• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
So far, Pit's stage doesn't look all that impressive-its just a few platforms that break right away-the whole city er watevr is in the background!! But, it IS in it's early stages of development, so I don't have any worries.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
So far, Pit's stage doesn't look all that impressive-its just a few platforms that break right away-the whole city er watevr is in the background!! But, it IS in it's early stages of development, so I don't have any worries.
Pit's stage is unique in that some of the platforms collapse when attack apon, am I correct?

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Yes, but there are only like four platforms, and besides three of them falling, it is very plain-but, as i said earlier, it is prob. in early stages of development, or we haven't seen full level. No worries.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Yes, but there are only like four platforms, and besides three of them falling, it is very plain-but, as i said earlier, it is prob. in early stages of development, or we haven't seen full level. No worries.
The Fountain of Dreams stage is more basic then that, and even the N64 Dream Land stage, and the N64 Yoshi's Story stage, too.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Yes, that is true...but it seems they have alot of potencial (did I spell that right?), and I hope they use it. My main point being, that if those platforms break right away, then the stage would be plain, just like Final Destination, and we don't need a whole bunch of FD stages. IDK, I guess that I just want there to be more than just three falling platforms, but I'll make do if there isn't anything else, it's not THAT big of a deal...

P.S. N64 Yoshi's Story at least had 4 or 5 platforms, most of which were tilted, AND clouds.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yes, that is true...but it seems they have alot of potencial (did I spell that right?), and I hope they use it. My main point being, that if those platforms break right away, then the stage would be plain, just like Final Destination, and we don't need a whole bunch of FD stages. IDK, I guess that I just want there to be more than just three falling platforms, but I'll make do if there isn't anything else, it's not THAT big of a deal...

P.S. N64 Yoshi's Story at least had 4 or 5 platforms, most of which were tilted, AND clouds.
I hope Angel Land (Pit's course) stays destructible, but the platforms should recover fast. I bet you are right that many of the stages (and much of the game) are still in the BETA programing. If the falliung platforms hurt you it could be neat. Also I love Fountain of Dreams, it might be basic, but the sinking platforms add new elements to combat.

The Mario Kart course look friggen awsome, and very promising. Also the Halberd (MK's stage and ship) looks like another neat moving stage that could truely show how stages should be made.

Also the new Pokemon course looks neat, and very well looks like a Collesieum. It could very well be called "Pokemon Colliseum", or something like that, and hopfully it has a lot fo the elements from Kanto Pokemon Stadium, but adds new elements, exciting combat, and esepcially challenging and great transformations and terrain changes.

Man, they sewriously need a course that is in the middle of a war/battle (much like my Metroid Prime 3 course idea), and it could become one of the best new additions. Who doesn't want to fight in a moving warzone filled with random explosions, total destruction, and hot and constant action? That would be a experience like no other!

I also hope that 70+ new courses isn't a rumor, though I doubt it is true (unless it includes the 35 courses from SSB 64 & SSBM). Man 70+ new courses would make me one happy SSB fan, and you could never ever again get bored of all thje courses.

I seriously doubt this is true, but just imagine this, 70+ new courses+35 past SSB courses=105 courses to choose from! Who wouldn't love that, other than choosing which course? That is why they invented random course and ennine menie minee moo! If that happens (hopefully, fingers crossed so tight I'm losing blood circulation), I think that will make us all happen, and would make any fan of the series happy! :) :) :)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Well just look at his location he seems like a kid with a serious attention deficiency hey man if you want to get pumped for 105 stages go ahead. For me... give me twenty decent tournie stages and i'm set for brawl :)

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
I only have one other idea for a possible stage (not meant for any characters)

All characters are free falling on a sky background. Gravity is barely evident and occasional platforms move slowly up the screen.

i have yet to think of one for Bomberman as yet, but im sure Nintendo will since hell be in the game.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I can't wait to see what other stages there are. Though I hope they don't break right away like in Angel land.
Well I sorta like the breaking thing, especially if the SSBB team takes it a step further where the platforms either revive faster, or more destruction (destruction is good :) )! After seeing the first 10 stages, another good 15 and I'll be set. I am pretty sure though that there will be more new courses than in Melee (26).

As for the whole 70+ new courses thing, lol did anyone read imy post, because I seriously doubt anyone did. Anyone who thinks I am sure there will be 70+ new courses is pretty retarted. On the otherhand, c'mon who wouldn't be real happy with 70+ great quality courses? Hell, the ones shown alone would make me more than happy!

I also hope that 70+ new courses isn't a rumor, though I doubt it is true (unless it includes the 35 courses from SSB 64 & SSBM). Man 70+ new courses would make me one happy SSB fan, and you could never ever again get bored of all thje courses.
O wait, that quote is a self quote, point proven. All I said was I would be happy if there were 70+ courses. you might have taken it wrong, I wrote that with some sarcasism, some people must have take it wrong. O, and prove I have attention deficiency problems KevinM (I did my location when I was bored), and actually read my post, and what I said above!

I'm getting pumped for just the courses shown in the trailer, plus at leat 15-20 more even. So I might want to advice some people to read my posts before making themselves look like idiots. Those courses shown and all past courses are all I need, but hey we all want more. Just as long as Past Stages don't have crappy camera angles like the three past stages in SSBM, that would be awsome. :) :) :)

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
I read your post, and I knew you didn't expect 70+ stages, but you do seem to try to over hype yourself and everyone around you. It's dangerous, and I think you'll end up getting disappointed.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Yea, no one said you were crazy for wanting 70+ stages, and no one said you weren't being sarcastic. All we were saying is to calm down a bit, you'll just end up hurting yourself, me (I'll cry), and some idiots who actually might take what you said serious because there ARE stupid people on these boards...

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I can't wait to see what other stages there are. Though I hope they don't break right away like in Angel land.
IMO I think the platforms breaking in Angel Land are unique...
It adds more depth and action to the level...

For the other stages, from what I have seen, besides Snakes and the MK stage, they are all basic, like Battlefield(three platforms and a big bottom one).

Volvagia

Smash Apprentice
I hope the most stages is pretty normal like Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams etc. But they can have some crazy stages. It's fun, at least in the beginning.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I had this conversation before, I forget where, probably here. lolz. Well if Sonic were to have his own course, it definitely would be Green Hill Zone, with a bumper on either side pointing inward and maybe a small spike pit somewhere. I also had the idea that they could put a spike pit way down underneath the course like where you normally would die, and when you hit the spikes your character does that Sonic dying animation, where he holds up his arms and legs and his mouth is agape, then falls through and ultimately dies. I think that would be cool. Alternatively, it would be a longer walk through stage, flat, somewhat like Mushroom Kingdom, with some loops either in the foreground or background (depending if the Smash team could think of a way to incorperate them into gameplay).

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I had the spike pit in mind myself, but you probably wouldn't have a dying motion... You would most likely just fly up into the air... As for the bumpers, it could be like (I believe) Peaches castle from the 64 version... Not a bad idea!

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
I'm getting a bit obscure here, but my favorite Sonic stage ever was City Escape from Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. What if the battlers were placed on top of that giant truck, which moved down the street. Players would float in sync with the moving truck (like Big Blue) and hitting the street could have the same effect as big blue. After a little while, the truck could crash and the players could be rocketed off into a flat street scene, the screen would rotate, and there would be cars, buildings, and bumpers. Then another truck could come down the street, the camera would revert to normal, and the battlers would have to jump back on the truck or lose a life. Creative, no?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
It's a good idea but, wouldn' the truck part be kinda small... I think you could leave it in but add cars come on to the screen as well!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yea, no one said you were crazy for wanting 70+ stages, and no one said you weren't being sarcastic. All we were saying is to calm down a bit, you'll just end up hurting yourself, me (I'll cry), and some idiots who actually might take what you said serious because there ARE stupid people on these boards...
Good point, forgot about the people who are stupid. All I want is some awsome pure original courses (*cough* SMB 3 course).

That Sonic Adventure 2: Battle course sounds like a neat idea. I think there will probably only be one or two Sonic course though, and we should expect Green Hill Zone. Green Hill Zone is the logical and easy choice we can expectr to see if Sonic is in SSBB (which he is most likely). Chances are there will be one Sonic course because of lack of course room, but considering Sonic is the #9 selling series of all time, 2 wouldn't be crazy.

Now that I've thought about it a bit, I am leaning more towards downloadable content after SSBB's release, or expansion packs, etc. But most likely downloadable content by a landslide. I believe when SSBB comes out. it will have but a few classic courses.

That means most won't come with the game, and we'll want them back. Needless to say, it isn't probable that most of the 35 SSB 64 and SSBM courses come back, so that is where downloadable content comes to help us out. So chances are sooner or later, this might happen.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Now that I've thought about it a bit, I am leaning more towards downloadable content after SSBB's release, or expansion packs, etc. But most likely downloadable content by a landslide. I believe when SSBB comes out. it will have but a few classic courses.

That means most won't come with the game, and we'll want them back. Needless to say, it isn't probable that most of the 35 SSB 64 and SSBM courses come back, so that is where downloadable content comes to help us out. So chances are sooner or later, this might happen.
That actually happens to be a good idea!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That actually happens to be a good idea!
As well as a logical and likely idea. It is highly possible that Nintendo will use downloadable content to their advantage with SSBB.

It would also be a great way to revise fav classic courses, and would make SSBB that much better.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Well that would be just fine by me if they used wii points SO LONG as they use trace amounts. I don't want to be spending 500 pts for a classic course. I have 200 wii points left over from Doctor Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Super Mario Bros, and The Legend of Zelda from a 2000 point card. It's bugging me out that I have no use for these 200 points, and it would make my millenium to finally be able to get rid of them for something worth while. I'd say 4 levels (we'll call it a bundle) for 100pts would be fine.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
(I believe this is it)
First off, you go to your local game store and buy the card(usually 2000)
After that, you put them into your wii and (you need an internet connection) buy them in the virtual console part. Then, you go to wii menue, select it, and play!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
For a 64 past stage, they should include the Metal Mario stage!(I was PO'd that it wasn't in 64 or Melee... I think its a cool stage).

Top Bottom