• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I hope they do to... but its as likely as Master chief getting into brawl. (He would be **** anyway)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I'm all against having an Stage Edit or Character Edit mode. That would take all the fun out of playing Smash. People would make levels that totally blew and had no definite theme about them, and if people got to create their own characters then in a few months there would be an uber moveset combination that would leak out onto the internet and everyone would have that character. No fun either way. Leave all the development of Smash to Sakurai, Sora Ltd., and Nintendo.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
~Smashville~

Very interesting stage.
From the look of the screenshots, it looks like Tom Nook, Crazy Redd, K.K. Slider/Totakeke, and Mayor Tortimer won't be playable characters. The funny thing is, they're the main characters to the series and Smash has never had a character-less stage before. Plus there's the Animal Crossing icon... I'm very curious as to whether or not there will be an Animal Crossing character. Maybe possibly we'll get to play as Mr. Resetti maybe?

Salaad

Smash Ace
Maybe, but we are pretty much guaranteed that someone from AC is in brawl...Dreams (for some people) do come true I guess....now I can start dreaming of Marth! THIS IS THE BEST SMASH EVER!!

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap Smashville! Awesomeness! Even though it's only an AC FD with a single platform.

Sadly, you're right. Tom Nook does equals NPC. Sad cries.
Actually, you'd think Tom Nook would be in his familar Nook's Cranny outfit, instead of the Nook 'N Go outfit. Also, you think Nook, and also, K.K. Slider would be assist trophies rather than stuck in the background of an arena... Could it be that Nook in his Nook's Cranny outfit is playable?

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
I REALLY wondered what the music will be like...what if they had music for every hour of the day ? That would be insanity. And you know the music will be different when K.K. Slider shows up. But...what...will...it...be. Also, wonder if the bells will ring...or, perhaps, different seasons?

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
Smashville has been confirmed! Maybe this will be enough to satisfy the Animal Crossing fans, and I like how it will change according to your clock settings for the Wii; very nice. The live performance when you play at 8pm on Saturdays was also good little add-on too.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
OMG ANIMAL CROSSING STAGE!!!<<<*AC fan*

they made it just like the game!! even K.K. Slider.!!OMG!:):):):)

*i am one of the fans that actually DON'T want Tom Nook or any of AC characters as fighters..because they are not and won't seem right for a peaceful world like AC*

From the look of the screenshots, it looks like Tom Nook, Crazy Redd, K.K. Slider/Totakeke, and Mayor Tortimer won't be playable characters. The funny thing is, they're the main characters to the series and Smash has never had a character-less stage before. Plus there's the Animal Crossing icon... I'm very curious as to whether or not there will be an Animal Crossing character. Maybe possibly we'll get to play as Mr. Resetti maybe?
OH NO!! NOT Resetti!!! ANY ONE BUT HIM!!:psycho:

Tsuki

Smash Apprentice
Well doesn't matter if it's Animal Crossing for me.
I'm just happy that they also make some stationary stages with only one Platform =P

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Pretty cool. Are we satisfied with the stages, mr. complainers? It looks pretty big, like FD, but it also has a fairly big floating platform. I have a fealing tourney players will be using this stage a LOT...

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
~Smashville~

Very interesting stage.
Maybe, but we are pretty much guaranteed that someone from AC is in brawl...Dreams (for some people) do come true I guess....now I can start dreaming of Marth! THIS IS THE BEST SMASH EVER!!
I don't think it's a guarantee that there is an AC character on the roster. As I posted in another thread, they could have done this to satisfy AC fans after they decided that no AC characters would really belong on the main roster.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Hmm... I can't tell if the clock in the background is supposed to show the actual time.
Yeah it does, if you click on the pictures to enlarge them, and get a little closer to your screen, you can actualy read the time as 8 o'clock during the preformance, about 17 minutes to 10 am on the first picture and 10 minutes past 12 am on the second picture which all look right with the light and time of the day that the stage is supposed to indicate. It's a little easier to see on a larger screen though, I have a 19 inch and my brother a 28 inch and I could clearly tell the time on his.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Yeah, I have a 20" widescreen... but the second picture does NOT look like 10 past midnight (or 10 past noon, if that's what you meant). It looks like about 5-6 pm or so.

And the time looks like 7 pm during the performance

baheffron

Smash Apprentice
I could see resetti being in the game as a playable character. I mean, of all the AC characters, he's the only one that would seem to be prone to fighting in a game like this. His pickax and small size would give him a unique moveset...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I agree that this stage is enough rep for AC. That game was always about the town, the buildings, and the residents. It really wasn't about controller your character. Yeah, I like this stage.

On another note, this initial post needs to be updated SERIOUSLY. Most of those stages have been clarified. Battlefield is CONFIRMED. Yoshi's Story and Lylat have both been clarified. Delfino, Eldin, and AC stages all are new ones that should be added. I just don't like it when stuff isn't updated. :-\

MrMojoRisin

Smash Apprentice
Smashville looks like an awesome stage to represent Animal Crossing. I wish that Sakurai would have kept the 8 pm on Saturday a secret though, that's the kind of thing that's fun to find on your own.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
If Mr. Resetti were to be a playable character... I think that means we'll get to see his legs!!! I mean he can't stay in a hole the whole game. He couldn't jump to different platforms, couldn't escape moving stages, and could never die. He would be the ultimate punching bag.

EDIT:
Which would actually be fine with me. If he were to die and I'd never have to hear his stupid 20 windows worth of ranting and then have to repeat a context sensitive statement when I reset my DS by accident or when the power goes out... I'll be even happier.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
There were characters with no stages in Melee (FE), don't see why the opposite can't hold true too.

Will the time also consider the time of the year? Would 6pm in Smashville be different in December versus April? I never played AC, so I don't know the way of the intnernal clock settings.

Yes, the concert is off the hook! It's so genius except it's not! I love it!

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
Which would actually be fine with me. If he were to die and I'd never have to hear his stupid 20 windows worth of ranting and then have to repeat a context sensitive statement when I reset my DS by accident or when the power goes out... I'll be even happier.
So very, very true. That belongs in the Bible. It should get its own passage! :laugh:

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
Hmm, this stage looks nice, i like the background and the concert idea too. I wonder if there will be any other events that will take place during specific times for that stage.

However, battle wise, idk. Characters with detached hitboxes, i.e. metaknight, link, and any other character with a sword that they happen to throw in looks to have a serious advantage.
That platform, as being the only one as far as we know for the stage, seems to put whoever is on the top at somewhat of a disadvantage. But as i said before, idk, I guess I'll just wait until the game comes out and play it.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
You guys are looking at this all wrong about the characters for AC towns. While I do believe it to be a character-less stage, if there is to be one, it sure as hell isn't going to be Tom Nook, however greedy that tanuki may be. It's been long speculated that the PCs for the wii Animal Crossing are going to be Miis. Now tell me, what better stage besides a Wii Sports colliseum to represent those oblong polygonal freakish representations of ourselves? Remember, the director of the Mii Channel was also the director of AC for the DS.

xenogears23

Smash Apprentice
i don't know jack about animal crossing

but just looking at the stage i have to say it;s quite pretty and stylized

however ....the animal characters are really an eyesore...

they are just ugly

i;m glad tom nook won;t be a playable character....cause it'd just detractsfrom the beauty of smash

but other than that ---it looks like a fun ---and very different stage

Teej

Smash Cadet
You guys are looking at this all wrong about the characters for AC towns. While I do believe it to be a character-less stage, if there is to be one, it sure as hell isn't going to be Tom Nook, however greedy that tanuki may be. It's been long speculated that the PCs for the wii Animal Crossing are going to be Miis. Now tell me, what better stage besides a Wii Sports colliseum to represent those oblong polygonal freakish representations of ourselves? Remember, the director of the Mii Channel was also the director of AC for the DS.
I came out of lurking to answer this! :O

Anyway, with the presense of the Animal Crossing Leaf, it's pretty obvious that Mii's aren't going to represent Animal Crossing. Because, 1, there isn't even confirmation of either a Wii AC OR that Mii's are going to represent your character. And even if it's planned, all they would get is confusing people by giving the Mii's the Animal Crossing symbol, yes?

So, Mii's don't represent Animal Crossing and odds are that they won't in this game. kthxbye.

PS: Soft resetting at a certain stage and having the game turn back on into a forced battle with Mr. Resetti would be awesome. :D

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
I came out of lurking to answer this! :O

Anyway, with the presense of the Animal Crossing Leaf, it's pretty obvious that Mii's aren't going to represent Animal Crossing. Because, 1, there isn't even confirmation of either a Wii AC OR that Mii's are going to represent your character. And even if it's planned, all they would get is confusing people by giving the Mii's the Animal Crossing symbol, yes?

So, Mii's don't represent Animal Crossing and odds are that they won't in this game. kthxbye.

PS: Soft resetting at a certain stage and having the game turn back on into a forced battle with Mr. Resetti would be awesome. :D
Yeah, thats how you should unlock him if hes in lol.

To unlock r. Resetti, reset your game, and he will challenge you immediately! xD

Top Bottom