• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official: SSBPD unsupported; source code released.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Cool beans! Little issue: Adding a video from tournaments page works fine, but adding one from player page does not work (additionally, it doesn't pop up that overlay like it does on tournament pages).

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Cool beans! Little issue: Adding a video from tournaments page works fine, but adding one from player page does not work (additionally, it doesn't pop up that overlay like it does on tournament pages).
i dont believe you. try hard refreshing on a player page, it's probably just a caching issue.

Mahone

Smash Champion
don't second guess yourself

Also, i wish ur second sentence was "i have two tournies to upload too"... Then u could be like sheik...

Wtf am i even talking about

baka4moé

Smash Champion
hey guys this thing is looking so sweet, the video linking is a great idea! if yall have time, a couple quick name changes:

"W.A.S.T.E." from GREV XIII is the same as "Jesse" from Winter Game Fest VI and "WASTED" in Winter Gamefest 2012

same with Sunny from GREV XIII, he's "Sunny Day" in WGF 2012 and WGF VI

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'll just set them to WASTED and Sunny Day for now, but do you know what their preferred tag is?

hectohertz

Smash Ace
hey, i hate to keep bringing this up, but can someone remove my matches at apex? as I've already explained, I was sick, had to leave, and didn't get to play a single match at the tourney

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
hey guys, you can like search and stuff now. should be pretty cool. i'm aware that it's slow.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
FoxLisk, can we add to the first page that if anybody needs help with their profile like changing name, tourney matches, characters, ect and flagging hasn't worked, if they PM me I'd have a much better time fixing things.

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
I really like the advanced search and video linking. This will make finding videos so much easier.

A few things...
  • If no results are found while using the advanced player search, a page will come up that says "No results found. Go back.", but "Go back" links to the set search instead of back to the player search.
  • In the set search, checking the box "select all" on the winner's side for character or region will select everything on the loser's side as well. Checking "select all" on the loser's side doesn't do anything.
  • When someone's opponent uses a character other than their main in a set, the different character is displayed on the tournament page but not on the player's page. Maybe it was intended this way, I don't know.
  • In the future, could you possibly somehow mark which sets have a video link and which ones don't, so people don't have to click on the "+" or use advanced search to check.
  • For the past week, this guy's graph has been a vertical line with only two points from the same tournament on it even though he's been to other tournaments. It's kinda weird... A few other people who attended the same tournament had weird graphs like this but I can't figure out why.
  • I uploaded two tournaments (OMG and SMBU 07) a couple of weeks ago that still haven't been processed. I don't want to bug you guys about this since I know there are lots of other tournaments to be processed and you're probably super busy with other stuff, but I wanted to confirm that they were indeed uploaded and weren't marked as spam or something since it's been quite a while.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I'm going to be pretty free this weekend. Gonna try to process everything that's uploaded by Friday night.

(My weekends are Thursdays and Fridays)

:phone:

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
I really like the advanced search and video linking. This will make finding videos so much easier.

A few things...
  • If no results are found while using the advanced player search, a page will come up that says "No results found. Go back.", but "Go back" links to the set search instead of back to the player search.
  • In the set search, checking the box "select all" on the winner's side for character or region will select everything on the loser's side as well. Checking "select all" on the loser's side doesn't do anything.
  • When someone's opponent uses a character other than their main in a set, the different character is displayed on the tournament page but not on the player's page. Maybe it was intended this way, I don't know.
  • In the future, could you possibly somehow mark which sets have a video link and which ones don't, so people don't have to click on the "+" or use advanced search to check.
  • For the past week, this guy's graph has been a vertical line with only two points from the same tournament on it even though he's been to other tournaments. It's kinda weird... A few other people who attended the same tournament had weird graphs like this but I can't figure out why.
  • I uploaded two tournaments (OMG and SMBU 07) a couple of weeks ago that still haven't been processed. I don't want to bug you guys about this since I know there are lots of other tournaments to be processed and you're probably super busy with other stuff, but I wanted to confirm that they were indeed uploaded and weren't marked as spam or something since it's been quite a while.
Fixed most of these. I'm not 100% on showing something to indicate a video link. Currently you can filter out results without links on the player page, which I figure is enough. Maybe it would make sense to add something on tournaments, too.

The set character is listed under set search on purpose because you are looking for info about sets. Same with the tournament page. The player page is info about players, so it lists the player's main. This might or might not be stupid, but it is deliberate.

I have no idea what's going on with that guy's graph... If it isn't resolved next time we recalculate ratings, I'll take a closer look

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
I have no idea what's going on with that guy's graph... If it isn't resolved next time we recalculate ratings, I'll take a closer look
It's been like that for about a week so I assume the recalculations have already been run... If it's any insight, that tournament (Rainbow Dash Dance 2) appears as two points on all the attendees graphs regardless of whether or not they made it out of pools. I think Irish Dude and DualCats are the only ones who have only that tournament on their graphs even though they've been to others. It might be because they were merged with different players after this tournament was uploaded.

Because school is now out and I have too much time on my hands, here are a few more things I noticed.
  • The bracket images for tournaments where it went to the second set for GF are weird. For example, the bracket image for APEX 2012 shows Armada beating Hungrybox 3 times.
  • When selecting characters for individual sets, there is no space between character's names. It shows "MrGameAndWatch" instead of "Mr Game and Watch".
  • When searching for sets that contain multiple videos, there amount of times the set will be displayed in the search results is the amount of videos squared (?!?). For example, someone uploaded 3 videos for Zhu vs Hax from APEX 2012 so there are 9 search results for that set. I also just uploaded 10 videos for GF between Mojo and Broly at TYS Bar Fights 6 (the videos were uploaded by game and they went to the 5th game for two sets. Now that I think about it, the tio file uploaded probably didn't include that second set.) so 100 results of Mojo vs Broly appeared in the search results. (actually 125 since they played a 5 game set in WF as well. -__-)
  • The tournament links in the set search results don't work.

Mahone

Smash Champion
When searching for sets that contain multiple videos, there amount of times the set will be displayed in the search results is the amount of videos squared (?!?). For example, someone uploaded 3 videos for Zhu vs Hax from APEX 2012 so there are 9 search results for that set. I also just uploaded 10 videos for GF between Mojo and Broly at TYS Bar Fights 6 (the videos were uploaded by game and they went to the 5th game for two sets. Now that I think about it, the tio file uploaded probably didn't include that second set.) so 100 videos of Mojo vs Broly appeared in the search results. (actually 125 since they played a 5 game set in WF as well. -__-)
This doesn't sound like a problem to me. More melee vids is always a good thing.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Hahah ****. I actually realized that and corrected it on player pages but forgot to on the search page. Oops!

baka4moé

Smash Champion
Few quick things about the most recent tournament from socal on there, "Sexy Sweet Snacking Stadium Serious Stuff":
- "Dr. Awesome" is the same "DrAwesome" in the "Codename Epic" tournament. He uses falco
- "Squid" is not the same Squid that went to the Massachusetts tournaments, maybe theres one for MA and one for CA. the socal squid uses falco.
- "Adam-wc" (Neighborhood P/Likewise) uses fox now. "Hairy Nips" and "Read" use falcon, "QZZY" uses peach.

Hope this clears up some stuff, thanks

Edit: Also this may have been addressed already, but the regions search doesn't seem to be working, at least for California.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Does someone manually enter the tournaments that are uploaded or does the website do it itself? I'm just eager to see how the recent results affect my ELO rating lolz

Bones0

Smash Legend
We check all of the entrants to make sure their names are accurate. We fix the ones with incorrect syntax or wrong names all together, then we reupload the tournament to overwrite the previous file and click "Process."

Ambix

Smash Ace
can my ELO be adjusted for the CMU tournament that Carrol recently uploaded?

I didn't actually lose my match to ROH.

We never played because I had to leave.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
can my ELO be adjusted for the CMU tournament that Carrol recently uploaded?

I didn't actually lose my match to ROH.

We never played because I had to leave.
Generally we take the position that if you leave before an event we remove your games, but playing part of an event we count the rest as forfeits. It doesn't make sense to have a player suddenly become a bye in the middle of an event.

Ambix

Smash Ace
Generally we take the position that if you leave before an event we remove your games, but playing part of an event we count the rest as forfeits. It doesn't make sense to have a player suddenly become a bye in the middle of an event.

will you adjust your position if I lie and say I had to go visit my 9 year old cancer patient sister at the hospital?

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
No. If you had to go visit your sister, a few points in your rating would be the last of your concerns.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Agreed. We have to maintain a position of black and white to prevent abuse of the system, so please understand. You would be surprised how little one single match affects your elo. The major thing though is that if it were removed, the other player that got the win would lose the points he gained, with no opportunity to gain them back.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Certainly; you could have players that know they're going to lose to X player who they're up against next in the bracket "leave" to save their Elo score.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Not to mention people who would claim they left the tournament at a certain point when they actually lost the next 2 rounds.

Top Bottom