• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

Devastlian

Smash Lord
You should actually read the post you're quoting X-x-Dyce-x-X...

To answer the question, no, there isn't an actual pattern to it. The best there is is that Friday has been something relatively new. The rest doesn't seem to follow a predictable order.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Ohhhh!
Whoops... my bad...

Yea, no there's no specific schedule. But I think I have a vague schedule theory:

Every week: Monday ---Tuesday --- Wednesday --- Thursday --- Friday
The news is: Decent --- Decent ----- Great ---------- Poor -------- Decent
I don't even think there's a scheduel like that.
It's basically whatever Sakurai wants to update. =/
But this last Friday was the most sastisfying update of them all.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
The updates don't happen at the same time every night, though, so that was included under the "there isn't an actual patern to it" part. Ya, probably could've said that post nicer. :/

There's a couple other things that have happened twice on a day...like two of the three Tuesdays have been items, music has been early in the week both times, the post on Monday can relate the one on the previous Friday (that could be the Delfino Plaza music...<_<).

Or something. It's better to just not analyze it and take it as it comes. Lowered expectations=happier life.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
The updates don't happen at the same time every night, though, so that was included under the "there isn't an actual patern to it" part. Ya, probably could've said that post nicer. :/

There's a couple other things that have happened twice on a day...like two of the three Tuesdays have been items, music has been early in the week both times, the post on Monday can relate the one on the previous Friday (that could be the Delfino Plaza music...<_<).

Or something. It's better to just not analyze it and take it as it comes. Lowered expectations=happier life.
nicely said.

also, about the pattern. its what sakurai wants to put on there. we should just take every update and cherish it, for E3 comes my friends, and THAT is when we will get big news (hopefully :dizzy:)

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone check out the update? :)
Yoshi's Island! As we've discussed before.
Seems that we were all right, the platform tilts, and the ghost appears and then vanishes!
Seasons change, and we even have a new surprise! More Shyguys!

Good, good, update.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
I want to know wether the seasons do anything to the game play, eg Blizzards in winter, and wind gusts in fall, or wether they're just there to be pretty.
Both. :)
I'm pretty sure that winter will take some effect, and is summer even in the game?
Well, IDK. Got to go to school,

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
To me, from what I can distinguish so far, Yoshi's Island seems like a great candidate for a tournament-legal stage. There seems to be not that much in the way and that ghost platform won't probably be that big of a deal (Very much like the cloud in Yoshi's Story for SSBM).

I'm glad that the different types of tournament-legal stages have more variety. Frankly, I'm sick of playing the same, boring three platform stages, which is what I get 2/3 of the time in tournaments.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
OMG I thought I may have been the only one on the boards to notice the sweet glowyness and bignessocity of his dAir. Can't wait to play as Link again in the new Smash!

I think maybe in the winter of Yoshi's Island the tilty platform will be icy and slippery. For every other season though... I don't even know what could happen.

KidSmash

Smash Journeyman
ive noticed something
i you look in the second picture of Yoshis Story stage in the first post, at the right-down and left-down corners, arent those Chainchomps?

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
ive noticed something
i you look in the second picture of Yoshis Story stage in the first post, at the right-down and left-down corners, arent those Chainchomps?
Nice find, I didn't really notice it.
I wonder if that'll affect gameplay in any way?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Doubt it. It just looks like a background image to me. And IMO, they don't look totally like Chainchomps, and they don't really belong just sitting in the background, but they do look enough like them. I don't really know what to think with those things, so I'm just going to accept them as Chainchomps and be done with it.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it just shows up in the background, for no specific reason?
Doesn't affect gameplay, but when they took the snapshot, it was in the game?
Lol, IDK.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^
Haha, ok, I'll accept that guesstimation.

Anyone want to take a guess on a level through today's music update?
Metroid: Boss Battle Music (Ridley Fight)

I think it will be a Kraid-like level with Ridley terrorizing the players/stage, or Ridley will be a final boss to Samus, OR Ridley will be a playable character.
Least likely a playable character, but I'd like to hope so.

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
The background on the stages are lovly. Hopefully load times will still be short although with how underpowered they wii is, I think they may be a little longer then melee (Still not that big of a deal)

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Nice find, I didn't really notice it.
I wonder if that'll affect gameplay in any way?
In Yoshi's Island, those Chain Chomps would jump from the background and try to land on Yoshi, leaving a big hole in the ground. I don't think the stage itself will suffer from that hazard, but it's something to think about I guess.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I agree...stage hazards for one hit K.O.'s = a no no for me. Maybe a good damaging stage hazard with no knockback but not a killing method.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Stage traps are okay, but I agree that they do ruin an excellent stage.
So please no chainchomp deaths for Yoshi's Island :)

User33

Smash Journeyman
In the update, it appears as if the Fire Emblem stage moves. IN the two screenshots, the castle background is different.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I hope there areno traps for any stages especially for the Fire Emblem castle which in my opinion would be somewhat ruined

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
I'm so pumped about Snake's stage...

Shadow Moses Island... bad@$$!

It would be funny if there were guards, and if a character gets in their FOV the exclaimation appears and they throw grenades at you...

OR what about where you fight Liquid in the HinD?? That would be sweet because Liquid could be shooting at you from the chopper while you fight on this cool communications tower thing...

Oh, and it will be snowing. It could be an environmental change. Sort of like Kirby64 stage where every now and then the calm turns into a blizzard and pushes people around.

So many possibilities!!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I hope we get another stage update next week and I believe the next one will be either the fire emblem stage because of the screenshot or the Great Fox

Card

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who noticed this;

What level is featured in this tiny thumbnail of the Crate item?
I dont recall seeing those Blue/White checkered edges on any of the stages we know...

or maybe I missed something...?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who noticed this;

What level is featured in this tiny thumbnail of the Crate item?
I dont recall seeing those Blue/White checkered edges on any of the stages we know...

or maybe I missed something...?
Of course you aren't the first person to notice this.

Top Bottom