• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I dunno, feel this is more Fall and yours more summery.

Added the pic though, nice spotting on the claw things.

Caael

Smash Lord
The claw things kinda look like chain chomps o_O

A good indication to the seasons seems to be the plants in the middleground. The picture Mic 128 posted looks to be Fall, as it's crops kinda dying. Nura's have tulip-ish plants, which bloom in summer.

Well if you put magnets in it that way, it seems that it would fit more as a Hyrule level. That's basically how you beat the whole Fire Temple in TP.
I suppose.. well maybe a Fire Temple level? We havent seen any official Zelda stages yet, so they'll go wild. I suppose well known levels will be chosen. As the fire temple is so early in the game, most people, if not all owners of the game will have got past it.

Then again, they didnt include spoiler stages in Melee, so I doubt there will be any Zelda dungeons as levels in brawl.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I dunno, feel this is more Fall and yours more summery.

Added the pic though, nice spotting on the claw things.
Huh? What claw? What's so different abou this? Is it that gel-platform monster thing? Reall, I don't see anything new...

Oh, wait, I saw the new picture, nevermind, sorry.

Yeah, those claw things DO look like Chain Chomps!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I wouldn't mind if fire temple was in it, but I personally like the forest temple... The monkey's could be of assistance by swinging around with small health items or weapons, and the Baboon can swing around dropping bombs on you. I'd also like the Twilight Realm.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Polygon stage is Battlefield. Masterhand stage is Final Destination. Congrats, you got your wish.

I'd like to see some classic courses from SSB64 and SSBM, and some remastered courses from SSB64! Hyrule, Saffron City, and Peach's Castle would be awesome to see updated.

*The three classic courses from SSBM should stay the same for retro value.

*I didn't put Sector Z or Planet Zebes because they were basically already (technically) remastered in SSBM and probably will be again in SSBB too.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I would like to see a level based on the boss fight at the end of TP...
against Zant where your surroundings change to the temples you've beaten.
But when you fight "Him"(if you don't know, buy it to wait for Brawl) you don't stay in one spot. Do you mean the first two fights because that would be cool with level effects.
Stages From 64:
Hyrule
Metal Mario
Peach's Castle

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
But when you fight "Him"(if you don't know, buy it to wait for Brawl) you don't stay in one spot. Do you mean the first two fights because that would be cool with level effects.
I beat the game a while ago, about a month after the Wii came out so my memory may be a little fuzzy on the subject but I mean where...
you have to fight him in the boss' room of the Forest Temple, Fire Temple, Water Temple, etc.
It would almost play like Pokemon Stadium, except instead of the course reconstructing itself, it will do some sort of wavy-flashback thing to change the setting, maybe keep the main platforms and have different traps and stuff to go with along with each setting.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I beat the game a while ago, about a month after the Wii came out so my memory may be a little fuzzy on the subject but I mean where...
you have to fight him in the boss' room of the Forest Temple, Fire Temple, Water Temple, etc.
It would almost play like Pokemon Stadium, except instead of the course reconstructing itself, it will do some sort of wavy-flashback thing to change the setting, maybe keep the main platforms and have different traps and stuff to go with along with each setting.
I like the idea, but a Arbiter's Ground, Forest Temple, Hyrule Field/Castle, or Hyrule Castle Town or Kakiroki Village Course would work better. Also I think a Wind Waker course would be nice, considering you have even more and better options with that one than TP.

I got good TP course ideas. Hyrule Castle Town were you start fighting in the middle, and eventually move throughout the town at a slow rate (were it also stops moving for some amounts of time).

Another idea of mine is in Kakiroki Village (TP) course were you fight on top of the buildings primaraly, and keep moving at a very slow pace. Also the camera could go up/down on what level of the building(s) you are on. Ya I think my Kakiroki Village course idea would work better. Anyone got any good Wind Waker course ideas=?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I like the idea, but a Arbiter's Ground, Forest Temple, Hyrule Field/Castle, or Hyrule Castle Town or Kakiroki Village Course would work better. Also I think a Wind Waker course would be nice, considering you have even more and better options with that one than TP.

I got good TP course ideas. Hyrule Castle Town were you start fighting in the middle, and eventually move throughout the town at a slow rate (were it also stops moving for some amounts of time).

Another idea of mine is in Kakiroki Village (TP) course were you fight on top of the buildings primaraly, and keep moving at a very slow pace. Also the camera could go up/down on what level of the building(s) you are on. Ya I think my Kakiroki Village course idea would work better. Anyone got any good Wind Waker course ideas=?
I like those ideas a lot actually. I think the Hyrule Castle Town course would be even more fun if it was fully destructable and had people running around in a panic from all the destruction and could (if items were on) drop items.

The only problem I have with your Kakiroki Village level is... that it's spelled "Kakoriko" Village. :grin: The camera could also move at an angle while it circled the village, diagonally up the cliff starting from the ground (in the street and you could see the pond in the background) and move upward on each rising rooftop. Then downward (maybe the apex could be that watch tower) then diagonally downward onto decending rooftops to the street again. If at some point it could stop at the bomb shop and it could be like really unstable and explode or something, that would be pretty cool too.

And how about for a WW stage you could have Ganondorf's lair (you know, the blue fort with the bird's nest. Been a while since I played the game so I kinda forget the name of it). You could fight maybe in that center with some boxes another level that could only be reached by a ladder (or someone with a sick verticle jump). The ladder could be jumped off of and back onto, I think that's a cool idea. And every once in a while a search light will cross the screen, either on the upper level or the bottom randomly (and that little " /!\ " sign that appears onscreen in Onett to tell you that a car's coming would pop up). The first character to get caught in the searchlight will get hit by a bomb.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I like those ideas a lot actually. I think the Hyrule Castle Town course would be even more fun if it was fully destructable and had people running around in a panic from all the destruction and could (if items were on) drop items.

The only problem I have with your Kakiroki Village level is... that it's spelled "Kakoriko" Village. :grin: The camera could also move at an angle while it circled the village, diagonally up the cliff starting from the ground (in the street and you could see the pond in the background) and move upward on each rising rooftop. Then downward (maybe the apex could be that watch tower) then diagonally downward onto decending rooftops to the street again. If at some point it could stop at the bomb shop and it could be like really unstable and explode or something, that would be pretty cool too.

And how about for a WW stage you could have Ganondorf's lair (you know, the blue fort with the bird's nest. Been a while since I played the game so I kinda forget the name of it). You could fight maybe in that center with some boxes another level that could only be reached by a ladder (or someone with a sick verticle jump). The ladder could be jumped off of and back onto, I think that's a cool idea. And every once in a while a search light will cross the screen, either on the upper level or the bottom randomly (and that little " /!\ " sign that appears onscreen in Onett to tell you that a car's coming would pop up). The first character to get caught in the searchlight will get hit by a bomb.
Lol Kakiroki, I knew I spelled that wrong! :chuckle: I guess I left out the part where it circled the villiage, but the camera would move at a constant, but slow speed, sometimes randomly stopping. Needless to say going all the way around the village would probably take 10 or so minutes. The bomb shop explosive storage exploding (again) would be a neat addition, not to mention a hilarious one.

For the Hyrule Castle town, the idea of having scared people would be fun. It would be funnier if they were only afraid of certain characters and attacsk (ie: Bowser, Shadow Ball). It would be even funnier (and fun I might add) if the Guards at you much like in Wolf Form, but run away if you attack at all=:chuckle:!

C'mon, who hasn't had the need to get beat up in the streets, bouncing from one side of Castle Town to another, and banging off Castle Towns' wall before? Getting beat up in a area were tons of people live and are at would be awsome! Plus with both LOZ TP courses the time of the day would change, of course from night to day.

I like your WW Forsaken Fortress course idea, but I would liek to add something to the random attacking idea. What if the Helmlock King (that giant bird) randomly flew by, charging players, doing tons of damage. It would also be cool if Moblins and other enemies attacked the players randomly, adding more madness to the level! :chuckle:

Caael

Smash Lord
For a Wind Waker level, how about The Great Sea? It would be like Big blue, with loads of ships going past, and rafts ect, but all the boats would do different things. Like The King Of Red Lions would randomly shoot bombs, same as the weird bomb ships and Tetra's pirate ship. It would be less fast paced than Big blue, and waay less platforms. You would stay on Tetra's ship for a lot of the time, and then it would slowly drift off the screen. Then a raft or two would float along, for you to fight on them. It would be an awesome level and I would love to see it.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Lol Kakiroki, I knew I spelled that wrong! :chuckle: I guess I left out the part where it circled the villiage, but the camera would move at a constant, but slow speed, sometimes randomly stopping. Needless to say going all the way around the village would probably take 10 or so minutes. The bomb shop explosive storage exploding (again) would be a neat addition, not to mention a hilarious one.

For the Hyrule Castle town, the idea of having scared people would be fun. It would be funnier if they were only afraid of certain characters and attacsk (ie: Bowser, Shadow Ball). It would be even funnier (and fun I might add) if the Guards at you much like in Wolf Form, but run away if you attack at all=:chuckle:!

C'mon, who hasn't had the need to get beat up in the streets, bouncing from one side of Castle Town to another, and banging off Castle Towns' wall before? Getting beat up in a area were tons of people live and are at would be awsome! Plus with both LOZ TP courses the time of the day would change, of course from night to day.

I like your WW Forsaken Fortress course idea, but I would liek to add something to the random attacking idea. What if the Helmlock King (that giant bird) randomly flew by, charging players, doing tons of damage. It would also be cool if Moblins and other enemies attacked the players randomly, adding more madness to the level! :chuckle:
It's spelled Kakariko.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's spelled Kakariko.
I still spell it wrong, lol! :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: It has been in 4 LOZ games and I still can't spell it right! :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: I"m not even going to say its name anymore, lol!

For a Wind Waker level, how about The Great Sea? It would be like Big blue, with loads of ships going past, and rafts ect, but all the boats would do different things. Like The King Of Red Lions would randomly shoot bombs, same as the weird bomb ships and Tetra's pirate ship. It would be less fast paced than Big blue, and waay less platforms. You would stay on Tetra's ship for a lot of the time, and then it would slowly drift off the screen. Then a raft or two would float along, for you to fight on them. It would be an awesome level and I would love to see it.
I like this idea, but let me get more in detail how it would work. Here is a more in detail look at how I would do a similar level. You basically start off on Tetra's Pirate ship, and it is in the middle of an epic battle at one of the fortress islands (ie: one eye, or two eye fortress isles), and there are enemies firing at Tetra's battle ship. It would be a chaotic battlefield, with mad scrolling action!

You start off in the stern (back of the ship) side of the ship, and then the camera moves you slowly across Tetra's pirate ship. Then as you progress towards the bow (front of the ship) side of the ship, there are some rafts (much like the ones the Gorons and Bokoblins are on) that you can jump on and fight on. The rafts slowly move you near the fortress islands, and then one by one they get shot down slowly.

After getting shot down, then you must climb ontop of Ganon's minon's submarines, and ships and fight on them, as they get shot at randomly by Tetra's pirate ship, and even sink. Then the action moves even more towards the isle as you fight on top of the walls of the isle, as the screen moves at a bit faster pace.

Then after reaching the end there are more of Ganon's minion's ships and you must jump on them, and even the King of Red Lions, until you eventually return to Tetra's pirate ship, and start all over again. Overall while on Tetra's pirate ship and on the wall of the isle, you go at a fast Rainbow Cruise pace, while the rest of the action is a much more slower-paced action, sorta like big Blue.

Lol, that sounds dramatic, but that would be pretty sweet. Love how I just came up with that as I went along, lol. I guess is would be sorta like the naval combat similar to the PotC movies. C'mon who hasn't wanted to engage in combat in a naval total warfare type of situation?=awsome! Now that would be pretty cool.

Caael

Smash Lord
John, I ike your idea's. I think it would be easier on the level and game lag if the whole stage was still, but ships would move around and get shot at. I'll do a pic on paint....

Of course it would be bigger than this, maybe 2 look outs and way more platforms so not to have a lack of jumping space. Occasionally, about 20-30 pirate ships would appear in the background and fire bombs everywhere, so you have to avoid them. I'd love it to be in the game, but I cant really see it happening. But I hope to be pleasantly suprised.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I have another stage idea. The chamber of the sages in the sacred realm from OoT. You would start off in the chamber of the sages fighting on the triforce pedestal that Link stands on when he saves a sage (it would of course be bigger than it is in OoT) and in the background would be the six pedestals the sages stand on. The sages will sometimes appear on there pedestal and fire a blast of energy at you. After a while of fighting the screen would glow white and transform into the different boss rooms in the different temples in the order forest, fire, water, spirit and shadow. While in these rooms the bosses you fought in these rooms will sometimes appear and attack. After the shadow temple it would return back to the chamber of the sages.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
John, I ike your idea's. I think it would be easier on the level and game lag if the whole stage was still, but ships would move around and get shot at. I'll do a pic on paint....

Of course it would be bigger than this, maybe 2 look outs and way more platforms so not to have a lack of jumping space. Occasionally, about 20-30 pirate ships would appear in the background and fire bombs everywhere, so you have to avoid them. I'd love it to be in the game, but I cant really see it happening. But I hope to be pleasantly suprised.
The 20-30 pirate ships in the back might cause more lag. On my Fortress Island course idea I meant like there are 5 or so enemy ships you are on, and there is firing every way, mainly in the background, but a occassional hit, of course. If you could turn off the firing as a option, that would get rid of most of the lag (I hope random stuff can be a option=awsome).

I have another stage idea. The chamber of the sages in the sacred realm from OoT. You would start off in the chamber of the sages fighting on the triforce pedestal that Link stands on when he saves a sage (it would of course be bigger than it is in OoT) and in the background would be the six pedestals the sages stand on. The sages will sometimes appear on there pedestal and fire a blast of energy at you. After a while of fighting the screen would glow white and transform into the different boss rooms in the different temples in the order forest, fire, water, spirit and shadow. While in these rooms the bosses you fought in these rooms will sometimes appear and attack. After the shadow temple it would return back to the chamber of the sages.
Intresting idea, nothing short of original. That would be a very intertaining experience, to say the least. That sounds like a good idea, and the course definitely would be very long, lol!

shazbot

Smash Apprentice
I just thought of something pretty cool. The level would be like the mushroom kingdom ones from the older smash brothers that recreate the side scroller look from the original mario games, except it would be based off the original donkey kong game. It would be a bunch of slanted platforms and you'd have to dodge barrels rolling down them.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I just thought of something pretty cool. The level would be like the mushroom kingdom ones from the older smash brothers that recreate the side scroller look from the original mario games, except it would be based off the original donkey kong game. It would be a bunch of slanted platforms and you'd have to dodge barrels rolling down them.
Ya Brawl would be awsome if it had a course from the game that started the ever popular Mario and Donkey Kong's career, as well as set Nintendo up for success. Another neat level would be the level in Mario Bros (also called Mario Bros arcade, not Super Mario Bros), which would be pretty awsome. C'mon, who wouldn't want a Mario Bros level=?

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
A real good one from the DK series would be Gangplank Galleon (where you fight King K. Rool at the end of DKC). If made basic enough, it could prove to be a neutral stage. The galleon would sail around DK isle as it is on DKC, and you could see the general areas of each world. The jungle one, the mountain one, the forest one, the snow one, the industrial one, the cave one, and I think that's all.

psyt

Smash Journeyman
i dont know if this idea has been stated yet or not but i think a good stage idea would be a mario galaxy themed stage, aka a spherical planet like stage, well circlular in side scrolling terms i supose but the player could walk anywhere on the sphere without fret of falling, you no, as if its a planet with its on gravity, as we've seen so much of in the galaxy trailor. i supose the only ways to k.o. would be star k.o. and the occational pit leading to the planet's black hole like core, also seen in the galaxy trailor... yay?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The Super Mario Galaxy idea has been said before tons of times, and has had soo many alternate ways of how it would work from diffrent people, myself included, lol! I like HideousBeing's idea, that would be a very intresting level to say the least.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I have an idea for a Majoras mask themed stage. You would fight on the clock tower on the third day. After a while of fighting it would change to night and the moon would get closer and closer to crashing into the tower eventually getting so close that the four giants appear and have to hold it up but eventually the moon's eyes will start to glow (like they did in the game when the mask flew into it) and the four giants will start to struggle to keep it up and the moon's mouth will open allowing for someone to be knocked into it for a kill after that the screen will turn white and it will be the third day again and you will be able to hear the laugh of the happy mask salesman as you start the cycle over again.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I completely forgot about moons tears thanks for reminding me. They wouldn't get sucked in they would get knocked in by an attack. The moon would be in the way of star K.Os so I added that so you would still be able to K.O someone upward. I think HMS is awesome too.

Top Bottom