• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

Razgriz

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure where I heard this first... maybe even on this thread (I don't feel like reading 51 pages of posts right now) And it wouldn't work incredibly well with the game... But conceptualy, a "no stage" level would be awsome as hell. All characters fall, the screen moves down with them,and objects race by in the background. You fight with DI and try to knock your opponents of the edges of the visible screen. Obviously this would require at least a few tweaks in the game to be feesible, such as a fast-fall cancel for one. It would also give some characters great advantages over others. And of course if you up-b or airdodge ur screwed... which brings me to an even better idea of how to deal with this.

You fight on a stage in a volatile environment in which your surroundings are falling apart, perhaps incorporating some of Brawl's destructible platforms. Use your imagination. Explosions and damaged supports hint that the stage doesn't have much time left, and then it's gone. (explosion, external force of something crashing into it, it just kind of falls, whatever) Following this is a period in which all characters are in free fall for a period of time, say 10-20 seconds or so, until you all land on another platform of the stage, and the process repeats itself, incorporating a variety of different environments. (Kind of like in poke floats when all the unknown go away and you all seem screwed until you land on squirtle, but multiplied a hundred times) Like I said, it would give some characters (jigs, kirby, pit, metaknight, peach, etc) an advantage, and would require some tweaking, and probably wouldn't be great for tournament play, but all that aside, it's a ****ing awsome idea.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Man those levels look sweet! I hope they have all of the following: all classic courses (ssb and melee, all 35, maybe all graphically upgraded!), plus: a metroid prime 1-3 course or two, a paper mario (funny), doctor mario(hospital, on and in), a new super mario bros 3 or super mario land or world course, and luigi mansion's or super mario sunshine course! Also a few new Star Fos courses r coming, and the unique F-Zero courses should be coming, sweeter, newer, and better! And Dreamland gonna be more than a dream of new courses: it gonna be a reality (lol)! new pokemon courses too, like a city such as a city like saffron city from ssb, but better! bowser's castle would be cool...and so would mushroom city sewers!(needed no matter wat!) The fire emblem course looks promising, probablly with more fire emblem courses, along with 1 or 2 new mother (earthbound) courses. But the originally designed courses need upgrades, and more, maybe from that battlefield wire frame fight gravity thing as a menu option (sweet!)! But the highlight is m favorite game series courses (much like last 2 games), THE LEGEND OF ZELDA COURSES AND ARENAS! Hyrule Temple was the most popular melee course, and hyrule castle was 1 of the most popular ssb courses! But man imagine a wind waker(island or final fight course), new ocarina of time course (ganon's tower or lost woods) , twilight princess (2 many), a link to the past (dark world pyramid), loz (any really), or a new zelda II dungeon/course (great temple or death pathway to great temple!)....that would be sweet!

buddy9246

Smash Ace
Next to the circle shaped square on the far side o
Man those levels look sweet! I hope they have all of the following: all classic courses (ssb and melee, all 35, maybe all graphically upgraded!), plus: a metroid prime 1-3 course or two, a paper mario (funny), doctor mario(hospital, on and in), a new super mario bros 3 or super mario land or world course, and luigi mansion's or super mario sunshine course! Also a few new Star Fos courses r coming, and the unique F-Zero courses should be coming, sweeter, newer, and better! And Dreamland gonna be more than a dream of new courses: it gonna be a reality (lol)! new pokemon courses too, like a city such as a city like saffron city from ssb, but better! bowser's castle would be cool...and so would mushroom city sewers!(needed no matter wat!) The fire emblem course looks promising, probablly with more fire emblem courses, along with 1 or 2 new mother (earthbound) courses. But the originally designed courses need upgrades, and more, maybe from that battlefield wire frame fight gravity thing as a menu option (sweet!)! But the highlight is m favorite game series courses (much like last 2 games), THE LEGEND OF ZELDA COURSES AND ARENAS! Hyrule Temple was the most popular melee course, and hyrule castle was 1 of the most popular ssb courses! But man imagine a wind waker(island or final fight course), new ocarina of time course (ganon's tower or lost woods) , twilight princess (2 many), a link to the past (dark world pyramid), loz (any really), or a new zelda II dungeon/course (great temple or death pathway to great temple!)....that would be sweet!
Those are alot of stages! but all sound cool. What if there was a stage for each character using their own terrain and stuff like that.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Those are alot of stages! but all sound cool. What if there was a stage for each character using their own terrain and stuff like that.
That would be just as sweet, if not sweeter! With that, imagine 2x that (unlikely, but cool), plus hopefully they have all returning stages from SSB and Melee, maybe even with a cool option of higher graphic quality (I thought Zebes: Brinstar was below my Melee expectations (they all basically good, and Brinstar: Depths is alirite), just becuase I love Brinstar in SSB, cause it bigger, better, and more spread out and is bigger (why I like SSB original courses is because they way bigger!), making fighters have more area to fight in and on. Melee tried to make running a minimal option, and forced fighting (another tactic, that was almsot completely mastered with Melee courses such as Mute City, Yoshi's Story, Yoshi's Island, Poke' Floats, Brinstar, Brinstar Depths, somewat Battlefield, Mushroom Kingdom, Rainbow Cruise, Big Blue (beginning at least), and Great Bay, but primaraly Mushroom Kingdom II (all smart, fun, and well designed courses). Despite the map layout, style, and size diffrences between the two, the (NEW) courses in BRAWL will probablly be a huge mixed bag (yae!), with more uniqueness, destructable enviornments (oo...i like!), and moving courses and changing course (all we got is Icicle Mountain, Rainbow Cruise, Mute City, Big Blue, Poke Floats (moving) , Brinstar Depths, and Pokemon Stadium (changing), with some courses having a few destroyable things, and Battlefield and Final Destination having changing backgorund scenearies, as well as the begining of Great Bay (Four Giants and the falling Moon), and simply they need more stuff like that, and more advanced!) I want more courses and keeping old courses for fun (I like em all, even the 1's ppl hate), but I also wanna see new, more creative courses (Hyrule Temple was a hugely creative, massive, big, and exciting course to play on just simply because it was never the same each time you played on it, it was that big! henceit my favorite course for the SSB series (I hope it nothing compaired to BRAWL courses, lol!), that range in sizes, levels (ex: Icicle Mountains height level, versus Final Destination), style, and feel! These will be the secrets much needed for BRAWL to have hugely successful courses, hopefully that we can reconize from some of our favorite games, rencent, new, and old!

Wrath`

Smash Master
Yo buddy you always tell me to stay on topic,but you are not on topic with that post

I have to agree with you tho,This is a sales booster game,so putting it on the GC will be stupid.

buddy9246

Smash Ace
Next to the circle shaped square on the far side o
Quick Question:

Some people on Youtube were saying that Brawl will be on Wii AND GC? I was certain it was just on Wii but maybe im wrong. Simple response please, I'm not dumb, just confused.
Nintendo would most likely put it on the wii. If they put it on the GC then not as many people would buy the wii. They would just buy the Gamecube version. Plus it is easier to get brawl online with a wii.
Yo buddy you always tell me to stay on topic,but you are not on topic with that post

I have to agree with you tho,This is a sales booster game,so putting it on the GC will be stupid.
I was Answering a quick questing. don't tell me to stay on topic.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I think the deal with Meta Knights ship, is you start in the hanger or whatever, lift off, and after a while, land on the ship in midflight...but for the most part, you're on that tiny platform, I think...

guesswho

Smash Cadet
i think it would be cool if they updated Fountain Of DReams from ssbm by making it bigger and deacreasing the lag. Im not upset at any of the ssbm levels. They should keep all of them and update them. Except for big blue , and ice climbers level , "wait ther are levels I dont like in ssbm. Im in total brawl denial. Im sorry smash fans but i think i love this game way to much. its Like I married it sorta. i love this about her, and i hate that about her. take me back melee, i didnt mean to disrespect u like that.i dont thinkill get a divorce untill november

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Nintendo would most likely put it on the wii. If they put it on the GC then not as many people would buy the wii. They would just buy the Gamecube version. Plus it is easier to get brawl online with a wii.
Thanks. As for the discussion... nix any level with too much level interaction: Icicle Mountain, Rainbow Cruise, Green Greens, Flat Zone (too small anyway), Big Blue, and Poke Floats. a list of personal favorites that should be kept: Great Bay, Fountain Of Dreams, Corneria, Hyrule Temple, Onett, Brinstar Depths, and Fourside. Keep the Past Stages excluding Yoshi's Island. MUST have Final Destination and Battlefield. I see that Battlefield's already in the new game, but why does Pit get it? What makes him so special? Why can't it be themed around me? :laugh: I'm fine with it really, and I'm fine with the theme, I was just wondering. You know how it is.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Levels with interaction are fun, interesting, original (except other nintendo games, but original for fighters, hehe), and are straight from Mario and Kirby games. It is just another way of Nintendo blending games together, and I love it!! Not many interaction levels, but if their are goanna be like 40 others, then at least have 4 or 5 levels like icicle mountain or Rainbow cruise...

P.S. I'm talking about the Rainbow Cruise, Poke'floats, Icicle Mountain, and Big Blue...I didn't care much for Green Greens...(they should've had an alternate music choice of the music that plays in kirby's past stage)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Levels with interaction are fun, interesting, original (except other nintendo games, but original for fighters, hehe), and are straight from Mario and Kirby games. It is just another way of Nintendo blending games together, and I love it!! Not many interaction levels, but if their are goanna be like 40 others, then at least have 4 or 5 levels like icicle mountain or Rainbow cruise...

I'm not saying that levels with interaction aren't fun. I'm saying levels with TOO MUCH interaction kill a lot of the fun of playing. Don't tell me you've never groaned when you have to play on a certain level that, for some reason, you dispise. Lets use Green Greens for example. Dream Land is fun because it has only one strong interaction, the wind blown from the tree. But when you take Dream Land and turn it into a frenzy like Green Greens, which not only has wind, but falling blocks, bombs, minimal platform room, and giant freakin apples, you spend more time worrying about getting smacked in the face from a falling apple and worrying about not getting too close to that bomb block than actually playing a fighting game. This V.S. mode isn't a platformer, leave all that garbage in Adventure mode.

Shinku

Smash Champion
quick question, does anyone know the REAL realese date???? i hear they changed it from november, to december to now janurary 1st 2008??!?!?!?!? really this is more important to me than a dumb stage or character. i just want it now! lol

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Would anyone else like to see an updated Saffron City? It was my favorite SSB stage -_-

Sjakmachien

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking it could be, yet another, Past Stage, just like Yoshi's Island, Congo Jungle, and Dream Land before it.
I would rather see Hyrule Temple as a past stage, or as a renovated stage, it's awesome And a good stage for the BLACK HOLE glitch.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I would rather see Hyrule Temple as a past stage, or as a renovated stage, it's awesome And a good stage for the BLACK HOLE glitch.
Yet another perfectly reasonable stage that'd be awesome for return!

...Oh, wait, I thought you were talking about Hyrule Castle. Nevermind...

Actually, there are quite a few stages that seem to be good Past Stages.

Ones that won't be returning, I'm sure:

Peach's Castle (it didn't even look like Peach's Castle)
Planet Zebes
Sector Z
Mushroom Kingdom... I don't know, I actually like this stage, especially the warp pipes!

Sjakmachien

Smash Journeyman
Yet another perfectly reasonable stage that'd be awesome for return!

...Oh, wait, I thought you were talking about Hyrule Castle. Nevermind...

Actually, there are quite a few stages that seem to be good Past Stages.

Ones that won't be returning, I'm sure:

Peach's Castle (it didn't even look like Peach's Castle)
Planet Zebes
Sector Z
Mushroom Kingdom... I don't know, I actually like this stage, especially the warp pipes!
Sorry, I meant Hyrule Castle.

KalimariDark

Smash Apprentice
I don't want to see any of the Donkey Kong stages come back. Or DK for that matter. (lol, I'mma DK-hater) I'd prefer if we got a new Zelda stage, but got rid of the Great Bay stage. It won't stay, because of the newer Zelda games they want to advertise, but I always found that stage very annoying, especially fighting Marth (fighting on the bottom platforms is hell [personal experience]).

People are talking about lots of fine stage ideas, but not a lot of them are especially new or exciting. Obviously we'll see at least one new stage for each character~but specifically, I'd like to see environments that are just really amazing to watch, though perhaps less interactive than last time. Fox's new level is set in space, it looks like, with a large battle ship flying around in the background. I thought it looked pretty cool, and if it kept a grandios scale for other stages (like Metaknight's stage and that ship) while keeping it from disrupting the players, that would be perfect. I really like active stages, like PokeFloats with its large, sometimes quick-moving platforms, without the stage dangers, things that could hurt/KO a player.

One stage like GreenGreens though, perhaps a little bigger and more dangerous, with all items on high, wouldn't be bad every once in a while ;)

The_Famous_SK

Smash Apprentice
What about the airships from Super Mario 3? I'd love to fight on one of those. Rainbow Cruise just didn't cut it.

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
woo, I really like the idea of the airship.. All im looking out for are the transport pipes returning to mushroom kingdom

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
I have an idea as a pokemon stage. How about a 3-split platform? ~- airspace

~_____~~~~~~~~______~
~~~~~~~____~~~~~~~~~
________~~~~_______~~~

And as a fun twist, two trainers are in the background battling. But, as in pokemon games, some attack miss. These attacks would hit the stage. How cool would that be?

Oh, and a mario stage where the stage is the end of world 1-1(on the first mario bros.), everything is 2-D and 8-bit(just like how it would be onthe original nintendo?)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
The stage that I would like to see is Bowser's Castle, also like the idea of theMetaknight ship if it would move around

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
The stage that I would like to see is Bowser's Castle, also like the idea of theMetaknight ship if it would move around
...I think Bowser's Castle should have lava pits, along with random Thwomps and such...

And fireballs, oh yes, you can't forget aobut those! What else?

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
I dunno if this has been brought up yet, but does any one else think that the Castle stage we've seen is actually an upgraded version of the stage Akaneia that was cut from Melee (and can be seen in the debug)? That would explain why it was one of the first stages shown, seeing as how it isn't a generic stage (Battlefield), nor is it connected to any revealed characters yet (Halberd).

Just my two cents.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Hmm...well, and I only know about FE from reading about it on various websites, maybe that is a castle from the first Fire Emblem and that banner is the one used by the evil dragon final boss monster for the places his armies claim. Or not. Like I said, I know almost nothing of FE. :/ From screenshots of the third FE (which has a remake of the first for its first half for those who don't know) that I've seen, there are red roofed buildings and wooded areas in a few of them.

Top Bottom