• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yeah...sure but not if you have high expectations. It doesn't look that great, it is just big. The Final Smash that looks the best so far, a majority of people would say Link's or Mario's. And people are gonna whine and complain about Zamus because it is big news to Samus lovers. This could be a huge flaw on the part of Samus turning into Zamus if you can't go back. Now to master Samus, you have to master Zamus on her behalf. People are going to whine and complain until they get there hands on the game. That is that.

@the grim lizard- I do hope you know we did see a good view in the last years trailer. You could have paused the screen. We also got some screenshots from some updates. Not bringing your hopes down or anything due to this update but I am just clarifying that for you guys.

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
who else thinks Delfino Plaza will be Bowser Jr.'s stage, and that Bowser Jr. will be able to freely transform to Water Mario (with the paint brush thing) and back again?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
@the grim lizard- I do hope you know we did see a good view in the last years trailer. You could have paused the screen. We also got some screenshots from some updates. Not bringing your hopes down or anything due to this update but I am just clarifying that for you guys.[/color]
Yes, but this was the first wide shot of the stage.

soaz

Smash Ace
who else thinks Delfino Plaza will be Bowser Jr.'s stage, and that Bowser Jr. will be able to freely transform to Water Mario (with the paint brush thing) and back again?
its a possibility but i have a hard time thinking of a moveset for "water mario".

Heflito

Smash Cadet
I honestly don't think Bowser Jr. is going to be in the game but thats just me, I could be wrong. I hope they change Ganondorf's move set though, maybe let him change into Ganon for his Final Smash or even have Ganon as a selectable character, only time will tell. :link:

B-Bop

Smash Cadet
I'd like to see these stages announced...

Returning: (Though modified, obv.)
Mushroom Kingdom
Corneria
Final Destination
Big Blue

New ones:
Goron City-based level
Green Hill Zone (If of course Sonic is in)
A really wacky Wario Ware level with rapidly changing surroundings (or some sort of bandit machine)
A 'wild' Pokemon stage in mid-depth grass, and wild pokemon interferences

I'd also like a few massive stages like Hyrule Temple, or even bigger, perhaps!

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
I think the massive stage for Brawl will be Daein Castle, the Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance stage. If I remember, it has a hell of an exterior, and that's not counting the interior that's also part of the stage.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
we defintely need one of the stages from the two trailers. i mean the Halberd has only been in one picture since the site updated, and all you can see is the sky. what the hell...

Halberd, Angel Land, Mario Circuit, Castle, but nothing new for me. but i don't expect a stage update this week. maybe next friday?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

this is sure interseting, I was never expecting to see an animal crossing stage which got me thinking, are we gonna see a character from animal crossing beeing a playable character? another stage were likely to see is a Donkey kong stage or Bowser which he needs, if they end up giving him a stage i hope it's Bowser's castle with lava or some cool looking stage

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
yeah, we are definately in need of a boozer castle stage.

seriously, DK gets three stages and bowser gets none? and don't think he mario stages count as bowser one's cuz they sure as hell don't. peache's castle is for mario bros. boozer's castle is for boozer.

KevRed

Smash Apprentice
We've been having stage updates for 3 Fridays in a row.
I can almost guarantee a stage tonight.

It probably will be Halberd, since it is shown in Zero Suit Samus's profile.

-KevRed

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
it would be great if it were Angel Land or maybe a Mother series stage
Angel Land is shown in the 2nd trailer, so congratz! A Mother series stage is needed, o and Ness and Lucas for Brawl FTW!

Anyways, KevRed we got that AC stage last Friday, and I assume we'll get a Metroid stage today. And if not, that FE castle, another LOZ stage, a Kirby stage, a MARIO STAGE (if we don't get a SMB3 stage I'll stab someone...okay not really but I'll be seriously upset), or another stage shown in the 3 trailers! :)

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
well it does say it's a game mode... doesn't say anything about it being a stage yet....
so yeah...

breaks the rules of the world? so if u just stand there and do nothing.... the halbird appears?

the wording is kinda weird on the new post

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
Look at the first pic, it may be the "New" FD......

Is this really a playable stage or a cut scene element?
I hope it's both.

well it does say it's a game mode... doesn't say anything about it being a stage yet....
so yeah...

breaks the rules of the world? so if u just stand there and do nothing.... the halbird appears?

the wording is kinda weird on the new post
It is, isn't it?

i like smashville
Yeah, me too.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
I hope this is the new Final Destination, it also looks that battles will be longer playing on this stage, since you have to KO your enemies in an upward fashion since the ends are closed. I like it alot, I kinda wanted a gladiator's arena like in Melee's opening cut scene, but this is cooler actually. I hope this is the new Final Destination, it looks to be it.

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
Looks like a football stadium or Tenis court HA

I don't care if it's a stage or not.......My thought is that it's just part of a mode until maybe the end of the (adventure) or whatever.

Final Des was perfect the way it is in melee

Too many normal stages so far anyway......
Battlefeild, Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island and Smashville are very similar in size and mobility....
Delfino Plaza too when it's in the air......
The Bridge to Eldin is cool and different but similar to Fnal Des. (maybe better)

They need to show some
Big Blue, Hyrule Temble, Jungle (DK) and Ice Berg (Ice Climbers) and Brinstar Depths and Rainbow Cruise and Great Bay and Mute City and Earthbownd levels...
Those kind of levels are what makes this game so great. It's the only game where those type of levels actually work let alone RULE!!!!!
Of course Kirby Dreamland (from 64) is still my fave :)

Bing back the 64 stages please

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Oh, I think that is a stage, but I might a wrong about this, but look at the trailer 2, and I think that Link is on it, but not sure, go and see.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
While the stadium may be a stage similar in lay out to Final Destination, it in no way looks like it would fulfill that name sake. It may be nothing though, just like that coliseum from the SSBM intro.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
If it was a stage it would either be just plain like an alternative to FD (But the actual FD will still be in there) or there would be enemies (Like the ones in the update... or maybe bad guys like Ridley) popping up from time to time.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Upon further speculation, I believe that all the screenshots that we've seen of "This World..." are CGs. The character facial expressions, character interactions, body movements, camera angles, and overall better graphics prove it. Maybe it won't be a playable stage, but the stadium around the characters will morph into the recognizable stages we've seen so far.

Top Bottom