GCN version as a basis.

Gosh darnit, ANinyMouse. :/ :\
I'm talking about the GCN version. That's the one I have. The sun never goes to that sied of the castle, it's only ever on the right.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Well said Grim.

I think it's interesting because, since the gap created seems pretty sizeable, it could create some close quarters skirmishes if it breaks more towards one side. Imagine two characters trapped on a little spit of land with the edge of the screen right there? That'd lead to some frantic fights.
Franticness=good! That could be really fun!

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
After a bit of thought, I changed my mind (about not playing this stage at all). This stage might end up being a more intense FD. As for the Ocarina medley, theres a ton of possibilities for OoT stages... A stagebased off that... Big.. Tree... Thing... Could be fun! (Thats about as far as I got in that game, then I got bored :p)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
are you saying you couldn't get past the deku tree in ocarina?! what the hell is wrong with you! and you got BORED!? seriously, see a therapist about that...or stop playing crappy games and play more ocarina!

yes though, we do need an ocarina level. seriously, i think all franchises will probably get 3 stages, due to all the games being released. zelda can have ocarina, windwaker, and TP. mario has sunshine, galaxy, and world. metroid has the prime series and maybe fusion and the older games to look to. i do hope this happens, cause lots of great games came out during the long 6 year period between melee and brawl and i hope all get represented in some way

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
are you saying you couldn't get past the deku tree in ocarina?! what the hell is wrong with you! and you got BORED!? seriously, see a therapist about that...or stop playing crappy games and play more ocarina!

yes though, we do need an ocarina level. seriously, i think all franchises will probably get 3 stages, due to all the games being released. zelda can have ocarina, windwaker, and TP. mario has sunshine, galaxy, and world. metroid has the prime series and maybe fusion and the older games to look to. i do hope this happens, cause lots of great games came out during the long 6 year period between melee and brawl and i hope all get represented in some way
Seriously! You can't start OoT and then stop when you haven't even beaten a dungeon! It's a friggin' classic! If you begin Ocarina, you gotta play it right up until you finally stab G...wait, nevermind, I won't give that away.

And colbusman is right. We should have an OoT stage and a Wind Waker stage now that we have TP. OoT: Gerudo Fortress? Ganon's Tower? Market? WW: Outset Island? Final fight stage? Tower of the Gods? Hmm... :ohwell:

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
OoT stage: Fire Temple Boss' Layer (forgot that dragon's name). Kind of like Final D, but there are a few holes in the stage with lava in them and lava surrounding the stage. Technically a "walk-off" stage, but it's set up with one main raised platform surrounded by lava. Occasionally, the dragon (sorry, it's been a while since I've played the game) pops out of a hole and drips lava on you, and occasionally will spray you with his fire breath. (SHWEET!)

WW stage: (Mother post of this thread:) http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=102309

Also, feel free to subscribe and contribute to the thread. The more the merrier!

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
OoT stage: Fire Temple Boss' Layer (forgot that dragon's name). Kind of like Final D, but there are a few holes in the stage with lava in them and lava surrounding the stage. Technically a "walk-off" stage, but it's set up with one main raised platform surrounded by lava. Occasionally, the dragon (sorry, it's been a while since I've played the game) pops out of a hole and drips lava on you, and occasionally will spray you with his fire breath. (SHWEET!)

WW stage: (Mother post of this thread:) http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=102309

Also, feel free to subscribe and contribute to the thread. The more the merrier!
FYI, the dragon's name was Volvagia. He was a frickin' fun boss! Kinda hard though.
I like your WW stage. I especially like the ladder interaction, how you can attack off the ladder. I think it should be possible to knock over the ladder.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
it's really hard to think of one stage from both games that would make an excellent stage. maybe in ocarina, you have the boss stage for the Spirit Temple. it's one big platform with two little platforms, one for each side. Kotake and Koume could fly in and either burn or freeze the ground. eventually they turn into Twinrova. she can land in the middle and you can attack her to bring her back into her witch forms, thereby repeating the process.

but for windwaker, it's been a while since i played it, but something from the first area, with the big bird. it's hard to remember, but that place seems like a good place to battle.

hard to tell. i guess the spirit temple won't work with the ocarina medley. maybe sakurai will reveal something soon.

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
I got past the tree <_< I got to that mountain.... Place...

It's been a while haha. Too bad I gave away my N64 OoT AND my Gamecube one. But it does sound like OoT could have some interesting stages for Brawl..

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
they do need the variety in the original 64 smash. no two stages were the same, plus it had the nuetral feel to almost all of them. they need a stage like hyrule castle. that was very diffrent. it wasn't the usual one big platform with three plaforms above. come to think of it, the zelda stages have always been the most varied

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
No way! I feel all the stages we've seen so far have been unique to the series in a way (Battlefield and Pokemon Colisseum excluded... but in all fairness we still havn't seen what PC can do yet!). Sure BoE is like FD on flat land, but still we havn't seen that yet in the series! And not to mention that a chunk of the stage breaks when Bulblin rides through on his boar and throws bombs at it/us!

The Starfox stage is another 3 platform stage, but with only two levels! (and a killer show in the background!)

The Yoshi stage has only one extra platform that teeters, and a moving platform on a ghost's head!

Angel Land is going to have destructable platforms.
Mario Circuit his a tabletop set of platforms (two ramps and a flat top) with ShyGuys on go-karts plowing into you.
Castle Wall has an uneven main platform and uneven raised platforms.
Castle Throne Room has platforms all over the place.

So far I've seen nothing wrong with any of the levels. I'm going to love every stage for it's variety, even if I stop playing them and end up ultimately only playing FD.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
All the stages look good, but some look better then others. None of the stages look under 7/10. (imo)

I hope that Pokemon Colisseum will be better in Ssbb. (if their is a new one) I think the last one was meh, it's ok, can do a lot better.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
There's a Pokemon Stadium stage in the vid, and in some of the pic's on dojo. The worst part is when you get caught rolling on the edges, because you can't roll past the white edges of the stage.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Really guys, I liked the Grassland transformation for the Colisseum the best. I thought that specific one was great but the huge rock sucked. Oh and I agree with Dyce for 6/10 for a rate of the stage but that isn't considered failing, it is considered good, thus being over half.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
60 percent is a D in our school system, which is a passing grade. I like the transformations, my only issue is getting stuck on the sides.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Wow...you guys are very lucky. You think you got it hard. My system in Rhode Island, anything under a 70 is an EF...It is not fair. They are lucky I...whatever.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
haha the school i go to is pass/fail, so anything C- or below is a fail.

I really agree with whoever it was that said something to the effect of I hope that if there are any stages with water, like the pokemon stage or zelda:mm's great bay, the normally useless pokemon goldeen should be awesome and kickass.

Top Bottom