• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^^^
Me and my friends actually believed that for a while. Lol. Every time there was a Pokeball fell on a stage with water, we'd charge for the Pokeball of course, but when someone got to it, we'd take a timeout and throw it as close to the water as possible, hoping Goldeen would come out, fall in the water, and do something we could classify as useful. Long story short, we came to no avail.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
haha the school i go to is pass/fail, so anything C- or below is a fail.

I really agree with whoever it was that said something to the effect of I hope that if there are any stages with water, like the pokemon stage or zelda:mm's great bay, the normally useless pokemon goldeen should be awesome and kickass.
Same here with the grade system.
I don't know if it has been coincidence everytimebut when I get a Goldeen, an item falls from the sky or just appears? Maybe it is not uselss or my game is messed up in a good way because it happens every time! Some try it out and see what happens.(it also happens when items are on very low)

Nope. They all look great to me, of what we've seen.
Agree there. All the Brawl stages look awesome and I think are already 10 times better than Melees. Yoshis Island FTW!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Final D is the definition of a "clean cut" stage. It's all flat ground, with enough room to run away and recooperate if you need it, and is a perfect stage for all characters. It requires plain skill to play Final D (unless you play with items) and when the match is over, you know who the better Smasher is. Final D is beautiful the way it is, and I can't wait for it's comeback! You know it's coming... it's just a matter of time.

*THOUGHT*
I was thinking just now after finishing posting this... Sakurai said he would show us all the characters in the game, even the secret characters, before release. Do you think that he's going to show us all the stages too? Even the secret stages?

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
^^^He said that? Well, that blows. I don't want to know about the hidden characters. He should put a spoiler warning over hidden character updates.

...of course, now that I think about it, I would read the post anyway. H*ll, I don't care if it's a spoiler. I just changed my mind. Well, not exactly. I'm not gonna go looking for it, but if it's there, I'll read it.

I hope he does reveal all the stages. And I hope they make the background a bit better on FD. Sure, I loved it, but they coulda made it longer. Or there could be a bunch of different backgrounds, and it's random each time. I hope the music doesn't change very much. I downloaded the FD music and put it on my iPod. I know, I know, I'm a nerd. But that's okay, right?

Oh, yeah, and Dyce: the first showing of Order of the Phoenix is on Tuesday at midnight where I am, in Colorado, so it's probably Tuesday at midnight all around the country.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
Pretty sweet. I'm pretty stoked on this HP movie. I went out and saw Transformers the other day. Anyone else see that? I thought it was pretty good. Definitely better than what I thought it would be. It just sucks that they pushed the hell out of that new Linkin Park song about 3 or 4 times in the whole movie. Sell outs much?

And yea, he said he would reveal all the characters to us. He actually said "maybe" he'll show us the secret characters, but I don't think he'll show us how to get them just yet. He'll probably save that business for later. I'm just so excited this week. After a semi-crappy update today, this week can only get better every day! Meta Knight and some Final Smashes... here we come!

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
^^^Mmm...Meta Knight...

Right after I learn if Link can transform into a wolf, I'm gonna practcie with MK. He and Pit both look pretty sweet. I just really like the swordsmen in the Smash games.

And yeah, the movie looks awesome. If they do it well (and I trust them to), the Ministry invasion is going to be f**king awesome! I'm going to see it the minute it comes out.
You told me you haven't read HPB yet? Well do that already!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
Link's not going to transform into a wolf. It's just not going to happen. If anything, they'll give Wolf Link with/without Midna a character spot, but don't expect a transformation. I'm going to guarantee this to you.

Anyway... no I havn't read HBP. I'm ashamed of myself. I read every other HP book within a week of the day they came out, and this one I've had for over a year... still havn't gotten past the third chapter. I think I'm losing my interest in reading. That's a bad thing, and I need to rectify it. HBP spoiler<
Someone ruined it for me that Dumbledore dies, but luckily I still don't know who the HBP is yet so... that's just about the only thing still keeping me intrigued enough to read the book.

Haha... funny story, when my friend played Smash for the first time saw Gannondorf and pronounced it Gryffindor. Mind you he's the youngest of 3 brothers (but only a year younger than me), and never owned a Nintendo system in his life until Wii came out. Therefore he's never played a Zelda game in his life, but his brother (middle brother, a year older than me) reads HP books like they were part of his religion. He's aware of the HP scene and still a little shaky about the Nintendo scene. When I heard him call Gannondorf "Gryffindor", I basically pissed myself, and to this day, me and him still refer to Ganny as Gryffindor. I chuckle every time.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Okay first off-I didn't see Transformers yet so which song by Linking Park? What I've done?
I want to see it bad though.
Secondly-I don't like HP at all.(flame me all you want, I don't care) I also only read Manga and that is still rare. I like watching Manga a lot though.
Thirdly-Gryffindor...come on. Also, Ganondorf has one N. Ganon has had one N since it got changed like 17 years ago.
Lastly-I want some Meta, B.A.C.O.N.(ha...first time for me), and Zamus info. Link ain't gonna be no Wolf either.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Don't kill me or nothing, but what does B.A.C.O.N. stand for? Also, it seems entirely possible that there will be a Wolf Link, maybe a Link transformation, maybe a different character, maybe an AT. But hopefully he'll be in the game.

Also, I'm not gonna flame you because you don't like HP. Plenty of people don't.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
@Creo:
1) Yea, probably, the new one where only the one high pitched guy sings. The one that sucks? Does that help? I can't stand LP anymore. They sold out so long ago.

2) Whatever. But what does that mean? You read manga and that's not common so you're cooler? Nope, you can read manga, but you're not anymore unique than the next guy. (still love ya)

3)My bad. For some reason I thought two N's was right. And the first time he said it was my... 7th grade I want to say? So he was only in 6th.

4) Mmm... bacon. But what's B.A.C.O.N.? I read it somewhere, just forget.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Firstly-Your talking about the screaming one or the very soft one. They didn't exactly 'sell out' but they got worse. What kind of music do you like(Guarantee it ain't the kind I like but I am curious)?
Secondly-I never said I was unique and it is not common for me to read manga. I rarely read. You need to get back into it though cause you misread that.
Thridly-...? I don't know the exact B.A.C.O.N. words but it is Final Smash.

PS-You love me...how generous.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
1st) The one who doesn't rap. And yes, they've sold out ever since they re-released their first album, but remixed every song. To me, remixing is the ultimate sign that you've sold out. They sold out 12 times on one cd. Doesn't get much worse than that.

2nd) Well I thought you meant it was rare to read manga. My bad, could be taken either way though.

3rd) Oh yea, I think it has something to do with Mario's FS.

PSth) ;)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Ahem...may I add next to Donkey Kong(yes he is better...they need to make a Donkey Kong Country 4 for DS or a Wii sidescroller!)and...TINGLE! How can you resist him? Yeah but we knew Yoshi from the start. There was no doubt that he wasn't in.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
^^^Are...you serious? I hated him even when he wasn't a playable character on Great Bay. He was the only part of that stage I didn't like. There was one really memorable KO involving him, though... *smiles dreamily* But to have him as a character? Terrible idea (IMO). I don't even think he'll be an AT.

I hope they have a better update today. Meta Knight? Link's moves? (Those are long overdue.) Something 'bout Zelda?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
No no no! None of Link's moves thank you! We really don't need to see those... except maybe his fB and dB... but unless they were changed drastically, and I mean boomerang to gale boomerang and bombs to bombchus... I don't wanna see none of it! What we really need to see is Zelda's moveset. If we get to see that some of her old B moves are intact, then I don't see why it's crazy that Sheik couldn't make the cut; TP Zelda or not! And yes, Meta is a must have very soon. I think tomorrow's going to be a great update because... well... today's was kinda suckful.

EDIT:
I mean it wasn't horrible, we did learn something new, but it wasn't a great update.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
^^^Still, it's about time we saw something more about Link. The FS went up...what, a month ago? So far we have him and his FS. I really...want...his attacks...
Maybe I'm just pissed 'cause Link is undoubtedly going to be one of my mains.

Hmm. I bet most of the swordsmen will be possible mains for me. I generally like the swordmen because of their range and power. Pit and MK will be twists on that, though. Pit looks awesome, with the bow that becomes two swords. Another brilliant idea, Nintendo! I just...can't...wait...for this game...:lick:

Hey, Dyce, I finished OotP. And just to show how obsessed (and bored) I was, I created a moveset for Link. You can find it here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2563473#post2563473post2563473

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Yea, and I thought it was... well I'm not going to lie it was undeserving. Link doesn't need a moveset he already has one. Good Wolf Link moveset though. I like the concept of Bomb Arrows, I was discussing this with my friends the other week. Like picture this... what if when Link drops his a bomb and then immediately pulls out an arrow he can shoot bomb arrows? That would be a perfect character addition to his moveset and it would show off his fancy new TP abilities! Two birds in one stone!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Yea, and I thought it was... well I'm not going to lie it was undeserving. Link doesn't need a moveset he already has one. Good Wolf Link moveset though. I like the concept of Bomb Arrows, I was discussing this with my friends the other week. Like picture this... what if when Link drops his a bomb and then immediately pulls out an arrow he can shoot bomb arrows? That would be a perfect character addition to his moveset and it would show off his fancy new TP abilities! Two birds in one stone!
I've thought about that before, its definitely something they could add to link to give him a little bit of that uniquity that is abound in the updates so far. Like, when he pulls one out, he could hold it for a duration, so it would blow up mid flight.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Young Link used to be my main. Then I started using Link. But now I'm learning to wavedash. YLink is a much better WDer. Also, he's faster, lighter, and smaller. I think he's just better overall. he probably won't make it back into Brawl, which is fine. Link will kick just as much @$$ as before. Maybe more.

That semispke was lethal! Man, what I did with Link was grab on the edge, bthrow off, and uB when they tried to return. KOd Marth at 10% with that once!

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Meh, the link spike thing is pretty worthless IMO

I mean, if you even try to sweetspot you can avoid it, although it is a good thing to throw in a combo for an early kill setup!

Top Bottom