• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I don't like to
It became a habbit once but that was gay
That was around the time I had the C stick habbit too
Ah! They have to take that out

I've always liked Zelda better
She's dangerous....every move kills
And Young Link.....He's awsome, I hope WWLink is a mobile jumpy rabbit similar to that
My moms fave character LOL

PS His slamming on peoples head is great cuz it makes him better and like previously said......He is lower tier

BALANCE BABY YEAH

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Breakfast, Fox owns link any day, and level 9's are easy. I'm not sure if you're joking or not lol

PLUS

But over all, with fire power, strength and endurance
If by that you mean most well-rounded, then I agree.

But Link really isn't the best character. Really.

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
Breakfast, Fox owns link any day, and level 9's are easy. I'm not sure if you're joking or not lol

PLUS

If by that you mean most well-rounded, then I agree.

But Link really isn't the best character. Really.
This game is un balanced you have to admit that........So who do you think is the or at least one of the best

My thoughts are Samus and Link tie for top rank
And personnally..........I'll have a lot of disagreement here
Roy is the worst
That's right I went there
He's slow, air battle sucks, 5th worst recovery
He's got strength but it's at the base of his sword and his greatest advantage is that his close range attacks(all of his attacks) have some range to them
But at the rangiest point, it's weakest

Fox is tough to beat, his speed overwhems everyone even those that rely on speed
He is one of the better characters
We know all too well as good Fox players that we can rarely be stopped
I agree Fox pwns Link just as much and he pwns Fox
But Link can pwn more characters more often
He's more all round and able to compete with any one in all areas but speed
At least that's what I find
Agree?

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
There really is no "best" character. I mean, we could take the best player in the world and say, "Who do you main? Oh, s/he must be the best character," but it wouldn't be true. It's not true that all characters are equally good, but it depends on how you well play characters and how good you are. And of course, a little personal preference; I main Link because of how good he is, but I started with him because I'm a huge Zelda fan.

Also, shouldn't this be in the Melee section, and not the Brawl stage thread?

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this has been mentioned before (didn't want to read 50 pages), but I think that in the Fire Emblem Burning Castle stage, from the second trailer, it looks like a flame goes right through the stage. Does anyone think that if a character hit that fireball, they would get damage? (probably about as much as Mario's fireball)

If this hasn't been brought up before, I can try and get some pictures...

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Coupl'a off-topic things. Don't hate me, but as we seem to be off topic anyway, and I didn't feel like searching the rest of the site...:p

Anyway: In the first trailer, where Snake is revealed, look at the box. It's a Smash Bros. box. Who thinks maybe the cardboard box is the "crate" of...that was Battlefield, right? More on topic: what kind of crates 'n' barrels does everyone think BoE and other Zelda stages will have?

It seems to me that Smash Bros. is a gathering place for obscure Nintendo characters. Ice Climbers, Pit, Zamus, Dr. Mario, possibly an AC character, and Dr. Wright (not playable, but still). Also, Mr. Game and Watch didn't have a name, and Roy didn't even exsist yet. And when was the last time an Earthbound game was made?

I hope this week was even better than last week with updates.

All right, Dyce. I admit it. That's the new Pokemon stage. Sorry for arguing.:ohwell::(:embarrass

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
i wanna no y they havent made updates about their already revealed stages such as the Halberd, the Mario Circuit, Angel Land, or the Castle, which happens to be featured in many updates

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
i wanna no y they havent made updates about their already revealed stages such as the Halberd, the Mario Circuit, Angel Land, or the Castle, which happens to be featured in many updates
Also Pokemon Stadium,

but probably for the same reason that they wont update Meta Knight, or Snake...

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
No biggie. Just don't let it happen again.

P.S.: I saw HP:OotP today. Sickass movie if I do say so myself. Still love #4 the best though, book and movie.
Haha, nice. "Don't let it happen again."
(Actually, can't tell if you're being serious or not.)

Really? I didn't like the four movie as much. I liked five better. But seven's definitely my favorite book.

Ianthraxx

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure someone else must have noticed this, but I can't remember anyone talking about it. In the second SSBB trailer, near the end, there's footage from the Yoshi's Island stage. The camera draws out, and you can see a chain-chomp in there, too. I wonder if it'll hurt players...?

And, much like that, I likw how Sakurai doesn't tell us what's at the top of the DK level. I'm glad he's keeping some of the game's secrets, despite updating us every day.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
I'm sure someone else must have noticed this, but I can't remember anyone talking about it. In the second SSBB trailer, near the end, there's footage from the Yoshi's Island stage. The camera draws out, and you can see a chain-chomp in there, too. I wonder if it'll hurt players...?

And, much like that, I likw how Sakurai doesn't tell us what's at the top of the DK level. I'm glad he's keeping some of the game's secrets, despite updating us every day.
Good find, good find. But to me they just look like background. Dunno though.

Link'sLeftHand

Smash Rookie
To me those switches in the DK stage look like little bouncy things that maybe shoot you upward. Kinda like somthing you'd find in a pinball machine. But that's just my guess.

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
Looks like a cross between Icicle Mountain and Rainbow Cruise to me. A steadily rising stage that changes to something else when you reach the top, and then likely deposits you back at the bottom to go through it all over again. In theory.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I love this update. There has to be a scrolling stage in the game somewhere, so they may as well make it much more detailed and beautiful than Icicle Mountain. It looks much, much better than IM, and you can climb ladders!

Now they just need to confirm that they ditched the DK Rap for the stage music.

.....um...does anyone else see a biplane in that last pic?....

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
yeah, you're probably gonna fly around fighting on that biplane as the stage takes you up into space. The wing placement looks as though there's a main platform, and then one below and one above (both centered).

This is a lot like Icicle Mt. but i can tell it's gonna be better

1.constant pace of scrolling (should be nice n slow a la Rainbow Cruise)
2. constant direction of scrolling
3.more varied because it's always going up. Icicle Mt. was recycling the same formations of platforms like an old cartoon because it would just go up and down
4.looks wider than Icicle Mt. (thank you 16:9), which was an issue because Icicle Mt. was about as wide as Flatzone
5.there looks to be some ledges scattered about
6.might stop at a final, normal and static stage at the very top (if it doesn't just send you back down)
7. Gravity could gradually start to change as you get higher and higher, which would kick ***. You do go into space in Jungle Beat, so we might iin this stage
8. climbing ladders? might be cool? will you be able to be hit on a ladder?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
It's going to be Icicle Mountain and Rainbow Cruise fused together. As can be clearly scene on the airplane in the background, there are crates on it, and its coming towards the screen and the characters. so when we get to the top of the falls, we jump on the plane, fight there for a bit, and then get off at the bottom of the falls and start over again.

If only I knew the words to "In Memorium," I'd sing them for Ice-Climbers....my roommates main(s).

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
$20 says the plane rocks back and forth while you're on it (and that it takes you back to the start of the waterfall, as others have said)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
$20 says the plane rocks back and forth while you're on it (and that it takes you back to the start of the waterfall, as others have said)
I'm having trouble picturing a stationary airborne airplane...

I'm loving the ladder though! I can't tell you how stoked I am for it! It puts my made stage (Forsaken Fortress) up higher on the "possible" list.

Hopefully, we'll be able to jump on and off it, attack from it in all 4 cardinal directions, and blast people off it! Yay ladder!

Top Bottom