• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^^No, I don't think so. It's blue and all, and it looks like the stage in the update.

But I don't wanna get in a fight or anything. We'll just have to see when we get the game. :p

Can anyone else just not believe that such a great game is coming out so soon?
Sorry, have to fight it. But don't worry, I'll end it here.
I watched the whole video, and wait until you get to the Pit section. Pit's fighting in Pokemon Colosseum, look at the background. Same stands, same lights.

Let's review the differences:
vvv Pokemon Colloseum vvv

Notice the time of day, night. There are also some intense light fixtures above the crowds, and buildings in the background.

vvv "This World Arena" vvv

Time of day is midday, though this could change. Also, there are minimal and significantly different light structures around the arena. Also...

...no surrounding buildings.​

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
Why is the "Pokemon Colloseum" stage blue and not red like Stadium? Is it because of the time of day? Also, the platform on which Pika stands in the second pic you showed has a symbol on it that is a circle, but it's not the Pokemon symbol from Melee (the Poke Ball). Why's that?

Also, I was talking about the part of the video that Link's in.

But wait! Look at this!

Note the floor of the Pokemon stage that DK stands on. It looks just like the one from Melee. But the platform that Pikachu stands on is different. Different times of day? Because I just can't see a red floor with blue platforms. That would make no sense.

P.S. I just looked at the site and saw that Pika's symbol has changed. So that is the Pokemon stage that he's on. But I don't know about Link. I'll go watch the vid.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Okay, Dyce. You may be right, I may be right, but it doesn't matter. We'll know when the game comes out.
Okaaaaaay... but you should still trust me on this one...

i think with the last update on Friday was to make us think over the weekend.
I thought so too. That was the first thing I said on Saturday when I saw it. (I went on a cruise for a week and came back to a handful of updates.) This week was one of the better, if not best, week of updates.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
I thought so too. That was the first thing I said on Saturday when I saw it. (I went on a cruise for a week and came back to a handful of updates.) This week was one of the better, if not best, week of updates.
Yeah, I agree. Although, it's too bad about the double Zamus. Not really much besides disappointment. Unless there's something else about Zamus he hasn't told us yet.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Guys consider it could also just be 'random stage' in that it's being used for the supposed intro movie. In Melee there was a stadium shown that was only used for the intro - it wasn't playable.

However, those similarities are pretty interesting...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Guys consider it could also just be 'random stage' in that it's being used for the supposed intro movie. In Melee there was a stadium shown that was only used for the intro - it wasn't playable.

However, those similarities are pretty interesting...
I agree 100%. I think the "This World..." arena is just going to be a sort of 'base-of-operations' for the real battles. All characters will start there, and then they will probably move to a new location, or the world will change or something and the arena will turn into a sort of hologram of the stage.

Or, this could be a straight up stage for the 1Player Mode only.
I don't know who Sakurai thinks he's fooling with his "???" title.
We all know that this is going to be a 1Player Mode.
Right? I'm pretty sure we can all agree on that one.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Still, it's odd for him to be so mysterious with the post... but have such an obvious URL. He might as well have added an update for Zelda... and on the url have something talking about sheik. lol.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Didn't matter to me, Link/YLink could still Hookshot into the edge.
Oh no, that F***ing Hookshot is S*** it's hard to grab the edge at times, if you miss a character with it, he just stays there for a long time, even Ganon can get his puch on him, and that is saying something.

Sorry to go off topic their.

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
Link has to be ****tier if they want to balance this game.
Weaker up B.... AND OMG ........Ease up on the slamming on peoples head thing
It's just too easy

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Breakfast I get the impression that you aren't too experienced with Melee. Link isn't that great. You need alot of technique to use him properly, and there are many characters that can give him a hard time - if not destroy him.

Now FOX.... there's a character...

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Breakfast I get the impression that you aren't too experienced with Melee. Link isn't that great. You need alot of technique to use him properly, and there are many characters that can give him a hard time - if not destroy him.

Now FOX.... there's a character...
Fox, yes Fox is a very nice character, and so is Marth, they will give you a hard time.

I...think I can use YLink properly...I mean, I got my @$$ kicked at my first tournament, but I've been practicing, I got better, I think I can use him fairly well.
Yes, I love people who use low tier characters, you go twilight_hero.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
I'm a pro Zelda user.

I suck with YLink.

HEY! I need some low-tier Love too! XD
WHAT? you use Zelda, and not Sheik. Well done ethanrodgers, you are a cool guy. Come out and become the best Zelda player in the world, I know you can!!!

There you go ethanrodgers, that was some low-tier Love for you.

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
Oh boy would I love to battle you dumb bumbs online...........
I can beat any combination of 3 lvl 9s with every character except Pichu, Roy and Mewtwo....
But over all, with fire power, strength and endurance Link IS over all the best in the game

Weaknesses and Strengths always play a factor and sure C.Falcon will pwn Link everytime the way Mario will pwn Marth, Marth pwns Fox, Fox pwns Bowser and Bowser pwns Mario.....

It's the way it works ..... duh

Bring it!

Top Bottom