• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

Epok

Smash Ace
i would say about 2-3min becuse an avaerage 3-5 stock match lasts about 4-8 min. if it was 10 then you hardly every see the change unless you had a 10-20 stock matches

Ryu-for- Brawl

Smash Cadet
LINK screenshot hitting fox, notice game defect!

I HAAAATTTE the left stone brick column of batlefield. look at link's screenshot where he's hitting fox. watch how lazy the people who made that column are!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I HAAAATTTE the left stone brick column of batlefield. look at link's screenshot where he's hitting fox. watch how lazy the people who made that column are!
Uhhh... I don't see it? What am I looking at? It just looks like a regular column to me. More like a pillar though, but isn't that what it's supposed to be? A stone pillar?

Ryu-for- Brawl

Smash Cadet
im starting to think it was made so you wouldn't notice, like your brain would see it and automatically place a mental image of an old pillar. not until you stare at it for a while then you notice the pattern

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Ohhh!

Well? So what? Who cares if they got lazy with creating a column in the background of the level? It's called "saving memory for important stuff". Would you rather they had more characters and items and game modes in Brawl? or would you rather they had different textures for the columns in the background and the patches of grass under your feet? The action's not there, the action is in the foreground. Personally, if Sakurai wanted to, and they made all the levels black and white with only the platforms highlighted, as long as there were more fighters in the game as the end result, I'd be more than forgiving of them.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea but with the wii you can still have plenty of characters and game modes (as well as items)
while still having nice detailed textures and such in the background the wii is very much more so (WTF) more powerful than the gamecube so there aint no reason why you cant have all this stuff

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Lol, no, they improved the browser so now it's easier. This site actually loads a lot faster on my Wii than it does on my computer. Just annoying to type one letter at a time.
Ya it is pretty annoying, and it loads just a bit slower on my Wii than my computer, so I'll stick with my computer. Typing is sooo annoying on the Wii, seriously it NEEDS a wireless keyboard! :)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Ya it is pretty annoying, and it loads just a bit slower on my Wii than my computer, so I'll stick with my computer. Typing is sooo annoying on the Wii, seriously it NEEDS a wireless keyboard! :)
A k-Wii-board! lawlz I'm so funny.

No doubt they'll come up with something like that soon enough. Anyway, when does everyone think we'll be getting info on another stage? I'm interested in all of them that we've seen in the trailers, but mostly the destructable Kid Icarus one. I think the thing about it is, you can't downfall through the platforms until you break them, then you can downfall through the clouds.

minwoo6360

Smash Rookie
For Snake?

For snake...

it will concern with millitery.. so how about the battlefield on the Wars, and then
items for snake such as gun, bomb, Rocket launcher,,, etc

I think it can be one of fun on the game fo snake..

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
No gun, Sakurai said he didn't want a gun. A rocket launcher would be fun though, or a tranq pistol maybe. I'd love to woozie my enemies with that. You shoot the gun, and a dart flies out, if it makes contact with your opponent they act as if they've had their shield broken.

EDIT: or they fall down for a moment or two, with the (...)> bubble over their head.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Anyway, when does everyone think we'll be getting info on another stage? I'm interested in all of them that we've seen in the trailers, but mostly the destructable Kid Icarus one. I think the thing about it is, you can't downfall through the platforms until you break them, then you can downfall through the clouds.
hopefully soon. i really want to know how solid snake's stage will play out

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
One interesting aspect of Snake's stage would be guards in the background, who occasionally express the iconic "!" and throw grenades and whatnot. Or why not a Metal Gear towering majestically, sending all kinds of defense measures against the combatants?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
But how many stages will there be? and how many for each character?

And if there are gonna be loads of stages hopefully the quality wont suffer

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Same applies for you...

And hopefully we get a new trailer at E3 showing off a bunch of new stuff.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea because its been a year since it was first shown and all we got are two trailers and a gooey bomb

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Actually, the only things we got that were new to us and 100% confirmed since the the first trailer were:

Battlefield will have a time cycle from dawn to night.
Fox was reconfirmed.
The list of composers were shown.
The Gooey Bomb was introduced.
Pit's arrows were revealed to have flight paths that will be controlled by the player.

Other than that, there's been nothing new. We already know everything about Mario and Link. We already know all the basic details about Battlefield. We won't be getting any new characters until E3.

When is that anyway?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea but we saw battlefield change in the trailers and you cant exactly call pits arrows and update.
(BTW the list of composers is amazing!)
Ahem anyway after this less about E3 and more about stages.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I knew something about them but its not much of an updates (i remember them saying something about pits arrows but i forgot maybe it was something different).

And that could be quite interesting on certain stages getting an enemy thats on a higher platform than you or underneath you.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I'd just like to disagree with a quoted post on the first page reguarding the new Star Fox level. I'm 90% sure that is not the Sargasso Space Station (though I hope to God it is because that would improve Wolf O' Donnell's chances). Sargasso Space Station,r Sargasso space Zone, is a popular station for criminals to hideout at in StarFox: Assault. Wolf O' Donnell is the leader of the hideout, and it is a colony. Not a planet. In all the shots I don't believe you see anything remotely resembling a space colony. Most importantly the space station is located near Sector Y. So presumedly you'd see Sector Y in the background, but even that is beside the point. No planet would be that close to both the Sector and the Space Station.

I'd bet a pretty penny that is Corneria.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Alright, I went ahead and hopped on Star Fox: Assault after making this post to verify what I said (because I based that post off of previous knowledge and Wikipedia).

Sargasso Space Station is also located in the mist of a field of asteroids, sector Y is visible in the background, and there is a red planet next to it. I'm assuming that red planet is the desert planet from Star Fox 64. I forget what it is called. I would bet money, however, that that is not Sargasso Space Station, fo' sho'.

The ship they are flying on, Dyce? Well, your guess is as good as mine. It is not an Arwing, a Wolfen, or some sort of pod from the Great Fox. I've never seen it in the Star Fox universe before. In terms of notable crafts, it most resembles the original Great Fox from the very first Star Fox, but it is still very different and seeings how Great Fox is in the background, that obviously isn't the prototype Great Fox. My money would go on some random craft Sakurai decided to make up. It might be a Corneria Flagship. That would be my guess.

As for possible planets, I would bet it is either Corneria, Fichina, or... hold on *looks up name* ah; that's it; Katina.

Corneria is the Corenrian homeworld and the most civilized and advanced planet in the Lylat System. Beltino Toad (Slippy's father) and General Pepper (Commander of the Cornerian army) both reside there and it tends to be a focus in just about every Star Fox game. It is relatively green and cloudly with many oceans and great cities. So I think it is a likely candiate.

Fortuna is a grassy world. NO IT IS NOT AN ICY WORLD! That was a mistranslation in Star Fox 64. Fichina is the ice world and Fortuna the jungle...-ish world. Nintendo mistakenly called Fichina Fortuna in Star Fox 64. However, it is hardly civilized and mostly green and blue. Judging by the appearance of the planet in the trailer, this makes it a strong canidate as well, but I think Corneria still more so. Fortuna is also the first planet you visit in Star Fox: Assault.

The only, and only, reason I say Katina is because of the giant battle happening around the craft you fight on in Brawl. Katina is home to several Cornerian bases, but is otherwise a barren planet. So I highly doubt that it is Katina.

There you have it folks.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I was thinking... since no one can seem to recognize the ship from any Starfox game... has it ever occured to anyone the possibility that it ISN'T a Starfox stage? Maybe there's a game we're missing out on here? To me, it seems a bit more advanced and less cartoony than what's normally showcased in the Starfox series games.

If I'm wrong or if someone does know the ship, please tell me.

EDIT:
NVM!!! lol There's the Great Fox in the background and arwings flying all over that b;tch. It's definitely a Starfox stage.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
11th July can't come soon enough exclamation mark

I am hoping for a character tally of at least four more than was present in Melee, Krystal, no clones (or at least more differentiated clones), an enlarged moveset (including the crouching game), Krystal, easy and efficient online fighting with a good community, more events, a mix between no-extras and crazy stages, a stage editor (not high on my list but still!), Krystal, more orcestrated music and, lest I forget, that hot blue vixen with the staff whose moniker currently escapes my tongue...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Seriously i couldn't care less about Krystal but they could make a stage set in dinosaur planet it could be were that Scottish rock is battling on his hands of something or it could be in that sea area with the long necks as a replacement for Termina.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I gotta say, if Crystal makes it in, I will be incredibly aggrivated if Wolf doesn't.

He deserves to be in way more. He's the anti-hero. And I think that the anti-hero theme is going to be big in Brawl. Like how "cloning" was the big thing in Melee.

Melee: "Who would you rather be? A fast and weak character, or the same guy but slower and stronger?"

Brawl: "Which side is better to fight for? Who will prevail? Who is stronger in a fight against equals? YOU FREAKIN' DECIDE!"

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Original: "I'm just a poor begger trying to make a living amongst all the other fighting games."

Wolf for the win. However, I can already heard the adminstrators and moderators getting upset and these last few posts. So I'm done *cough*Wolf number 1 for Brawl*cough*.

Anyways, a Dinosaur Planet level would be cool... hmm. I'm thinking of what would make a great Star Fox stage...

Katina from Star Fox 64 would be cool. You could fight inside and outside of the Cornerian base (the one that looks like a pyramid) and above you the mothership would be flying around fighting Arwings and Cornerian ships.

Or a real Sargasso Space Station. That would be a good one.

Or better yet, Great Fox. I'm sure no one has thought of that before.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Maybe on the rooftops of buildings of Corneria, and enemy ships attack, and occasionally crash into the buildings.

You know how with the Fire Emblem stages... you have the one on the outside of the castle, and the one on the inside. Same thing, this one will play off of the stage we've seen in the trailer.

Top Bottom