• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
I don't really like the idea of yet another simple platform which hovers above the town. I wolud of much prefered it if the battles took place on the ground, where you could perhaps battle on rooftops and trees, much like 'Onett' from Melee.

That aside, im glad that there is an Animal crossing stage now, seeing as im a great fan of Wild World. The idea of it being the time of day according to the Wii clock like the game is great, and the background is as as always, lush as ever. x3

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
I don't really like the idea of yet another simple platform which hovers above the town. I wolud of much prefered it if the battles took place on the ground, where you could perhaps battle on rooftops and trees, much like 'Onett' from Melee.

That aside, im glad that there is an Animal crossing stage now, seeing as im a great fan of Wild World. The idea of it being the time of day according to the Wii clock like the game is great, and the background is as as always, lush as ever. x3
There is no other stage that has one platform over the main platform.

If your thinking YI is, then your wrong. The floating platform tilts, plus, there is a support platform on the left side that randomly pops up.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
There is no other stage that has one platform over the main platform.

If your thinking YI is, then your wrong. The floating platform tilts, plus, there is a support platform on the left side that randomly pops up.
Even said that, I think the layout for Smashville is a little uninspired and is still too similar to Yoshis island, tilting platform or not. In my opinion, I think they could of made the stage a little more interactive.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Well the stage itself is going to change on its own, I guess that's fairly interactive. But yes, I'm not liking the likeness to Yoshi's Island. The only difference is the tilty platform and ghost platform, which I guess are pretty significant. This seems like a perfect tournament style stage, however.

And the "reset your Wii while playing this stage to battle Resetti"... brilliant!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well the stage itself is going to change on its own, I guess that's fairly interactive. But yes, I'm not liking the likeness to Yoshi's Island. The only difference is the tilty platform and ghost platform, which I guess are pretty significant. This seems like a perfect tournament style stage, however.

And the "reset your Wii while playing this stage to battle Resetti"... brilliant!
i love the Yoshi's Island stage, the graphics and visuals feel like the game it's from, SMW2!

*somehow stops himself from ranting about lack of SMB3 stage*

That resetti thing would be the best way to get a character, EVER! :chuckle: Even if I'm against Resetti being a PC in Brawl, that should be how you get his tropy/AT, lol! :laugh:

Also, a AC Wii is going to happen sooner or later. The first one came out in 02 or 03, the 2nd in 04 or 05, and the next will come out in 08 or 09. I'm almost willing to bet on it.

Also, did anyone else see the Mario Kart Wii press conference=??? That game looks sick, and it is scheduled for either Q1 or Q2 08=o ya! Plus it's suppose to have tons of characters, and that is always good. Maybe Sakurai knew about this, and that Mario Kart stage is somewat inspired from Mario Kart Wii=??? Just a thought and a guess, who knows with a random dude like Sakurai! :laugh: :grin: :)

Waenke

Smash Cadet
Hey, did anyone notice anything "major" about Delfino Plaza...look closely, it blurts out "WE ARE FIGHTING HERE" Yes, one of the places we are going to be fighting on in Delfino Plaza is none other than.....on top of the shine gate =D =D *Discovery made by me* =] Take a look at the shine gate and tell me if you see anything "different" about it. =]

I kno we're talkin bout the Animal Crossing stage and all, but I just found this out, and it is newer than that level to meh.

Waenke

Smash Cadet
where did you see the platform in YI flip
so far everyone has said this and i want to see
Look at the part on the 15 second video clip of Brawl when pikachu uses his Final Smash - Volt Tackle and pwns Dk and..was it Mario? I forget...well, look at that part of the video and watch the platform they are standing on. It starts to rotate quickly. It could either rotate at random intervals, but quickly, or it could rotate constantly and quickly. We haven't seen the stage played on long enough to tell how the platform goes about "moving" or "rotating."

Waenke

Smash Cadet
Also, did anyone else see the Mario Kart Wii press conference=??? That game looks sick, and it is scheduled for either Q1 or Q2 08=o ya! Plus it's suppose to have tons of characters, and that is always good. Maybe Sakurai knew about this, and that Mario Kart stage is somewat inspired from Mario Kart Wii=??? Just a thought and a guess, who knows with a random dude like Sakurai! :laugh: :grin: :)
Online battle mode enabled FTW!!

Kurosagi

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone notice the Japanese writing on the sign in the new Smashville pics? Probably means a Japanese release before NA.

Waenke

Smash Cadet
I think that the stage doesn't move its platform around or anything. Its main feature when there is a different time of day occurring the background is different.
lol, the platform definitly does move. Go read the description of the level on DOJO. It even tells you it does...

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think of the Bridge of Eldin? Do you think they could've chosen a better Twilight Princess stage.

Other Suggestions:
- City in the Sky
- Goron Mines
- Hyrule Castle
- Lake Hylia
- Palace of Twilight
- Sacred Grove
- Snowpeak
- Snowpeak Ruins

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I bet I'm gonna love all of the new stages, the ones so far seems good enough. I just hated the balloons in the sky in Melee... Could really go without that one this time around. Need to see some big stages now. Like Temple.. those are some good party stages.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
For one- I hate music updates due to my speakers don't work.
Two- I have always wanted Lake Hylia as a stage since OoT. I would want the Sacred Meadow or grove with the tree stumps as well. We need a Forest stage. They looks so beautiful.
I am sure we all hope for the Castle but we just don't know when it will update.
My bets for vets is Yoshi then C.Falcon.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
^^^Oh, that blows. Also, a Lake Hylia or Sacred Forest Meadow stage would be totally awesome. Or Sacred Forest Meadow could be in Adventure, and you have to find your way through. Hmm...cool idea, I think. And yeah, we need info about the castle. Not because I'm a big FE fan, but because the stage does look awesome. These are, in my opinion, three things that are long overdue for revelation: Meta Knight, Link's special moves, and the castle.

Creo, I like your new sig. Bid Zelda fan?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yes I am a huge Zelda fan....I am one of the two people who are interested in Tingle and Happy Mask Salesman. Two people are Me and Numa Dude. I am sure some people can tell you my history...maybe Stryks and Wiseguy? But nevertheless, Zelda is my favorite franchise.

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised no-one's mentioned Snake as an overdue update. Yoshi will most likely be in the game, as he has a stage already. But if Mario's stage is the Mario Circuit, then whose stage is Delfino Plaza? And is there going to be an Animal Crossing character in there? We shall have to wait...and see...mwahahahaha...

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
^^^Well, there is tonight's update...we can hope for something better than some good music which still ended as a crappy update.

Oh, man, one of us needs to change our avatar...I'll do it, I s'pose...

Wow, I just realized how young Link's new look...looks. He and Young Link both are really young to be taking on, say, Mario. Ness too, for that matter.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
What do you guys think of the Bridge of Eldin? Do you think they could've chosen a better Twilight Princess stage.

Other Suggestions:
- City in the Sky
- Goron Mines
- Hyrule Castle
- Lake Hylia
- Palace of Twilight
- Sacred Grove
- Snowpeak
- Snowpeak Ruins
Yeah, I think they could have done better for a Twilight Princess stage, i'm thinking Snowpeak would be a sick stage. Seeing how big Twilight Princess is, it should really be one of the best stages in the game, but I dont think Bridge of Eldin will be.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
I'm surprised no-one's mentioned Snake as an overdue update. Yoshi will most likely be in the game, as he has a stage already. But if Mario's stage is the Mario Circuit, then whose stage is Delfino Plaza? And is there going to be an Animal Crossing character in there? We shall have to wait...and see...mwahahahaha...
Well, there was two stages per character franchise represented in Melee. We could POSSIBLY see 3 for each in brawl, at most.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think they could have done better for a Twilight Princess stage, i'm thinking Snowpeak would be a sick stage. Seeing how big Twilight Princess is, it should really be one of the best stages in the game, but I dont think Bridge of Eldin will be.
It might not be one of the best, but I'm sure it'll be popular. Hyrule Castle was popular, Hyrule Temple was popular, and Great Bay was popular. They've always had good Zelda stages, and I like this one.

That said, I agree. They really should have picked a better one. As I said before, City in the Sky would kick @$$, especially if Argorok flew by occasionally and destroyed parts if the floor. Maybe, if he destroyed it all, they could fall down to Lake Hylia, with the Isle of Riches and those tilting wooden raft-things and some of those wooden bridges connecting Fyer's place to the land.

This stage is making me drool...:lick:
Can anyone else just see Link down-A (tilt) spiking Fox straight down into Argorok, who is flying below to destroy another platform, which makes Fox bounce straight back up into a Mario grab and bthrow for a stolen KO? I swear, that would be complete pwnage.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'm trying to look at the bright side for today...we got a really good shot of the fire emblem stage today.

It looks like an uneven slanted down to the left main platform and two floating platforms at different heights.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
that has got to be the coolest looking FS byfar.....i don't what people whine about interms of zero samus, just look at that beam SWEET!!!

Top Bottom