• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I don't know if you guys noticed but it shows Snake's stage in the trailers. It shows him in the Lockout place where he is behind Link and it shows a close up of him at the helicopter place.
come to think of it yeah, so guess maybe we can assume that each character will have their own stage at least.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well if that is how you guys meant it then yes of course. I thought you meant game based stage meaning Marios stages for Bowser-Pokemons for Mewtwo-etc... But I agree everyone should have there own stage.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Like when the melee one changes this one could have that but for every Pokemon type!

(Fighting could be a sumo ring, dragon could be a mountain and psychic could be some sort of mystical plain)

OmegaXXII

As long as they're nothing like Poke Floats. I want this Pokemon Colosseum stage to have way more elements in it than Pokemon Stadium did. Maybe it will be an expansion to Stadium? That would be better than making a whole new one with only new elements.
hey that sure would be on heck of a pokemon stage, but with platforms :)

Like when the melee one changes this one could have that but for every Pokemon type!

(Fighting could be a sumo ring, dragon could be a mountain and psychic could be some sort of mystical plain)
I'm also liking this idea they could make a different stage(not pokemon stadium) with chaging element that would affect the battleground stage(like water element would turn the stage to water, or thunder stage would have lighning jolts come down the sky)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yes there was one last mountain one Dyce.
What I am looking for is 64 past stages. I want Kongo Jungle, Hyrule, Saffron City, and Peachs Castle to return most. Of course, I want all of them to return but I don't see it happening. Kongo Jungle 64 is my favorite stage out of Smash 64 and Melee.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
hey that would be cool. i used to have to sneak to play that stage. my mom thinks pokemon is evil!

@creo: yeah, of course.

Do u like my sig?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Please stop talking about your sig. This is not the time or place and you have been saying it everywhere. If anything, ask once and that is it.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Yep yep yep! Remake Saffron City and Hyrule Castle! That wold be awesome. Put some different Pokemon to come out of that door in Saffron City, and make Hyrule Castle themed around TP. Put that gold sheild around it and give it a darker tone and you have an awesome new level with a hint of classic taste.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
How about Mewtwo's Arena as a stage?

You know the one, and if you don't, I pity you. The one in Mewtwo Strikes Back. And it could have a bunch of different Pokemon fighting in the background along with Mew and Mewtwo colliding in the air and occasional blasts would hit the arena and Pokemon would occasionally stampede through.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
How about Mewtwo's Arena as a stage?

You know the one, and if you don't, I pity you. The one in Mewtwo Strikes Back. And it could have a bunch of different Pokemon fighting in the background along with Mew and Mewtwo colliding in the air and occasional blasts would hit the arena and Pokemon would occasionally stampede through.
That sounds pretty cool. But you pity us if we havn't seen a Pokemon movie? I think I may pity you my friend. (Unless you were like 10 when you saw it.)

I'm thinking they should pit you in the secret cave where you find Mewtwo in Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, Fire Red, and Leaf Green. It wouldn't be a crazy level per se, but there could be monsterously powerful Pokemon to come out of nowhere and attack you at random. And I think there were Chansey's in that cave so that works out with the running theme of Chansey's everywhere.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
I can't really say if SSB levels will make it back, but I can definantly seeing a SSBM level reappearing, although I couldnt say which. Hyrule Temples would be nice, but I feel they'd leave it out since they'll probably make another huge, trapless level to replace it, and that would be fine. Perhaps the Princess' Castle stage?

This makes me think back to Melee's stages. Rainbow Cruise, Hyrule Temple, Big Blue...they'll probably be some more of these in brawl, but we'll never be able to guess in what form they'll appear.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
O yhea that Mario kart stage looks so good! and maybe playing on top of a wii! (Like in Mario kart)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well... maybe we'll have one of each! Play on top of a Wiimote and a GCcontroller! Just like Mario Kart! Yay Mario Kart!
Play on the Wiimote or GC controller=sorta like those Trophy event matches where you fought on trophies=sick.

Anyways, I like the idea of the Mewtwo Strikes Back (title stolen from Empire, maybe=???) stage, and somehow I remeber that movie perfectly (last time I saw it was like 4 or 5 years ago), and that is no acception (sadly this is 100% true). Anyways, to heck with that course, make a course from Pokemon Red/Blue era=Cinnabar Island's burning lab where Mewtwo was created=the same thing, only on FIRE!!!! Now we should all know what that is! ;)

Anyways, there should totally be a remake of the following (or at least let them return)!
SSB64:
-Dreamland
-Peach's Castle
-Hyrule Castle
-Jungle Japes

SSBM:
-Hyrule: Temple
-F-Zero Grand Prix: Mute City!!!
-Eagleland: Onett
-DK Island: Jungle Japes
-Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story
-Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise

All those courses are friggen awsome (I didn't include FD because it's practically confirmed), no denying it! (though I hate those Klap Traps! :mad: ) I'd love to see any of those return, or at least be remade, redone, or inspire another stage of course=me still happy. Seriously though, I could play each of those courses thousands of times, and still be saying "Man this course is awsome!", unless I'm getting constantly owned! :laugh:

@ Legolastom
Seriously, who thinks the Mario Kart stage looks bad, that will definitely be one of the first courses I play (maybe a MGS course first).

Side Note: Anyways I've noticed this since the first time I saw the first Brawl trailer, and I've seen no discussion on this, so I'll bring it up! I've noticed that the land below BF is the same land you see after a while on FD. I just thought I'd throw tha out there, I thought that was pretty intresting. ;)

OmegaXXII

Yeah I hust hope they bring back the Brinstar stage that's practically appaered in the last two smashes but with some tweaks and it would be bad a**. I'm hoping and it's practically guaranteed that they'll bring some old school Mario stages like Mushroom Kingdom 1 and 2 but I think they should replace the 2nd one with one from Super Mario Bros. 3

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Yea, I hate Klap Traps. (auto KO? not so very fair.) Though one of the funniest moments I've ever seen involves a Klap Trap at Kongo Jungle...

Ummm... anyway, I don't think Dreamland needs a remake, nor does Hyrule Castle (though I'd like to see one!). They're amazing levels as they are and should be in Brawl. Also they should give us Hyrule Temple again. FIGHT CLUB FTW! (<<my first "ftw" ever. cherish it, i know i will.)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah I hust hope they bring back the Brinstar stage that's practically appaered in the last two smashes but with some tweaks and it would be bad a**. I'm hoping and it's practically guaranteed that they'll bring some old school Mario stages like Mushroom Kingdom 1 and 2 but I think they should replace the 2nd one with one from Super Mario Bros. 3
Seriously, we've gotten 2 SMB stages, 1 SMB2 stage, 1 SMW stage, and 3 SM64 stages, and it looks like there will be a SMW2 stage in Brawl! Where's my 3rd fav Mario game (only SMW and SM64 were better IMO, minus SMRPG), and isn't it one of the best selling ones=??? Seriusly, SMB3 was the best of the three, and definitely deserves a course.

Then again, all "REAL" Mario games do (only SMB, SML, SMW, SM64,SMS, and SMG, maybe PM or SMRPG, if Nintendo gets legal rights to) deserve their own stages. Seriously that SMB2 course wa my least fav SSB stage, EVER! It would have been better if EVERYONE could wall jump! :mad:

O, and Brinstar in SSB64 was awsome, though the Melee one was prety good, bu IMO there were a lot better stages. Still, another Brinstar stage wouldn't be TOO bad, though I'd much rather prefer a Metroid Fusion, Zero Mission, or Prime Hunters (got that game after like 1 month of looking=better than I expected=more than worth it+online is awsome) of course.

Despite this, I'd realllly like a MP 1, 2, and especially 3 stage=awsome! Still, any a course from any Metroid gane would be pretty awsome=awsome stages from a awsome series! Tweaking the past two Metroid courses (Zebes on SSB64 and Zebes on SSBM) would be pretty awsome, and hopefully it will be as awsome or even better than the SSB64 version, though I doubt we'll see a remake.

@ X-x-Dyce-x-X
I wouldn't want to see a Dreamland remake (it's awsome as is), but I was just saying courses that should and deserve to return, orginal or redone. I only want a few I listed redone, and if the ones I'm not refering to get redone, hopefully it's minorly redone, or just graphicall redone. Lol Dyce, Temple is me fav course=awsome, just as long as I don't face camping N00bs! :mad:

OmegaXXII

yeah I agree that hyrule temple stage should return, but as for Rainbow cruise it shouln't even make a comeback because althought it was kind of unique with it moving around, I think it not be one of the best to return, instead I'd rather see a fox stage like Corneria to return

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
yeah I agree that hyrule temple stage should return, but as for Rainbow cruise it shouln't even make a comeback because althought it was kind of unique with it moving around, I think it not be one of the best to return, instead I'd rather see a fox stage like Corneria to return
It'll be redone, so no worries. Rainbow Cruise is one of the better moving stages (I only like Mute City more), and is one of the more heavily played tourey stages. Seriously though, Sector Z will be redone, much like it was when it was redone as Corneria=no worries! Same thing will probably happen to Mushroom Kingdom! :) ;) :laugh:

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
I think that FD's back-groud should be changed from the random non-nintendo related portals or whatever they were, It should alternate from the different Nintendo games, like It starts of on a mario satge, you go though it with a 3-D effect, and then you go on to another game in a random order, and they'll have different scenes for the different games, not the some thing every time.

Oh, and a good idea for a TP stage should be the Zant boss fight, you start of at his little lair, then you go to the monkey boss stage, and so on and so on.

Edit: Oh and the whole time while your going though the boss battles of TP, Zant could randomly appear and shoot magic blast at you (Unless he is a playable charecter, then I don't think nintendo would have that feature)

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
I literally whoa'd when I saw Delfino Plaza. One of my wishes have come true! *giddy*

Top Bottom